It's now official, isn't it.. Stratovarius is no more.

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Stratobanger
Re: It's now official, isn't it.. Stratovarius is no more.

Post by Stratobanger » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:59 pm

RazielSR wrote:Hey people, this happened once and maybe it is not definitive. Maybe we just need to wait. Why they don't talk? Leave the differences behind!
First...denial...

It's really sad indeed, I owe this band as much as the other forum members and well...we'll have to cope with this...

We'll always have the memories, the songs, the beautiful music made by these guys.

Rock on Stratovarius

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Dude when your as big a stratovarius is very hard to stay humble for a LOT of people, even if you try your best. Now TT and Jens I always felt were humble but Jorg and TK on the other hand...

Also whats wrong with looking for members from within your fan base, that actually pretty good thinking on Timo's part. Cuz you know they LOVE the music, if they are on the forum you know they at least somewhat care about the people in the band. But most of all you know that these are the peolpe you inspired with your music, they play music becoause of you. It would be very refreshing to have a person like this in the band. I would have sent timo mail(im a keyboardist) If I didnt feel so in awe by the music he has made. I listen to stratovarius and go wow to work with this guy and make music with him? me? I can play any stratovarius song but thats just regurgitating whats already made. Plus I want jens to be the keyboardist :P

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:15 pm

So sad to see Strato go, but carry on. If it´s have to stop, then it´s have to, so simple.

Still I would like to to thank all Stratomembers, specially TT for the wonderful music and great moments I have experienced. As my favourite band.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:41 pm

exe knight wrote:This is kind of shocking, though I managed, mostly because of RR, Kiske, and the somethinlikeafact that I think I have lost my emotions...

But whatever, now I lost some respect towards TK and especially JM for not wanting to make the final show :x That thing would have been super cool!

(I was listening only to strato songs while reading and writing this.)

But yeah, TT, Just carry on, fullfill your dreams.
Please dont blame them. It is not an easy thing to accept and they need time and sometimes you just cannot accept certain things but life must go on nevertheless. You all can be sure that I would not do anything like this if I would not be absolutely 100% sure it is the right decision. Disrespecting fans would be to continue under "Stratovarius" name with new musicians. That would be really really lame. I have no ill will to any of the guys, but my path is clear and unfortunately it does not include Stratovarius.
You will also need time to understand this, believe me, I am not blind to that and I understand if people get angry. But I have made up my mind and I have also never said it is just the "fault" of TK or Jörg. It is a very complicated thing sometimes. It is not black and white.

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:46 pm

TimoTolkki in another thred wrote:I am sorry, but it is not possible to say more in this moment.
You will understand everything later.
Well, maybe I'm too stupid :? , but why wasn't it possible to say something earlier?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:46 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
exe knight wrote:This is kind of shocking, though I managed, mostly because of RR, Kiske, and the somethinlikeafact that I think I have lost my emotions...

But whatever, now I lost some respect towards TK and especially JM for not wanting to make the final show :x That thing would have been super cool!

(I was listening only to strato songs while reading and writing this.)

But yeah, TT, Just carry on, fullfill your dreams.
Please dont blame them. It is not an easy thing to accept and they need time and sometimes you just cannot accept certain things but life must go on nevertheless. You all can be sure that I would not do anything like this if I would not be absolutely 100% sure it is the right decision. Disrespecting fans would be to continue under "Stratovarius" name with new musicians. That would be really really lame. I have no ill will to any of the guys, but my path is clear and unfortunately it does not include Stratovarius.
You will also need time to understand this, believe me, I am not blind to that and I understand if people get angry. But I have made up my mind and I have also never said it is just the "fault" of TK or Jörg. It is a very complicated thing sometimes. It is not black and white.
Hey Tolkki, but please, can you tell us something more about RR? We don't understand so many things!

If kiske made 5 songs? Who is the voice for the rest?
And if you are looking for more people, what about the people working in the album?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:47 pm

Does anyone know if there is or will be a Revolution Renaissance webpage?
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 pm

RazielSR wrote:Yes, now it's official.

Now I understand so many things. Many people is/was always arguing against Tolkki, but now I think it's clear. The truth (at least for me) is that Kotipelto wanted too much prominence. That's all. He wanted to write songs for Stratovarius and Tolkki said no. I understand Tolkki, and I think all the metal people must understand Tolkki, because Kotipelto hasn't got enough talent to write music. It's my opinion when I listen to Kotipelto's band.

And I have read soooooo many interviews about the breakdown era, and we had always Kotipelto and Jörg saying stupid things and insults to Elements and Tolkki. Meanwhile Tolkki was recovering in the hospital, and there are interviews saying that Kotipelto didn't visit Tolkki at the hospital. For me that says it all.

Maybe Kotipelto and Jörg didn't understand that the concept, the music, the soul and the style of Stratovarius was Tolkki.

You can replace a singer, you can replace a drummer, a bassist and keyboardist, but you can't replace the main creator, who makes everything and can take out the best of each one in the band.

I think Tolkki explains it all in the official announce. I don't know Tolkki ( I wish to know him), but I can tell that he is a very very very good person, maybe too much. He has the talent in his head, and whatever they do, is gonna kick ass.

He has done the most wonderful, amazing and beautiful (I think beautiful is the correct word) songs that I have never heard. Even my girlfriend, who was always saying that metal and all that kind of electric guitars sux a lot, now its just a crazy fan of Stratovarius today, and maybe she is crying right now.

Just see the beginning of Stratovarius, when the old Stratovarius was over, see Tolkki up there singing Out of the shadows and creating what the pople has seen all this 20 years. Think about it.

Tolkki you'll always have my respect and I will always follow your projects.

The rest of the band, just to tell that they have been all very good talented musicians and Kotipelto is for me, the best voice in metal, but not now. Now it's a bonjovist/numetal strange fusion. If they are alone, it's not the same, sorry but it's my opinion.

Just to tell you, please... DON'T LET GOOD METAL DIE. I'm waiting that new RR band and I'm waiting to see you smiling and enjoying that songs in a gig. Don't forget Jens, he is the best and he has been always with you.

And Tolkki, what about a new website for the new band? Hey, you need to move quickly now! We want to see new things! And new album on 6.6.08!!

And hey, are you looking for new members? But do you think it's serious to look for new members like this? Don't you think it's better to contact with talented people as you know? I mean, you have Jens and Lauri at least. You can't lose Jens!

Please Tolkki say something.
I can't see it this way. Tolkki was always my favourite artist and my favourite member of the band. Stratovarius was always Tolkki for me. I love Hymn To Life record. It is a paradox, but now after this I feel not that "100% Tolkki" anymore. To me, the announcement is very one-sided. I would like to read anything from TK and Jörg. Although I don't believe in open statements from them to come.

Oh, it's such an awful day. The END was the first thing a read today. I didn't expect anything like this. So sad, so sad...

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 pm

RazielSR wrote:Hey Tolkki, but please, can you tell us something more about RR?
http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/20 ... s_revealed

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 pm

black death wrote:
RazielSR wrote:Hey Tolkki, but please, can you tell us something more about RR?
http://www.metalfromfinland.com/news/20 ... s_revealed
But this doesn't answer all my questions! And we have a lot more.
Well, we must wait, but he is here and...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:19 pm

Plisken wrote:Dude when your as big a stratovarius is very hard to stay humble for a LOT of people, even if you try your best. Now TT and Jens I always felt were humble but Jorg and TK on the other hand...

Do you KNOW TK and Jorg? :roll:

Lets DO NOT play this "taking sides/blame game" BS, please. Its not productive.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:33 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Plisken wrote:Dude when your as big a stratovarius is very hard to stay humble for a LOT of people, even if you try your best. Now TT and Jens I always felt were humble but Jorg and TK on the other hand...

Do you KNOW TK and Jorg? :roll:

Lets DO NOT play this "taking sides/blame game" BS, please. Its not productive.
Nope I said it was a feeling so thats just my opinion. Im not taking anyones side and there is no blame going around. I did not say oh yah its Jorg and TK's fault all there fault end of story kk thanks!

StratoÄijä

Post by StratoÄijä » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:40 pm

There is much to say.. Don't know where to start from.

Well at first I must say to all band members: Thank you for making awesome power metal and being the first band I have ever really listened to. You all (especially Jens as I am a keyboard player) have been my greatest idols for these years and you still are. I'll definetely keep following your new bands and solo projects etc.

I started listening to Stratovarius a few years ago. I think that the first song I heard was Hunting High and Low. After listening the song, I just had to get more music from Stratovarius. I bought some albums and I liked them really much. The music of Stratovarius is also one of the reasons why I started playing keys. That is also one thing that I have to thank you guys from: for being the biggest influence in my playing and in the music which I myself compose. I saw your gig in Tuska Open Air las summer. It was awesome I must say! That was one of the best live gigs I have been in. I remembered almost all of the lyrics and "sang" with my friends. It was great gig!

Of course I am sad for this thing, but I guess that when things in a band get to a certain point like in Stratovarius in past few years, it is better for all band members to go their own ways. All good things must some day come to an end and this is the end of Stratovarius, my favourite band of all time. The band has given me so much good memories even though I have been listening it for just few years. But one thing is sure. I will not forget Stratovarius!
Winter - The realm of eternal ice
Snowfall and darkness descends upon the vales of time
Distant caress of the sun's fading light
The lands were painted white with the Winter's might

Leo

Post by Leo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:41 pm

This is just so sad. Last time Strato "broke up", I didn't really belive it. But this time...Wish it could be a way back..
Strato was the first metal band I listened to, and the first band I really liked. I can still remeber when my brother came home with the Infinit album, in 2000. And I loved it immediately,,

To bad I never got a chance to see them live. Since I was a litte kid I wanted to see them live. But now I, most likely, never will get that chance.
And even though I might can get the chance to see Kotipelto, and tolkki's new RR band, it just won't be the same again. If I ever will see them, I would just think about how sad it is that strato is no longer..
Cause it was a very big part of my life....
But I have still got all their albums, hopefully they will make me feel a little better..

Really gonna miss everyone in the band, everyone of the guy's had somthing I really liked, and I could always look forward to a new strato album. Just hope we can hear anything form Kotipelto and Jorg, because I am still big fan of them, TK is one of the best vocalist in my opinion...

Bye Strato.... :(

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:58 pm

Maybe we must just wait. Who knows? Maybe in some months or one or two years, they'll realize and come back to Stratovarius.

That's so unfair. There's nothing we(the fans) can do?

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:16 pm

RazielSR wrote: That's so unfair. There's nothing we(the fans) can do?
Yes, there is... respect their decisions :)
And support them on whatever they want to do for the near future... surely we'll still have the music of the members who want to go on with their own projects... RR is an example of that.

No reason to let the music die because the band as we know can't go on...
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:20 pm

Thinking about a Strato comeback is just wasting time and thoughts. You just should understand the situation and their decisions. And of course give support to their future. :)

Btw @Criss: 666th post. :twisted:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:22 pm

IceBreaker wrote:Thinking about a Strato comeback is just wasting time and thoughts. You just should understand the situation and their decisions. And of course give support to their future. :)

Btw @Criss: 666th post. :twisted:
Back with style dear! :wink: :D
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:52 pm

RazielSR wrote:And I don't understand many things about RR.

Kiske is the voice for 5 songs? isn't it? And the rest?

Who made the keyboards?
Who is to say that there will be any keyboards? :P

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:14 am

:x :x :x :x :x No keyboards??? What, what, what? Only TT. You must be joking :lol: :lol: :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:27 am

I can't see tolkki making music and leaving apart the keyboards o___O

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:32 am

black death wrote:
TimoTolkki in another thred wrote:I am sorry, but it is not possible to say more in this moment.
Well, maybe I'm too stupid :? , but why wasn't it possible to say something earlier?
Most probably legal issues. It was absolutely understandable I think.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:42 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
black death wrote:
Most probably legal issues. It was absolutely understandable I think.

I was legal issues he said that in the letter! you got to read it carefully if you missed it.

dirge

Post by dirge » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:04 am

RR will be live then... I wonder and hope if we will get to hear some of Tolkkis solo project songs live then! Divine and Hymn To Life would be absolutely sublime live!!! 8)