EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked
User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:37 am

I understood the R.R. agreement between Tolkki and Frontiers had a clause which said essentially "there is to be no Stratovarius activity during the Revolution Renaissance marketing period".

Setting aside any copyright issues for a second, I just wanted to point out the somewhat absurd situation where BOTH parties to that agreement now seem to cooperate to breach a clause of it.

It's a bit comical, just when I thought I was so old I had seen everything.... :lol:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

SMARTASS KNOWITALL FROM RR FORUM

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 am

Who seems to claim to know everything. Who is this sucker?




SMARTASS KNOWITALL


Timo,
After reading all your statements and posts, all of Jens posts etc, i think that i have an opinion based in common sense. And this "common sense" leads here:
FOR STRATOVARIUS:
if a problem is a person (in our example, TK and JM), then solve this problem and don't destroy everything. Problems are created by people, not by situations. Strato was your band. You had problem with two members. So, what's more simple than firing those 2 members, take new ones and continue your band? Simple, logical and ordinary situation. Of course if you did that, you also would receive some hate from Kotipelto fans etc, (just as Weikath had when he fired Kiske or Hansen), but at the end of the day the situation would be much simpler and healthier than the current one.
The problem begun when thoughts like "Stratovarius can't exist without Kotipelto,Michael and bla-bla-bla' begun. It's like telling that "Helloween won't exist without Hansen" etc, when reality proves that they exist, especially when new members bring fresh air in a band. You should understand that always, even if you are 100%right and others 100% wrong there will be people with hate that will speak bad about you. That's life. You can't take band/business decisions based on what's good and wrong in a spiritual way, because bands and music industry doesn't work that way, and you know that better than me. You are very brave and generous and you acted like that, but as you see, some people understand you, and others not. There is no a perfect situation where everyone will support you, no matter how generous you'll be.
FOR STRATO-FORUM:
Even Stratovarius, a band that all the world knew that was your band, has fans that think that Strato can exist without you. this thing proves that people's thoughts sometimes are unfair. Well, you should live with that, because we don't live in a perfect world. Now you try to prove that you don't deserve all the blame alone, but as more you try to prove that, that more some "fans" want to insult you. All things that you live during the last days prove one thing: no matter how you act (bad or good, generous or not etc), no matter which are your decisions, there will be always people with false (how else to describe an opinion of a person that wants to listen to Tolkki's band without Tolkki inside) opinions that want to insult and offend you. Probably most people on Stratoforum who insult you are not even Stratovarius fans or they have never bought any album. More probably, most of them never liked Strato and now they are making fun by taking sides and speak bad about you. If you are "touched" by someones' music then you can't insult him. You can disagree with him but you will never insult him. So, don't waste your time with these people. By answering to them you make them much more important than they are.
CONCLUSION:
At the end of the day, all the problem now is that with STRATOVARIUS a basic logical rule is broken: you left YOUR band. This is not happening nowhere. It never happend in music industry before and probably it will never happen again. Steve Harris never left Maiden because of Dickinson. Weikath never left Helloween because of Grapow or Kusch, not even because of Hansen who was his co-songwriter. Malmsteen never left Rising Force because of Edman. Schaffer never left Iced Earth because of Barlow.Tolkki never left Stratovarius because of Kotip...oops... actually that happened. And it's wrong.


WOW! This person is a professor of philosophy!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:28 am

JensJohansson wrote:I understood the R.R. agreement between Tolkki and Frontiers had a clause which said essentially "there is to be no Stratovarius activity during the Revolution Renaissance marketing period".

Setting aside any copyright issues for a second, I just wanted to point out the somewhat absurd situation where BOTH parties to that agreement now seem to cooperate to breach a clause of it.

It's a bit comical, just when I thought I was so old I had seen everything.... :lol:
No, the clause simply says "there cannot be now new Stratovarius studio album while RR exists". They were just scared that I put Strato back together and wanted to prevent that with that clause. ANd since I at that time had the rights and the band was over...no problem.

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: SMARTASS KNOWITALL FROM RR FORUM

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:32 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Who seems to claim to know everything. Who is this sucker?




SMARTASS KNOWITALL


Timo,
After reading all your statements and posts, all of Jens posts etc, i think that i have an opinion based in common sense. And this "common sense" leads here:
FOR STRATOVARIUS:
if a problem is a person (in our example, TK and JM), then solve this problem and don't destroy everything. Problems are created by people, not by situations. Strato was your band. You had problem with two members. So, what's more simple than firing those 2 members, take new ones and continue your band? Simple, logical and ordinary situation. Of course if you did that, you also would receive some hate from Kotipelto fans etc, (just as Weikath had when he fired Kiske or Hansen), but at the end of the day the situation would be much simpler and healthier than the current one.
The problem begun when thoughts like "Stratovarius can't exist without Kotipelto,Michael and bla-bla-bla' begun. It's like telling that "Helloween won't exist without Hansen" etc, when reality proves that they exist, especially when new members bring fresh air in a band. You should understand that always, even if you are 100%right and others 100% wrong there will be people with hate that will speak bad about you. That's life. You can't take band/business decisions based on what's good and wrong in a spiritual way, because bands and music industry doesn't work that way, and you know that better than me. You are very brave and generous and you acted like that, but as you see, some people understand you, and others not. There is no a perfect situation where everyone will support you, no matter how generous you'll be.
FOR STRATO-FORUM:
Even Stratovarius, a band that all the world knew that was your band, has fans that think that Strato can exist without you. this thing proves that people's thoughts sometimes are unfair. Well, you should live with that, because we don't live in a perfect world. Now you try to prove that you don't deserve all the blame alone, but as more you try to prove that, that more some "fans" want to insult you. All things that you live during the last days prove one thing: no matter how you act (bad or good, generous or not etc), no matter which are your decisions, there will be always people with false (how else to describe an opinion of a person that wants to listen to Tolkki's band without Tolkki inside) opinions that want to insult and offend you. Probably most people on Stratoforum who insult you are not even Stratovarius fans or they have never bought any album. More probably, most of them never liked Strato and now they are making fun by taking sides and speak bad about you. If you are "touched" by someones' music then you can't insult him. You can disagree with him but you will never insult him. So, don't waste your time with these people. By answering to them you make them much more important than they are.
CONCLUSION:
At the end of the day, all the problem now is that with STRATOVARIUS a basic logical rule is broken: you left YOUR band. This is not happening nowhere. It never happend in music industry before and probably it will never happen again. Steve Harris never left Maiden because of Dickinson. Weikath never left Helloween because of Grapow or Kusch, not even because of Hansen who was his co-songwriter. Malmsteen never left Rising Force because of Edman. Schaffer never left Iced Earth because of Barlow.Tolkki never left Stratovarius because of Kotip...oops... actually that happened. And it's wrong.


WOW! This person is a professor of philosophy!
Well if I gave away my income from even the albums where the guys are not even playing and the rights to the name then of course for me its a possibility that they continue as Strato. But to me it would be wrong.
Your way of thinking is to twist it backwards. You seem to think it would have been better to fire Kotipelto and Jörg. I thought it would be wrong towards the fans. But at the same time when I think Strato cannot exist without them, I naturally think Strato cannot exist without me either.

Stratobanger
Sr. Member
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:01 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Stratobanger » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:46 am

They should just call it Jensovarius or something like that...

And well...one thing is true...Tolkki surely has guts to continue coming here...I mean, still dedicating time to respond...but well...probably just the first months...sooner or later this will calm down and settle.

Anyway Timo, you're still the reason I got into guitar playing and Strato's the reason I got into Metal...

So...thank you for that...

You should just try to dialogue like grown-ups in order not to affect either RR or Stratowhateverthenamemaybe

And...I suppose that you might even end up in amicable terms


See you in the reunion tour...10 years from now

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 am

Stratobanger wrote:They should just call it Jensovarius or something like that...

And well...one thing is true...Tolkki surely has guts to continue coming here...I mean, still dedicating time to respond...but well...probably just the first months...sooner or later this will calm down and settle.

Anyway Timo, you're still the reason I got into guitar playing and Strato's the reason I got into Metal...

So...thank you for that...

You should just try to dialogue like grown-ups in order not to affect either RR or Stratowhateverthenamemaybe

And...I suppose that you might even end up in amicable terms


See you in the reunion tour...10 years from now
Stratofarcius would be better. 10 years from now I am 52 and I dont envision 55 year Jörg Michael playing Find your own voice.
Nah, I will be in me library with a good book and cup of cocoa and remember my scrapbook of madness...

Stratobanger
Sr. Member
Posts: 551
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:01 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Stratobanger » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:53 am

TimoTolkki wrote:
Stratobanger wrote:They should just call it Jensovarius or something like that...

And well...one thing is true...Tolkki surely has guts to continue coming here...I mean, still dedicating time to respond...but well...probably just the first months...sooner or later this will calm down and settle.

Anyway Timo, you're still the reason I got into guitar playing and Strato's the reason I got into Metal...

So...thank you for that...

You should just try to dialogue like grown-ups in order not to affect either RR or Stratowhateverthenamemaybe

And...I suppose that you might even end up in amicable terms


See you in the reunion tour...10 years from now
Stratofarcius would be better. 10 years from now I am 52 and I dont envision 55 year Jörg Michael playing Find your own voice.
Nah, I will be in me library with a good book and cup of cocoa and remember my scrapbook of madness...


Oh c'mon! XD

The rolling stones still can play and they're like 81634391 years old...

well...truth is the tempo is quite different :P

So...let's make it what? 6, 7 years?

You know you'd like to say goodbye just for the old times, don't you?

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:39 am

TimoTolkki wrote:no problem
I imagine Frontiers must be pretty happy with the complete absence of any problems whatsoever :lol:

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 am

legally talking, they (frontiers) don't find it funny that the "there will be NO more stratovarius" changed to "there CAN be more stratovarius, just i will not be in it" thanks to a little wave of rights...

so like JJ said, they (frontiers) are ******* TT by releasing the demos, so i can only think they are taking advantage of what they can before the end of summer, now that theres no more contract...

on a little side note, not all the demo songs are better than the actual promo RR, like JJ said, its a good album, and c'mon, kyske is great in RR (the song XD) and could have been a great add to the band... i think that the last night on earth song is one of the songs that are better in demo...

if this album ended being a strato album, it could have been the so called new "visions"

IF...

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by icecab21 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 am

i just wish the "if i fornicate in moonlight" and "i might copulate in sunlight" parts were kept. i think all signers should sing that. best lines ever

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:42 am

I have come to the conclusion that all this is a big shit.

Image
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:58 am

RazielSR wrote:I have come to the conclusion that all this is a big shit.

Image
nay, it is called lawyers work...

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:06 am

Hey Wacho, do you remember things like this?

Image

I thought that was true. Now I know it was all a complete lie.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 am

JensJohansson wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:no problem
I imagine Frontiers must be pretty happy with the complete absence of any problems whatsoever :lol:
No problem to add that clause for me. I was just correcting your wrong wording. I don't think THEY have problems with RR, on the contrary, the way their business is set, it seems to be a label that's policy is to make projects.
On the contrary what they told me. So they will make good money with me, Kiske and Sammett and my songs.

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 am

bonitos recuerdos cuando los vi en el elements tour...
--------------------------------------------------------------
nice memories...but you know what?, there's nothing that can't be repaired, except death itself...

and you know something else?, they had has a great album on their hands for a couple of years -a perfect album i must say- and it got ruined for some personal fights...fights that maybe couldn't been avoided, but that could have been repaired by actually talking instead of keeping the problems in their heads only...

so, why not actually resolve this...there are 2 good ways, and they both lead to something happy...repair their own personal problems in private and come again to all of us, their fans, like the metal band we know for years...or just end all of this lawyers shit and go separate ways waving a well good bye each other....

either way, we are going to follow you all...

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:36 am

MikeWacho wrote:bonitos recuerdos cuando los vi en el elements tour...
--------------------------------------------------------------
nice memories...but you know what?, there's nothing that can't be repaired, except death itself...

and you know something else?, they had has a great album on their hands for a couple of years -a perfect album i must say- and it got ruined for some personal fights...fights that maybe couldn't been avoided, but that could have been repaired by actually talking instead of keeping the problems in their heads only...

so, why not actually resolve this...there are 2 good ways, and they both lead to something happy...repair their own personal problems in private and come again to all of us, their fans, like the metal band we know for years...or just end all of this lawyers shit and go separate ways waving a well good bye each other....

either way, we are going to follow you all...
Estas en lo cierto, lo malo esque ellos mismos no paran la situación tan dramática, ridícula y denigrante que se está viviendo. Como dijo Sofocles, "No hay mayor mentira que la verdad mal entendida".
--------------
You r right, the main problem is that seems they don't want to stop this dramatic, ridiculous and degrading situation we are living. As Sophocles said,
"There is no major lie than the truth badly understood"
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:38 am

MikeWacho wrote:bonitos recuerdos cuando los vi en el elements tour...
--------------------------------------------------------------
nice memories...but you know what?, there's nothing that can't be repaired, except death itself...

and you know something else?, they had has a great album on their hands for a couple of years -a perfect album i must say- and it got ruined for some personal fights...fights that maybe couldn't been avoided, but that could have been repaired by actually talking instead of keeping the problems in their heads only...

so, why not actually resolve this...there are 2 good ways, and they both lead to something happy...repair their own personal problems in private and come again to all of us, their fans, like the metal band we know for years...or just end all of this lawyers shit and go separate ways waving a well good bye each other....

either way, we are going to follow you all...
I have often already compared this to a very difficult divorce. Anybody who has gone through that knows that talking is impossible.
I have explained my views what led to this in my statements you find at www.timotolkki.com. They are clear and understandable if you take the time.
Life has its seasons and everything changes. Time has come to move on to the next chapter. To quote someone wise: "it's just a fucking rock band".

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:57 am

thanks for replying Timo, yes i have read them all (completely) before actually creating my new account, 'cause the last one was dead for so much time of inactivity, but hey, it's free to dream isn't it? and i know is just not possible a reconciliation, but hey, my second option is the one you all want to achieve isn't it?

just a well good bye and godspeed, to the members and that's it...

yes i have heard the promo and stumbled in the leaked demos, great music, and i couldn't spect less as a fan of your songs (and the entire band)...

so like i said in another thread...hope you get that sign with SPV (and maybe some more little comebacks with kiske XD) cause we're just waiting your new work, and the works of JJ and the band also...(and we here in mexico-monterrey wants to see you with the RR band, and the new band of the group here someday)

PD: seriously, i can see JJ is still your friend and is trying to talk to you, he's the only one responding to you...he just doesn't have the same opinion as you, and believe me, real friends are actually the ones that stand in front of you in disagreement and try to talk to you, only hypocrites can say "you're right" always without trying to talk about the flaws or the weak points face to face...

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:36 am

MikeWacho wrote:thanks for replying Timo, yes i have read them all (completely) before actually creating my new account, 'cause the last one was dead for so much time of inactivity, but hey, it's free to dream isn't it? and i know is just not possible a reconciliation, but hey, my second option is the one you all want to achieve isn't it?

just a well good bye and godspeed, to the members and that's it...

yes i have heard the promo and stumbled in the leaked demos, great music, and i couldn't spect less as a fan of your songs (and the entire band)...

so like i said in another thread...hope you get that sign with SPV (and maybe some more little comebacks with kiske XD) cause we're just waiting your new work, and the works of JJ and the band also...(and we here in mexico-monterrey wants to see you with the RR band, and the new band of the group here someday)

PD: seriously, i can see JJ is still your friend and is trying to talk to you, he's the only one responding to you...he just doesn't have the same opinion as you, and believe me, real friends are actually the ones that stand in front of you in disagreement and try to talk to you, only hypocrites can say "you're right" always without trying to talk about the flaws or the weak points face to face...
Yes, but real friends dont pretend 6 months to be your friends and then call you greedy narcistic Faust. Right?

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:45 am

TimoTolkki wrote: Yes, but real friends dont pretend 6 months to be your friends and then call you greedy narcistic Faust. Right?
only when they are pissed off (ohh if i know that), at least he have the generosity -or the morality- to show himself and respond, who else does it? (and also adds that the RR album sounds great to himself)

at least if you think he's not your friend, he's civilized more than enough to talk in a good way even if he's pissed off like the rest of the band...and it seems like he's more pissed of for the work-time lost than the actual money lost...

this is starting to see like a common users debate, i don't know if this is good or bad, but at least it show the personal side of both of you, i feel like in my forums with my colleagues and mods talking (and the usuals shit-flinging monkey trolls users...), certainly this TT and JJ acts in the forums is something that i respect...

thanks for joining us like users and talk in the forums like this...

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:50 am

TimoTolkki wrote: Yes, but real friends dont pretend 6 months to be your friends and then call you greedy narcistic Faust. Right?
Well Tolkki, sometimes things like this happens. Have you ever called somebody something bad and then you realize that was not good and you try to "fix" the situation? What I can see is that you (scandinavians I mean) don't talk about the problems.I see it here in the forum, and I see it in you. And I see it in the scandinavian people I know. I'm spanish, and I can tell you latin people is a lot more impulsive. This is not always good, but sometimes it helps, you know?

And when we have a problem, maybe we start a fistfight, but then we are really good friends. It's just heart, the problem is when you don't say anything, when you don't talk about the real problem and you stay quiet. Then the problem becomes a big problem... Here in spain we say: "quien calla otorga" I think in english is "silence speaks volumes". And sometimes, when you do this, the guy in front of you thinks he is doing the right thing.

I don't mean we/you must use violence to fix a problem, I'm just saying we are humans and we have blood in our veins.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:00 pm

RazielSR wrote:I'm spanish, and I can tell you latin people is a lot more impulsive. This is not always good, but sometimes it helps, you know?
nah, solo tomamos al toro por los cuernos XD, aunque es solo por regiones, en otras ciudades de aqui son demasiado arrogantes y no hacen eso XD, pero cometen el error de ignorar
-----------------------------------------------------
nay, we just take the bull by the horns must of the time, but friends are like family to us, and like in must of the families, there are always fights...and like in my family, really hard ones....

one just get along and fix the problem or say good bye... and like TT said, te decision has already been taken...

well, like George Harrison's song...and life goes on within you and without you...

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:04 pm

MikeWacho wrote:
RazielSR wrote:I'm spanish, and I can tell you latin people is a lot more impulsive. This is not always good, but sometimes it helps, you know?
nah, solo tomamos al toro por los cuernos XD, aunque es solo por regiones, en otras ciudades de aqui son demasiado arrogantes y no hacen eso XD, pero cometen el error de ignorar
-----------------------------------------------------
nay, we just take the bull by the horns must of the time, but friends are like family to us, and like in must of the families, there are always fights...and like in my family, really hard ones....

one just get along and fix the problem or say good bye... and like TT said, te decision has already been taken...
But they didn't talk about the real problems (they say it in many interviews) and then they are here flaming each other all the things that must be talked face to face. That is very strange for us. I prefer to argue 5 minutes or have a fistfight than stay 5 years hating the man in front of me. The conclusion is the same, but I have lost 5 minutes, not 5 years.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:12 pm

RazielSR wrote:
But they didn't talk about the real problems (they say it in many interviews) and then they are here flaming each other all the things that must be talked face to face. That is very strange for us. I prefer to argue 5 minutes or have a fistfight than stay 5 years hating the man in front of me. The conclusion is the same, but I have lost 5 minutes, not 5 years.
thats why i say, this problem doesn't end because they still don't end it talking face to face, even if i hate someone, at least i try to talk to him, or yell to him or something...before a fistfight of course (i haven't had one in like, 9 years)...and c'mon, they don't need to have a fist fight, just put them in a sealed room all the weekend...they surely will talk about it when they get bored XD

nothing hurts more and creates more problems than the complete silence...that nothingness is the true killer of the band...

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:15 pm

MikeWacho wrote: just put them in a sealed room all the weekend...they surely will talk about it when they get bored XD
hahahahaha :D :D :D
MikeWacho wrote:
nothing hurts more and creates more problems than the complete silence...that nothingness is the true killer of the band...


Completely agree.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Timo, what if Jens just wanted to find out more about the things you didn't tell them? Maybe he tricked you, but you tricked them too. So it's up to two, as always. I guess both of you feel betrayed, for very good reasons, but if you never sit down and really try to talk over the things, you will never understand each others' points.

Making aaumptions is easy, but trying to understand the causes is what you really have to do. Makes life easier.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Timo, what if Jens just wanted to find out more about the things you didn't tell them? Maybe he tricked you, but you tricked them too. So it's up to two, as always. I guess both of you feel betrayed, for very good reasons, but if you never sit down and really try to talk over the things, you will never understand each others' points.

Making aaumptions is easy, but trying to understand the causes is what you really have to do. Makes life easier.
Yes, he tricked me. How did I trick them? I stopped the band that was my creation lyrically, ideologically and musically. I took away my songs that I composed and told them well in advance to look for other options. When it became obvious that they are continuing as Strato, I could not believe it.
Still can't. Then I decided I dont want to have part of this, which DOESN'T mean that I accept it, and gave away all the rights to 11 albums and to the name. Forever. If you call this trickery, then you call it trickery. I call it sad.

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2502
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:28 pm

It is sad. But not only for this, everything that has happened is sad.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Raven
Member
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:32 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Raven » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:11 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: How did I trick them?
I suppose that this videofootage is not taken from Revolution Renaissance demosessions where former stratomembers help their former bandmate:
http://strato.jens.org/index2.php?section=2007diary
I stopped the band that was my creation lyrically, ideologically and musically. I took away my songs that I composed and told them well in advance to look for other options.


Wouldn't you feel betrayed as professional musician if you would have recorded 11 demosongs to your forthcoming album and also played one of them live, and just after that your bands "leader" tolds you that this band doesn't exist anymore and sells those former bands demosongs as songs of his new band to some record company?

You cannot deny this, cause there's going to be three Stratovarius demosongs on future RR release and also those eleven demos can be found from the net.
Then I decided I dont want to have part of this, which DOESN'T mean that I accept it, and gave away all the rights to 11 albums and to the name. Forever. If you call this trickery, then you call it trickery. I call it sad.
I won't say it, but also someone could call this hypocrisy or martyrdom...

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:33 pm

Wouldn't you feel betrayed as professional musician if you would have recorded 11 demosongs to your forthcoming album and also played one of them live, and just after that your bands "leader" tolds you that this band doesn't exist anymore and sells those former bands demosongs as songs of his new band to some record company?
Well it didnt come as a surprise for them. I didnt sell any demosong to some record company.
You cannot deny this, cause there's going to be three Stratovarius demosongs on future RR release and also those eleven demos can be found from the net.
No, there will be 10 songs composed by me on the "New Era" album.
I of course took my songs with me to my new band.
I won't say it, but also someone could call this hypocrisy or martyrdom...
Of course you call it that. The guys called it a gift. I call it a fact.

Locked