Sociological experiment

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked
TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Sociological experiment

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:00 am

So, some months ago I decided to make a little sociological experiment to myself and return to post to this forum. Knowing for a fact that a presence of a "famous" person always changes things I wanted to see and also wanting to see my own reactions to posts because I knew there will be heated arguments.
We have been writing about the US politics, global warming, religion. Some of the core issues today.
Those are bound to bring tension. Still some people here, including myself, lowered themselves to intentionally hurt people whose beliefs are different.
I am very sorry about that. I was very surprised about my own behaviour and I take it as a valuable lesson in becoming a better human.

I still believe that my worldview is so radically different from what majority of the people hold. Over the years I have seen and felt such a hatred towards it that it has made me think a lot if I am wrong or right. Then I realized that in the final game, it doesn´t really matter because if it is right, it will be heard.
Now I am gonna leave this place and return to my own forum and make it more active. Thanks for everyone and keep safe ok?

Cheers, Timo

"They say that what you mock, will surely overtake you and you become
a monster" U2/Bono "Peace on Earth"

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by black death » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:35 am

...so the monster will not break you.

I couldn't resist and not to add it. :?

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:50 am

black death wrote:...so the monster will not break you.

I couldn't resist and not to add it. :?
erm it´s actually "soon the monster will not break you".

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by black death » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:17 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:...so the monster will not break you.

I couldn't resist and not to add it. :?
erm it´s actually "soon the monster will not break you".
:? ...you made me to play it now (I haven't heard it for some time, so I wasn't sure) and I understand there "so".
And I've done what I haven't done for a few years...opened the booklet...and there is "so" as well :roll:

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:23 pm

black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:...so the monster will not break you.

I couldn't resist and not to add it. :?
erm it´s actually "soon the monster will not break you".
:? ...you made me to play it now (I haven't heard it for some time, so I wasn't sure) and I understand there "so".
And I've done what I haven't done for a few years...opened the booklet...and there is "so" as well :roll:
Yes, but they change lyrics sometimes. Listen to the song;)

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by black death » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:30 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:...so the monster will not break you.

I couldn't resist and not to add it. :?
erm it´s actually "soon the monster will not break you".
:? ...you made me to play it now (I haven't heard it for some time, so I wasn't sure) and I understand there "so".
And I've done what I haven't done for a few years...opened the booklet...and there is "so" as well :roll:
Yes, but they change lyrics sometimes. Listen to the song;)
Yes, I'm listening to it now...I've heard it five times yet :) and I still understand "so". But maybe it's just my not so good English :?

User avatar
MetalAngel
Sr. Member
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by MetalAngel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:04 pm

It's a real pity that you leave this forum, Timo. :(

Your posts are always interesting and I like to read them. :)

The fact that people have a different view about the world, is real, because there are as much views as there are people on this planet. And this result that people can't always agree on one topic, sometimes...That's life! Anyway, I love when people can discuss together quietly and with arguments, like the members of this forum do. And that is really rewarding. :)

Please, stay on this forum to discuss about various topics. :) We still need someone like you to bring peace and mind-opening to all of us. :wink:
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:17 pm

MetalAngel wrote:It's a real pity that you leave this forum, Timo. :(

Your posts are always interesting and I like to read them. :)

The fact that people have a different view about the world, is real, because there are as much views as there are people on this planet. And this result that people can't always agree on one topic, sometimes...That's life! Anyway, I love when people can discuss together quietly and with arguments, like the members of this forum do. And that is really rewarding. :)

Please, stay on this forum to discuss about various topics. :) We still need someone like you to bring peace and mind-opening to all of us. :wink:
You think this forum is peaceful? :) :) You are very welcome to http://www.tolkki.com/forum

User avatar
MetalAngel
Sr. Member
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by MetalAngel » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Thank you! :)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by NeonVomit » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:02 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: You think this forum is peaceful? :) :) You are very welcome to http://www.tolkki.com/forum
This forum is very peaceful and civilised compared to others on the internet! Just take a look at the www.theruthlessforum.com sometime to see a real mess :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by IceBreaker » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:18 pm

I think this forum is all the time going towards more peaceful place. Just compare what it was about 2-3 or more years ago (about those times I started to read this). Which is a really good thing. :)
I am very sorry about that. I was very surprised about my own behaviour and I take it as a valuable lesson in becoming a better human.
We all make mistakes sometimes, because we´re all just humans. But you can learn a lot of them or your misbehaviour.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

User avatar
Moikko
Sr. Member
Posts: 826
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:19 am
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Contact:

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by Moikko » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:28 pm

To me it was very refreshing to read your posts here Timo!! I had a little break from the forum and from Stratos music! But when i found it again and came back to forum it was really mind opening to read this forum again!! So please give us a visit every now and then! We all do have different opinions about different things and that should not let us get arguing about them! People should be open minded and think all things as 'another option' if u know what i mean!!

User avatar
StratoTimo
Sr. Member
Posts: 6657
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Suomen Chicago...Lahti!
Contact:

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by StratoTimo » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:22 pm

Moikko wrote:To me it was very refreshing to read your posts here Timo!! I had a little break from the forum and from Stratos music! But when i found it again and came back to forum it was really mind opening to read this forum again!! So please give us a visit every now and then! We all do have different opinions about different things and that should not let us get arguing about them! People should be open minded and think all things as 'another option' if u know what i mean!!
AMEN 8)
Meikä Ankka

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by Rebel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:18 am

Timo, I think the presence of a band member on the forum, actually talking to his fans, is extremely important. It's always VERY valuable to the fans to have a pipeline to the band, and I think bands benefit from it too.

User avatar
Equinox
Sr. Member
Posts: 3418
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:26 am
Location: Denver USA

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by Equinox » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:25 am

Thanks for "using'' us as your lab rats Timo T. Just kidding.
It's nice having one of you guys around the forum, but now that you're leaving us, just don't forget about us. Come from time to time, say hi, say bye, but say something.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

User avatar
AMBR@BEC
Member
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by AMBR@BEC » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:58 am

TimoTolkki wrote: Now I am gonna leave this place and return to my own forum and make it more active. Thanks for everyone and keep safe ok?

Cheers, Timo
My eternal laziness prevails....link?
I think I'm actually registered, but....
I tend to avoid philisophical debates due to the endless frustrations and misconceptions they genterate, but maybe it's time to take a chance and at least check it out.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

fulvio86
Jr. Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:56 am
Location: Italy-Milan

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by fulvio86 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:48 am

Ehi Timo, we all make mistakes...don't worry 'bout that. Sometimes happen to be such an "aggressive person" because someone have different idea...but...ehi...that's the game we all play!
Don't leave the forum, we need someone like you here!!!
I've never know how brought me here...as if somebody held my hand...

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Oh I remember the years when I joined. 2003 and 2004 was really... messy. :) Some people got banned during that time. Although I must admit I liked teasing the trolls. Poor Slovenians can't browse this forum because of one stupid guy... :/
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Sociological experiment

Post by Dave » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:47 pm

AMBR@BEC wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote: Now I am gonna leave this place and return to my own forum and make it more active. Thanks for everyone and keep safe ok?

Cheers, Timo
My eternal laziness prevails....link?
I think I'm actually registered, but....
I tend to avoid philisophical debates due to the endless frustrations and misconceptions they genterate, but maybe it's time to take a chance and at least check it out.
TimoTolkki wrote: You think this forum is peaceful? :) :) You are very welcome to http://www.tolkki.com/forum
Spamming is serious business!

Locked