RR leaves Frontier Records

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
browneyedgirl
RR leaves Frontier Records

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 1:03 pm

http://www.myspace.com/revolutionrenaissance

I thought there was a contract involved? ???
Oh, well. Wonder who will be the lucky label?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratowarius

Re: RR leaves Frontier Records

Post by Stratowarius » Wed May 28, 2008 1:34 pm

:)Lucky Label :?: :?: :?:

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Wed May 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Em, that's good. I don't like Frontiers, either. :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Stratowarius wrote::)Lucky Label :?: :?: :?:
I guess time will tell. A good label can actually enhance a band's career, a bad label........well, you can understand why smart musicians want to be very careful of who they deal with. And, vice versa, of course!

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Raven

Post by Raven » Wed May 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Wow, I'm really suprised... :lol:

How is this possible that these weird things happen ALWAYS to the same man?

And it's ALWAYS some other ones fault.

By the way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism ... chology%29

"Mirror never tells a lie
The truth is always there
You can see it right before your eyes
It's the one you'll have to bare"

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed May 28, 2008 6:54 pm

I think RR and Stratovarius should both return to Nuclear Blast. If I was in a successful symphonic/power/melodic/ metal band, that's where I'd want to be.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed May 28, 2008 7:03 pm

I only have questions and now I want to know why Strato left Nuclear Blast. Didnt mr Tolkki brag about all the money he got when they left...Or were that company also"interesting"??? :?

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed May 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Rebel wrote:I think RR and Stratovarius should both return to Nuclear Blast. If I was in a successful symphonic/power/melodic/ metal band, that's where I'd want to be.
It's difficult to know.

Many people think it's all as simple as being signed to a big label, but trust me it never is.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 7:17 pm

Stratowarius wrote::) :?: :?: :?: Many questionmarks here.Are we talking about the same "smart musician" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Well, first he had "outs" with Frontiers. Then, he reached an agreement with them&seemed to be on good terms. Then, :err: bang, boom! He has changed his mind once again. So, maybe he'll find one and stick with it. He seems to change labels as often as Liz Taylor changes husbands! :lol:

dirge

Post by dirge » Wed May 28, 2008 7:20 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Stratowarius wrote::) :?: :?: :?: Many questionmarks here.Are we talking about the same "smart musician" :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Well, first he had "outs" with Frontiers. Then, he reached an agreement with them&seemed to be on good terms. Then, :err: bang, boom! He has changed his mind once again. So, maybe he'll find one and stick with it. He seems to change labels as often as Liz Taylor changes husbands! :lol:
:lol: Good one BEG!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed May 28, 2008 7:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: great browneyedgirl :lol: :lol: :lol: There is so much to laugh at here and mr Tolkki is a real funmaker :lol: :lol:

Demir

Post by Demir » Wed May 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Tolkki broke up Stratovarius to alone get money and start this R.R. stratocoverband on Frontiers .

Then Frontiers fire them.

what unbelievable idiot.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 7:27 pm

Raven wrote:Wow, I'm really suprised... :lol:

By the way:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism ... chology%29

"Mirror never tells a lie
The truth is always there
You can see it right before your eyes
It's the one you'll have to bare"
You can do that when you are an idolized celeb. Just watch everyone rush to his defense&yet, call themselves unbiased. On the RR Forum the other 4 StratoGuys get "criticized" like you would not believe&nobody jumps to their aid. ??? ;)
Someone indirectly involved in Stratovarius was referred to by TT as "Yoko Ono". And, THAT was mild. :err:

@Dirge, I could not resist. :lol:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed May 28, 2008 7:42 pm

I would never go near that RR-forum. I will not risk to vomit over my computer :P :P :P :P

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed May 28, 2008 8:58 pm

This album is more of a Stratovarius best-of than a RR Album. Listening it I got the weirdest feeling that I have been hearing this album for years:

Heroes: Against the wind solo... copy paste from the 4th dimension mixes? lol :lol:
We are magic: Are the guitars recorded or borrowed from Paradise recordings? again copy paste? that's not good! :lol:
Angel: Beefore the winteeeer... why make it so similar? Are you trying to make a cheap Visions rip-off? It seems like that to me...
Eden is burning: what can we insert in the end... ok copying some Season of change or Coming Home won't hurt
Keep the flame: Wasn't Mr.Kiske feeling a familiar feeling in the recording of this song? bloody "A tale that wasn't right rip off" .
Last night on earth: We are fooorever free...
Revolution renaissance: Soul of a vagabond without the top notch production equal boooooring copy.

I'm sorry Timo I've been the greatest Stratovarius fan but you aren't going to make us, this is too much...

brunodargor

Post by brunodargor » Wed May 28, 2008 10:20 pm

Raven wrote:Wow, I'm really suprised... :lol:

Hummm, I have to confess Raven, this same question came to my mind. :roll:
I couldn't help it... :roll:

When I read the first post I wondered: "Man, no! Again?" :?

I would wish Tolkki even a little of luck when making his choices in the future. :roll:

Let's just hope this one will not last any longer... :?

:wink:

flyingdistantskies

Post by flyingdistantskies » Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 pm

valo_666 wrote:This album is more of a Stratovarius best-of than a RR Album. Listening it I got the weirdest feeling that I have been hearing this album for years:

Heroes: Against the wind solo... copy paste from the 4th dimension mixes? lol :lol:
We are magic: Are the guitars recorded or borrowed from Paradise recordings? again copy paste? that's not good! :lol:
Angel: Beefore the winteeeer... why make it so similar? Are you trying to make a cheap Visions rip-off? It seems like that to me...
Eden is burning: what can we insert in the end... ok copying some Season of change or Coming Home won't hurt
Keep the flame: Wasn't Mr.Kiske feeling a familiar feeling in the recording of this song? bloody "A tale that wasn't right rip off" .
Last night on earth: We are fooorever free...
Revolution renaissance: Soul of a vagabond without the top notch production equal boooooring copy.

I'm sorry Timo I've been the greatest Stratovarius fan but you aren't going to make us, this is too much...

you are completely right valo . I had the same feeling hearing RR album. this a "cut and paste best of" album.
It's sad

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu May 29, 2008 2:32 pm

This is what TT said about the situation, from RR forum.
Sorry I cannot post the link. Unless you are a member there you cannot read the forum. So, I had to copy&paste his reply.

"It was such a nightmare...EXTREMELY chaotic and disorganized label. Promotion is a joke. They have never done any promotours with any of their artists. So I used a couple of tricks I have learned during my career and now we are free. Let's see which label we choose, but like I said, I am already working on the new songs and we will enter the studios in a few months. This time there WILL be a lot of exclusives from the studio and in few months also official web site."

Direct quote from TT.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Thu May 29, 2008 4:27 pm

valo_666 wrote:Keep the flame: Wasn't Mr.Kiske feeling a familiar feeling in the recording of this song? bloody "A tale that wasn't right rip off" .
O'rly? I thought Papillon also was A Tale That Wasn't Right rip-off. :?

Seriously, someone who actually appreciates more toned-down melodic metal (old Queensrÿche, old Helloween, Dio, Dio-era Rainbow) tell me:
Is it really that bad, or are all the haters just those who think music is bad just because there isn't 500 different keyboard-tracks on every song and every melody isn't harmonised?

brunodargor

Post by brunodargor » Thu May 29, 2008 4:38 pm

In fact, it wouldn't be fair to call New Era a bad album... :roll:

I have 4 favourite songs on it: Heroes, I Did It My Way, Last Night On Earth and Revolution Renaissance.

And I'm pretty sure they would be classics if they were all sung by Kotipelto and played by the "remaning Stratovarius members". 8)

However, the other songs let me down a little bit... :?

But that usually happens everytime you have high expectations on something... :roll:

Peace.

StratoArwen

Post by StratoArwen » Thu May 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Mormegil wrote: Seriously, someone who actually appreciates more toned-down melodic metal (old Queensrÿche, old Helloween, Dio, Dio-era Rainbow) tell me:
Is it really that bad, or are all the haters just those who think music is bad just because there isn't 500 different keyboard-tracks on every song and every melody isn't harmonised?
New Era was done in a hurry for money with hired guns and as a rip off with a knife in the back of Stratovarius. Knowing the truth about it makes it hard to feel good listening to this album.

Even didnt I know this I could hear something is wrong. Tolkki's songs are not bad maybe its a similar to other of his songs, i dont know this.

But so much is missing like the feeling and the drama as esp without Kotipelto RR sounds like thousand other power metal bands .

I dont believe for a second Tolkki "chooses" to be free from Frontiers

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Thu May 29, 2008 8:10 pm

valo_666 wrote:Keep the flame: Wasn't Mr.Kiske feeling a familiar feeling in the recording of this song? bloody "A tale that wasn't right rip off" .
first of all, this song is called "keep the flame alive".
everybody thinks of "a tale that wasn't right" the first time they listen to it :lol:
and that's because of the "in my heart, in my soul" line, same lyrics, same Kiske. BUT actually Kiske sounds very different in those two songs. like a man in his 20s and 40s. KTFA is a quiet and deep song.

i'm not suprised that people found so many similarities between songs, i mean, we only have limited number of notes to build a melody, and 26 letters to write lyrics. if you spent 10 years mostly listen to one kind of music, say, power metal or melodic metal or whatever metal you've labeled it, and most of the songs are talking about the same topic, you should be used to that. if you are not yet tired of the dragons and swords, be more tolerant with TT too. :)
i don't mind copy and paste, as a programmer i spent half of my life copying and pasting (Ooops...). catchy melodies, solos, techniques,mastering, they are like building blocks. if someone builds an Eiffel tower with LEGO, the next day breaks it and uses the same pieces to build a pyramid, i call both of them arts.
the beauty in copy&paste is to know WHAT to copy and WHERE to paste :lol:
besides, I don't think New Era is bad. there are parts that are quite touching, so I like it.

seriously, i wonder why all the TT topics need to be in this section. i was about to say "do people feel like they want a public place to blame TT or something", then i suddenly found that this section is called "Stratovarius AND RELATED BANDS talk in English" now. when did that happen :?:
so now i wonder what is the definition of "related bands"...
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++