statements topic

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Lurdi
Re: statements topic

Post by Lurdi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:33 pm

LOL This is so funny. There are so many stupid chit chats in this forum that have NOTHING to do with music, Stratovarius etc and nobody (or very few people) complains about that. On the contrary, many turn a blind eye or even play along with those who really talk about ''interesting'' things, and now there are people complaining about a fucking statement that has been translanted into English because the vast majority of this forum doesn't understand a word in Finnish. Obviously what's interesting or not is in the eye of the beholder. There is nothing new in it, but personally I am interested in reading it.
You know guys. For those who don't speak Finnish, we should learn it if we don't get into trouble.
Thank you so much Mormegil for the translation.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:34 pm

the timeline is the most important thing for a person to consider. timeline gives everything a solid base for judgement.

lets take this: John McCain killed Abraham Lincoln.

John McCain was not alive when Lincoln was shot and there for john mccain is not the killer.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:48 pm

:lol: On sunday 31,13,49 RazielSR asked why Morko came here and stirred up things for us. You asked us who defended BEG to fuck up and stop talking about other things than music. Didn't you? And 45 minutes later the same Sunday, Lurdi was very upset over the gossiping on the forum. She only wanted to talk about MUSIC. So why this outburst when some of us try to follow your orders. :P

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:03 pm

Stratowarius wrote::lol: On sunday 31,13,49 RazielSR asked why Morko came here and stirred up things for us. You asked us who defended BEG to fuck up and stop talking about other things than musik. Didnt you?And 45 minutes later the same sunday Lurdi was very upset over the gossiping on the forum. She only wanted to talk about MUSIC. So why this outburst when some of us try to follow your orders. :P
So what? Tell me, Stratowarius, is it the same talking about things related to the Strato music and the band situation than trying to find out who a girl is, why she was banned and many other personal issues?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:15 pm

On sunday 31,13,49

great stuff there :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:15 pm

Stratowarius wrote::lol: I think we all have wasted many hours here on hopeless discussions about Stratos problems. Some hate it and some like it and we can let everyone go after their own liking. Those who cant stand a single word from Mr Tolkkis statements can skip them and the others can feast on the dirty details.Sometimes they are rather funny dont you think. Troll or not :)
Let's analyse this in the same way you did with me. I can't believe this! You are blaming people for nurishing old meals, however you yourself acknowledge ''sometimes they are rather funny'' It can't be possible Stratowarius. It is a contradiction, and you know, everything is always either black or white.
The same with '' I think we all have wasted many hours here on hopeless discussions about Strato problems''

''Some hate it and some like it and we can let everyone go after their own liking''
Really? You are referring to too much tolerance that you don't show off in the rest of your posts.

And you didn't say all this on Sunday and today you said different things. No. Everything has been said today.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:28 pm

'twas a difficult time, but all I want now is some music.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYsn4FeOM1Q

this is who the guys have hired to help write songs and clean up the studio. and it's music for all the music lovers out there

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:45 pm

:lol: :lol: You thougt you got me there,yes? That girl you asked someone about you suddenly remembered everything about so why ask?? If you hate that old things Mr Tolkki said about her? And if you are so noble why try to get the subjekt up again?? And why will you read Mr Tolkkis nagnag over and over again. We have heard it all before and it seldom is about MUSIC. You have to be consistent and not laugh at all the funny things here. Only read the musicthreads, so will you get happy, wouldn't you?

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:17 am

Well we were sitting around after tracking and editing and strategizing and drinking some beer and none of this statement makes that much sense to us, but this one stuck out a bit (especially to Jörg) :lol:
Timo Tolkki, Sep 2, 2008 wrote:My deal with Frontiers hasn’t in any way weakened the lawyer-struggle that started already in year 2006.
Our laywer, April 29, 2008 wrote:Dear Xxxxx

I have just received this and am afraid, having looked at Timo's website, that any claim against Sanctuary looks as if it's now dead in the water. We can't even argue that at Sanctuary's prevarication
hastened the break up of the band since Timo attributes this mostly to internal issues. Will you please 'phone me to o discuss the position. Best wishes

Xxxxxx
Two quite contradictory views of that universe. :) But what is consciousness but a point of view with a voice..

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:01 am

JensJohansson wrote:Well we were sitting around after tracking and editing and strategizing and drinking some beer and none of this statement makes that much sense to us, but this one stuck out a bit (especially to Jörg) :lol:
Timo Tolkki, Sep 2, 2008 wrote:My deal with Frontiers hasn’t in any way weakened the lawyer-struggle that started already in year 2006.
Our laywer, April 29, 2008 wrote:Dear Xxxxx

I have just received this and am afraid, having looked at Timo's website, that any claim against Sanctuary looks as if it's now dead in the water. We can't even argue that at Sanctuary's prevarication
hastened the break up of the band since Timo attributes this mostly to internal issues. Will you please 'phone me to o discuss the position. Best wishes

Xxxxxx
Two quite contradictory views of that universe. :) But what is consciousness but a point of view with a voice..
I'll never even pretend to comprehend how you guys (JJ, TK, JM, et al) dealt with all of this for as long as you did. Applications for nomination for canonization for each of you are currently en route to the Vatican. :lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:32 am

they can always write their own shine on you crazy black diamond.

his answers carry on my point that he simple did not enjoy playing with the rest of the lineup and has some strange views on the effects of his actions. no sign anywhere that he broke up the band for the sole intention of getting some short term sum of money after being solicited by a another company.

Now in the emails and phone calls that have gone back and forth was their any "I love playing with you all at the moment but sorry, more money over here so I will have to regretfully leave you all to pick up a check"?

im just trying to see where morko is coming from when its implied tolkki made everything up after the fact or saw this as a short term money making business deal.

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 am

icecab21 wrote:they can always write their own shine on you crazy black diamond.
:lol:
Κύριε ἐλέησον

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:40 am

:lol: icecab21, you are so predictable. I KNEW you'd come here and analyze everything to death! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@miditek, :bigok: AMEN!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 am

the result of this all sounds good for everyone. two great groups for me, each group being having a good time with each other, and lots of cool music and stories of mice and metal.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:34 am

can someone post a english version of what tt is commenting on in that statement?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:59 am

Mormegil wrote:I was bored so here you go:

COMMENT TO KOTIPELTO’S INTERVIEW ON SOUNDI-MAGAZINE

I think it’s appropriate to correct some issues that were on the interview:

JARI KAINULAINEN

I did not fire Kainulainen by text-message, Jens and Jörg did the job. Everyone was full of Jari and for some reason Kotipelto doesn’t mention this. I also told, that Lauri Porra would be the greatest replacement for Jari.

THE LAWYER-BILL

The “large lawyer-bill” mentioned in the interview is about 30 000 €. However, it’s not mentioned that I gave up all the rights to Stratovarius-name and to the entire 11 album back-catalogue to Johansson, Kotipelto and Michael. Also, that bill is divided by four, so I’m also responsible for it.

POSITION IN THE NEGOTIATIONS AND METAL

My deal with Frontiers hasn’t in any way weakened the lawyer-struggle that started already in year 2006. After I made the decision about disbanding Stratovarius, it was totally natural to make a new one. Of course, I took my own songs with me. In the interview they say I “used the demo we made and paid for together.” To me, there’s nothing wrong with that. If I searched for a new deal, it would be equally “wrong” to play Visions or Elements 1 to the record-company. Also, I mixed the demo for two days and nights at the Sonic Pump studio free of charge. Oh, and I too paid for that demo. If Frontiers wants to release the MP3’s, there’s nothing I can do about that. On the other hand, the demos “surprisingly leaked to internet” and if you want to know where from, I can tell you that the address begins with the letter “J”.
On the interview Kotipelto mentions that I informed that I don’t want to keep on ”making music like this.” In the e-mail I send to that band I said, that I don’t want to work especially with Kotipelto and Michael. I’m professional musician and so I make music and metal is a great part of my life and will remain that in the future. In far more positive environment, though.

FAREWELL-TOUR

About 6 months ago I announced that I don’t want to continue the band anymore. I send an e-mail to everyone asking, if they were willing to do one last tour, that the fans deserved. Having Kainulainen with us was a must for me, as he had spent 11 years in the bands and played on nine albums, as oppose to Porra, who has only been in it for two years and hadn’t played on any the albums. The idea was to do one last tour with the “primary group.” I also mentioned this on the mails, but Kotipelto seems to have forgotten it. I have nothing against Lauri. He is one of the finest people I’ve ever met, bringing new energy and positivity to the last years of Strato. Jens was excited about the tour, but Kotipelto didn’t reply while Jörg did… in the way Jörg can. And Kotipelto knows how he does. And so I announced: that’s it. The way I see it, the guys didn’t approve that I left or the reasons to it. Continuing with the name Stratovarius is kind of desperate, but I suppose it’s useful in the business. It’s a “brand” after all. Surely they can make 2-3 albums with it. I have saved all the e-mails in case they are needed.

THE FAXS, E-MAILS AND TEXT-MESSAGES

When there’s nothing left to say, it’s not necessary to “arrange meetings.” Kotipelto was never one of my friends and I wasn’t his. “Co-worker” is more suitable.

”TOLKKI DOES EVERYTHING”

Yes, I do and I always did believe that the ”reasons” behind Stratovarius’s success were world-class players, singer and great songs as was the will to work hard, which we did with over 1000 gigs around the world. It’s unfortunate, that the greatest fame came from other things than music and that there still are people who believe that I was behind some sort of publicity stunt, like kicking Kotipelto and Jörg out and replacing them with Miss K and Anders Johansson. Followed by Jens pissing on legs, some stabbing and “United we stand.” It’s weird, that reporter Petri Silas, who clearly knows about the inside matters (he is a good friend of Jens), doesn’t ask Kotipelto how the events really happened (even though he knows well how they did) and who were part of this possible “conspiracy.” Maybe it was the whole band along with the record-label.

Feel free to correct my mistakes. :wink:
This is the English translation. Basicly, TT is calling TK a liar concerning the content of the Soundi article.
Yes, we need a translation of TKs side of things.

I hope to God that in the future every time Stratovarius gives an interview we do not get a statement from Tolkki! :buh: That will get very monotonous, and annoying. :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:04 am

First he sends out an email saying he refuses to work with Kotipelto or Michael, then he asks for a farewell tour and is outraged when it doesn't materialize :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:07 am

The soundi article was the one I had in mind considering that I already made some responses to tolkkis English version of his response lol

tolkki definitly walks to his own song, and now to the beat of a different drummer

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:53 pm

Stratowarius wrote::lol: :lol: You thougt you got me there,yes? That girl you asked someone about you suddenly remembered everything about so why ask??If you hate that old things Mr Tolkki said about her? And if you are so noble why try to get the subjekt up again??And why will you read Mr Tolkkis nagnag over and over again. We have heard it all before and it seldom is about MUSIK. You have to be consistent and not laugh at all the funny things here.Only read the musicthreads so will you get happy,wouldnt you?
StratoWARius, are you talking to me? Because I can hardly understand you. You are making me think you don't know what's happened and that you are just arguing for pleasure.

I did NOT ask who that girl was. Go back to the New Band Name topic and check out who was asking who that girl was. It was not me.
However you don't answer anything I quoted you.
I can read whatever I want to and as many times I feel like.
And I am not going to talk about this with you anymore, that's what you would like to. And since this is a ridiculous and pointless stupid conversation I am not going to play your headless game anymore.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:38 am

miditek wrote: I'll never even pretend to comprehend how you guys (JJ, TK, JM, et al) dealt with all of this for as long as you did.
If I had the choice, I would do it all again. Wonderful times. The positive has by far outweighed any negative things. It is a wonderful thing to hang out for months with people who have the same long-term goals and constantly make you laugh, and to make music with a positive message and reach many people's hearts with it.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:09 am

:lol: God Lord! It is rather late and I came home efter a night in town. Im not sober but I will try to answer the Senorina from Spain as good as I can. But first one question? What makes you so upset? Was it my timeline? I got it from Icecar and I learn, I learn. So, sunday, you and the signore were angry over the talk from some people, Morko, Beg and some more. It was mr Tolkki himself that initiated it with his attack on a girl that he gave full name. Not nice at all but you swollowed that without protest and told the forum to shut up or fuck up.
Tuesday will both of you know everything that Mr Tolkki wrote about the rest of the band and now it was no longer gossip, but the great truth and those who translated it were your heros.
Timeline again.You changed your mind in two days and that was what I thougt was a little peculiar. That is
all and I dont know what questions I haven't answered. I can't find any. You shouldn't use those big letters on rubbish. Then you have nothing when you have a real reason for them. Now I am almost sober. God night...
PS I would very much had a Finnish flag to show you but it's to late and I'm not as good as Icecar at finding things on the net.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:19 am

seems people have it worse for tolkki than the band members. i hope the rest of the band shares jens view. i just have not seen any people that support both groups playing by their hearts have this personal thing against any side though. these guys have created wonderful music together that is important music and no matter how paths change the goodness of the past will always be here and great things will come in the future.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 pm

Fortunately there are people who have not taken any side of them. I am going to follow and support both sides because they are great musicians and have done so many wonderful songs. The most important thing is what is yet to come. Great stuff for sure!!!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:24 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
miditek wrote: I'll never even pretend to comprehend how you guys (JJ, TK, JM, et al) dealt with all of this for as long as you did.
If I had the choice, I would do it all again. Wonderful times. The positive has by far outweighed any negative things. It is a wonderful thing to hang out for months with people who have the same long-term goals and constantly make you laugh, and to make music with a positive message and reach many people's hearts with it.
That was beautiful to read Jens. A lot of Strato's lyrics may have been Tolkki's message, but it's up to us to understand them. You seem to comprehend the message behind the music as well as TT; everybody has the capacity to learn the message and I don't doubt any of our potentials as a human beings to send that same message or make music equally as great. Finding out about Stratovarius many years ago was one of the most positive serendipitous events of my life. You and equally all of the other members of the band have changed my life for the better. I will never forget Stratovarius.