Revolution Renaissance

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
boswoth
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 am

Revolution Renaissance

Post by boswoth » Mon May 12, 2008 8:04 pm

Tolkki just announced the drummer!

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =393259453

Bruno Agra. It is looking interesting :)

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by valo_666 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:24 pm

the drummer is interesting but the new song "did it my way" is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

User avatar
StragOvariuS
Sr. Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Vittu tätä paskaa

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by StragOvariuS » Mon May 12, 2008 8:34 pm

The song is ok.
Kiske is fucking ANNOYING, damn.
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Mormegil » Mon May 12, 2008 8:49 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:Kiske is fucking ANNOYING, damn.
Image

I'll stop now...

stratowerner
Sr. Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 8:13 pm

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by stratowerner » Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 pm

valo_666 wrote:the drummer is interesting but the new song "did it my way" is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
Very simple mid-tempo rocksong,TT can do much better!!

Demir
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:45 am

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Demir » Mon May 12, 2008 9:14 pm

stratowerner wrote:Very simple mid-tempo rocksong,TT can do much better!!
The song is about Kotipelto and yes fucking boring

"Did it my way " means ripping your old band mates off

what a fucking asshole

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by exe knight » Mon May 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Wtf Дre you people bitchiИg here? :roll:

User avatar
dirge
Sr. Member
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by dirge » Mon May 12, 2008 11:08 pm

Demir wrote:
stratowerner wrote:Very simple mid-tempo rocksong,TT can do much better!!
The song is about Kotipelto and yes fucking boring

"Did it my way " means ripping your old band mates off

what a fucking asshole

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I've not heard it yet, I doubt it will be boring. Anyways...
Nightwish ripped Tarja to pieces with some lyrics on Dark Passion Play, but nobody went off on one about them, so learn to chill out dude. :wink:

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by RazielSR » Mon May 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Boring?....well...for me is not boring. It's a simple song, but very emotional.

I like it. I prefer LNOE, but...

I wanna hear Eden is burning. I love that song.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by valo_666 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:17 pm

When I listen to the song I feel like I've been listening to it since 10 years ago...

User avatar
dirge
Sr. Member
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by dirge » Mon May 12, 2008 11:23 pm

I've just listened to Last night on earth and Did it my way. Thought they were good hard rock songs but nothing special, which reminds me about Kotipelto's last two albums. I thought the idea was to be proper Visions style power metal. This isn't a moan at all btw! Also I thought Kotipelto did LNOE better imo.

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Dave » Mon May 12, 2008 11:27 pm

I like that song.
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
boswoth
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 am

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by boswoth » Tue May 13, 2008 12:19 am

Dave wrote:I like that song.
The song is OK but I cant shake the feeling this whole CD was just made very quickly with hired guns because Tolkki was broke.

From the samples and these two songs, Visions style it is not

User avatar
Dave
Sr. Member
Posts: 16777041
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:57 pm
Location: somewhere under your bed

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Dave » Tue May 13, 2008 1:43 am

I can't stop listening those songs and samples, i think that this is actually first-class-Tolkki-songwriting. Makes me wonder what kind of Stratovarius album that would have been.
Spamming is serious business!

User avatar
Verdades Parias
Sr. Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Entre Ríos, ARGENTINA!!!

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Verdades Parias » Tue May 13, 2008 2:09 am

I don't like the song, too poppy/gay rock, for me thats not part of Stratovarius legacy, anyway it's ok (Just carryyy oooon.... :x :cry: :roll:, similar song, isn't it?). Heroes, Last night on earth and the others are quit good examples of "Visions" songs.

User avatar
StragOvariuS
Sr. Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Vittu tätä paskaa

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by StragOvariuS » Tue May 13, 2008 3:34 am

stratowerner wrote:
valo_666 wrote:the drummer is interesting but the new song "did it my way" is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
Very simple mid-tempo rocksong,TT can do much better!!
So, if was a 8 min prog-metal "opera" would be ok? full of complexes drum fills and impossible guitar solos?
:P

Ah, and btw, Saana is ONLY better than the last Avantasia album...that is a REAL CRAP.
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

User avatar
stratohawk
Sr. Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by stratohawk » Tue May 13, 2008 10:46 am

Dave wrote:I can't stop listening those songs and samples, i think that this is actually first-class-Tolkki-songwriting. Makes me wonder what kind of Stratovarius album that would have been.
Same here.

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by valo_666 » Tue May 13, 2008 3:28 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:
stratowerner wrote:
valo_666 wrote:the drummer is interesting but the new song "did it my way" is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
Very simple mid-tempo rocksong,TT can do much better!!
So, if was a 8 min prog-metal "opera" would be ok? full of complexes drum fills and impossible guitar solos?
:P

Ah, and btw, Saana is ONLY better than the last Avantasia album...that is a REAL CRAP.
Can you compare Mariah Carey and Pantera?

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Mormegil » Tue May 13, 2008 6:16 pm

I really love all RR -songs I've heard.
More guitar-ridden, Judas Priestesque power metal. With Michael-fcking-Kiske. 8)

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by black death » Tue May 13, 2008 8:37 pm

dirge wrote:Also I thought Kotipelto did LNOE better imo.
This Kiske-version is somehow boring :roll:

StratoArwen
Jr. Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 8:39 am

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by StratoArwen » Tue May 13, 2008 8:50 pm

black death wrote:
dirge wrote:Also I thought Kotipelto did LNOE better imo.
This Kiske-version is somehow boring :roll:
Kiske is technically very good. Timo Tolkki obsessed with getting him into Stratovarius already in 2003 when he fired Kotipelto. But Kiskes voice is too polished. there's no drama in it like in Kotipeltos voice. Cant explain it any better.

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Lurdi » Tue May 13, 2008 8:53 pm

We´ll see what happens in a few months. We have also to take into account that there are more songs that have not been released yet, we don´t know how they sound like, but I can´t deny that I would like to listen to the Kotipelto´s versions since he´s got the most wonderful, gorgeous and incredible voice in the whole world. What a pity...

IceBreaker
Sr. Member
Posts: 4718
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:37 pm
Location: Somewhere out from Strato-forum (=Etelä-Kymenlaakso)

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by IceBreaker » Tue May 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Maybe it´s possible to hear some of the demos they made with Strato one day...
"I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely"

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by Lurdi » Tue May 13, 2008 9:11 pm

IceBreaker wrote:Maybe it´s possible to hear some of the demos they made with Strato one day...
Yes, I hope so, at least Timo Tolkki said so...

User avatar
dirge
Sr. Member
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by dirge » Tue May 13, 2008 10:04 pm

black death wrote:
dirge wrote:Also I thought Kotipelto did LNOE better imo.
This Kiske-version is somehow boring :roll:
Thats what I thought but yet I found the live version with koti to be great... I must go back to hear that live version again to make sure I wasn't just like wow it's new strato! :?

User avatar
StragOvariuS
Sr. Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Vittu tätä paskaa

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by StragOvariuS » Tue May 13, 2008 10:07 pm

valo_666 wrote:
StragOvariuS wrote:
stratowerner wrote:
valo_666 wrote:the drummer is interesting but the new song "did it my way" is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
Very simple mid-tempo rocksong,TT can do much better!!
So, if was a 8 min prog-metal "opera" would be ok? full of complexes drum fills and impossible guitar solos?
:P

Ah, and btw, Saana is ONLY better than the last Avantasia album...that is a REAL CRAP.
Can you compare Mariah Carey and Pantera?
wtf? :?
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by RazielSR » Tue May 13, 2008 10:18 pm

But Tolkki said that demos sucks.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by valo_666 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:19 pm

StragOvariuS wrote:
valo_666 wrote:
StragOvariuS wrote:
stratowerner wrote:
valo_666 wrote:the drummer is interesting but the new song "did it my way" is booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring
Very simple mid-tempo rocksong,TT can do much better!!
So, if was a 8 min prog-metal "opera" would be ok? full of complexes drum fills and impossible guitar solos?
:P

Ah, and btw, Saana is ONLY better than the last Avantasia album...that is a REAL CRAP.
Can you compare Mariah Carey and Pantera?
wtf? :?
Same as the Saana-Avatasia comparison...

User avatar
StragOvariuS
Sr. Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Vittu tätä paskaa

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by StragOvariuS » Tue May 13, 2008 10:27 pm

Oh...avantasia shouldnt be a metal/rock-opera?

Ah yes, damn...its "heavy" blow jovi now. :err:
Churrasqueiro Reinassance!!!

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: Revolution Renaissance

Post by valo_666 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:28 am

StragOvariuS wrote:Oh...avantasia shouldnt be a metal/rock-opera?

Ah yes, damn...its "heavy" blow jovi now. :err:
Whatever... where's the metal/rock opera part in Saana? :roll:

Locked