EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Beast_Pete
Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:50 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Yes, he tricked me. How did I trick them? I stopped the band that was my creation lyrically, ideologically and musically. I took away my songs that I composed and told them well in advance to look for other options. When it became obvious that they are continuing as Strato, I could not believe it.
Still can't. Then I decided I dont want to have part of this, which DOESN'T mean that I accept it, and gave away all the rights to 11 albums and to the name. Forever. If you call this trickery, then you call it trickery. I call it sad.
I don't call that a trickery. What I call a trickery is not telling them about your plans and not talking with them 5 men together about your decision to stop the band. This resulted in them having a big loss of money, without them agreeing with it (it's not the money but the agreein part that matters). If you talked with them and they said "okay, let's pay that 0,25 million euros together" then there would be no drama now. But I guess they wouldn't have agreed with you. Still, if you told them about it, then they could have started to concentrate on THEIR future as well. While you already composed an album and were working on a new one (Saana), they still thought RR would be released. Later when you published Saana, they knew about your decision of ending Stratovarius, but nothing about why you really decided so AND that you would releases RR under a new band and label.

Of course you had the right to do so, because you wrote all the music that can be found on RR, but leaving your old band members in such a bad and difficult situation was not right at all.

I can understand you that you felt bad in the band, I heard several gossips before and now I guess most of them were really true, and if they were ture, then I agree with you leaving the band (though maybe they had some reasons to behave like that too, but again this is something I don't know as I'm just an outsider). But you should have waited until the legal actions with Sanctuary were closed. Patience is very important and even if you had have to wait some more years, it would have worth it, because you could have evaded all the drama that is happening now. Also you could have written more music meanwhile and release them one by one later on when all the legal problems were solved.

I don't want to blame you, because I'm pretty sure that this case is much more complex than we fans think it is, but if you take my suggestion, sit down with the others and talk it over and come up with a solution together that is best for all 5 of you.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Raven

Post by Raven » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:09 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: Well it didnt come as a surprise for them.
As far as I remember you played "Last Night On Earth" together in Wacken last summer as song from forthcoming Stratovarius album. And as you've said, after the Wacken show you decided to split the band up. For example if I would be playing bass guitar in some unreleased new song for the big audience and few months after that my bands "leader" would tell me that I'll split the band and we're not releasing those my songs which we made demos together, I would feel very surprised and very betrayed.
I didnt sell any demosong to some record company.
Well how some of those Stratovarius demos appear on that future Revolution Renaissance EP if you didn't use / gave them as some sort marketing product?

I know Timo that you're not a stupid man. I'm sure that you didn't made that record deal with Frontiers for free and they wouldn't make deal with RR if you wouldn't have something to show them.
I of course took my songs with me to my new band.
I understand that and you've got all the rights to do so... Maybe just the other guys liked those songs and thought that those are the songs that they are going to perform in future Stratovarius release, which was by they way marketed on that video as "back to the roots" album.
Of course you call it that. The guys called it a gift. I call it a fact.
I'm not saying that its hypocrisy or martyrdom cause I'm not really sure what it is. At this point I consider myself some sort of truth seeker. Like I said in finnish section, I'm not still really sure that if this is some sick part II of the monkey theatre called Stratovarius... Neither You, Jens, TK, Lauri or JM can convince me that this isn't and that's what you've ALL done by yourself.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:10 pm

What I call a trickery is not telling them about your plans and not talking with them 5 men together about your decision to stop the band.

You obviously havent played in a band/neither have divorced. There was nothing to talk. That's what I have been trying to explain.
This resulted in them having a big loss of money, without them agreeing with it (it's not the money but the agreein part that matters). If you talked with them and they said "okay, let's pay that 0,25 million euros together" then there would be no drama now.

Of course there would. Large part of this because they refuse to accept the fact that Stratovarius is no more. And that of course means less income for them. As far as the legal case, also you don't know the facts. The whole thing was set in motion in December 2006 and the "manager" and the lawyer had all this time in their hand. In a simple law case it is more than enough. Still I was kept uniformed about the developments although I asked. And finally I had to announce the new band and the break up.
My theory was that since there was no resolution in 1,5 years, Sanctuary is just playing time and we would never see that money anyway. There was never anything concrete. Even the "concrete" offer there was supposed to be was just postponed. They were just buying time.
Still, if you told them about it, then they could have started to concentrate on THEIR future as well. While you already composed an album and were working on a new one (Saana), they still thought RR would be released.
No, they COULD have started to do their things because I stopped the band in 11.10.2007. What have they done after that?
Later when you published Saana, they knew about your decision of ending Stratovarius, but nothing about why you really decided so AND that you would releases RR under a new band and label.
Like I said, I told them about stopping the band on 11.10.2007. And also gave very detailed explanations why. If your drummer comes to you and says this band is over, how do you feel about that?
And of course I took with me my own songs that I composed for my own use. Or you think I should also give my new songs for them that I wrote all the music and lyrics? 11 albums and the name is not enough?
Let's say Ritchie Blackmore composes new songs for Rainbow where Ronnie Dio and Cozy Powell are playing. He doesnt stop the band, but fires Dio and Powell and replaces them with Joe Lynn Turner and Bobby Rondinelli. Do you think Blackmore would not do his "old" songs with his new line up? I dont get this fuss over the songs.
Of course you had the right to do so, because you wrote all the music that can be found on RR, but leaving your old band members in such a bad and difficult situation was not right at all.
Once again you forget that I also lost money in it and have to pay some too. And that also they dont just have to lie there helpless, they have to make their own money. I am not responisble for their personal financial situation. I left a band where I felt hostility, aggression and fakeness.
Simple as that.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:38 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:You obviously havent played in a band/neither have divorced. There was nothing to talk. That's what I have been trying to explain.
You are absolutely correct. But I had been cheated once, and still I wanted to talk things over, to know the reasons. I think it's more about people's personality, I myself like to know the reasons more than the results, because without the reasons, you can't understand the results.
Of course there would. Large part of this because they refuse to accept the fact that Stratovarius is no more. And that of course means less income for them. As far as the legal case, also you don't know the facts. The whole thing was set in motion in December 2006 and the "manager" and the lawyer had all this time in their hand. In a simple law case it is more than enough. Still I was kept uniformed about the developments although I asked. And finally I had to announce the new band and the break up.
My theory was that since there was no resolution in 1,5 years, Sanctuary is just playing time and we would never see that money anyway. There was never anything concrete. Even the "concrete" offer there was supposed to be was just postponed. They were just buying time.
I could of course understand that, eventhough I wouldn't agree with them if they just wanted to continue the band last october just for the money. Wether it's the truth is something I can't decide that, because I trusted both you and the others and now I would have to choose sides? Not until I know everything or I just simply won't if I will never learn about the truth.

That might be very true that you wouldn't have received that money from Sanctuary, but now you don't receive it and get a debt. I guess it's a worse situation now then simply waiting. Maybe I'm just too patient, but I whenever I succeeded in something it was because of patience.
No, they COULD have started to do their things because I stopped the band in 11.10.2007. What have they done after that?

Like I said, I told them about stopping the band on 11.10.2007. And also gave very detailed explanations why. If your drummer comes to you and says this band is over, how do you feel about that?
And of course I took with me my own songs that I composed for my own use. Or you think I should also give my new songs for them that I wrote all the music and lyrics? 11 albums and the name is not enough?
Let's say Ritchie Blackmore composes new songs for Rainbow where Ronnie Dio and Cozy Powell are playing. He doesnt stop the band, but fires Dio and Powell and replaces them with Joe Lynn Turner and Bobby Rondinelli. Do you think Blackmore would not do his "old" songs with his new line up? I dont get this fuss over the songs.
Again something I can't decide on. Both you and the rest of the band say different facts, whichever is the truth is something we won't know until for a while or maybe never. This is something that you have to keep in mind, your fans can't decide what the real truth is, they trusted all the StratoMembers, and now they have to choose who lies. Quite a bad situation.

Taking your own songs with you is nothing that anyone should have a problem with, because well, they are yours, you wrote them. Both legally and morally you were right by doing so. I didn't say you weren't. :)

What the problem is, they were left with nothing, but debt and a destroyed band. Maybe they wanted to continue, and they were desperate about what they should have been doing. I of course don't know what they felt, but I'm pretty sure the case is not as easy as you describe. This is why I said that it's better trying to understand the causes of results and the feeling of other human beings, then just simply stepping by.
Once again you forget that I also lost money in it and have to pay some too. And that also they dont just have to lie there helpless, they have to make their own money. I am not responisble for their personal financial situation. I left a band where I felt hostility, aggression and fakeness.
Simple as that.
I have already said it many times: maybe you also lost money, but you agreed with it, it was your own decision. While they didn't agree and had no word in deciding to pay that money. This is the key point. You forced them to pay the money, you didn't ask them wether they agree with your decision.

Leaving the band alone didn't cause them to pay that money. If you were patient enough, the legal problems would have been solved and they could have started their own bands or keep playing together. While you would enjoy writing your own music without having to worry about replying to some angry, some disappointed and some desperate fans.

One more thing: I have always liked your music and the mentality you had in your lyrics. This hasn't changed and will never. Even if I'm disappointed in all of you now - because whoever is right, whatever lies or truths were said and the way you guys tried and trying to solve this problem is not Stratovariusish - I still thank you for all the good times you gave me even while I was listening to your songs ( more than 2000 times to Destiny :) ) or when I saw you at a gig and when I talked with you at the backstage. This is what really matters and I just hope that you guys can solve this problem between you 5, peacefully and silently, without public interaction.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Demir

Post by Demir » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:00 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: Well it didnt come as a surprise for them. I didnt sell any demosong to some record company.
He's lost his mind this time and is just lying.

How stupid you think we are? There is other thread RIGHT HERE about the demos being put out by Frontiers.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:47 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Like I said, I told them about stopping the band on 11.10.2007. And also gave very detailed explanations why.
Not to be nitpicking, but there was one detail missing and that's a crucial point: there was nothing in there about an agreement signed with Frontiers a month earlier (September 16), or shopping the Stratovarius R.R. demos around already in August.

This is the point which it's not possible in any way to tap dance around. That agreement torpedoed the whole Sanctuary case.

It really is water under the bridge though.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:Like I said, I told them about stopping the band on 11.10.2007. And also gave very detailed explanations why.
Not to be nitpicking, but there was one detail missing and that's a crucial point: there was nothing in there about an agreement signed with Frontiers a month earlier (September 16), or shopping the Stratovarius R.R. demos around already in August.

This is the point which it's not possible in any way to tap dance around. That agreement torpedoed the whole Sanctuary case.

Fraud.Kiss of Judas.Call it what you will. And get over it. And be prepared for a big surprise next week.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:24 pm

:twisted:It cant be water under the bridge as long as mr Trollskki goes on here about how terrible you guys have treated him. I wonder what he thinks when he is by himself and his conscience... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:31 pm

:lol: :lol: What can you do.? OH NO new STATEMENT. Help us :lol: :lol:

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:And be prepared for a big surprise next week.
I bet you are working on new music too! Great! :)

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm

JensJohansson wrote:

Well in his first statement T.T. sad that he decided to end Stratovarius was during the Wacken Open Air 2008. So he decided to split up in the beginning of August. But he wanted to relase his work, so he signed to Frontiers after he knew that Strato won't continue (in september). After he signed to Frontiers he told the other members that Strato won't continue (in october).
If these these are the facts it's OK. T.T. only wanted a record deal before he tell you what he knew in August. Am I right?
I want to ask somethong from Jens. Why didn't you told to Timo in oct (when he told you, that he finishes the band) that you four want to continue? During the last half year why didn't you try to speak to Timo to continue the band? You knew that Strato'll split up. It's hard to imagine that in the last half year all of you knew that Strato will split up and you said nothing to it. But now after half year you want to continue.
(Sorry because of my english. And I like all of you, don't want to attack or hurt you. But I want to see clear if you let it.)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:43 pm

lets get a timeline of events from both sides. that gives a much better idea of what was perceived and what caused what.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Haven't we who can read got enough timelines now?Can't anyone stop this soon? Statement after statement. Accusations around the bandmembers privat life involving girls and things that happend many many years ago. Isnt it enough or is there more for public stunt? RR needs all the publicity it can get, so I think it will go on for some time yet. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 pm

:err: @mmarton88, Wacken Open Air 2008 has not happened yet.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:57 pm

browneyedgirl wrote::err: @mmarton88, Wacken Open Air 2008 has not happened yet.
2007 Of Course. My thoughts are already around the 2008 W:O:A :D

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:19 pm

mmarton88 wrote:But he wanted to relase his work, so he signed to Frontiers after he knew that Strato won't continue (in september). After he signed to Frontiers he told the other members that Strato won't continue (in october). [...] I want to ask somethong from Jens. Why didn't you told to Timo in oct (when he told you, that he finishes the band) that you four want to continue?

Well -- since you asked.

He was very clear that he didn't want to go on, that he was directing his energies toward production work and stuff like Saana, and that nobody should try to talk him out of it.

The whole idea of hostility from TK and Jörg just didn't make any sense to me. I hoped he would change his mind.

Of course I didn't know then that the Frontiers agreement had already been signed a month before...

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:19 pm

browneyedgirl wrote::err: @mmarton88, Wacken Open Air 2008 has not happened yet.
omg you mean, seriously?!

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:36 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
mmarton88 wrote:But he wanted to relase his work, so he signed to Frontiers after he knew that Strato won't continue (in september). After he signed to Frontiers he told the other members that Strato won't continue (in october). [...] I want to ask somethong from Jens. Why didn't you told to Timo in oct (when he told you, that he finishes the band) that you four want to continue?

Well -- since you asked.

He was very clear that he didn't want to go on, that he was directing his energies toward production work and stuff like Saana, and that nobody should try to talk him out of it.

The whole idea of hostility from TK and Jörg just didn't make any sense to me. I hoped he would change his mind.

Of course I didn't know then that the Frontiers agreement had already been signed a month before...
Thanx for the reply;)
Well, now I think I understand this whole situation.
If I can give a hint, You or Timo should send an email to the other and explain things to each other. Answering in forums to the other is so silly and childish. Like the children in Nurserey. You should speak to each other explain thing to each other private and say good bye to each other in peace. Like intelligent men do. Timo and You should concentrate on the new songs and materials instead of fighting here. And not visit each other's forum.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:42 pm

And you should stop asking those questions. Jens has said it is water under the bridge and even if it is shitty water someone could drown in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:45 pm

mmarton88 wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Well -- since you asked.

Thanx for the reply;)
Well, now I think I understand this whole situation.
If I can give a hint, You or Timo should send an email to the other and explain things to each other. Answering in forums to the other is so silly and childish. Like the children in Nurserey. You should speak to each other explain thing to each other private and say good bye to each other in peace. Like intelligent men do. Timo and You should concentrate on the new songs and materials instead of fighting here. And not visit each other's forum.
Why man, why? This forum has never been so interesting as it is now :wink:

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:50 pm

JensJohansson wrote:

Well -- since you asked.

Standing on the stage at Wacken I made the decision. This was 3.8.2007.
I informed the band 11.10. And may I remind that I kept silent until April 2008. So as late as I could. When I broke Strato, I did not make a pressrelease and go public with it. I waited half a year in secrecy for the guys hoping the case will be solved. Promises and promises. I told them I will have to go public soon because I have a new band and life. That is the way it happened.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:55 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Well -- since you asked.

I informed the band 11.10. And may I remind that I kept silent until April 2008. So as late as I could. When I broke Strato, I did not make a pressrelease and go public with it. I waited half a year in secrecy for the guys hoping the case will be solved. Promises and promises. I told them I will have to go public soon because I have a new band and life. That is the way it happened.

Jeeze Timo, right when everyone was so excited for STRATOVARIUS, when you played one of your best songs, you leave.
Now we're left with one shitty version with no keyboards, awful lyrics, and a vocalist who doesn't fit the style, and a demo with subpar lyrics, and poor quality.
The irony, is the song speaks of finality.

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:06 pm

Rebel wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Well -- since you asked.

Jeeze Timo, right when everyone was so excited for STRATOVARIUS, when you played one of your best songs, you leave.
Now we're left with one shitty version with no keyboards, awful lyrics, and a vocalist who doesn't fit the style, and a demo with subpar lyrics, and poor quality.
The irony, is the song speaks of finality.
Well dont listen to it. I only wanted to say that I DID wait SEVEN months in secrecy with the guys hoping the legal case would be solved. That should say something, right.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:18 pm

mmarton88 wrote:If I can give a hint, You or Timo should send an email to the other and explain things to each other. Answering in forums to the other is so silly and childish. Like the children in Nurserey. You should speak to each other explain thing to each other private and say good bye to each other in peace. Like intelligent men do. Timo and You should concentrate on the new songs and materials instead of fighting here. And not visit each other's forum.
I agree. Well if someone asks an answerable question, sometimes I will try if there's time and it's not too much typing. I know it's a complicated story and a lot of people are wondering "wtf just happened!?" Some of the statements contradict each other and there are always more than one side to every story.

There's been plenty of emails too! :)
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan
================================

Special A

Post by Special A » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:32 pm

FUUUUUUUCK! it's a lot of pressure from both sides of the coin!!!!
i can't understand, why sir Tolkki involves a legendary band, into his life changing process, for this side, it's very ''not'' understandable, i mean, you don't have to finish, o attempt to finish your band, the legend, because you, and lone you felt like that, we all know you owned the band, but, hold on a second sir, it's a band, not a enterprise where you can fire out, finish, or whatsoever you want... the self name explains it all, band, team, the desicions are made in a team, not because you felt so, first of all you have to be in agreement with the band, second of all, you have to agree with the fans!, and we the fans did NOT agree, nor the remaining yet strong Strato members!

i cannot judge the Johansson side, because, they were like, in a shock when you told that, after all those years, then you do that? i dont call this Fake, Faust, whatever, but, it's very dishonorable
we all understand the problems, the confrontations between band member, i understand that. but i guess a band it's never perfect!
this is a message of understanding to Sir Timo, sir Johasson, it just didn't have to happen...

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:36 pm

If i see the public discussion between JJ and TT,i can say you rockstars have way to much time.
This is not what the fans want!
We wanted a farewell tour
We wanted a new Killer strato album
And we want to be proud of the band we all love so much.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 pm

I found an interview Jens did back in 2003 for elements pt.2 Very interesting interview that I found quiet ironic today. Also for some reason BrownEyedGirl is mentioned in it to 0_o. But you guys should read it.
Here is the link to it:

http://www.sacredembrace.com/site/inter ... popup.html

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:45 pm

What a shit, always the same, everybody flaming.

I'm gonna play Enemy Territory Quake Wars online.

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 pm

c'mon, don't take it like they are cutting a leg of your body (last SpecialA post)

by the end of the day, we're fans, but also just bystanders, we don't have a candle in this -personal- conflict, we just want to understand both sides and make a more logical time line of all the facts that see light in here...

no we have like 4 new posts that give some light in the understanding of the facts...

remember, we're just fans not their personal judges...and we just want to clarify the years of absence, in spite of all this time of support -or should i say in respect of that time-, and look, TT and JJ are giving some light to us, i really respect that they take their time, talk to us like some other users, and try also to get some light in other things XD

we just can say that they really respect their fans...

MikeWacho

Post by MikeWacho » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:49 pm

RazielSR wrote:What a shit, always the same, everybody flaming.

I'm gonna play Enemy Territory Quake Wars online.
that pic looks like a really bad day in the forum (when the trolls come i say)

and the actual personal status of the band (between the members)