Breakup: Where is the truth?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Whose story is most trustworthy?

Tolkki 0%, other guys 100%
19
38%
Tolkki 10%, other guys 90%
12
24%
Tolkki 30%, other guys 70%
11
22%
Tolkki 70%, other guys 30%
6
12%
Tolkki 90%, other guys 10%
2
4%
 
Total votes: 50

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by RazielSR » Fri May 16, 2008 1:06 pm

Leboff wrote:By the way, have you noticed that Tolkki's links have been removed from stratovarius.com? I mean the links section on the left.
Yes, that is true.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri May 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Leboff wrote:By the way, have you noticed that Tolkki's links have been removed from stratovarius.com? I mean the links section on the left.

Understandable. He has repeatedly said he is not a member of Stratovarius anymore. So, why leave his name there? He is RR now.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by IceBreaker » Fri May 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Leboff wrote:By the way, have you noticed that Tolkki's links have been removed from stratovarius.com? I mean the links section on the left.
That doesn´t have anything to do with this battle. They were actually removed already 2 years ago when TT´s new HtL forum was opened. That was never linked to the left menu bar.
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

User avatar
boswoth
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by boswoth » Sat May 17, 2008 8:45 am

Eagle+ wrote:Stuff like "Kotipelto and Jörg didn't bother in replying the e-mail I sent" blah blah blah, is just trying to save your ass before you get called in a lie.

The real problem is that this matter should have been resolved internally, we don't need to know what it is that made Tolkki wrap up Stratovarius.

All the amazing shit he described COULD have happened but as a professional musician and public person, you can't get into drama fights -over the internet to top it off- and you don't need to publicly expose the alleged actions the remaining 4 members had.
It's what it looks like to me too.

Tolkki wrapped up Stratovarius because he needed money, which he got by making R.R. and so he made up the reasons in the statement as excuses.

I agree the other guys could have just let it go. But in the statement Tolkki made he tried to blame everyone except himself, and they might had enough of the bullshit

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by exe knight » Sat May 17, 2008 3:18 pm

boswoth wrote: Tolkki wrapped up Stratovarius because he needed money, which he got by making R.R.
If Tolkki wanted money he would just have done the recording with Stratovarius, because all fans would have bought that no matter how bad quality it was. He surely knew that if he broke it up and made a new band he would only have about half of the fans buying the album.

User avatar
boswoth
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by boswoth » Sat May 17, 2008 5:04 pm

exe knight wrote:
boswoth wrote: Tolkki wrapped up Stratovarius because he needed money, which he got by making R.R.
If Tolkki wanted money he would just have done the recording with Stratovarius, because all fans would have bought that no matter how bad quality it was. He surely knew that if he broke it up and made a new band he would only have about half of the fans buying the album.
Half the fans but all the money, think about it, he took the 150,000 into his own pocket and made the old band got stuck with the debt

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by Rebel » Sat May 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Has the band consulted with a Lawyer about the debt? Isn't it possible by claiming themselves to be Stratovarius, they would have to take the debt, instead of them leaving, giving Timo rights to the name "Stratovarius" and rights to all the debt?

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by NeonVomit » Sat May 17, 2008 5:51 pm

Rebel wrote:Has the band consulted with a Lawyer about the debt? Isn't it possible by claiming themselves to be Stratovarius, they would have to take the debt, instead of them leaving, giving Timo rights to the name "Stratovarius" and rights of all the debt?

These are intricacies of the contracts that we can never know.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

anis1234
Jr. Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:53 pm

Re: Breakup: Where is the truth?

Post by anis1234 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:34 pm

chire wrote:I believe in Stratovarius Members,
a band must have problems in their way, more if you have been sharing 12 years of your life, and you cant run away and make a new band, thats not the way of a "warrior of light", or is it?.
a band its a family, where you fight you cheer you laugh you feel alone you feel suported, lots of states changing by the pass of time.

Its true that you tolkki and the original band-formers created stratovarius, and you couldnt have done better, at that time you might have been the soul
but now you are not the absolute soul, it is fragmented, the chance that TK, JM, JJ, LP can continue making music for stratovarius is going to happen, why do you care about them if you even dont consider them friends, and you say you are so happy with your RR new band, why are you still feeling menaced because of the old members wnat to continue stratovarius, why do you care about the money they will afford i mean thats a very greedy way fo thinking what the fuck is going on, just let them continue.
being more than 15 years the "leader" or dictator and some times made you forget that each band member has the same or even more motivations in life, abstract thinking, deep filosophical thoughts than you, you are not the only one that "understands the life and why we are here", there are so many proofs that the composer of the songs cant be enough for a band to triumph, just look at the change the band had at Fourth dimension-Visions from before, because of band members new lineup. you were the Leader, and you did awesome, but the mistake was being the leader forever whats the point of that, the albums got crappier and worst release by release.

tolkki, after your maniatic depression now you are different, i've listened to your RR samples, i now people will like it, but some of them just sounds even close to "stratovarius" album, which is not good. and why do you hate the 190 BPM type songs for some interesting double bass and a little of fast heart beat, i mean thats not so fast to avoid putting it. we are full of mid-slow tempo songs everywhere

i am no famous guy, just a musician, an ordinary person who plays drums with his life (underground metal, no $$.. for ever), and for hobby work as engineer, and study in university, with a Soul-Body-Mind filosofy and tries to combine the 3 things with the oportunities that my place offers.

i just see the things from the point of view of a Stratovarius fan i've always been, no matter if i play other music style.

all this is because im trying to help you, make you see that you are very different, in a bad way, after that maniac incident, i wish you could become the other Timo Tolkki we all knew, and obviosly Evolved with the time passed. best wishes for your life.

for Timo Kotipelto, Jorg Michael, Lauri Porra, Jens Johansson, i really want to see you guys keep playing together, we want you guys to blow us with some of the Real Stratovarius Music we miss so much, we miss the Accelerated Heart beat of Stratovarius! yeah the double bass JORG!go and put an earthquake!!
we miss the Solo Wars between Keyboards and Guitar, the long sang verses of timo Kotipelto!, the bass solos and solid Leading figures of Lauri, hope to see news soon!
It's a divorce. Of course there are sentiments underneath which will follow each member of the band once you commit yourself to the unit. It's unavoidable. It happens in relationships too. The whole truth is somewhere in the middle, but I don't think any one of the members of Stratovarius unit have no intentions to piss on the fans. Our 'parents' split up but I think most of the fans are already in the agegroup when they have their own families and units. And there will be problems to be solved. And sometimes the problems can't be solved within the family. It's just a constant of life.

The albums are great legacy. I just hope no-one will hire Robert Trujillo to overdub track the bass parts or Mike Bordin to overdub all drum tracks, in case there will be re-releases.

Locked