"New Era" Album

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
"New Era" Album

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:14 am

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - TIMO TOLKKI's REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE: More Details Revealed
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=94056

Album name is very appropriate. :)

I wish you luck, TT!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Demir

Re: "New Era" Album

Post by Demir » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:22 am

browneyedgirl wrote:BLABBERMOUTH.NET - TIMO TOLKKI's REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE: More Details Revealed
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=94056

Album name is very appropriate. :)

I wish you luck, TT!
I am sad to say I think this will be very short lived band

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:14 pm

What I don't like/understand is the way tolkki is gonna find taleted people they way he is trying to do it. But, who knows :roll:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:19 pm

RazielSR wrote:What I don't like/understand is the way tolkki is gonna find taleted people they way he is trying to do it. But, who knows :roll:
He has connections, and friends. Musicians are like movie stars, they get around&mingle! Plus, he is thought of as a "God", so he will do very well!

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:32 pm

And how many songs are sung by Sammet? Because Sammet rocks.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:40 pm

I guess by June we will know!:)

black death

Post by black death » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:01 pm

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:50 pm

black death wrote:Have you heard the samples yet?

http://www.frontiers.it/Default.aspx?tabid=85&pl=R

ohhh sounds pretty cool, there are keyboards in it! but not much like in stratovarius. But maybe that just cuz there samples.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:36 am

Sounds cool? Vision's style?

This is metal because there are metal voices, metal guitars and metal drums. But this is not metal.

I don't like it. Just the beggining of Heroes. For me is a bad album. And I'm not going to buy it.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:02 am

RazielSR wrote:Sounds cool? Vision's style?

This is metal because there are metal voices, metal guitars and metal drums. But this is not metal.

I don't like it. Just the beggining of Heroes. For me is a bad album. And I'm not going to buy it.

ohhh ok 0_o that sounded pretty metal to me but whatever man.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:05 am

Sounds pretty metallic to me. Oh right, you forgot metal bass!!

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:09 am

TimoTolkki wrote:

ohhhh and forgot metal keyboards to :O

Demir

Post by Demir » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:42 am

I heard samples, Singing and everyuthing else sound very bland. :?: Parts of the songs are exact like old stratovarius songs (dreamweaver) I expected something more extreme. I think this project is just to make money :cry:

dirge

Post by dirge » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:10 am

Like always, we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, or in this case, these very small clips, wait until we hear the finished product, only then will we be able to give proper judgement. :)

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:33 am

dirge wrote:Like always, we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, or in this case, these very small clips, wait until we hear the finished product, only then will we be able to give proper judgement. :)

Yep well said!

miditek

Post by miditek » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:45 am

Plisken wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:

Well, a B-3 organ through a 100w Marshall Plexi, would be a good start. Better yet, use a 200w Marshall Major. :D They do have samples for that on CD-ROM too though. 8)

The RR MP3's do sound rather promising. Kiske is one of my favorite vocalists.
Κύριε ἐλέησον

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:53 am

RazielSR wrote:Sounds cool? Vision's style?

this is getting funnier... :lol:

Free world dude, we all are entitled to spend our money on whatever we feel like... that won't make you less of a fan, that's for sure.

Anyways, you may like it when the album is out... just let the bitterness aside and you may give it a chance.
I'm anxious to hear it cause I'm confident this is going to be pretty good stuff.

But if you dislike the music you hear, at least you'll have the guts to say so and won't just go with the flow and pretend you liked it because you're an asskisser :wink:
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:05 am

I do find this Raziel character quite touching. I understand his feelings and that he puts a lot of fire into his attempts to change things. I wish I could tell that things are not the way they are, but I cannot. It is simply impossible to make music in a band where 3 individuals are getting a divorce. If you ever have seen a couple with a really heated divorce then you might get the idea.
Except that in rock bands, it is even more difficult.
As I have said, for me the actual decision was clear and actually easy (based on the situation and my own feelings), but it doesnt mean that leaving behind 24 years is easy either.
It is quite similar in principal when Hansen left Helloween at the peak of their success and formed a new band (that still exists). He had to leave.
In the same way, I have formed a new band and will continue what I have always done, music out of my feelings and heart weather it is uncommercial like Saana or power metal or pop. Whatever it is that I feel is right for me as an artist to express myself I will do. And if someone wants to listen to those songs, then I am truly honored and if someone doesnt, then that is very okay too.
What I really hate is violence in all its forms and I will always fight against that weather its physical or verbal. Without that we are just mere animals nothing more. But I do understand ALL feelings people have right now...

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:07 am

miditek wrote:
Plisken wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:

Well, a B-3 organ through a 100w Marshall Plexi, would be a good start. Better yet, use a 200w Marshall Major. :D They do have samples for that on CD-ROM too though. 8)

The RR MP3's do sound rather promising. Kiske is one of my favorite vocalists.

ohhh a B3 through an overdriven tube krank amp would do very well.

Its actually pretty easy to make a normal B3 emulation that sounds really close to the real thing on a Roland Synthesizer.
TimoTolkki wrote:I do find this Raziel character quite touching. I understand his feelings and that he puts a lot of fire into his attempts to change things. I wish I could tell that things are not the way they are, but I cannot. It is simply impossible to make music in a band where 3 individuals are getting a divorce. If you ever have seen a couple with a really heated divorce then you might get the idea.
As I have said, for me the actual decision was clear and actually easy (based on the situation and my own feelings), but it doesnt mean that leaving behind 24 years is easy either.
It is quite similar in principal when Hansen left Helloween at the peak of their success and formed a new band (that still exists). He had to leave.
In the same way, I have formed a new band and will continue what I have always done, music out of my feelings and heart weather it is uncommercial like Saana or power metal or pop. Whatever it is that I feel is right for me as an artist to express myself I will do. And if someone wants to listen to those songs, then I am truly honored and if someone doesnt, then that is very okay too.
What I really hate is violence in all its forms and I will always fight against that weather its physical or verbal. Without that we are just mere animals nothing more. But I do understand ALL feelings people have right now...

Ohh thats a much better comparison then the one I did lol. But Honestly after that post it should end all the "NOOO stratovarius will be back you will all see!" posts. Timo just summed it up and simplified it if anyone still just doesnt get it then no one should bother even trying with them. Only time will heal it.

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:56 am

Plisken wrote: Only time will heal it.
no, "time won't heal your wounds it makes you numb". 8)

i understand Raziel too. everybody has to pass the stage of denial and anger, he just got a longer one, which doesn't necessarily make him a good fan, and doesn't make him a bad fan either. it only human emotions after all.

back to the topic, I love those samples. sounds very promising. :)
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:00 am

Syren.S wrote:
Plisken wrote: Only time will heal it.
no, "time won't heal your wounds it makes you numb". 8)

i understand Raziel too. everybody has to pass the stage of denial and anger, he just got a longer one, which doesn't necessarily make him a good fan, and doesn't make him a bad fan either. it only human emotions after all.

back to the topic, I love those samples. sounds very promising. :)
There we go couldnt have put it better then that.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:59 am

TimoTolkki wrote:I do find this Raziel character quite touching. I understand his feelings and that he puts a lot of fire into his attempts to change things. I wish I could tell that things are not the way they are, but I cannot. It is simply impossible to make music in a band where 3 individuals are getting a divorce. If you ever have seen a couple with a really heated divorce then you might get the idea.
As you know, I have never used violence to express my opinions. Never. I can have my opinion, that's all. But I'm not gonna to insult or something.
I get from the very begining Tolkki's decision (Plisken, you can be sure, I don't know why you insist in this) , just look at my first post in the topic named: "now it's official, isn't it?".

But then, I realized that maybe we can do something. Sorry, sorry to try to be a human being. I don't know why so many people complains about my opinions. I have never insulted. If you are a fan, just like me, why I have to accept your opinions and you can't accept mines? If I'm explaining without insults or discrediting, what's the problem?

Don't you understand, people, it's easier for me or the fans like me, to explain here the feelings? Everybody can, but me? I'm not going to apologize for saying my opinions, because my opinions are pure and from my heart.

And if you felt annoyed by me, I don't give a shit. I have closed the petition, because I have understood that nowadays, it's difficult to make things from heart, in this forum especially. I know better than you that this petitions are dumb things, but I'd like to see in some months, how many people was there, just losing their time to express the feelings in a signature, while knowing "this won't make them back". Sorry again, for this, but I'm human.

About what I said yesterday up there, talking about RR. I know that is not the way to talk about music. I know my opinion sounded a little bad and it's not fair. But I have listen so many unfair things these days.

I thought New Era would be more agressive, with more soul on it. I know they are just samples, but for me sounds very soft, I don't want hard sounds and numetal shit, but I need more energy. I don't see Vision's style in that cd. Will be a good album, but in my opinion this album uses 15% of Tolkki's talent. I was waiting for something better. IT'S MY OPINION.

And I know, Stratovarius will return someday. IT'S MY OPINION TOO. I'm not gonna to say anything more about this.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:31 am

RazielSR wrote:
And I know, Stratovarius will return someday. IT'S MY OPINION TOO. I'm not gonna to say anything more about this.
Finally.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:30 am

RazielSR wrote:
As you know, I have never used violence to express my opinions. Never. I can have my opinion, that's all. But I'm not gonna to insult or something.
I get from the very begining Tolkki's decision (Plisken, you can be sure, I don't know why you insist in this) , just look at my first post in the topic named: "now it's official, isn't it?".

But then, I realized that maybe we can do something. Sorry, sorry to try to be a human being. I don't know why so many people complains about my opinions. I have never insulted. If you are a fan, just like me, why I have to accept your opinions and you can't accept mines? If I'm explaining without insults or discrediting, what's the problem?

Don't you understand, people, it's easier for me or the fans like me, to explain here the feelings? Everybody can, but me? I'm not going to apologize for saying my opinions, because my opinions are pure and from my heart. My girlfriend thinks the same as me, and she is as sentimental as me. Tolkki, you can see her opinion in your blog about the end of Stratovarius, her name is Lourdes.

And if you felt annoyed by me, I don't give a shit. I have closed the petition, because I have understood that nowadays, it's difficult to make things from heart, in this forum especially. I know better than you that this petitions are dumb things, but I'd like to see in some months, how many people was there, just losing his time to express the feelings in a signature, while knowing "this won't make them back". Sorry again, for this, but I'm human.

About what I said yesterday up there, talking about RR. I know that is not the way to talk about music. I know my opinion sounded a little bad and it's not fair. But I have listen so many unfair things these days.

I tought New Era would be more agressive, with more soul on it. I know they are just samples, but for me sounds very soft, I don't want hard sounds and numetal shit, but I need more energy. I don't see Vision's style in that cd. Will be a good album, but in my opinion this album uses 15% of Tolkki's talent. I was waiting for something better. IT'S MY OPINION.

Your right everyone is entitled to there own opinions but before with the petition, and the posts them not spliting,etc that opinion created a sort of false hope. Making a Petition makes people think hey this could work i guess? why would it be here if it wouldnt?

Me and everyone else just dont want anyone to get there hopes up that Stratovarius is coming back anytime soon. Nothing against you at all man, your a stratovarius fan like all of us, we all felt the same feeling when we read the news of the split....

Dont get me wrong ether I would love to see stratovarius back together making albums but its just not going to happen(not anytime soon at least)

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:03 pm

After listening to the samples these songs sound good, but they miss the soul.
This album would have been a good Stratovarius album, the songs lack the soul of Stratovarius :?

Sir. Decadence

Post by Sir. Decadence » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Sounds a lot better than Saana, but it also sounds like we have heard all this before in a different form. Plus Revolution Renaissance -song = Soul of a Vagabond? :oops: Well, I wanna hear the full album first, before I say anything too thorough about it. But I have always hoped that Tolkki would make something more progressive stuff with all his great melodies of course - but no limits with the song constructions. More stuff like Season of Change, even with some more courage. But, of course, I can't say what Timo should do, so let's say: that's just my wish. Album with stuff like that would arouse my interest.

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:11 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
nefertari wrote:After listening to the samples these songs sound good, but they miss the soul.
This album would have been a good Stratovarius album, the songs lack the soul of Stratovarius :?
Because the songs lack Kotipelto! :)
and Jörg, Jens and Lauri ... :wink:

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:30 pm

I have listen to the samples... Then I'v got back listen to my old Vision's CD...Then I'v got back to the samples... I like the melodies, I love to hear Kiske back singing with attitude but I can't describe these songs as "Vision's style".
Forgive me Timo, but I don't want you to become another Lars who always says when Metallica gona to release a new record that the new one is a huge back to roots. Please, you shouldn't go this way . I respect you as a songwritter, player and artist. I respect your close touch to the fans durring all these years, I respect you as a person but you should stand strong on the ground as always. You better know than me!

ps. You mentioned Hansen. I hope one day you can release yours Land Of The Free and Somewhere Out In Space kind of records in your RR careere as Kai did after leaving Helloween. Am I wrong saying that he never mentioned that he will gona release another Keepers or another Walls Of Jericho album in his GR era?! ;)
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

black death

Post by black death » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:06 pm

nefertari wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
nefertari wrote:After listening to the samples these songs sound good, but they miss the soul.
Because the songs lack Kotipelto! :)
and Jörg, Jens and Lauri ... :wink:
Maybe, but singer is often crucial person. There are not many bassists or drummmers, or guitar players whom you recognize immediately, but you almost always recognize the singer.

This is exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the samples:
This album would have been a good Stratovarius album

Cristiane

Post by Cristiane » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:44 pm

StratoBOB wrote:I have listen to the samples... Then I'v got back listen to my old Vision's CD...Then I'v got back to the samples... I like the melodies, I love to hear Kiske back singing with attitude but I can't describe these songs as "Vision's style".
Forgive me Timo, but I don't want you to become another Lars who always says when Metallica gona to release a new record that the new one is a huge back to roots. Please, you shouldn't go this way . I respect you as a songwritter, player and artist. I respect your close touch to the fans durring all these years, I respect you as a person but you should stand strong on the ground as always. You better know than me!

ps. You mentioned Hansen. I hope one day you can release yours Land Of The Free and Somewhere Out In Space kind of records in your RR careere as Kai did after leaving Helloween. Am I wrong saying that he never mentioned that he will gona release another Keepers or another Walls Of Jericho album in his GR era?! ;)
Hey! Look who's back! :D
I missed you!
Lady Elecktra - Warrioress and Keeper of the Light of Booga

You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery