Stratovarius @ Wacken

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratovana
Re: Stratovarius @ Wacken

Post by stratovana » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:21 pm

Beauty_has_come

Post by Beauty_has_come » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:03 am

exe knight wrote: I WILL BUY THIS ALBUM RIGHT ON IT'S RELEASE.
ME TOO!!!

(Well, as soon as I find it...)
------------------------

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:55 am

stratovana wrote:Image
:omg: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! That is a great pic!!!!!! :headbang:

:bandit:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:10 am

have you any another pics from Wacken?
Meikä Ankka

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:36 am

Hmm, I don't own Fright Night or Dreamspace. I've been meaning to get my hands on them... curious about them!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

black death

Post by black death » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:33 am

:lol: ...you posted the only guy whom I didn't want to see :?
Anyway...GREAT PHOTO! 8)

Don't you have any other photos?

black death

Post by black death » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:34 am

NeonVomit wrote:Hmm, I don't own Fright Night or Dreamspace. I've been meaning to get my hands on them... curious about them!
Do it! :D

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:56 am

black death wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Hmm, I don't own Fright Night or Dreamspace. I've been meaning to get my hands on them... curious about them!
Fright Night is an excellent frisbee

stratorobbo

Post by stratorobbo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
It is also an excellent record, don't be too hard on yourself :)

One of my favourites in fact :D
Through the Gates of Hell, as we make our way to heaven through the Nazi lines, PRIMO VICTORIA!!!

cliff

Post by cliff » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:44 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
A really expensive one! :lol:
I think Fright Night is a good album.
The bad thing on it is the sound.
But well... it was recorded in 1989 in a couple of days, with really little money. Btw, the recent Iron Maiden album$$$ have a worse sound imo.
<b>This is wrong</b>

stratovana

Post by stratovana » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:46 am

I have more pics of Wacken :)

More soon on the website :)

black death

Post by black death » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:17 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
Whatever it is, I like it much more than some of the later Stratovarius albums (e.g. Elements Pt. 1) :?

stratorobbo

Post by stratorobbo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:22 pm

ah yes, well the last three in my opinion are lacking rather, there just doesn't seem to be the heart as there was in earlier records, my favourite is fourth dimension, but infinite is fucking good too :)

but after hearing last night on earth, i can't fuckin wait for the next album to come out... whatever it might be called :|
Through the Gates of Hell, as we make our way to heaven through the Nazi lines, PRIMO VICTORIA!!!

black death

Post by black death » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:28 pm

stratorobbo wrote:ah yes, well the last three in my opinion are lacking rather, there just doesn't seem to be the heart as there was in earlier records, my favourite is fourth dimension, but infinite is fucking good too :)

but after hearing last night on earth, i can't fuckin wait for the next album to come out... whatever it might be called :|
I wouldn't say it better :D

Btw. you were 18 at Wacken, weren't you?
Congratulations! :ola:
I hope you celebrated it properly :wink:

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:33 pm

black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
Whatever it is, I like it much more than some of the later Stratovarius albums (e.g. Elements Pt. 1) :?
Cool. Elements pt 1 is my favourite album. I used more time in everything on that one. Even the lyrics took 2 months to write. We used symphony orchestra. There´s a lot of my philosophy there and I put ALL my heart into that record and to those songs (except Beatlefart). Most people don´t like it, but that doesn´t matter to me. Fright Night..oh God..

stratorobbo

Post by stratorobbo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:48 pm

hah really... fright night is a classic :|

I still like the elements, they are both very powerful rather than simply heavy metal, but i feel that infinite can't be beaten for that...... grabbin your heart out and ripping it apart kinda feeling :|

now that's power ! haha :S
black death wrote:
stratorobbo wrote:ah yes, well the last three in my opinion are lacking rather, there just doesn't seem to be the heart as there was in earlier records, my favourite is fourth dimension, but infinite is fucking good too :)

I wouldn't say it better :D

Btw. you were 18 at Wacken, weren't you?
Congratulations! :ola:
I hope you celebrated it properly :wink:

Oh I was in a coach for 17 hours of it... and then I had to walked for about two hours with all my stuff, for the traffic leading into Wacken was horrible :| lol

but oh yes i had the best birthday treat ever, in WACKEEENNNN :D

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:03 pm

IMO Fright Night is a good album with good ideas but the quality of the sound rates it poor than other albums. But the songs are cool.

Elements pt.1 is in my top3. Perfect, brilliant. Probably, my favourite song of all time from Strato is Soul Of A Vagabond. It's simply perfect.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:12 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
Cool. Elements pt 1 is my favourite album. I used more time in everything on that one. Even the lyrics took 2 months to write. We used symphony orchestra. There´s a lot of my philosophy there and I put ALL my heart into that record and to those songs (except Beatlefart). Most people don´t like it, but that doesn´t matter to me. Fright Night..oh God..
Well, I've said it more times than I can count, but Ept1 is the Stratoalbum I listen to the most and probably my favourite (maybe after Episode, but that was the first I heard and so is special to me in that way).

Finally someone who agrees with me! :D

I hope you guys play Find Your Own Voice on the next tour, that song is crazy!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

black death

Post by black death » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:15 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
I didn't say that it's bad! I just like the other albums a little bit more :? .
In every case, I bought this album and I do NOT regret the money I paid for it. I've heard it many times and, believe it or not, I LIKE IT.

I can imagine that you maybe don't understand why somebody likes the album that is not so sophisticated and which recording didn't take so much efforts and skills, but I'd say it's cool that some of your fans like even the albums that you probably not :roll:

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:23 pm

black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
In every case, I bought this album and I do NOT regret the money I paid for it. I've heard it many times and, believe it or not, I LIKE IT.

I can imagine that you maybe don't understand why somebody likes the album that is not so sophisticated and which recording didn't take so much efforts and skills, but I'd say it's cool that some of your fans like even the albums that you probably not :roll:
Oh please don´t take it wrong my friend. I am all about freedom and I never argue about opinions and tastes. I like Shania Twain and some songs of Britney Spears. That would make me in the eyes of some metalheads a "traitor", but music is to me about feelings and emotions.
Not about territoriality or what is "best".

stratorobbo

Post by stratorobbo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:00 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:

Oh please don´t take it wrong my friend. I am all about freedom and I never argue about opinions and tastes. I like Shania Twain and some songs of Britney Spears. That would make me in the eyes of some metalheads a "traitor", but music is to me about feelings and emotions.

this is very true, everyone likes their own music... i just ask people to respect everyone else's music taste, and not argue and fight about it.... I still like Queen, Chilis, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs from before i found metal, I am not afraid to say this, but i would not like to know the people who hold it against me that i still listen to such bands, as with yourself - for those are the people who are narrow minded, and don't open their eyes to other music / cultures

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:45 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
:lol: That truly made my miserable day. And I agree with that by the way. :)

black death

Post by black death » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:47 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: Oh please don´t take it wrong my friend. I am all about freedom and I never argue about opinions and tastes. I like Shania Twain and some songs of Britney Spears. That would make me in the eyes of some metalheads a "traitor", but music is to me about feelings and emotions.
OK, nice to see that this misunderstanding is finally resolved :D

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:48 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Elements pt 1 is my favourite album. There´s a lot of my philosophy there and I put ALL my heart into that record and to those songs. Fright Night..oh God..
I remembered you said once Infinite being your favourite but tastes changes with thoughts as we all know.

Somehow I agree Fright Night isn´t so good album, specially soundwise and lyrically in some parts. But there are lots of good parts on it too. Understand you were all young and there weren´t many metal albums made in Finland at that time so the result was like it was, but OK. Actually I remembered it was much worse but after a long pause I finally found the album this summer again and noticed it is actually better than I thought. But still I could say I like that album the least as Strato-albums.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Warrior of Hell

Post by Warrior of Hell » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:19 pm

here is a little set list (not in the correct order)

Hunting High and low
Speed of Light
Million Lightyears away
Visions
Paradise
Eagleheart
Last night on Earth
Distant Skies
Black Diamond
Father Time (i think they played it, if i remember well)

i hope i haven´t forgot one...
Why does life sometimes feel so strange?

stratorobbo

Post by stratorobbo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:48 pm

yes they played father time, after visions i believe, but TK introduced it as being from the visions album :o

distant skies i believe was second or third too

my favourite song of the set :D

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:52 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: Cool. Elements pt 1 is my favourite album. I used more time in everything on that one. Even the lyrics took 2 months to write. We used symphony orchestra. There´s a lot of my philosophy there and I put ALL my heart into that record and to those songs (except Beatlefart). Most people don´t like it, but that doesn´t matter to me. Fright Night..oh God..
I like that album (and Beatlefart also! :lol: ) even if I prefer part 2! but should both elements be originally just one album?
StratoFabio

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:55 pm

I say this again. Timo, can you tell to us, when we get some news from the new album.for example the new album name, or new album songlist, or a new single, or when the new album or new single it's out?

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:08 pm

Somebody's impatient! :P

stratorobbo

Post by stratorobbo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:10 pm

rakettitulppa wrote:I say this again. Timo, can you tell to us, when we get some news from the new album.for example the new album name, or new album songlist, or a new single, or when the new album or new single it's out?
next year for the album hopefully... that's all you need to know :)