THE LATEST REGARDING SAANA AND FRONTIERS

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: THE LATEST REGARDING SAANA AND FRONTIERS

Post by RazielSR » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:58 am

Sir Timo Tolkki,

What has happened to you last weeks...It has no name. You have had very bad luck, first with the theft and then with this "another theft".

Just to tell you: Hey, don't let them waste your time.

Saana is a great work from you and your colleagues and you can be sure that nobody is going to buy that cd from Frontiers Records. How can the directives form that label, go to sleep and say: "My conscience is clear"...

We all are awaiting for Strato's return too, and I want the best for all of you, regarding your particulars jobs.

You are so great Tolkki, SO GREAT and I thank to you almost everyday, the way you make music and you created Stratovarius. You/we are going to kick Frontier's ass.

Time puts each of us in our place, so don't worry. Just be patient.

Regards.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:10 am

IceBreaker wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: I get Google Alerts about Strato.
This one stumps me. ???

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=91006

??? Weird. I don't understand this at all! ???
Ignore the comments on blabbermouth. Those are usually disgusting rubbish. :roll:
I guess thats why its called Blabbermouth. :D I had not been to that site in many years, now I know why. :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

cliff

Post by cliff » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:55 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: I get Google Alerts about Strato.
This one stumps me. ???

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=91006

??? Weird. I don't understand this at all! ???
Ignore the comments on blabbermouth. Those are usually disgusting rubbish. :roll:
I guess thats why its called Blabbermouth. :D I had not been to that site in many years, now I know why. :D
I don´t see any rubbish in this news. I mean, they just quote everything that Tolkki already said, that the master was stolen, and then that a couple of tracks were leaked on P2P networks.

The rubbish comes from few comments regarding the news. But well, anyone is free to have an opinion about anything, and anyone is free to believe anything he reads or not. Therefore, just ignore the comments.
<b>This is wrong</b>

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:51 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Thank you. You can start buying the MP3 version on 3.3 and in the same day to make preorders about the CDs from www.theground.com
Thanks for your support. It's been quite heavy week...

All the best, Timo
That's great. I guess there will be an option of paying when it arrives just like when Elements Part II Special Edition was shipped.

And no need to thank are support. You have always done a great job with your music and even if your next material would be bad, not so good, etc I would still but it and try to understand it, because I respect your work. I'm really looking forward to hold Saana in my hands!

All the best for you too, Pete
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Kurva Bicha

A few answers would be cool..

Post by Kurva Bicha » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:26 am

Dear TT,
I have now been following this weird and sad chain of events unravelling in Finnish websites in the past few days, and I really would wish you could enlighten us a bit on a few things. I understand that you take unwarranted criticism hard, but now this news of you sueing some fans for saying nasty things about you on an internet messageboard? I really hope this is just a blown out joke, and not real, as going through with this might hurt your career in an unprecedented way. Otherwise, I really hope the record release situation will sort out the best, and this work will bring you many a new fan.

Greets,

KB

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: A few answers would be cool..

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 am

Kurva Bicha wrote:but now this news of you sueing some fans for saying nasty things about you on an internet messageboard?
A short notice: Having read the discussions every day (just read as I won´t like to register there), they are not fans, just metalheads who don´t like TT music and some harshly behaving journalists.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:24 am

IceBreaker wrote:
Kurva Bicha wrote:but now this news of you sueing some fans for saying nasty things about you on an internet messageboard?
A short notice: Having read the discussions every day (just read as I won´t like to register there), they are not fans, just metalheads who don´t like TT music and some harshly behaving journalists.
Its not just the Finnish sites that are nasty.

http://roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/new ... emID=91278

The USA ones are buzzing, too.
I dropped the Google Alert account until this blows over. :roll:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:55 am

Kurva Bicha wrote:Dear TT,
I have now been following this weird and sad chain of events unravelling in Finnish websites in the past few days, and I really would wish you could enlighten us a bit on a few things. I understand that you take unwarranted criticism hard, but now this news of you sueing some fans for saying nasty things about you on an internet messageboard? I really hope this is just a blown out joke, and not real, as going through with this might hurt your career in an unprecedented way. Otherwise, I really hope the record release situation will sort out the best, and this work will bring you many a new fan.

Greets,

KB
I dont follow what people write about me, but I know they need their bad boy. I dont care about "criticism" towards my music, so to make this clear:
you can say whatever you want about my music.
What comes to suing my fans, I havent got a faintest idea what you are talking about. Dont you people have anything better to do?

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:07 am

TimoTolkki wrote:I dont follow what people write about me, but I know they need their bad boy. I dont care about "criticism" towards my music, so to make this clear:you can say whatever you want about my music.What comes to suing my fans, I havent got a faintest idea what you are talking about. Dont you people have anything better to do?
said like a true musician =) I feel exactly the same way. The Music I make I made/make for me mostly(with my band it would be all of us not just me of course). People like it? they wanna buy it and listen to it? thats great! People can say what ever they want about the music but I didnt write it for them, I wrote it for me).

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:56 am

People who register in a forum, board, myspace,etc just to say stupid things against Tolkki music (including Stratovarius, Saana and all other projects)are unsuccessful and bitter persons.

How can "you" come to a forum and blame against to a person who has make things like this:

Discography

Stratovarius

* Fright Night (1989)
* Stratovarius II (1991)
* Twilight Time (1992)
* Dreamspace (1994)
* Fourth Dimension (1995)
* Episode (1996)
* Visions (1997)
* The Past And Now (1997)
* Destiny (1998)
* Visions of Europe (1998)
* The Chosen Ones (1999)
* Infinite (2000)
* 14 Diamonds (2000)
* Intermission (2001)
* Elements, Pt. 1 (2003)
* Elements, Pt. 2 (2003)
* Stratovarius (2005)
* Black Diamond: The Anthology (2006)
* R.... R..... (2008)

Solo albums

* Classical Variations and Themes (1994)
* Hymn to Life (2002)
* Saana – Warrior of Light Pt 1 (2008)

Guest appearances

* Avantasia: The Metal Opera — vocals on "The Tower"
* Avantasia: The Metal Opera Part II — guitar solo on "The Seven Angels" and "Into the Unknown"
* Edguy: Vain Glory Opera — guitar solo on "Out of Control"
* Gimmel: Kaksi kertaa enemmän — guitar
* Thunderstone: Thunderstone — guitar solo on "Like Father, Like Son"

Who are "you" and when I say you I mean somebody who say stupid things against Tolkki. Who are you, what gives your life meaning?

Do you have a sense of purpose in life?

It's soooo important for you to sit in front of a PC to blame against good and talented people like Tolkki.

And do you know why? Because you are NOTHING.

Because Tolkki have a heavenly gift to make music and you wish the same. But, you only have a knack for making lose rest of the world`s patience .
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:00 pm

I won´t call them fans at all, but here are two Finnish news which were published yesterday:

http://elisa.net/uutiset/viihde/?id=29180

http://viihde.mtv3.fi/uutiset/muut.shtm ... olkki_timo
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:19 pm

IceBreaker wrote:I won´t call them fans at all, but here are two Finnish news which were published yesterday:

But, I don't understand Finnish. Can you please translate something?

Thanks in advance.

Kurva Bicha

Post by Kurva Bicha » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:45 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:

Greets,

KB
I dont follow what people write about me, but I know they need their bad boy. I dont care about "criticism" towards my music, so to make this clear:
What comes to suing my fans, I havent got a faintest idea what you are talking about. Dont you people have anything better to do?
Thanks big guy, just wanted to clear all this. Internet news, rumours and BS are an amazing thing. And for "legimate" news sites to pick up this scheisse is just beyond laughable. Good luck with Saana and the long-awaited future Stratoalbum.

RonimuZ

Post by RonimuZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:15 pm

RazielSR wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:I won´t call them fans at all, but here are two Finnish news which were published yesterday:

But, I don't understand Finnish. Can you please translate something?

Thanks in advance.
First one: "Timo Tolkki in the eye of a storm. It is doubted that Timo Tolkki made a marketing gimmick to get attention towards his album". This first piece of news seems to be bit wrong. The discussion started on Imperiumi forum.

This is continued "Tolkki has, with his lawyer, reported 12 crimes (insults)."

Second link: "Tolkki reported 12 crimes". Something about the doubts concerning the theft and then about the thing with Frontier Records.

Third one: http://www.stara.fi/2008/02/29/stratova ... a-bluffia/

"The reports are only bluff?" The magazine has asked police about this, and they don't know about it.

Fourth one: http://viihde.mtv3.fi/uutiset/muut.shtm ... olkki_timo
"Police: Tolkki hasn't made any reports"
Something about the master...
Then:
Timo Tolkki has been quiet about the mess. According to our information he is seriously sick

TimoTolkki wrote:

Greets,

KB
I don't understand. The person who accused Imperiumi discussers of insults really works for GoldenWorks. He uses company e-mail, and that can't be faked. I also know that at least Jarmo Petäjä of GoldenWorks informed you about it. Did Jari Jokinen work on his own then?

[edit:] How about people who discussed on the board?

Link to Imperiumi thread: http://www.imperiumi.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28501

Interesting post:
http://www.imperiumi.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... 588#602588

Another Jari (who apparently belongs to the near circle of Tolkki, at least at some level) registered there to write a long post describing how the fight in Spain was set up, the problems with Kotipelto were set up, the master theft was set up, the guitar theft was a lie (no pics of it were posted to prevent selling of it), the threats about sueing people are only a media stunt too... Lots of claims.

He also lists people who know how things really are, it can be found from the bottom...

--

It's weird how I keep hearing all kinds of different versions of this... I can't seem to follow up with the events and really don't know what to believe.
" Sacrifice:Life "

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:24 pm

A good question would be: Who is this spokesman (he writes wrongly in Finnish as "tiedoittaja") Jari Jokinen? Who claims to work for GW.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Er, last I checked TT didn't really need a marketing gimmick of any sort to get attention for his album.

If it were to be released, many many people would buy it. Simple. The whole matter with the record company etc. is a different matter.

So the whole 'done for attention' thing sounds pretty dumb and pointless, really.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

RonimuZ

Post by RonimuZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:42 pm

IceBreaker wrote:A good question would be: Who is this spokesman (he writes wrongly in Finnish as "tiedoittaja") Jari Jokinen? Who claims to work for GW.
Yes. His writing hasn't been accurate, and his posts haven't been very professional. He's mostly been provoking the board users there.

But, he really works for GW, there's no doubt of that. He uses company e-mail. I also contacted GW and they said Jokinen works for them.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:01 pm

RonimuZ wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:A good question would be: Who is this spokesman (he writes wrongly in Finnish as "tiedoittaja") Jari Jokinen? Who claims to work for GW.
Yes. His writing hasn't been accurate, and his posts haven't been very professional. He's mostly been provoking the board users there.

But, he really works for GW, there's no doubt of that. He uses company e-mail. I also contacted GW and they said Jokinen works for them.
Only I work for Goldenworks at the moment, but many people have had access to the company mail. And it seems have still so I guess I have to change the passwords. Fucking hell guys, go out and get some fresh air or something. And no Im not "seriously sick", I am doing just fine. Where do these people get their infos from? All this garbage media is AGAIN contacting me and I already went through that once. I just answered that if they sometimes want to talk about MUSIC, I would be happy to give an interview.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:06 pm

Thank you Timo, a good advise too what to do. Maybe that Jari Jokinen is just provoking people there and playing his own sick game???

RonimuZ

Post by RonimuZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:20 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
RonimuZ wrote:

Only I work for Goldenworks at the moment, but many people have had access to the company mail. And it seems have still so I guess I have to change the passwords. Fucking hell guys, go out and get some fresh air or something. And no Im not "seriously sick", I am doing just fine. Where do these people get their infos from? All this garbage media is AGAIN contacting me and I already went through that once. I just answered that if they sometimes want to talk about MUSIC, I would be happy to give an interview.
So, announcer Jari Jokinen and manager director Jarmo Petäjä are ex-workers who are taking a revenge on you? Or why are they doing this?

What are you planning to do about them?

And btw, it was MTV3 Viihdeuutiset who reported about you being not well...

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:23 pm

Offtopic:
RonimuZ/Curasarion wrote:Tolkin viestiä heti kommentoinut henkilö ja hänen kaltaisensa huvittavat kyllä... Kieli ruskeana palvotaan artistia. Kuulostaa vähän uskonnolta. Ajattelu ei ole kriittistä, olettaen nyt että sitä edes on. Hitto, mitä järkeä on perustaa joku ihmiskultti muusikon ympärille... Olen kyllä Stratovariuksen ja Tolkin musiikin fani, mutta osaan kyllä ajatella omilla aivoillani myös...
Mahtavaa päästä mukaan imperiumin tohinoihin. Tätä odotinkin. :lol:

RonimuZ

Post by RonimuZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:34 pm

IceBreaker wrote:Offtopic:
RonimuZ/Curasarion wrote:Tolkin viestiä heti kommentoinut henkilö ja hänen kaltaisensa huvittavat kyllä... Kieli ruskeana palvotaan artistia. Kuulostaa vähän uskonnolta. Ajattelu ei ole kriittistä, olettaen nyt että sitä edes on. Hitto, mitä järkeä on perustaa joku ihmiskultti muusikon ympärille... Olen kyllä Stratovariuksen ja Tolkin musiikin fani, mutta osaan kyllä ajatella omilla aivoillani myös...
Mahtavaa päästä mukaan imperiumin tohinoihin. Tätä odotinkin. :lol:
Niin minäkin tätä... Olen kyllä fani, ja erittäin suuri fani mielestäni. Metalli on minulle elämä, ja Stratovarius sen elämän minulle aloitti. Kyse ei olekaan siitä. Kyse on siitä, että tämä asia todellakin tuntuu hämärältä.

Same in English:
I criticized IceBreaker on the other forum, about being too naive.
At this point I'd like to notify you that I'm a very big fan of Stratovarius/Tolkki. Metal is all my life, and I owe it all to Stratovarius. Stratovarius is where this all started for me.

It's just that this thing is far too unclear for me to buy it without choking.

Although I respect Tolkki's works more than I can describe, I'm not going to act like he is a god. He isn't. He's a human being.

I won't fall to fundamentalism here. I have absolutely no reason to believe in any human like some people believe in god(s). I'm a forever sceptic, I will always question everything if I feel like it. Here I do. Everything in this mess smells wrong. The truth here is far from clear to me.

As a fan, I'm interested and also justified to know if there are some kind of plots going on, to mislead fans. You know, both guilty and not guilty plead not guilty in court.

I don't know what's going on, but I'd like to know. And this has nothing to do with the music, I'll still like it.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:41 pm

Yes it´s become very mysterious totally. Way too many questions plus who is right and who isn´t, who is hiding and who isn´t who at all...

But I like to laugh at what you wrote about me. :D

RonimuZ

Post by RonimuZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:51 pm

:D
Well, it looks like you simply buy everything what comes from official sources. I always doubt (bit oversceptic and maybe also paranoidish), but I think that in this case there's really reason for suspicion.

IceBreaker

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:56 pm

RonimuZ wrote::D
Well, it looks like you simply buy everything what comes from official sources. I always doubt (bit oversceptic and maybe also paranoidish), but I think that in this case there's really reason for suspicion.
No I don´t, I doubt this all much. But some fresh air would be good for a while. :roll:

black death

Post by black death » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:44 pm

RonimuZ wrote:"Tolkki reported 12 crimes".
12?? :shock:
I would really like to know what they are...all of them! :?

RonimuZ

Post by RonimuZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:51 pm

black death wrote:
Well, I was bit sloppy translating the text... Jari Jokinen accused 12 people of insults. But apparently those people haven't been officially reported, to the police.

I also participated in the original discussion, but I don't really think it was that bad. Mostly jokes. Humour, sarcasm. In addition to that, mostly suspicions about the theft.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:01 pm

Well. Look at the bright side. All this talk&rumors spread all over the net means more publicity for the album, which will mean more sales. So, it will be alright in the end.

Er, :err: slander is a crime. But, it is also the hardest crime to prove.

black death

Post by black death » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:06 pm

RonimuZ wrote:
black death wrote:
Well, I was bit sloppy translating the text... Jari Jokinen accused 12 people of insults. But apparently those people haven't been officially reported, to the police.
OK, I don't need to know names :D . I thought 12 crimes...like 12 various offences :lol:

RonimuZ

Post by RonimuZ » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:15 pm

black death wrote:
RonimuZ wrote:
black death wrote:
OK, I don't need to know names :D . I thought 12 crimes...like 12 various offences :lol:
Yep, I wasn't clear enough... Jari Jokinen didn't even post any names there btw. But, mr. Tolkki already said that Jari Jokinen is a hoax.

browneyedgirl wrote:Well. Look at the bright side. All this talk&rumors spread all over the net means more publicity for the album, which will mean more sales. So, it will be alright in the end.
That has actually been one of the reasons that have made people believe that mr. Tolkki would have caused the stir by himself.
browneyedgirl wrote:Er, :err: slander is a crime. But, it is also the hardest crime to prove.
Yep... But Finnish law actually goes quite far with celebrities. Artists, scientists, politicians, companies... It's allowed to criticize them, and even suspect such things as there.

There has also been a lot of humoristic posts, for example a movie out of the suspected swindle. I don't think that should be taken seriously, since it hasn't been posted seriously. No one has attacked Tolkki there (at least before the provokations)... I'd say it's overreacting to accuse the people there of slander. It's been more like a talk of a group of friends in a bar... Lots of things said, harsh jokes, maybe even but tasteless ones... But nothing very serious.