Michael Jörg saying Stratovarius split it's not true

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Michael Jörg saying Stratovarius split it's not true

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:28 pm

http://www.themetalcircus.com/index2.php
De todos modos, hemos contactado con el batería de la banda, Jörg Michael, mientras esperamos respuestas de Timo Tolkki y Timo Kotipelto al respecto. La respuesta del batería ha sido que “no puedo hablar sobre la separación de STRATOVARIUS porque STRATOVARIUS no se han separado. Siento toda la confusión”.
¿Habrá vuelto Timo Tolkki a tener una crisis mental como la de hace unos años?
Translation (more or less)
Anyway, we have contacted with drummer, Jörg Michael, while we wait for Tolkki and Kotipelto's answers about the matter. Jörg said " I cannot speak about STRATOVARIUS's split because there's no STRATOVARIUS split."
Is Tolkki suffering a mental crisis again as a few years ago?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Plisken

Re: Michael Jörg saying Stratovarius split it's not true

Post by Plisken » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:38 pm

hmmm sounds like someone doesnt want stratovarius to split. But are you sure this is a reliable source? not some tabloid,etc?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Plisken wrote:hmmm sounds like someone doesnt want stratovarius to split. But are you sure this is a reliable source? not some tabloid,etc?
It is as reliable as all other sources we used to see all the things we have seen these days: RR issue, etc, etc
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 pm

I have heard that they will get back together in a month. Its just another publicity stunt. :evil:

StragOvariuS

Post by StragOvariuS » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:27 am

AH MA FUCKING odin? :roll:

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:06 am

RazielSR wrote:
Plisken wrote:hmmm sounds like someone doesnt want stratovarius to split. But are you sure this is a reliable source? not some tabloid,etc?
It is as reliable as all other sources we used to see all the things we have seen these days: RR issue, etc, etc
I don't trust to this... and either Tolkki, before this news is on Stratovarius homepage! I think that this is April fool... I mean that what Tolkki put to his own page about Stratovarius "split" ... :roll:
Meikä Ankka

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:33 am

StratoTimo wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
I don't trust to this... and either Tolkki, before this news is on Stratovarius homepage! I think that this is April fool... I mean that what Tolkki put to his own page about Stratovarius "split" ... :roll:

If its an April fools then its the biggest, longest most planned out April fools of all time. And it would start at the Soundi interview. And would get Michael Kiske involved to write on his website its confirmed that he did the recordings, etc.

So very unlikely its an April Fools. But if it is then its going down in the genus book of world records for sure.

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:41 am

Plisken wrote:
StratoTimo wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

If its an April fools then its the biggest, longest most planned out April fools of all time. And it would start at the Soundi interview. And would get Michael Kiske involved to write on his website its confirmed that he did the recordings, etc.

So very unlikely its an April Fools. But if it is then its going down in the genus book of world records for sure.
I guess (And I want to be right) that Kiske and Mirka and Pasi Rantanen are just guests on this cd :roll:
And when the whole band say something about this, I don't believe this "news" :oops:
Meikä Ankka

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:36 am

I trust Jorg over Timo Tolkki on this matter.

Last time the band split, Timo Tolkki came on the website and openly insulted Timo Kotipelto like a sixth grader (Sorry Timo, but it sounds like "In Your Face" by Children of Bodom when I read all the stuff you posted about Kotipelto, on a side note, I seriously hope Bodom was intentionally sounding immature in "In your Face"). I also don't get how you could go from October to April without SEEING your bandmates, and waiting that long to decide that because they didn't respond to an e-mail, you were breaking up the band.

Summpi sika

Post by Summpi sika » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:02 am

What a big mess we've got. I'm kinda confused. I think It's better for me to make a suicide. Dunno know anything at all...???
I'm hunting high and low

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:31 am

That is a big lie if he said that. Of course there is split. Think about all this rationally. www.frontiers.it (frontiers records) has sent a worldwide official press statement regarding the split and is the record company that will release Revolution Renaissance: New Era album on 6.6.2008
That's pretty cruel way if he really said so. I will be doing interviews together with the release of RR and of course talk about.
But you must understand this: Stratovarius is no more. And I am the one who owns the rights to the name and to the band and I have basically fired everyone including myself last October already. Legal reasons have prevented any info but I just could not wait anymore.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 am

Yah im pretty sure thats not a reliable source. Jorg wouldn't say something like that. It just some tabloid trying to get some attention from Timo's/stratovarius's situation.

As much as we all wish it wasn't true, stratovarius is gone, You ether embrace RR with open arms or wish it luck and say goodbye. Since RR is replacing stratovarius im expecting them to sound like stratovarius. And Timo said the album is like from the visions days! and I loved those days a lot! so im sure RR will be awesome and Timo wont let us down with making great music. Would be awesome if New Era had a song like Stratosphere and Holy Light.

When it comes to stuff like this usually It takes me a day or 2 tops to get over something, whats done is done. If you guys have ever been in a band then you know what its like when 1 or more people dont get along. You cant make good music, there's no inspiration, no corporation, and shitty gigs where people are getting the timing wrong.

You guys already got to hear a song from the new album, I dont know about you guys but Last Night On Earth was AWESOME! now i dont know if I would say its like the visions era, more the elements part 1 and that album kicked ass! one of stratovarius best for sure!

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:07 am

Rebel wrote:I trust Jorg over Timo Tolkki on this matter.

Last time the band split, Timo Tolkki came on the website and openly insulted Timo Kotipelto like a sixth grader (Sorry Timo, but it sounds like "In Your Face" by Children of Bodom when I read all the stuff you posted about Kotipelto, on a side note, I seriously hope Bodom was intentionally sounding immature in "In your Face"). I also don't get how you could go from October to April without SEEING your bandmates, and waiting that long to decide that because they didn't respond to an e-mail, you were breaking up the band.
Are you blind or what, Timo is breaking up the band, man, you are crazy.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:57 am

Well, I think talking about "reliable sources" it's a mess because even the band is not a reliable source.

Jut follow everything has happened. Tolkki was blaming Frontiers records saying for example:
I signed the contract with Frontiers in good faith . I had and have a very strong belief that Saana is the most important work that I have ever done. I went into the composing process with free hands, like I always do. I cannot write music if somebody is trying to impose restrictions to it. This is what has happened all the time during the last 4 months. It has been one constant fight about everything possible from graphic designs to the music. It is very difficult to work under those kind of circumstances and I have always had the principle that nobody tells me what to do regarding my art. Now I believe that this principle has been under constant and systematic attack from Frontiers Records.

Then we have the peace with frontiers etc etc...

I feel like:

Today = Frontier it's a "shit" and they are problematic.
Tomorrow = Frontiers rolz.

The same with everything. It's all very confusing. And It hurts. I'm feeling like a puppet today. Just have a look at rockumentary 2005 in youtube and have a look at these days.

THE BAND KNOWS EVERYTHING SINCE OCTOBER AND THE FANS WERE HERE ENJOYING AND TRYING TO DISCOVER THE NEW STRATOVARIUS ALBUM.

There's no legal issue for this, there's pain. Just pain. Pain against the fans. You can't do it like this. I feel pain today. I feel I have been tricked.
You lie, you have been lying all this time. How can you do it like this? How can you see a forum and thousands of people talking about new Stratovarius album, visions style while you know the band is completely broken?

It's the same as 2004 again. It's the same for me.
You make songs against bad things in life, you make songs talking about peace, talking about good feelings, but I can't see it in this actions.

You are the best for me, but hey, I feel disappointed. And it's not the same now.

If you want to do whatever you want to do with your band, do it. It's your band. But you must think about this...Do you think it's fair to say it like this? "This is my band and I am the one who owns the rights to the name and to the band..."

Yes, it's true. But you mustn'nt say it like this Tolkki. Think about millions of fans you have had all this years following Stratovarius, buying merchandise,suffering a lot just to see you, making Stratovarius. And now tell them:

I am the one who owns the rights to the name and to the band and you must understand: Stratovarius is no more. And dou you know why? Because we aren't really good friends, we were up there just pretending to seem good friends. We were always arguing and Kotipelto wants to make songs I don't like at all and Jórg was always blaming againts Kotipelto and Kotipelto against Jörg.

You or any of the band members can have all the reasons you wanna have, but that's not fair.

All of your problems are like child problems.

And now you are gonna to demand the same attention to your new band, because It's YOUR band. That sounds really bad.

The art that you create is stronger than the difficulties you may have. That's what I think, the problem it's that you don't believe in this.

And Stratovarius has not soul now??

Stratovarius has soul, but you and band members have lost the ability to see it. You can recover the ability, but you don't want to do it.

I know you will return with Stratovarius. Tell me "no", one thousand times if you want, but I know you will return.

Anyway I made a petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/030366/petition.html

That I know maybe you are laughing a lot with it, and with the name of the petition (030366) and thinking I may be a dork or something but I'm gonna follow with it. You can ignore it, it doesn't matter for me. I'm feeling ignored since October, but I didn't realized.

Carcass

Post by Carcass » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:06 pm

RazielSR wrote:All of your problems are like child problems.
I'm not even going to point out the irony......

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Carcass wrote:
Innit! :lol:

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Does RazielSR want to be banned? :roll:
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:31 pm

IceBreaker wrote:Does RazielSR want to be banned? :roll:
Can you tell me WHY? What's wrong with my post?

CottonCandy

Post by CottonCandy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:31 pm

RazielSR wrote:
IceBreaker wrote:Does RazielSR want to be banned? :roll:
Can you tell me WHY? What's wrong with my post?
You told the truth. And watch out for Carcass. :D
http://www.sarini.net/archives/000271.html

I chose CottonCandy as my nick 'cause I'm sweet, soft, and pink!

Being "in the know" is not necessarily a good thing. ;)

Demir

Post by Demir » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:34 pm

RazielSR wrote: Jut follow everything has happened. Tolkki was blaming Frontiers records saying for example:
You're right, something is very strange about this whole thing

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:49 am

Carcass wrote:
Why not, since you obviously know so much about it! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Demir

Post by Demir » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:29 am

TimoTolkki wrote: Think about all this rationally. www.frontiers.it (frontiers records) has sent a worldwide official press statement regarding the split and is the record company that will release Revolution Renaissance: New Era album on 6.6.2008
Frontiers sais they would release Saana in january. Then Frontiers sais they would not release Saana. Then they again were going to release Saana on March 16. Then Tolkki was going to release Saana himself. ALL OFFICIALL RELEASES.

Frontiers press releses are sure official bu thne they can become not official the next day. :lol:

That's how it is when thinking Rationally. Fronters, Revolution Renaissance, maybe, maybe not

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:38 am

Demir wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote: Think about all this rationally. www.frontiers.it (frontiers records) has sent a worldwide official press statement regarding the split and is the record company that will release Revolution Renaissance: New Era album on 6.6.2008
Frontiers sais they would release Saana in january. Then Frontiers sais they would not release Saana. Then they again were going to release Saana on March 16. Then Tolkki was going to release Saana himself. ALL OFFICIALL RELEASES.

Frontiers press releses are sure official bu thne they can become not official the next day. :lol:

That's how it is when thinking Rationally. Fronters, Revolution Renaissance, maybe, maybe not
huh i barely understood what you were trying to say.
You Saying that Frontier Records is unreliable for official press? No they are as reliable as an other record label(every major record company that is). What happened with Timo and Frontier Records happens a lot in the music industry.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:07 pm

:evil: Polish your Angelwings and your Halo Mr Tolkki :?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Demir wrote:

Nothing more to say. Demir is completely right.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Rebel wrote:I trust Jorg over Timo Tolkki on this matter.

No you misunderstand, I broke up the band already in October. I wasnt waiting for them, but I did expect somekind of an answer to a mail where you break the band up. Once again please read my statement and try not to twist my words. I thought about this well over a year. No reason to dig up the past either. Life goes on and the MUSIC of Strato lives on too plus you will probably see us in our bands separately. Just try to get over it.
It's a loss what I feel too. Don't think it's easy for me. But you have to follow your heart.
The Saana stuff with Frontiers was just typical music business bullshit. And that was a complete war. But we settled. And RR stuff has nothing to wo with that. Im signed and commited to them for 3 albums and I will find a new fresh line up and make a new band and a new album relatively quickly. "New Era" album is sort of a booster for RR, a launch. It is a Power Metal album with guests yes, but it is my music and it shows the direction this band will have. I was crying hearing Michael Kiske's voice in those 5 songs he sang. It sounds so good.
And about the "line up search criticism", it is not unusual to ask for people to send stuff. Nightwish did it. I found TK that way by putting an ad to a music paper. ANd I also want to give a chance also to some unknown talented musicians to be part of this.
What you must understand that Stratovarius is no more. My reasons you have read and those are the reasons for me to break up the band. The other guys wanted to continue, so when they eventually say something (if they do), then I will not start commenting that or start anykind of flamewar because I am happy and I know I did the right decision for myself and my future. It is a few like when Hansen left Helloween at its peak and everybody said he is crazy, but he wasnt. He just felt bad in that environment of arguing and egos. Its always complicated. But your life will go on. That is for sure. Peace, timo

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:00 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:The other guys wanted to continue
Let me ask you how do you know they wanted to continue if you didn't receive any answer.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:49 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Let me ask you how do you know they wanted to continue if you didn't receive any answer.
Because I have been in touch with them after that. And once again if you read my statement, it says that I was in touch with Lauri and Jens. It's also not out of a morbid pleasure that I spend time here explaining myself to you guys. I dont normally do that and I do think that the statement is very clear and honest. I do this because I know that it is a big thing for you guys and difficult.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:18 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Because I have been in touch with them after that. And once again if you read my statement, it says that I was in touch with Lauri and Jens. It's also not out of a morbid pleasure that I spend time here explaining myself to you guys. I dont normally do that and I do think that the statement is very clear and honest. I do this because I know that it is a big thing for you guys and difficult.
In your statement you said just Jens told you to understand your decision. I mean, Jens doesnt want to continue, or...well maybe he wanted to continue but at least he is out by understanding your decision. About Lauri, it's true, you said that in your statement. But what about Jörg and Kotipelto?

Well, it doesn't matter. It's so hard for me and my girlfriend and for all the fans.
And there are a few incoherences in your statement. But I'm not gonna fight a lost battle. You have lost the battle with Stratovarius and we, the fans, are the casualties, not you, because you feel very happy with your new projects and I feel very bad, many fans are feeling really bad. I think this was not necessary, but that's just my opinion.

You are crying listening your new songs with Kiske, and I'm crying thinking Stratovarius playing that songs live.

That's the difference.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:27 pm

RazielSR wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
In your statement you said just Jens told you to understand your decision. I mean, Jens doesnt want to continue, or...well maybe he wanted to continue but at least he is out by understanding your decision. About Lauri, it's true, you said that in your statement. But what about Jörg and Kotipelto?

Well, it doesn't matter. It's so hard for me and my girlfriend and for all the fans.
And there are a few incoherences in your statement. But I'm not gonna fight a lost battle. You have lost the battle with Stratovarius and we, the fans, are the casualties, not you, because you feel very happy with your new projects and I feel very bad, many fans are feeling really bad. I think this was not necessary, but that's just my opinion.

You are crying listening your new songs with Kiske, and I'm crying thinking Stratovarius playing that songs live.

That's the difference.
wow man you are taking this way to much to heart, you DO know that this was going to happen one day right? You do know that Timo, Jens, Kotipelto, Lauri, and Jorg arnt Immortal gods that have lived forever making music.

It seems like you dont get Timo's reasoning so I will try and compare it with another band. Now Timo correct me if I am with this example or if I took your words the wrong way. Now Timo could have made the new album with Stratovarius and it probably would have been great(at least better then the last one). But lets look at Metallica, if anyone has ever seen there DVD some kind of monster then you know metallica had so many problems it was ridiculous. They probably should have broken of after the load and reload albums but they didnt and guess what happened? Well first after reload they COULDN'T make music together so they made the garage inc album a 2 disk cover album, then a few years after that they made the Shittest album of all time St. Anger. An Album even they dont like. Now metallica are still in it mostly for the money but im sure they still have fun playing live. Do you want Stratovarius to become like Metallica? I sure dont and nether did Timo. Now you accused Timo somewhere on the forum that he did the new band for money. Now if he wanted to do that he would have just replaced everyone in stratovarius but himself. Instead he made a whole new band with a new name, etc. Its not going to be easy on timo's part, stratovarius is world famous, RR is only known by a few Strato Fans that hang out at the Strato forums all day.

Anyone I hope you see my point. Try and not take this so hard, Wether we like it for not 1 day Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Nightwish to name a few will ALL break up.

If this post didnt change how you feel then in time you will calm down, and when New Era comes out and we all love it(hey its the new strato. album why didnt we like it right?) talk about it and we will be tell jokes of that one time we didnt know what was going on with stratovarius.

Edit: Woah Timo and Stratovarius lost much more then we did dude. Jens, Kotipelto, Lauri, and Jorg lost there jobs you know, Stratovarius was the main source of income. Your trying to compare fans losing the band and music we love to peoples lives? come on man... now Timo was able to pick up first cuz he was the mastermind of stratovarius thats all.