EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
scorp
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: Piraeus, Hellas

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by scorp » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:59 am

Mormegil wrote::lol: The question as old as time.
No wait, Master of the Rings is from 1994. Only 14 years then.

I would put it this way:
Low notes: Deris
High notes: Kiske
Songwriting: Deris

So... umm... still impossible to answer. :)
Deris has some awesome high notes as well imo. No doubt that Kiske was an amazing singer but he's too much idolized. Deris can reach Kiske's high notes too. And there are bootlegs where Kiske cannot really reach his high notes as well as in the studio :roll:
Don't get me wrong. I like Kiske's voice in Keepers. But I also like Deris'! All I'm saying is that Kiske is not as godly as they make him be.
Insurrection!

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:28 pm

scorp wrote:
Mormegil wrote::lol: The question as old as time.
No wait, Master of the Rings is from 1994. Only 14 years then.

I would put it this way:
Low notes: Deris
High notes: Kiske
Songwriting: Deris

So... umm... still impossible to answer. :)
Deris has some awesome high notes as well imo. No doubt that Kiske was an amazing singer but he's too much idolized. Deris can reach Kiske's high notes too. And there are bootlegs where Kiske cannot really reach his high notes as well as in the studio :roll:
Don't get me wrong. I like Kiske's voice in Keepers. But I also like Deris'! All I'm saying is that Kiske is not as godly as they make him be.
Here is probably the highest note ever recorded from Kiske. :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vpKLUw3dxKA

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Rebel » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:38 pm

Mormegil wrote:
stratoplayer wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:Kiske might be a really well educated voice
As the (un)official Helloween-police of this board, I must inform you that Kiske is self-taught.
Carry on.
I have a question for you,
Deris or Kiske?
Here we go...
:lol: The question as old as time.
No wait, Master of the Rings is from 1994. Only 14 years then.

I would put it this way:
Low notes: Deris
High notes: Kiske
Songwriting: Deris

So... umm... still impossible to answer. :)
I also think that Deris has a better voice in general, Take the Dark Ride for example.

User avatar
scorp
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: Piraeus, Hellas

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by scorp » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:02 pm

Mormegil wrote:Here is probably the highest note ever recorded from Kiske. :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vpKLUw3dxKA
It's high indeed but it's not so difficult to reach that high by just screaming in "fake" voice. It's much more difficult to sing the lower notes ("fake" or "real"). At least that's what I've understood from my own experimentation. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Insurrection!

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:16 pm

scorp wrote:
Mormegil wrote:Here is probably the highest note ever recorded from Kiske. :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vpKLUw3dxKA
It's high indeed but it's not so difficult to reach that high by just screaming in "fake" voice. It's much more difficult to sing the lower notes ("fake" or "real"). At least that's what I've understood from my own experimentation. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Of course it depends on a person. My voice is naturally quite low so hitting low notes is no problem for me when I try to sing. If I ever wished to reach G#5, I would need years and years (and years) of training, no matter how "fake" (I guess you meant falsetto) my voice was. :)
But, I still believe no matter who you are, getting that high (singing I mean) is hard for anyone.

User avatar
scorp
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: Piraeus, Hellas

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by scorp » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Mormegil wrote:Of course it depends on a person. My voice is naturally quite low so hitting low notes is no problem for me when I try to sing. If I ever wished to reach G#5, I would need years and years (and years) of training, no matter how "fake" (I guess you meant falsetto) my voice was. :)
But, I still believe no matter who you are, getting that high (singing I mean) is hard for anyone.
Falsetto, if you say so. I don't know the term in english so I translated the word we use in greek (fake). :)
Well, I don't mean to judge Kiske's voice of course (I'm not that crazy :lol: ). All I said is that there are others with equal talent (and I don't mean myself of course :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Anyway, I was listening to the RU album (Revolution Unfinished) from Stratovarius. I was thinking if it would be possible that the remaining guys sell these mp3s as TT did with Saana. It's a pitty that it didn't come out as Strato cause it's a very nice album. Still didn't listened to it carefully but from the couple of times I did, I liked it very much! I'm looking forward to buying the RR album this weekend to be able to make the comparison as well.
Insurrection!

empi
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Nürnberg

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by empi » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 pm

What is Kotipelto singing in the demo of i did it my way at 0:57 to 1:01 ??
Really Autobahn many cars speeding up ? :lol:

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:18 pm

empi wrote:What is Kotipelto singing in the demo of i did it my way at 0:57 to 1:01 ??
Really Autobahn many cars speeding up ? :lol:
Maybe, he is singing the same thing he sings in infinite visions dvd from:

here: minute 38 and 3 seconds.
to here: minute 38 and 8 seconds.



:shock:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:27 am

"... I might have to stay upset".

That's what I hear. :lol: The rest is the same.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
stratoplayer
Sr. Member
Posts: 2598
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:05 pm
Location: Monterrey, Mexico

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by stratoplayer » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:20 am

Rebel wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
stratoplayer wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Mormegil wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:Kiske might be a really well educated voice
As the (un)official Helloween-police of this board, I must inform you that Kiske is self-taught.
Carry on.
I have a question for you,
Deris or Kiske?
Here we go...
:lol: The question as old as time.
No wait, Master of the Rings is from 1994. Only 14 years then.

I would put it this way:
Low notes: Deris
High notes: Kiske
Songwriting: Deris

So... umm... still impossible to answer. :)
I also think that Deris has a better voice in general, Take the Dark Ride for example.
I agree with you both, my favorite Keepers songs were from Weikath and Hansen, not so much Kiske.

BTW, Derris singing Halloween is AWESOME
Close your eyes and try to remember, destroyed lullabies of days gone by
Close your eyes on the edge of forever, a chance to dream fast asleep your nightmare ends

User avatar
scorp
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: Piraeus, Hellas

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by scorp » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 152836.jpg

It's just a dream but I really wish that the album would have come out as Strato. I wanted it so much that I collected some images and made a cover for myself :lol:
Insurrection!

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:14 pm

scorp wrote:http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 152836.jpg

It's just a dream but I really wish that the album would have come out as Strato. I wanted it so much that I collected some images and made a cover for myself :lol:
Hey scorp, that is really touching.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:09 pm

scorp wrote:http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 152836.jpg

It's just a dream but I really wish that the album would have come out as Strato. I wanted it so much that I collected some images and made a cover for myself :lol:
Thats really nice, scorp! :) An Egyptian-type scene. Koti, IMO, would like that!
And, you designed it yourself! Have you ever considered doing artwork like that professionally? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Burning Reflection
Sr. Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Burning Reflection » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 pm

lame

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Rebel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:13 am

scorp wrote:http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 152836.jpg

It's just a dream but I really wish that the album would have come out as Strato. I wanted it so much that I collected some images and made a cover for myself :lol:
That's an AWESOME cover.

User avatar
scorp
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: Piraeus, Hellas

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by scorp » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:03 am

Thanks for the nice comments here but unfortunately I didn't actually draw it. As I said, I just collected some images I liked from the web, colorized them, put them together and added some effects. But still, I didn't draw anything so I can't say that it's totally mine... The inspiration and editing are mine but the feedstock is not. :)

I had in mind to make a booklet and a back-cover in the same way but that would require more time. I may try it in the weekend just for the fun of it. :)
Insurrection!

FrightNight
Jr. Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Fourth Dimension

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by FrightNight » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:05 am

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 152836.jpg

It's just a dream but I really wish that the album would have come out as Strato. I wanted it so much that I collected some images and made a cover for myself Laughing
Great cover!!

User avatar
ainuman
Jr. Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm
Location: Land Of Ice And Snow

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by ainuman » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:38 am

scorp wrote:I had in mind to make a booklet and a back-cover in the same way but that would require more time. I may try it in the weekend just for the fun of it. :)
Excellent cover! It should be very nice if you can do full set for this unfinished recording.

User avatar
thefreeone
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Quito- Ecuador

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by thefreeone » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:55 pm

cant see it
:(

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:55 pm

I am curious how the non-EP version sold in comparison with the EP Version? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

SquallSaga
Jr. Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by SquallSaga » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Can't see it neither :- s

Edit : Well, now I can ^^. Great lyrics and job ;- )

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6489
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:02 am

I could finally understand it properly: :)

"If I'm fornicating moonlight there's no reason to get mad, Am I copulating sunlight I might have to stay outside."
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:09 am

"If I'm fornicating moonlight there's no reason to get mad, Am I copulating sunlight I might have to stay outside."
i really think "if i fornicate in moonlight" and "i might copulate in sunlight" make more sense but the guys finnish and does not enunciate so who knows lol

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:38 am

Well, in terms of reality, "fornicating in moonlight" makes more sense because actually, isn't that what sometimes occurs anyway? When people of the opposite sex associate? I mean, thats very romantic. But, "copulating in sunlight", what does that mean? Sex on the beach? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
R.F.
Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by R.F. » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:20 pm

stratohawk wrote:Don't you understand? That's not what matters to him. He said it 1000x, if he wanted to make more money and play in a (financially) succesful band, he'd stayed with Stratovarius.
Well, this is what he said. But I do not understand why so many people take this opinion seriuosly so easily, without thinking at all. It is not that obvious.
stratohawk wrote: But what I find really disappointing is that the RR album indeed was almost finished with the old lineup. I haven't heard those demos with Timo Kotipelto, but this leaves some more bad taste to the whole story.... More contradiction.
I needed to hear RR with Stratovarius and I must say if they recorded that as a goodbye to their fans they'll have fans of both worlds really happy... Kiske, and Sammet are awesome vocalists, but this songs were meant to be played by Stratovarius, it's true that the demos don't sound as good (in terms of quality and arrangements) as the actual RR album, but if this album had the proper recording it deserves with the players it was meant to be played with, it would be HUGE!

Heh, another confirmation.

User avatar
stratohawk
Sr. Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Germany

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by stratohawk » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:26 am

R.F. wrote:
stratohawk wrote:Don't you understand? That's not what matters to him. He said it 1000x, if he wanted to make more money and play in a (financially) succesful band, he'd stayed with Stratovarius.
Well, this is what he said. But I do not understand why so many people take this opinion seriuosly so easily, without thinking at all. It is not that obvious.
I don't take anything "easily". But I also refuse to take one parts side, like many of you do that attack Timo Tolkki here.

User avatar
Verdades Parias
Sr. Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Entre Ríos, ARGENTINA!!!

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by Verdades Parias » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:05 am

stratohawk wrote:
R.F. wrote:
stratohawk wrote:Don't you understand? That's not what matters to him. He said it 1000x, if he wanted to make more money and play in a (financially) succesful band, he'd stayed with Stratovarius.
Well, this is what he said. But I do not understand why so many people take this opinion seriuosly so easily, without thinking at all. It is not that obvious.
I don't take anything "easily". But I also refuse to take one parts side, like many of you do that attack Timo Tolkki here.

obviously we are counterpoints, I don't think Tolkki is positioned as a victim and we as attackers. However, we have all the capabilities to take positions on the matter, my values, my reasons are absolutely contrary to everything that transmits Tolkki since the incident, your views and those of many of us are totally opposed, but none Lies said.

I'm not a bad person, but I am in my right not to believe and not to buy something that in my feelings, are really wrong. We must accept us

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:48 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:
stratohawk wrote:
R.F. wrote:
stratohawk wrote:Don't you understand? That's not what matters to him. He said it 1000x, if he wanted to make more money and play in a (financially) succesful band, he'd stayed with Stratovarius.
Well, this is what he said. But I do not understand why so many people take this opinion seriuosly so easily, without thinking at all. It is not that obvious.
I don't take anything "easily". But I also refuse to take one parts side, like many of you do that attack Timo Tolkki here.

obviously we are counterpoints, I don't think Tolkki is positioned as a victim and we as attackers. However, we have all the capabilities to take positions on the matter, my values, my reasons are absolutely contrary to everything that transmits Tolkki since the incident, your views and those of many of us are totally opposed, but none Lies said.

I'm not a bad person, but I am in my right not to believe and not to buy something that in my feelings, are really wrong. We must accept us
Yep. I agree. Its can be compared to like a community/town where a majority of a certain religion is, and they may attack a smaller group just because they do not see things the way a majority might. The analogy fits. Nobody can be forced to believe something they do not want to, or if they can see evidence to the contrary of majority point of view. Its called,freedom of thought. And, it goes BOTH ways, not just one.
We are simply dealing with that "famous musician/celeb status rights" bullshit again.
For example, once Dave Mustaine was bragging on Behind the Music TV Show that once he got caught in his car with 7 drugs IN him, and 9 drugs ON him. All he got was a slap on the wrist. If Dave had been a "regular" person like you&me, we would got 5-10 years, no passing go&no collect $200! Its injustice no matter how you try to excuse it. And, its not envy so don't anyone try to play that card.
Its called buying your way out of trouble just because of your popularity, much like the cute,ditzy blonde in high school that pouted her puffy red lips whenever she would almost get detention until she'd be allowed to get away with it. The thing is, this type of "enabling" does not last forever, which is why probably many "regular" people clapped with glee when Tommy Lee got 2 months for his bullshit he pulled.
I won't even touch the sexual double-standards, just ask Britney, MaDonna&Paris, FEMALE musicians who are often called Whores or Sluts because of their open sexuality. When a MALE musician is open about their sexual exploits, people say, "I don't care what he does, its just the music that counts." If its OK for Ozzy, Tommy Lee, DaniFilth, etc. etc. ad sickening nauseum, to fuck everyone&get BJs, then logically its OK for the FEMALE musicians or the lady next door to do it, too without being labeled.

The point is, Verdades has a right to his OPINION the same as everyone else. And, attacking him&arguing with him because of his opinion proves that there cannot be differing ideas expressed here, and in that case, whats the point in discussing anything?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
R.F.
Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by R.F. » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:38 pm

stratohawk wrote: I don't take anything "easily". But I also refuse to take one parts side, like many of you do that attack Timo Tolkki here.
I do not doubt that you do not take anything easily. I simply point on a general tendency. By the way, it is a strange thing - everyone on RR forum and TT himself points that this forum is full of hatred, impossible to read and so on. But what about that forum? Isn`t it just the same? Well, leave alone that target of their hatred are remaining Strato guys. Under the silent approvement of moderators team headed by you know whom. So I agree with Verdades - Tolkki is not a victim. Everyone are victims, these are damn stratowars, you know...((
Good for you - not to take sides, but it is not so easy :) There are lots of reasons and causes. Well, some people who see controversy between what Tolkki writes in lyrics and what he writes on forums would rather attack him - aggresively or politely. For me the cause for taking sides was the fact that Tolkki shut my mouth with his banhammer - and this happened when I was faraway from taking sides. So you see, TT is the one who divides and reunites.
btw, there is nothing strange for Tolkki to be attacked. Maybe he is a genius - they are to be attacked by masses, but their voice always overcomes. If Tolkki is not, he will be forgotten soon. As for me, frankly speaking, unlike some years ago now I do not see anything "glorious and divine" in metal music. Everything is copied - ideas, philosophy, music... But I start offtoping...
Anyway, browneyedgirl has a point speaking of "famous musician/celeb status rights bullshit". This is the root of the controveries I have in my mind. And I suppose others also have the same.
I won't even touch the sexual double-standards, just ask Britney, MaDonna&Paris, FEMALE musicians who are often called Whores or Sluts because of their open sexuality. When a MALE musician is open about their sexual exploits, people say, "I don't care what he does, its just the music that counts."
Damn, isn`t that a global problem accross humankind?) I remember an old joke, dunno if it happened to be in English language. It sounds like: "It`s unfair! Why if a woman has lots of men she is called a slut, and if a man has lots of women he is called a macho?!" =)

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by icecab21 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:58 pm

So what crimes has tolkki committed that he is getting away with? Could we take the high road and just wish for each member to find what makes them happy and gives their life propose? Focus on what is good to you and create more energy in that light.

Locked