Does Somebody see them playing these music in any liveshow?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
CLASSICAL MONSTER
Does Somebody see them playing these music in any liveshow?

Post by CLASSICAL MONSTER » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:33 pm

I want to know is there anyone see Stratovarius playing STRATOSPHERE AND STRATOFORTRESS AND HOLYLIGHT in any live show or concert?
I really want to see the video!

Thanks!

MaFiaBoY

Re: Does Somebody see them playing these music in any liveshow?

Post by MaFiaBoY » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:37 pm

They played Stratofortress almost every night during the Elements World Tour, but given that the guys seems to not like the Elements very much, it seems unlikely they'll play it again. Similarly, Holy Light was played a lot during the Visions tour (you can hear a prt of it on Visions of Europe) and Stratosphere during the Episode tour. Sadly, they don't seem to be played much, nowadays...

So, as for myself, I've seen Holy Light and Stratofortress.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ~desu

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:32 pm

what about Fire Dance or Stratovarius?

Llageran

Post by Llageran » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:03 pm

They played Stratosphere when I saw them the first time in 1998 in sweden(appears on the Jag Vill Knulla Din Hund i Röven-bootleg).I also have a video where they play Stratovarius and they play Fire Dance in the same show as the Break The Ice-video was recorded.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:33 pm

please youtube?

Llageran

Post by Llageran » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:08 am

When I get my stationary computer to work I can post it there.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:07 am

MaFiaBoY wrote:They played Stratofortress almost every night during the Elements World Tour, but given that the guys seems to not like the Elements very much, it seems unlikely they'll play it again. Similarly, Holy Light was played a lot during the Visions tour (you can hear a prt of it on Visions of Europe) and Stratosphere during the Episode tour. Sadly, they don't seem to be played much, nowadays...

I like Elements records very much. They represent to me the peak of this band artistically. Especially pt 1.

dupinguez

Post by dupinguez » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:25 pm

Personnally, Elements pt I is one of my favorite album and is an absolute masterpiece, but pt II is just a copy of pt I without its very high quality. As i know, both albums were composed at the same times no? How did you decide to split them like this?
Because for me, pt I was a really great surprise and I didn't expected it to be sooooooooo good (it comes 3rd in my top 3 list after Visions and Episode), and that's also why pt II was a disapointment, while keeping a quality that a lot of bands would love to have...
Mad Butcher & Eternal Devastation
Worst of All Horrendous Post-Makers From Hell

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:23 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:I like Elements records very much. They represent to me the peak of this band artistically. Especially pt 1.
I think the second part is a bit behind, it's not as... hmm, solid. Elements Part 1 has a great concept with great songs and it's my favourite album, although the best is Visions (so the one I like the most is Elements, it serves the best memories for me, while Visions is the best built up album with only great songs).
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:47 pm

dupinguez wrote:Personnally, Elements pt I is one of my favorite album and is an absolute masterpiece, but pt II is just a copy of pt I without its very high quality. As i know, both albums were composed at the same times no? How did you decide to split them like this?
Because for me, pt I was a really great surprise and I didn't expected it to be sooooooooo good (it comes 3rd in my top 3 list after Visions and Episode), and that's also why pt II was a disapointment, while keeping a quality that a lot of bands would love to have...
Everybody hears music differently. Pt2 has more earthly feel and less symphonic. They are very different from each other.

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:00 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
dupinguez wrote:Personnally, Elements pt I is one of my favorite album and is an absolute masterpiece, but pt II is just a copy of pt I without its very high quality. As i know, both albums were composed at the same times no? How did you decide to split them like this?
Everybody hears music differently. Pt2 has more earthly feel and less symphonic. They are very different from each other.
Imo Iwtmos is much better than Eagle heart (btw my brother is going to sing that on the next Idols).
Well but I quess I shouldn't talk about the elements since I don't own either of those.

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:02 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
I think the Elements Part I has the most mature music you've done, and the Elements part II has some of the beautiest (does this word exist? lol) and meaningful lyrics; Also you said there were made in 20 minutes, some of them as Awaken The Giant are very ... personal, as Season of faith's perfection... Just awesome!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:04 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
MaFiaBoY wrote:They played Stratofortress almost every night during the Elements World Tour, but given that the guys seems to not like the Elements very much, it seems unlikely they'll play it again. Similarly, Holy Light was played a lot during the Visions tour (you can hear a prt of it on Visions of Europe) and Stratosphere during the Episode tour. Sadly, they don't seem to be played much, nowadays...

I like Elements records very much. They represent to me the peak of this band artistically. Especially pt 1.
Dreamspace had it's own type of Artistic quality, as did Twilight Time.
You may disagree, but damn Timo, your voice can do some crazy shit that's really cool.

CLASSICAL MONSTER

Post by CLASSICAL MONSTER » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:41 pm

Thank you all!

Exner

Post by Exner » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:41 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:I like Elements records very much. They represent to me the peak of this band artistically. Especially pt 1.
I remember reading a post on the "old" Stratovarius forum where you said something like "sometimes you have to make 2 shitty albums to get rid of a shitty record company" (about the Elements and Nuclear Blast) :)

Anyway... about the Elements albums. Personally I think that part 1 has got some good songs. My favourite one is the title track. I especially like the part with "Wind -- Bringer of fright
Fire -- Protector
Water -- Cleanse my soul..." that part has got so much feelings and emotions. Great vocals by Kotipelto, followed by a wonderfull guitar solo.

In general I think that the production of part one feels abit too big and "over worked" perhaps. And I also feels that Kotipelto is pushing his limits too high... too high vocals in some parts I think, escpecially in "Find yor own voice" where it's so high so it's hard to hear what he is singing in some parts.

I on the other hand like part 2 alot more. I think it has better SONGS. Better melodies in general.
"Know the difference" is a really great song which would be so great to see you play live.
"Season of faiths perfection" is a wonderfull ballad (I just LOVE your ballads Tolkki and hope that every Strato album in the future will include atleast one. I especially love the power ballads with great feeling, emotions and sadness).

So, well both part 1 and 2 are good albums but to me part 2 feels stronger as I prefer great melodies instead of big productions and arangements.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Hmm
anyone ever hear of them playing ATLANTIS live?