EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
TimoTolkki
Re: EP Featuring Original Strato Demos soon Release by Frontiers

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:45 am

Why the fuck do they want to press an EP anyway, a month after the proper release!? I really don't understand.. is it really worth it for them to open this can of worms!? :lol:
Why do you think? To fuck me up of course. Maybe the question should be, why would you open the can of worms?
It's true that we released demos and other such stuff before. I think the circumstances this time, around this release, are a bit different than those happier times.
True. Still I don't think the issue would be this big without the bitterness that is in the air..
I daresay it would be easier to swallow, if a retarded clause in your agreement with them didn't just waste us all a quarter of a million euro...
I know this is the real reason of the bitterness. I just wonder, why I don't have the hate and bitterness about that money? I lost 1/4 of it too. This is what I don't understand. Why not make a new band and make money that way? That's what I am doing.
Anyway since you're not involved with Frontiers anymore I imagine there is not much you can do at this point, the rights were improperly assigned by you to them, or maybe they were never even assigned formally at all.

Well it can be debatable who had the rights before my waver. Legally.
It's just slightly annoying due to the special circumstances here and the haste with which the vocals were done.
Doesn't sound like "slightly annoying". This demo is actually the best sounding we ever did cause it was mixed in a proper studio. The vocals are not that bad....and for sure not recorded in an hour:) That would mean first takes and I have recorded TK for 12 years in studio. Some songs sound a bit bad, but not the ones on the EP it seems. So the issue you are raising is linked to that lost money.
You know as well as I that any Stratovarius income for a long, long time is not going to any "guys".. it's going to a law firm in London.
I don't know about anything. Nobody has informed me about anything regarding that. I only know that the 35 000euros is NOT the problem, and I have to pay 1/4th of that. The problem is the bitterness over the lost 120 000euros (since you guys came out with the figures, it's okay to state them here).

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:37 am

StratoBOB wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: There are a little more keyboards I think.
Oh yes! Speaking of which -- who is Joonas Puolakka who played keyboards on the RR/New Era record?

Does anyone know anything from him before or after this event, in the real, physical world? Or did someone just make up the name ;)
I'm not surprised. Jens, thank you are around! GL to you, TK and JM . Hope to hear some new music from you three together soon .
Joonas Puolakka is an 18 year old music student from Sibelius Academy.
Very talented guy, but a bit shy. Know him through a guitar player friend of mine who studies there and suggested him.

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:07 pm

So please explain us Timo, why you roundabouting yourself with unknown young musicians in your new band ? This is not attack. I'm serious and I'm not trying to judge you. I'm just wondering what is the reason to gathering musicians from all over the world, which didn't know each other. How this will work as team? I'm not expert but will this RR be a real band or just another your project. I can't see a band in similar line-up to survive long time as a band. Will these people you chose will relocate in Finland or they'll live their lives and will rejoining with you only during the recording sessions and tours. How this will survive for years?
At the end I wold like to excuse for my bad,a word to word english
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:48 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
StratoBOB wrote:So please explain us Timo, why you roundabouting yourself with unknown young musicians in your new band ? This is not attack. I'm serious and I'm not trying to judge you. I'm just wondering what is the reason to gathering musicians from all over the world, which didn't know each other. How this will work as team? I'm not expert but will this RR be a real band or just another your project. I can't see a band in similar line-up to survive long time as a band. Will these people you chose will relocate in Finland or they'll live their lives and will rejoining with you only during the recording sessions and tours. How this will survive for years?
At the end I wold like to excuse for my bad,a word to word english
One reason is cause they are fresh without an ego and all these guys are also on a spiritual path. It's a real band of course. Otherwise it would be called TOLKKI. In Strato it was also multinational and we didn't know each other at all when started. So it was actually very similar how I am doing it now. Jens living in New York and Jörg living in Germany. I know where you are getting at, but I have chosen these guys VERY carefully. Gus and Bruno actually are very good friends and Mikey was recommended by Jens. Just a bass player is missing.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:00 pm

Timo, the money in itself isn't their problem I guess. More like that you didn't care they would have to pay it too. You didn't even ask them wether they agree with your decision and would be willing to pay 3/4 of that quarter million of euros. If one of my friends decided to cancel our bus to a foreign country, and that would mean 1: I wouldn't be able to travel abroad 2: would lose my 80 euros I paid for the bus... well then I'd be really pissed off. If he asked me wether it was okay for me, then we could discuss it and maybe I would understand his reasonsing and might even find a better solution. But if I have to hear from the travel agency on the day the bus would have gone off, that the bus won't take me abroad, well...

So it's not about the money, though 80 euros for me at the moment is a big money :lol: but of course I wouldn't go bankrupt. It's more about righteousness and the basics of friendship.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:11 pm

TimoTolkki wrote: I know this is the real reason of the bitterness. I just wonder, why I don't have the hate and bitterness about that money? I lost 1/4 of it too. This is what I don't understand.
I perceive a sort of singularity point of <a href="http://jens.org/maahgaabn.jpg" target=_new>cognitive dissonance</a> in your thinking exactly at this spot. I consider the fact significant that you caused it to be a loss, and; sure you lost 1/5 of it too, but by short-sightedly gaining a larger amount for yourself, from Frontiers.

Of course taking 100 even if it causes a loss to yourself of 50 is rational. 50 is more than zero.

Taking 100 if it causes a loss of 50 for yourself, another separate loss of 50 for Jörg, another separate loss of 50 for me, another separate loss of 50 for TK and another separate loss of 50 for Jari, is greedy behavior.

I think somewhere deep within you understand this too, and that's why that statement was so fucking annoying and hurtful to you.

About this word "greed"... You can analyze it and twist it backwards and forwards, it's still justifiably described as an act of greed.

Greed; excessive desire for getting or having, esp. wealth; desire for more than one needs or deserves;

Imagine five kids sitting around a yummy cake. Everyone wants the cake. They look at that cake for a long time. That cake sure looks yummy! They agree to try to get to this cake, divide it, and yaaay, eat a bunch of cake!

It's however covered by a heavy glass cover. All five kids are needed to lift the cover, and it takes time and patience to balance the cover right so you can lift it straight up and not have it fall on the cake. They keep trying for quite a while. Frustrating.

Now one of the kids gets a little hungry. There is an Italian guy (let's call him Mephistopheles Peregrinus) in the next room who tells this kid, <i>"Pssssst, I have another cake over here. Fuck those other guys. Even though my cake is a little smaller, you'll only at the most get a fifth of that cake with all those guys around it anyway. Just come in here and allow me to fuck you in the ass, and you can have all you want of this cake."</i>

The hungry kid had enough of waiting and without warning lets go of the heavy glass cover. It falls on the big cake and ruins it.

After letting go, he goes in the other room and gets a giant Italian schlong rammed up the ass. After that, he eats the smaller cake, but then on the other hand -- he doesn't have to share it.

Would this be considered "greedy" or just acting in rational self interest? I think the former. (And what if that fifth kid, as he drops the cover and runs, screams <i>"Waaaah! All you evil guys care about is cake!!"</i> .. and then plunges headfirst, mouth open, into another cake. :))

In real life, I really don't like cake by the way.

Do consider myself greedy? No. Do I get really upset at being called a money-hungry corporate person? Not really, I thought that was sort of funny actually. :)

Do I do these things only for money? Obviously not, I could have made about 10,000 times more money in stocks or some crap like that.

Do I make music for money? Of course. I am a person. I am not a communist, I believe in well-regulated capitalism. I need money to live. Money is just a tool which you use to make more music. It is a trade token, not good or evil in itself.

Music is just one of many tools to obtain money, which can then be turned into even more music.

Like that famous saying, "a mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems"...

In that sense a musician is a machine for turning money into music.
I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it.
If people are disillusioned by that remark, I can't help it.
It's the truth.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-- Charlie Chaplin
Jens.

================================
"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

StratoBOB

Post by StratoBOB » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:I know where you are getting at, but I have chosen these guys VERY carefully. Gus and Bruno actually are very good friends and Mikey was recommended by Jens. Just a bass player is missing.
I'm pleased now. You understood me right. ;)
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

STINKY_PREGNANT_MAN

Post by STINKY_PREGNANT_MAN » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:47 pm

After letting go, he goes in the other room and gets a giant Italian schlong rammed up the ass.
What are you saying....he's pregnant after all?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 pm

JensJohansson wrote: There is an Italian guy (let's call him Mephistopheles Peregrinus)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't stop laughing hahahahhahahahahahahhahahah

About your post. I think is an amazing way to explain the other side of the story.
It's wonderful imo.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:09 pm

After this is over will the question of how could it cost a quarter million dollars and 2 years to not release an album be answered? How did it go from a broken up and internal conflict to a three album contract and a song called “united” to broken up and internal conflict? In the grand scheme of things, do what you love and gives a sense of purpose, surround yourself by consent and positively, and release some interesting versions of the back catalogue. Perhaps we don’t need more maniac dances.

Demir

Post by Demir » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:19 am

JensJohansson wrote:Waaaah! All you evil guys care about is cake
LOL LOL :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

OMG..

Explains everything even Tolkki tries to lie, and ban people who tell truth.

In the end Tolkki was a fucking asshole and its good they got rid of him.

Next month there will be press release how "RR didn't want to get signed to SPV because SPV are big assholes" then month after that "RR giant world tour" has been postponed ..

and everything always will be someone elses fault.

Hey tolkki, warrior of lies, while youre here, we're still waiting for the news on the saana charity foundation!! How many starving kids did you save by now?? :lol: :D :lol: :D

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:56 am

You guys are so fucking annoying. Does it make you feel better or what to call others "fucking stupid assholes" here, over the net, while in reality you would not be able to say a single word? You are no part of this conflict, sad enough that the members are carrying it out here. Get wasted!

Demir

Post by Demir » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:32 am

stratohawk wrote:You guys are so fucking annoying. Get wasted!
Look at all that hate!!!! :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry: :roll: :cry:

I'm very hurt and upset by all this hate that stratohawk is bringing in to this place

:lol:

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:07 am

JensJohansson wrote: The hungry kid had enough of waiting and without warning lets go of the heavy glass cover. It falls on the big cake and ruins it.

After letting go, he goes in the other room and gets a giant Italian schlong rammed up the ass. After that, he eats the smaller cake, but then on the other hand -- he doesn't have to share it.
Ah, but isn't there a part missing where the kids must all pay for the ruined cake even though they never got to eat it? Just trying to follow the logic.

Quite an illuminating anecdote. Thanks, though I think I'm no longer ever interested in eating cake again. :)
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:11 am

Hey, I think it's not necessary to insult. We know (more or less) both sides of the story and now we must just wait and see what Tolkki in RR, and the other guys staying together shows us. We just want music!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

empi

Post by empi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:38 am

Demir wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:Waaaah! All you evil guys care about is cake
LOL LOL :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

OMG..

Explains everything even Tolkki tries to lie, and ban people who tell truth.

In the end Tolkki was a fucking asshole and its good they got rid of him.

Next month there will be press release how "RR didn't want to get signed to SPV because SPV are big assholes" then month after that "RR giant world tour" has been postponed ..

and everything always will be someone elses fault.

Hey tolkki, warrior of lies, while youre here, we're still waiting for the news on the saana charity foundation!! How many starving kids did you save by now?? :lol: :D :lol: :D
Demir i bet you dont have the nuts to say this to TT face to face.
But anyway it doesnt matter in these days there are so much shitposts in the stratoforum. some are deleted some not so who cares anylonger. i am really bored of these you did this u did that u fucked this girl she gives a blowjob to anybody else i dont care about i am interested in the music and not in soap operas. but i have to admit some storys took me a smile.
At this point i won't say that JJTKJM are greedy cause it is there job. And if i worked hard and at end of day there is a lack of 50000 € it wont be nice.
The last album 3 years are over and this is enough time to do maybe 2 or 3 new albums. where is the problem took a good label and bring this fucking music out. Sanctuary Frontiers were all a pick in the loo. I wonder how this can happen to guys which are so long in the business and have so muach experience.The question i am thinking what are labels for ?? to take the risk if the record doesnt went well ? I think what TT did with the selling of Saana was very nice. Or is this way of selling not possible for a band like Strato ??
And this talking about TK songs in strato or not. I seems that TT and TK are very proud cocks and no one wants to walk a step from his position.
And TT is talking about that he wants nothing to do with evil but standing your position and going no step from it is love ?
I dont understand this cause where is the problem releasing a stratoalbum
with a bonusdisk with cool songs from TKJJ or whomever.
The other option is all the guys can't stand each other after 12 years or so . But than say this to the fans do the last album and a last worldtour and the thing would come to a nice end how a band like stratovarius deserves it. But now we are talking about senseless things some euros here some euros there 2008 is half over when talk and insult each other some time we have 2009.
Happy flaming i read it when i am back from holiday :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:29 pm

:eyes:
Well, those at RR Forum think these Demos will be just great!
http://z9.invisionfree.com/RevolutionR/ ... wtopic=152

Once again, you cannot read the forum unless you are a member. :roll:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:45 pm

JensJohansson wrote: In real life, I really don't like cake by the way.
NO NO!!! :lol: You are lying! We all know you like cakes in real life huh? Don´t you remember Jari´s birthday? :lol:
C´mon, confess you do like cakes!

TimoTolkki

Post by TimoTolkki » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:38 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote: I know this is the real reason of the bitterness. I just wonder, why I don't have the hate and bitterness about that money? I lost 1/4 of it too. This is what I don't understand.
I perceive a sort of singularity point of <a href="http://jens.org/maahgaabn.jpg" target=_new>cognitive dissonance</a> in your thinking exactly at this spot. I consider the fact significant that you caused it to be a loss, and; sure you lost 1/5 of it too, but by short-sightedly gaining a larger amount for yourself, from Frontiers.

Of course taking 100 even if it causes a loss to yourself of 50 is rational. 50 is more than zero.

Taking 100 if it causes a loss of 50 for yourself, another separate loss of 50 for Jörg, another separate loss of 50 for me, another separate loss of 50 for TK and another separate loss of 50 for Jari, is greedy behavior.

I think somewhere deep within you understand this too, and that's why that statement was so fucking annoying and hurtful to you.

About this word "greed"... You can analyze it and twist it backwards and forwards, it's still justifiably described as an act of greed.

Greed; excessive desire for getting or having, esp. wealth; desire for more than one needs or deserves;

Imagine five kids sitting around a yummy cake. Everyone wants the cake. They look at that cake for a long time. That cake sure looks yummy! They agree to try to get to this cake, divide it, and yaaay, eat a bunch of cake!

It's however covered by a heavy glass cover. All five kids are needed to lift the cover, and it takes time and patience to balance the cover right so you can lift it straight up and not have it fall on the cake. They keep trying for quite a while. Frustrating.

Now one of the kids gets a little hungry. There is an Italian guy (let's call him Mephistopheles Peregrinus) in the next room who tells this kid, <i>"Pssssst, I have another cake over here. Fuck those other guys. Even though my cake is a little smaller, you'll only at the most get a fifth of that cake with all those guys around it anyway. Just come in here and allow me to fuck you in the ass, and you can have all you want of this cake."</i>

The hungry kid had enough of waiting and without warning lets go of the heavy glass cover. It falls on the big cake and ruins it.

Would this be considered "greedy" or just acting in rational self interest? I think the former. (And what if that fifth kid, as he drops the cover and runs, screams <i>"Waaaah! All you evil guys care about is cake!!"</i> .. and then plunges headfirst, mouth open, into another cake. :))

Do consider myself greedy? No. Do I get really upset at being called a money-hungry corporate person? Not really, I thought that was sort of funny actually. :)

Do I do these things only for money? Obviously not, I could have made about 10,000 times more money in stocks or some crap like that.

Do I make music for money? Of course. I am a person. I am not a communist, I believe in well-regulated capitalism. I need money to live. Money is just a tool which you use to make more music. It is a trade token, not good or evil in itself.

Music is just one of many tools to obtain money, which can then be turned into even more music.

Like that famous saying, "a mathematician is a machine for turning coffee into theorems"...

It's the truth.
-- Charlie Chaplin
Maybe that's a "thank you " for the last 3 years. Not really from your part but from Kotipelto's and Jörg's. Doesn't feel nice, right?
As response to you: I did not want to play in that atmosphere anymore so I left and took my songs with me. Now it's all up to you to do it without me.
So what are you complaining: go to work and write music like I am doing.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:19 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

It's the truth.
-- Charlie Chaplin
Maybe that's a "thank you " for the last 3 years. Not really from your part but from Kotipelto's and Jörg's. Doesn't feel nice, right?
As response to you: I did not want to play in that atmosphere anymore so I left and took my songs with me. Now it's all up to you to do it without me.
So what are you complaining: go to work and write music like I am doing.
Timo, You remind me of Enrico Pollini (Rowan Atkinson's character from Rat Race)

"I'm winning! I'm winning!!!"

I have a question, how many of your new songs are actually new? The last song on New Era sounds a LOT like Soul of a Vagabond musically.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 pm

TimoTolkki wrote:Maybe that's a "thank you" for the last 3 years. Not really from your part but from Kotipelto's and Jörg's. Doesn't feel nice, right? As response to you: I did not want to play in that atmosphere anymore so I left and took my songs with me. Now it's all up to you to do it without me. So what are you complaining: go to work and write music like I am doing.
I'm not complaining, you wrote "this is what I don't understand" and I tried explaining :)

Anyways, before you can call something "water under the bridge", you have to point out that you're on a bridge and then point to the water and then go "aha". It's all part of the process (for everyone).

I can't argue with the way you feel or felt or whatever about the atmosphere, of course not. If that's how you felt, that's how you felt. Nobody should stay around bad vibes if they truly feel them, life is short.

And yes I am also writing stuff. I think the people who understand that the past is the past, and that there are now two good bands instead of one are closest to the truth. What can be wrong with that? Twice the amount of possible music (hopefully anyway)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:35 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
TimoTolkki wrote:Maybe that's a "thank you" for the last 3 years. Not really from your part but from Kotipelto's and Jörg's. Doesn't feel nice, right? As response to you: I did not want to play in that atmosphere anymore so I left and took my songs with me. Now it's all up to you to do it without me. So what are you complaining: go to work and write music like I am doing.
I'm not complaining, you wrote "this is what I don't understand" and I tried explaining :)

Anyways, before you can call something "water under the bridge", you have to point out that you're on a bridge and then point to the water and then go "aha". It's all part of the process (for everyone).

And yes I am also writing stuff. I think the people who understand that the past is the past, and that there are now two good bands instead of one are closest to the truth. What can be wrong with that? Twice the amount of possible music (hopefully anyway)
I realize that it's kinda musical taboo to do this, but could you give us some insight into the songwriting? Is Lauri helping? Is it a jam or a carefully crafted process? Is it like Return of Saileri which Lauri wrote? Or is it more along the lines of Uncertainty (Which TK wrote)? Or even Glory of the World style?

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:37 pm

Rebel wrote: I have a question, how many of your new songs are actually new? The last song on New Era sounds a LOT like Soul of a Vagabond musically.
For whatever it's worth, I think the songs on "New Era" are awesome. Brilliant.

I am definitely not a professional music critic though, so what the hell do I know :lol:
Jens.

"Koskenkorva is very good."
-Ronald Reagan

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:41 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Rebel wrote: I have a question, how many of your new songs are actually new? The last song on New Era sounds a LOT like Soul of a Vagabond musically.
For whatever it's worth, I think the songs on "New Era" are awesome. Brilliant.

I am definitely not a professional music critic though, so what the hell do I know :lol:
I agree, but listen to Revolution Renaissance, The opening riff is very "Soul of a Vagabond" like. Then it hits the verse and the guitar disappears, and we're left with a pretty cool bassline, but no guitar, the transition to the chorus is again SOAV like, Even Kiske's tone in the verse sounds a lot like Koti in SOAV

After "There will be no more pain" in "We are Magic", I expected Pasi to sing "Like the birds in the sky, we are flying so high!"

Which isn't a bad thing because SOAV is an AWESOME song, but still, when I listened to it, I felt like I had heard it before.

I'm actually trying to do a bass and vocals cover of SOAV, so before I forget, is it band secret, or could you pass along the bassline(s?) to SOAV?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 pm

I think RR song is A LOT better than Soul of a vagabond (imo). Eden is burning is INCREDIBLE. And all the album is GREAT.

Hey Jens, we are waiting anxiously to listen your keyboards again!!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:47 pm

RazielSR wrote:I think RR song is A LOT better than Soul of a vagabond (imo). Eden is burning is INCREDIBLE. And all the album is GREAT.

Hey Jens, we are waiting anxiously to listen your keyboards again!!
I respectfully disagree, but maybe the demo with Koti on vocals will change my mind.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:50 pm

Rebel wrote:I realize that it's kinda musical taboo to do this, but could you give us some insight into the songwriting? Is Lauri helping? Is it a jam or a carefully crafted process? Is it like Return of Saileri which Lauri wrote? Or is it more along the lines of Uncertainty (Which TK wrote)? Or even Glory of the World style?
:lol: .... I really can't say yet! Who knows. This is what I mean, there is no point in announcing much of anything until we know what will happen and what it will sound like. Doing anything else is putting the cart before the horse. I realize it seems a very slow process compared to "internet time"...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
:lol: .... I really can't say yet! Who knows. This is what I mean, there is no point in announcing much of anything until we know what will happen and what it will sound like. Doing anything else is putting the cart before the horse. I realize it seems a very slow process compared to "internet time"...
:D

You must sound like: Eternity, Lord of the wasteland, Speed of light, Black Diamond, Father time, Paradise, Will the sun rise, We hold the key, Forever Free, Twilight symphony....

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:56 pm

Lurdi wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: In real life, I really don't like cake by the way.
NO NO!!! :lol: You are lying! We all know you like cakes in real life huh? Don´t you remember Jari´s birthday? :lol:
C´mon, confess you do like cakes!

hahahahahahahhaha

I didn't notice that!

Jens but do you like cakes or not? :D :D :D :D :D :shock: :shock:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:07 am

Rebel wrote:I agree, but listen to Revolution Renaissance, The opening riff is very "Soul of a Vagabond" like. Then it hits the verse and the guitar disappears, and we're left with a pretty cool bassline, but no guitar, the transition to the chorus is again SOAV like, Even Kiske's tone in the verse sounds a lot like Koti in SOAV

After "There will be no more pain" in "We are Magic", I expected Pasi to sing "Like the birds in the sky, we are flying so high!"

Which isn't a bad thing because SOAV is an AWESOME song, but still, when I listened to it, I felt like I had heard it before.

I'm actually trying to do a bass and vocals cover of SOAV, so before I forget, is it band secret, or could you pass along the bassline(s?) to SOAV?
Jesus Christ, start listening more music, people.
It's not like Soul Of A Vagabond was unheard of. Black Sabbath's Heaven And Hell and Dio's Holy Diver, two of my all time favourites, among others have similar cool guitar-riff fades away -> enter bass and vocals. What we have in RR the song is simple heavy metal -riff and chorus. Probably used thousands of times before.
Stop bitching and moaning.