AN EVENING WITH TIMO IN ITALY

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Lurdi
Re: AN EVENING WITH TIMO IN ITALY

Post by Lurdi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:32 pm

icecab21 wrote:poor sound quality of the recordings

this means that you are not hearing the song as played or heard from live

he did not play this with vision divine. olaf plays a little guitar on black diamond but thats all
Sorry, I'm lost. What are u saying? Timo is playing the guitar all the time, don't you see him in the videos?Maybe I misunderstood you, or you me.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 pm

:lol:I was looking around the italian web and found a funny blog from someone called Guiseppo. He was talking about his aunts birtdayparty and I quote him here.

Let me tell you folks that wasn't there about aunt Dotties 90-yearsparty. We the family and friends had gathered att a trattoria close to her home and she generously bid us welcome to a lot of food and wine.

(Here comes a longlong description of what they ate and drank as I exclude.)

A local band played music and a foreign guest, an estonian folksinger named Timo Tolkki was with them. He sang his homelands songs and was popular among the youngsters. They had practiced his songs and all sang in english. The guy could also play the guitarra ond gosh what his rather fat fingers flew over the strings. Almost like birdwings. Of course he missed some notes but he was very fast for a so big man. I remember one song that was called Ranting high and low.

On her way home aunt Dottie claimed that he was the english singer Pol Pott and that he sang "O sole mio" for her and we hadn't the heart to go against her. She is almost deaf and blind and under most of the singing she had her fingers in her ears so we let her believe what she wanted. And for the estonian folksinger it must be nice to be compared with PolPott. In the hole we had a great time and aunt Dottie was very content.

(I have translated it as good as I could and please dont kill the messenger.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Oh my God! Obviously he did not know who he was listening playing the guitar to! An Estonian man! :lol:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Estonian folksingers are cool!
---...---

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm raaaanting high and lowwwww!!! laaaalaaalaaaaalaaaaaaa
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:46 pm

The response was meant for raziel and these people that act as if this was supposed to mean something other than a group of guys having fun. this performance was done with a non professional cover band for fun and without serious group practice.
I’m saying that the audio quality on those videos is awful and is distorting the sound on the instruments and vocals. This does not give an accurate portrayal of the sound as the notes get distorted from their actually sound. The mixing on the recording also prevents an accurate portrayal of the music and therefore the performance cannot be accurately judged by the videos. I can post some really distorted kotipelto band performances if this comparison needs to be made.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:04 pm

:lol: We understand perfectly Icelorry. What is the matter with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:10 pm

:D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Some Estonian proverbs: - Beauty does not fill your tummy.
- Make fun of the man, not of his hat.
- You shall have as good as you bring.
- Man is after money, but money is after his soul.
- Don't put off today's work till tomorrow.
- The mouth is the interpreter for the heart.
- Where there's work, there's bread

What Estonians compare things with:
- As moody as the April weather.
- As big as a horse.
- As cold as a wolf's stable.
- As fierce as the juniper's flames.
- As unexpected as a bang from the broom handle.
- As fitting as a saddle on a pig.
- To sleep like a sack.
- Stupid as a table leg.

http://www.balticsworldwide.com/misconc ... _intro.htm

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:27 pm

:lol: How are you Iceauto?Properly?You havent answered my question :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 pm

Well, at least they did not sound this bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

:D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:55 pm

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:28 pm

Estonians are not to thrust.
A beutiful girl need never go with an empty tummy.
We make fun of a special man both with and without his hat.

Have as good you want to bring.
Some man-no names-are after money and has already sold his soul to ¨mammon.
It would sometimes be much better if you put up your stupid decisions to next year.
The mouth talkes rubbish whenever some persons open it.
Stupid, you can't find bread where you are working, if you are not in a bakery.
After the big weatherrevolution there is moodyweather all over the world everyday.
There are smal ponnies as well.
Warwolfstabels are hot in full moon.
Junipears flames has gone out of fashion.
Broom handle don't I know what it is.
A pig is a pig and the sadle can be eaten(not funny)
A sack can't sleep, it can only be filld with bread and money.
Everyone knows that a tableleg is more stupid than a chairleg.
So that was that about your estonian proverbs :lol: :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:12 pm

icecab21 wrote:tiny tim kicks ass
:lol: The only thing Tiny Tim ever kicked was "the bucket"!

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:36 am

I'm just saying what I see. Seems a karaoke or something and I thought that these gigs were made to help Vision Divine to increase their popularity.

I entered to Vision Divine's myspace and I have listened some songs, and I don't like how the band sounds, thats all. The same with Kotipelto band (what you referred to).

The same video with Full HD 1080 quality will make me think the same.

I understand that they are having fun and I like to see Tolkki having fun, I like to see Tolkki playing. That's the only positive for me in that gigs.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:48 am

everyone has their preverences i guess, i just dont think that not liking something has anything to do with a quality judgement. from listaning to their songs it's easy to see vision divine was not a part of these concerts.

heres vision divine singer fabio lione jamming with Wild Roads. and of course there are the rhapsody of fire vids and all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePG_bcpf7S4 future world

heres a live one with vision divine and ex singer Michele Luppi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLdnDbTE ... re=related

here is a vision divine blog

"So,here we are.
the 3rd day has quickly gone.
Timo is really kicking our asses in order to get the best out from each one of us and we are all giving our best in order to make him happy ( assuming it's possible to make him completely happy).
We spent the first 2 days doing a heavy pre-production, and finally today it was time to start recording drums,at last!
It's a long way to go, but there is a good feeling all around: the whole band is spending full days together, closed in a studio...this is a new itself,ahah!
Well, there is not much else to say so far, but as we already said in other posts, you can espect something "new" from this album:we are sure it will be striking you.
Oh, yes,a last thing: the studio is haunted, and strange things are happening,but we all took it in a good way,as they look like good signs.
We will try to post some more new in the next days, if Timo won't kill us before :)
To all of you who are having their well deserved holidays: we envy you...if you have time think about us every now and then. We are poor metal heads melting under the sun of August...
Stay Divine.

PS: you can find some photos taken from these first days in our picture session.

PPS: we just forgot to specify (for those who might think that being tired after "only" 3 days could be too much) that we had a heavy weekend: first we had to fly to the South of Italy for playing at "Agglutination Festival", then - after having been stuck for about 6 hours in Rome due to a delay with airplanes (as usual when you fly with Alitalia) we finally arrived home, were Olaf just picked up Timo and drove straight to the studios where the whole band started immediately working to the new songs.
Basically, we are not resting since one week...argh!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Timo is really kicking our asses in order to get the best out from each one of us and we are all giving our best in order to make him happy ( assuming it's possible to make him completely happy).
So, TT is back to his old self! Good for him. Great that he is feeling better&is well!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:14 pm

:lol: Sorry BEG I couldnt care less 8) 8)

COUGAR

Post by COUGAR » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Stratowarius wrote::lol: Sorry BEG I couldnt care less 8) 8)
I think she was being a little sarcastic. :lol:
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and "if onlys".

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:22 pm

COUGAR wrote:
Stratowarius wrote::lol: Sorry BEG I couldnt care less 8) 8)
I think she was being a little sarcastic. :lol:
In a way, because TT always had the reputation of being "bossy"&overbearing with his bandmates. You know, when that kind of treatment to others is overdone in any area of life, people eventually get fed up with it.
But, the shows did really sound like alot of fun, so I guess they were a success. ???

Demir

Post by Demir » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:23 pm

icecab21 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuDVsPJcR44

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOPM61q9KUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaLFBTUNndE

really poor sound quality of the recordings but this is what i found so far
Oh my god... this is so fucking bad. This is what Tolkki spends his time doing after ruining stratovarius?? He looks in bad shape

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:17 pm

nefertari wrote:
Stratowarius wrote::cry: Can this be the future???Good help us then :cry:

:? :?
At least TK, JJ,JM and LP and their band sounds like "Stratovarius" ....
Well, as long as TT is happy(and catered to) there is going to be peace in the valley for everybody, so its OK. ;)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:30 am

I'd like to say: "WOW! What a great videos and live performance!"

But I just can say: "Damn, what a shit. Sorry."

I just can't understand how something great called Stratovarius has turned in all that strange/ridiculous situations.

OK, Tolkki is having a lot of fun and that's ok and great, but............. :err: :err: :err: :err:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:47 pm

:wink: Do you really think he has that fun? I think he more screeches his teeth when he wonders what will happen when "the others"present their new music. He will sail in backwater and miss the big attention he allways seeks. Poor mr Tolkki he has made a bad bed to sleep in :wink:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:25 pm

what's is so off about the performances? lets see a rating system for thse non quality audio videos and the performers.
drum
bass
guitar
tolkki guitar
keyboards
vocals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAtJ3_IcBc
here is a tk performance that got on their dvd somehow

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Icecab, the singer does not transmit anything, damn seems a Karaoke as I said to Tolkki, I don't like the way he sings, Tolkki is perfect as always (a little lost between this band, but...).

The drums sounds like a metal sheet, the bass sounds bad too, the keyboard is the only component I find interesting.

That is an amateur band and I thought that band was better. Seems to me a garage band, as when somebody is playing with his friends to see what happens.

That band hasn't got any remarkable.

I understand Tolkki is producing that band, and I wish the best to Vision Divine (seriously) but I just can't understand how can somebody see something remarkable or good in that live performances.

And forget the idea of the sound or video quality. As I said, if I see the same recorded in Full HD 1080 or in Blu-Ray I will think the same.

And when you compare that video from Visions DVD, hey that's not the same. You can see there an AMAZING singer, an AMAZING keyboardist, an AMAZING guitar player, an AMAZING drumer and an AMAZING bass player.
In the worst possible video quality about Stratovarius you will always see that talent.

Because they were and always will be AMAZING artist.

And Vision Divine is as many other bands nowadays, you know... nowadays everybody can sing and play instruments...but; you can play an instrument or destroy an instrument (while playing) ; or sing a song or spit a song.

IMO all this gigs are DESTROYING Stratovarius songs.

Once again, is my opinion.

Stratowarius, Tolkki said he is having fun in that gigs, I don't know if it's true or not, I just know what he said.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:57 pm

:lol: :lol: Are you a little bit deaf Iceautocar? Or is it that you have decided to be a knight in shining armament, even if it cost you your reputation :roll:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Raziel SR! Mr Tolkki says a lot of things but we can't be sure it is the truth. Can it be more fun to play with those amateurs than with his old professional friends. I doubt it strongly :cry:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:36 pm

this is not vision divine and has nothing to do with any member of vision divine.

Timo tolkki
pier gonella guitar
antonio cannoletta vocals
leo villani bass
tommy delfino keyboards
simone merlenghi drums

vs vision divine band of

Fabio Lione - Vocals
Olaf Thörsen - Guitar
Cristiano Bertocchi - Bass
Federico Puleri - Guitar
Alessio "Tom" Lucatti - Keyboard
Alessandro "Bix" Bissa - Drums

the tones being bad is a lot different from playing that sucks and is technicly sloppy with a lot of misnotes and off rythem. a lot of the tones come from the mix and the audio recording.

and apart from this its just a 2 two show one off thing not done without practice and people that don't normaly play together