"New Era" Album

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
Re: "New Era" Album

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:45 pm

black death wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:The fans of Stratovarius have been looking forward to that DVD for a VERY, VERY long time now!!! :)
Yeah, but I think they're been looking forward to Stratovarius DVD.
Yes, I know. But, we are not going to get that one. So, I guess lots of us will have to settle for an RR DVD. Maybe there'll be Stratovarius covers on it. It won't be the same, though---not by a long shot! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:52 am

dirge wrote:
Plisken wrote:
dirge wrote:Hymn to Life album is a real gem in your back catalogue of music! Anyone who hasn't yet checked it out, should do so ASAP!

I will!! as soon as timo re-releases it!
TimoTolkki wrote:I thank you...I have in mind to make something new but maintain the power metal feel. People "judge" : "it's not Visions" by hearing 4 clips totalling few minutes. I dont even care what it is cause I dont label it. Perhaps it is the spirit of freedom I feel now. I can already picture myself on stage in Sao Paulo with my new band playing "Key to the Universe" to 6000 people.
This Revolution has a serious message in it...
ohhh maybe when you go to Sao Paulo you can give that DVD another shot! it would be really cool to get to know the band like that. Album , World Tour , DVD.
Re-release? It's available to buy now, first place I looked and they have plenty!...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h ... mn+to+life
Timo said he was going to re-release his 2 solo albums with new songs and stuff! thats what Im waiting for =)

jif26 wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote: I thank you...I have in mind to make something new but maintain the power metal feel. People "judge" : "it's not Visions" by hearing 4 clips totalling few minutes. I dont even care what it is cause I dont label it. Perhaps it is the spirit of freedom I feel now. I can already picture myself on stage in Sao Paulo with my new band playing "Key to the Universe" to 6000 people.
This Revolution has a serious message in it...
Hey man, as long as you're happy. Hopefully this time you'll know when the going gets tough, pull the plug real quick instead of going through another domino effect of bad times.

I have to tell you, Hymn to Life was a grower for me. Took a while to sink in, but I love it (not all, but most of it). That last speech by Chaplin is bliss, just love the touch.

Anyway, be happy, have fun...there is some good out there. This time, hopefully you'll be able to call your bandmates 'friends'.

With all that said, rock on! Can't wait to hear RR. Kiske has been my favorite singer by far for the past 17 years (yea, I'm starting to get old :wink: ). That frontman from Circus Maximus is close second.

Have fun Timo..I'll always support you and your music. Can't wait to see you in Montreal!

JF

P.S. Would it surprise you if I said that "We Are the Future" is my favorite song from you ? :oops: :)

P.S. #2 Argh, the forum's DB is out of wack these days. Good thing I pasted my text in a file before :wink:

I havent heard anything for the album but when you say a chaplin speech you mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvjoWOwnn4 ?

Amazing speech by Chaplin!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:12 am

Re-release CVAT? ??? OK, as long as TT keeps the orginal CD cover pic. He was gorgeous. I mean, hot. I mean.......never mind. :oops:

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

IceBreaker
Location:Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Post by IceBreaker » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:40 am

LNoE was btw played among I did it my way on the radio during a TT interview yesterday. What called my attention to the song were of course the keyboard sounds when comparing it to the Wacken-version. Was really longing Jens after hearing the song. Also therefore I hope TT finds a good keysplayer to his band. :)
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:45 am

Jens is going to be a VERY hard act to follow! The new guy better be damn good! :?

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:18 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Jens is going to be a VERY hard act to follow! The new guy better be damn good! :?
Jens Johansson is the best keyboard player for me. So it is easy not to find anybody like him on any level. He has been a good friend thourgh this...

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:25 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Jens is going to be a VERY hard act to follow! The new guy better be damn good! :?
Jens Johansson is the best keyboard player for me. So it is easy not to find anybody like him on any level. He has been a good friend thourgh this...
yep to be comparing other keyboardist to jens would be pretty unfair. Now there is no 1 best keyboard player in the world. Jens is the best for the kind of music stratovarius played and RR will play. If jens doesnt want to join RR then I would say 2nd best choice would be Vitalij Kuprij that guy is a beast.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:08 am

Plisken wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
yep to be comparing other keyboardist to jens would be pretty unfair. Now there is no 1 best keyboard player in the world. Jens is the best for the kind of music stratovarius played and RR will play. If jens doesnt want to join RR then I would say 2nd best choice would be Vitalij Kuprij that guy is a beast.
What I dont understand is that people automatically compare RR to Strato.
Although it takes a lot of its legacy from Strato, it is a totally new band with totally new musicians. So all the fuss about "taking sides" is utterly pointless. There is room for us all to flourish and it makes me sad that the message Stratovarius has carried all these years echoes emptiness to some people who are blinded by their projective loss. The music will always remain, the guys too. But nothing in this life lasts forever.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:50 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Plisken wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
Although it takes a lot of its legacy from Strato, it is a totally new band with totally new musicians. So all the fuss about "taking sides" is utterly pointless. There is room for us all to flourish and it makes me sad that the message Stratovarius has carried all these years echoes emptiness to some people who are blinded by their projective loss. The music will always remain, the guys too. But nothing in this life lasts forever.
I just made an assumption that RR would sound something like Stratovarius since it was the album Stratovarius was supposed to release. But your right it is a new band and will have new musicians which will give the music a new atmosphere and should be treated as such. But in the end the mastermind is the same =) can you blame me for assuming the album would sound like a stratovarius album under the conditions? I have never heard a full RR album(cuz New Era is the first one!) so I have no way of knowing what RR sounds like, but I do know that RR continued stratovarius's last album.

Im not sure what you mean by taking side though, I didnt say anything about taking sides unless you mean of wishing jens was the keyboard player in RR? or was that part not even directed at me?

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:35 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Raven wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
As I have said, for me the actual decision was clear and actually easy (based on the situation and my own feelings), but it doesnt mean that leaving behind 24 years is easy either.
Why didn't you just fire these "two difficult personalities" and continued making music under the glorious name of Stratovarius? You have done it before when Lassila and Ikonen left the band. I'm quite sure that it have been easier for many fans to listen these songs if there have been at least Jens and Lauri and the familiar name.

You are (were) the main songwriter and the leader of Stratovarius as far as I understand.
Timo Kotipelto and Jörg Michael were the essential people in Strato and I cannot continue under the same name. Lassila and Ikonen were a different story, the band was not nearly as popular. So I am doing it for the fans.
Your are right. This was the best solution. That's what I thought also 4 years ago, when Timo K. and Jörg were out of the band for a short while. Better stop Strato then continue with a completely different lineup. It's not like other bands, that have changes concerning band members on every new album. Stratovarius was a constant, and it could only exist in this lineup. I'm glad this is also your opinion. :)

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:32 am

Plisken wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
Plisken wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
I just made an assumption that RR would sound something like Stratovarius since it was the album Stratovarius was supposed to release. But your right it is a new band and will have new musicians which will give the music a new atmosphere and should be treated as such. But in the end the mastermind is the same =) can you blame me for assuming the album would sound like a stratovarius album under the conditions? I have never heard a full RR album(cuz New Era is the first one!) so I have no way of knowing what RR sounds like, but I do know that RR continued stratovarius's last album.

Im not sure what you mean by taking side though, I didnt say anything about taking sides unless you mean of wishing jens was the keyboard player in RR? or was that part not even directed at me?
I mean that New Era is not a good indication how the future could be. It was a good way to start this band since I had this cool songs and I wanted the best possible musicians I could get at that time but it was clear that it wont be the final line up. When that is found and we make the next record, iit will start taking shape.
By taking sides I mean the unnecesessary 3-year old things like "TK is Stratovarius!!" or "Tolkki is Stratovarius"!! It makes the whole thing like politics. If people understand why they split with their girlfriends and boyfriends, they will understand this. But that doesnt mean that is wrong to
express things, as long as they remain civilized.

black death

Post by black death » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:13 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:I mean that New Era is not a good indication how the future could be. It was a good way to start this band since I had this cool songs and I wanted the best possible musicians I could get at that time but it was clear that it wont be the final line up. When that is found and we make the next record, iit will start taking shape.
Have you ever thought to release this album as a TT's solo album and not Revolution Renaissance album?

I mean the musicians who recorded it will not be in RR band, you've just said that next record "will start taking shape". So I don't understand why is it RR album when it doesn't seem to have too much in common with the final RR band.

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:04 am

exe knight wrote:When will you have a website? I'm just interested...
I think that website is ready when Tero Tolkki is not so busy with his own jobs :wink:

And Timppa Tolkki, my wife likes RR music, but she is not so big fan of Stratovarius that she bother that there doesn't sing Koti... She likes voice of Kiske, but again my opinion: Kiske is good singer, but he has so many copies
that I'm so bored to hear that kind of singing :wink: and drumming hear too much of Jörg is playing there... That's why I don't like RR, I hope that you don't release that Stratovarius demo cd with RR-band, I would buy your newiest cd, if you make totally new kind of musicto RR-band 8)
Then that would be fantastic 8)
Meikä Ankka

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:02 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
That is really nice to hear :)

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:13 pm

@TimoTolkki : good afternoon, I would like to know when you'll say to the chosen people that they were chosen to play in auditions in Helsinki? :)

Other thing : I really like the new songs you wrote and I can't wait for the new album to come. 8)

Have a nice day,

Peace,

MetalAngel.
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:32 pm

MetalAngel wrote: Other thing : I really like the new songs you wrote and I can't wait for the new album to come. 8)
You are not the only one. 8)

MetalAngel

Post by MetalAngel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 pm

Hehe, so I see I'm not the only RRmaniac around here... :lol:
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:07 pm

I love the samples more and more when I listen to them......... 8)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:38 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
for you? Hell, he's the best alive!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:07 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: The music will always remain, the guys too. But nothing in this life lasts forever.
Except the Rolling Stones, :roll: .

miditek

Post by miditek » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:26 am

Rebel wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote: The music will always remain, the guys too. But nothing in this life lasts forever.
They're so old, they ought to call themselves "The Tomb Stones"- but nevertheless, they still sound pretty good. :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

stratoplayer

Post by stratoplayer » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:35 am

miditek wrote:
Rebel wrote:
They're so old, they ought to call themselves "The Tomb Stones"- but nevertheless, they still sound pretty good. :lol:
Who cares if they're old?! I saw them live last year, effin Jagger still moves like a spaghetti noodle and has the waistline of a 14 year old girl to match!

Plus, Satisfaction and Sympathy for the Devil never get old!
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:35 pm

Stratovarius never gets old!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 10, 2008 7:00 am

TimoTolkki wrote: It is quite similar in principal when Hansen left Helloween at the peak of their success and formed a new band (that still exists). He had to leave.
In the same way, I have formed a new band and will continue what I have always done, music out of my feelings and heart weather it is uncommercial like Saana or power metal or pop. Whatever it is that I feel is right for me as an artist to express myself I will do. And if someone wants to listen to those songs, then I am truly honored and if someone doesnt, then that is very okay too.
Uhhh... Hansen made a brave decision to LEAVE the band, at its PEAK
You left before a return to glory, during one of the band's worst periods, lying, cheating, and stealing on your way out, making attacks on the characters of all your band mates, taking the band name with you, and band you had no part in starting, but every part in firing the man who DID start it.
I have little to no tolerance for people who act like you have, I respect your contributions to the world of Power Metal, but I cannot respect the way you treated the people who helped you do it.