Michael Jörg saying Stratovarius split it's not true

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: Michael Jörg saying Stratovarius split it's not true

Post by RazielSR » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:02 am

Plisken wrote: It seems like you dont get Timo's reasoning so I will try and compare it with another band.
I get Timo's reasoning from the very begining.
Plisken wrote: Now you accused Timo somewhere on the forum that he did the new band for money.
That's not true.

Anyway, I'm not going to say anything more about all this.
I know they will return someday.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Joker

Post by Joker » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:34 am

Anyway, I'm not going to say anything more about all this.
I know they will return someday.
Come on man, you're being foolish.
Everything has its time to end, so now instead of 5 unhappy musicians in stratovarius we'll have 5 happy musicians with their own projects- and its going to show in the quality of their work.

Look what happened with Angra. 3 members left and started Shaaman who released 2 awesome albums. The other 2 members stayed with Angra and kept releasing good albums. Had you asked me in 1999 if I want Angra to split, I would have said NO! But looking back, it was the best move for everyone.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:02 pm

I'm curious Timo though, about the issue of soul vs. style, because I think that your latest album lost more style than soul. I think songs like "Gottermadarung", "Back to Madness" and "Fight!!!" had a lot of soul to them, and had that emotional precision that is frequent with your music, however, it wasn't the Stratovarius style. I thought that your performance of "Last Night On Earth" was exceptional, as well as the entire setlist with the exception of "Against the Wind", which I thought TK did a poor job of representing himself and his voice from the album. So was it that the band had lost interest, or the band had just run out of ideas?

black death

Post by black death » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:56 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:but I did expect somekind of an answer to a mail where you break the band up
I would expect that if someone wants to break a band up, he says it to the others face-to-face, or at least by a phone call... :?

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:55 pm

black death wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:but I did expect somekind of an answer to a mail where you break the band up
I would expect that if someone wants to break a band up, he says it to the others face-to-face, or at least by a phone call... :?
Sure you would. But you have no idea how multifaceted and complicated the problems are and that sure, it is easier to call and say: "you are fired".
Better way is to explain the situation nicely and politely and then have the conversation.
But the key issue is not here about how it was done, but that it is hard for people to let go from a band they love. Yet, it is common and Stratovarius had a very long career, much longer than average bands. I was in it 24 years. And once again I would like to say that I go through the same feelings than any Strato fan, I am also very sad about all this. But as sure it is that our lifes are limited so is sure that nothing lasts forever.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:14 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
black death wrote:
Sure you would. But you have no idea how multifaceted and complicated the problems are and that sure, it is easier to call and say: "you are fired".
Better way is to explain the situation nicely and politely and then have the conversation.
But the key issue is not here about how it was done, but that it is hard for people to let go from a band they love. Yet, it is common and Stratovarius had a very long career, much longer than average bands. I was in it 24 years. And once again I would like to say that I go through the same feelings than any Strato fan, I am also very sad about all this. But as sure it is that our lifes are limited so is sure that nothing lasts forever.
Hey Folks, nobody (and also not Timo Tolkki) has to explain here or justify himself for the end of Stratovarius. Everything was said. I was/am a fan of this band for more than 10 years now, but we simply have to accept how it is. One day thing's are over, and we should not try to force something that simply doesn't make sense. Closing the band seems the only reasonable solution to me.

black death

Post by black death » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:09 pm

stratohawk wrote:Hey Folks, nobody (and also not Timo Tolkki) has to explain here or justify himself for the end of Stratovarius.
No, of course not. Am I saying that anybody has to?
stratohawk wrote:Everything was said.
:?
TimoTolkki wrote:it is easier to call and say: "you are fired".
No, it's not easier. Much easier is to write an e-mail, because when you're writing an e-mail, you don't give an opportunity to the other person to react to what you're saying directly...at the moment you're saying it. Maybe it's better way, maybe worse, I don't know, but definitely it's not easier.

I think if I received an e-mail about being fired (however kind and polite the mail would be), I wouldn't answer to it as well. If not for other reason, at least because I would expect that you'll comment it a little bit more later face to face.

But Timo, please, don't take it as I'm blaming you of something. No. I just felt from your announcement you were a bit surprised that you didn't receive an answer to the breaking-up email. I wouldn't answer you as well.

Anyway, good luck with RR. It has a huge potential if you'll build it up on good foundations - e.i. the band members, not featuring guests.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:40 am

Okay, Raziel, here's what you should keep in mind about the band: they are humans just like us. They couldn't continue, and I think it's much better to have no more Stratovarius records then ones that are not up to the standards. I myself felt that Elements Part II and especially the Stratovarius albums were nothing new and great compared to previous StratoRecords. Compared to other bands they good, but not to StratoStandards. And especially if they are not feeling playing that good anymore, then why stress them do so? I'm pretty sure that all of them will be able to find or create new bands that suits their style of play and we will get is new songs to listen to, that are still connected to Stratovarius but are different in many ways. This is art and this is art, and that's the beauty in all what we got.

It might be hard for you and for your girlfriend to let Stratovarius to go, but have you ever considered how much difficult it must had been for the StratoGuys? Think about it, please.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:16 pm

It's been a while i posted over here,but i just want to say i fully respect the step of TimoT,it's better for him to to go his own way.And more important as a team with some great musicians.
One thing i have a huge Strato-tattoo on my arm,pay for the laser treatment Timo :lol:

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:59 pm

stratowerner wrote:It's been a while i posted over here,but i just want to say i fully respect the step of TimoT,it's better for him to to go his own way.And more important as a team with some great musicians.
One thing i have a huge Strato-tattoo on my arm,pay for the laser treatment Timo :lol:
Why removing it? 8) I see no need for that.

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:16 pm

stratohawk wrote:
stratowerner wrote:It's been a while i posted over here,but i just want to say i fully respect the step of TimoT,it's better for him to to go his own way.And more important as a team with some great musicians.
especially when you see RR's logo is still fleur-de-lis :lol:
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

black death

Post by black death » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:11 pm

stratohawk wrote:
Right, no need to remove it. I'm also keeping my golden Strato-lily necklace 8)

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:38 pm

kröhöm.... I'm preordering "the Story of Stratovarius"-book already now.. releaseday in the year 2020 perhaps? :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:15 am

a_Sniper wrote:kröhöm.... I'm preordering "the Story of Stratovarius"-book already now.. releaseday in the year 2020 perhaps? :)
Maybe 2012. :D

And, I have 2 Stratovarius T-Shirts that I will continue to proudly wear!

No need to remove the tattoo, its still beautiful&serves to fuel memories of a great band&good music connected to it!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:08 am

i will have that tattoo for the rest of my life,i'm proud to have it! :wink:

Stratosfear

Post by Stratosfear » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:42 pm

Kotipelto spoke to Finnish MTV3 in mid-January. He was quite silent about Stratovarius and only comment was like that band might not do anything this year and reason is record company [Universal/Sanctuary].

dirge

Post by dirge » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:59 pm

I also have two stratovarius tattoo's, I will be proud of them forever!

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:16 am

Stratosfear wrote:Kotipelto spoke to Finnish MTV3 in mid-January. He was quite silent about Stratovarius and only comment was like that band might not do anything this year and reason is record company [Universal/Sanctuary].
He of course knew at that point but could not say anything due to the legal case going on behind the curtains.

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:34 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Stratosfear wrote:Kotipelto spoke to Finnish MTV3 in mid-January. He was quite silent about Stratovarius and only comment was like that band might not do anything this year and reason is record company [Universal/Sanctuary].
He of course knew at that point but could not say anything due to the legal case going on behind the curtains.
But why Porra said to me and IceBreaker that Stratovarius is going to maid gigs in Finland at this summer and he said that in his gig in Kouvola at 25th of January!!! So he Knew then that Stratovarius has knew that band is split... But why he said so? And he knew that we are going to ask this thing at future when we meet him :wink:
PS: Tolkki don't be mad to me, but Kai Hansen is better singer than Michael Kiske is :wink: And I like Gamma Ray much more than Helloween :P :D

PS: You are best Songwriter and composer in the whole wide world but this your decision was wron about split the best band in the worl and I mean Stratovarius 8)

-TimoT-
Meikä Ankka

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:51 am

But why Porra said to me and IceBreaker that Stratovarius is going to maid gigs in Finland at this summer and he said that in his gig in Kouvola at 25th of January!!! So he Knew then that Stratovarius has knew that band is split... But why he said so?

Legal reasons. Your probably asked and he said something. He also hasnt accepted the split totally and might have harboured some hope still.
My proposal for the farewell tour included the original line up, so with Jari Kainulainen and not Lauri btw.

PS: Tolkki don't be mad to me, but Kai Hansen is better singer than Michael Kiske is :wink: And I like Gamma Ray much more than Helloween :P :D
Well everybody is entitled to their ..erm....opinion
but this your decision was wron about split the best band in the worl and I mean Stratovarius 8)
Nope. It was the right decision for me and I do think I know better what is best for me than anybody else.

black death

Post by black death » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:00 am

TimoTolkki wrote:My proposal for the farewell tour included the original line up, so with Jari Kainulainen and not Lauri btw.
Yeaaaaaaaaaah. That would be awesome.

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:47 am

Why not thinking about doing some tour with both Jari & Lauri, that would be much more exciting. :)
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

Summpi sika

Post by Summpi sika » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:42 am

Tolkki. I don't mean to be vicious and this might be a hard question, but I just wanted to know. Did Jari leave the band cause he wanted to or did you fire him of some reason (don't need to tell that if u did it)?
I'm hunting high and low

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Jari was fired? ??? I thought he QUIT so he could have more time with his family. ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

black death

Post by black death » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:08 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Jari was fired? ??? I thought he QUIT so he could have more time with his family. ???
I don't know the facts about Jari, only the band knows. BUT this is common excuse for firing anyone.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:05 am

Summpi sika wrote:Tolkki. I don't mean to be vicious and this might be a hard question, but I just wanted to know. Did Jari leave the band cause he wanted to or did you fire him of some reason (don't need to tell that if u did it)?
Jari was fired on 7.7.2005 due to impossible requests regarding bringing his girlfriend to tourbus for the whole tour and that she was also always around, even sitting next to him while he was recording his bass. He requested that his girlfriend has to have permission to come to the listening party, where the musicians job is to entertain and talk with the journalists.Nobody else brought their wifes/girlfriends but he insisted "or he leaves the band". At that point I decided to fire him. There are other reasons too, hockey games being more important than recording bass in the studio..so yeah, he was fired. The official reason was the "typical press thing"

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:42 am

Well, a man needs those 2 things.

A woman.
And sports.

I don't blame 'im.

But it's funny. :D :lol:

. . . Somehow . . .
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 am

Seems Stratovarius was something like Latin kind of show last couple years... :lol:
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:31 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
but this your decision was wron about split the best band in the worl and I mean Stratovarius 8)
Nope. It was the right decision for me and I do think I know better what is best for me than anybody else.
I wonder why people are still questioning this. :roll:

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Equinox wrote:Well, a man needs those 2 things.

A woman.
And sports.

I don't blame 'im.

But it's funny. :D :lol:

. . . Somehow . . .
You forgot the BEER.
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!