Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:21 am

The songwriting is going very smoothly and nicely. We are making some demos soon and will hit the studio around September. Some song (working) titles are: "Icarus", "Age of Aquarius", "The Loneliness of a Thousand Years", "Revolution has begun", "Mary my Guardian" and "Walk On". I will be able to announce the bass player in early August, but I can tell that he is in fact Swedish.
We are still planning the extensive South American tour we were offered. This would be in December

I am also happy to tell that there will be one more Stratovarius album sometime late next year.
This will be a "get together" album with old friends Tuomo Lassila on drums, Antti Ikonen on keyboards and me on vocals and guitars. There are 12 months in a year and this will be the last and 12th Stratovarius album that will close the whole saga with dignity and respect. The way it is supposed to be.



I will also reissue my "Classical Variations and Themes" and "Hymn to Life" remastered versions through my webshop. The whole tolkki.com is currently undergoing maintenance and new layout procedure and will remain closed for some days more.
                                        Cheers, Timo
-------------------

Didn't see that one coming, did ya? ;)

I thought TT gave up the rights to the name? ???
What if the two StratoAlbums come out at about the same time?

One way to look at it: WOW! TT plays dirty. :shock:
Another: Lots more great music to listen to! :music:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
thefreeone
Sr. Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Quito- Ecuador

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man!

Post by thefreeone » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:35 am

browneyedgirl wrote: I am also happy to tell that there will be one more Stratovarius album sometime late next year.
This will be a "get together" album with old friends Tuomo Lassila on drums, Antti Ikonen on keyboards and me on vocals and guitars. There are 12 months in a year and this will be the last and 12th Stratovarius album that will close the whole saga with dignity and respect. The way it is supposed to be.



I will also reissue my "Classical Variations and Themes" and "Hymn to Life" remastered versions through my webshop. The whole tolkki.com is currently undergoing maintenance and new layout procedure and will remain closed for some days more.
                                        Cheers, Timo
-------------------

Didn't see that one coming, did ya? ;)



just read that... haha and i am still thinking about tolkkis strange mind.. really a dont know what to thin.. so i suppose this was tolkkis surprise... what a strange guy.. but now, if he gave the waiver of STRATOVARIUS name to the other guys, i dont know how he thinks he is going to do a new STRATOVARIUS album, maybe another name like strato?

and the idea about stratovarius doesnt exist without TK JJ JM....?

im really surprised...

and MORMEGIL.. if you read this and try to say things to me u have to:

1 stop being an stupid asshole.
2 u cant judge what i think if u dont know me..., u think im a strato faantic till death... so ill try to destroy TOLKKI becacuse he almosts destroys my favorite band...but no... im not... i think now that there are 2 GREAT BANDS instead of one.... but im still thinking that that bipolar dissorder in TOLKKIs head afects him a lot and he is a lier!... and its just my opinion! and if u dont like it u are free to post whatever u want i really dont care...

Stratowarius
Sr. Member
Posts: 1702
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:28 pm

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 am

:shock: Mr Tollki must have lost it totally. New statement soon where he takes back everything in the earlier ones. Stratovarius is back. Halleluja :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by AGAG » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:13 am

Is JJ going to say something about this? :?

User avatar
Verdades Parias
Sr. Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Entre Ríos, ARGENTINA!!!

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:18 am

mmmmm....smells like tremendous mountain of smelly caca...What about the rights...mmm, someones were talking?....again, Tolkkis word = A penny.
At this time....this a way to resume this:



:pacscat:

User avatar
thefreeone
Sr. Member
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Quito- Ecuador

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by thefreeone » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:25 am

Verdades Parias wrote:mmmmm....smells like tremendous mountain of smelly caca...What about the rights...mmm, someones were talking?....again, Tolkkis word = A penny.
At this time....this a way to resume this:



:pacscat:


caca voooooooooos

User avatar
Verdades Parias
Sr. Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Entre Ríos, ARGENTINA!!!

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:31 am

thefreeone wrote:
Verdades Parias wrote:mmmmm....smells like tremendous mountain of smelly caca...What about the rights...mmm, someones were talking?....again, Tolkkis word = A penny.
At this time....this a way to resume this:



:pacscat:


caca voooooooooos
why you said that?

i think almost the same like you, the difference is that i don't think that he is weird.... :roll:

Lapazeus
Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 6:49 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Lapazeus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:05 am

Timo Tolkki wrote:There are 12 months in a year and this will be the last and 12th Stratovarius album that will close the whole saga with dignity and respect. The way it is supposed to be.[/color]
..*cough* too late.

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by AGAG » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:08 am

Lapazeus wrote:
Timo Tolkki wrote:There are 12 months in a year and this will be the last and 12th Stratovarius album that will close the whole saga with dignity and respect. The way it is supposed to be.[/color]
..*cough* too late.
I think the remaining members should be left with some dignity... is this too much for TT??? :(
(Although I would like to hear Tuomo Lassila again)

User avatar
miditek
Sr. Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:59 am

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by miditek » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:33 am

Image

"What the fuck? Cover tunes by Motown legends 'The Fifth Dimension'? You need to spend some additional time on my couch, Herr Tolkki..."

"Age of Aquarius", indeed. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oq_IskRIg
Κύριε ἐλέησον

User avatar
StratoBOB
Sr. Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:28 am
Location: BULGARIA

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by StratoBOB » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:58 am

I think Sratovarius has 12th album. It's name - "Revolution Uncompleted Demos" IMO
BE TRUE TO YOURSELF, BUT DON'T KILL THE OTHERS DREAMS !!!

User avatar
Verdades Parias
Sr. Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Entre Ríos, ARGENTINA!!!

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Verdades Parias » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:02 am

I don't know...."Dignity".....shameful

Korppi-
Jr. Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele!

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Korppi- » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:55 am

Tolkki's big surprise was a bit late... Sounds a bit weird to me because as far as I know, neither Lassila nor Ikonen has played metal after TT kicked them out from strato. At least at the moment the guys after all play in a same band though. There is this finnish band Cartes Art Machine (http://weegee.espoo.fi/sivu.asp?path=84 ... 6952;47013) which plays electrical art music based on jazz-music traditions. Lassila plays midipercussions and Ikonen keys. So at least the guys are still in touch...

And by the way, when Dio era Black Sabbath reunited, they took their name from one of their songs. So maybe Tolkki, Lassila and Ikonen could do the same. At least Madness Strikes At Midnight would fit ;)
"Rahat tai henki! Roisto antaa sentään valita, mutta nainen vie molemmat"

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by MikeWacho » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:02 am

Korppi- wrote:... So maybe Tolkki, Lassila and Ikonen could do the same. At least Madness Strikes At Midnight would fit ;)
Future Shock right now :shock:

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:10 am

browneyedgirl wrote: I thought TT gave up the rights to the name? ???
Well -- since you asked and there was some sort of statement about it -- yes, that rights transfer is binding.

And the idea in that statement does not make any sense. But I think that is pretty clear to everyone anyway. Think about it -- who in their right mind would sign an agreement to release that record, when the rights to the band name have been assigned away already? I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell them as well :lol:

User avatar
skywalker203
Jr. Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:36 pm
Location: Daegu, S.Korea
Contact:

Oh..my god...

Post by skywalker203 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 am

Yes, really, madness strikes at tolkki's brain.

He wrote the waiver document, and the 'happening' is all over. (It is not serious problem, just a happening because of one mad man. I think). so How? and Why he use the name 'Stratovarius' from his mouth?

Now Stratovarius is none of f***ing loser's business. 12th album? Close the saga? What this....

And one more thing i can never understand is the reply from his statement. What is the people that agree with Timo? Are they also out of mind all?

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 am

I couldn’t care less about what name he puts on it as long as the project gets done and out as anything and it sounds great. Fuck names, fuck statements, fuck bitching about people, let’s just take the music in a love it or leave it fashion.

Korppi-
Jr. Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:59 pm
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele!

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Korppi- » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:33 am

Would be interesting if Lassila also composes music for that album. I mean he has played a great variety of musical styles in his career, and would be interesting to hear how that would be heard in his metal music :)
"Rahat tai henki! Roisto antaa sentään valita, mutta nainen vie molemmat"

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by MikeWacho » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am

now what we need to see is if this project is alive or just dies like the frontier contract...

empi
Member
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:19 pm
Location: Nürnberg

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by empi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:45 am

WTF is TT doing ? All the time he is talking about that there cant be Strato without him JJ TK JM and he hopes the remaining members wont go on with the name Stratovarius. And now he talks about a last strato album with lassila and ikonen. and then the words "dignity" and "respect" "the way it is supposed to be" only laughable.
No one needs this last album with this other line up in my opinion it is only revenge nothing more. TT is talking this and that and then doing the opposite.
Where is the red thread ?
Strato is dead let it rest in peace.
Or do some last shows spend the "evil" money to some charity and disband with dignity and respect. This would be the end stratovarius and we the fans deserved. and TT is right when he says nothing last forever but have you lost somebody without saying a last goodbye ? it is 2x hard. you compare the strato split to a divorce but even there maybe u give one last hug and then go away and dont play cheap games.
Maybe i am complete wrong but this is way it looks in my point of view.
hope something good is coming out of this story.

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:48 am

JensJohansson wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote: I thought TT gave up the rights to the name? ???
Well -- since you asked and there was some sort of statement about it -- yes, that rights transfer is binding.

And the idea in that statement does not make any sense. But I think that is pretty clear to everyone anyway. Think about it -- who in their right mind would sign an agreement to release that record, when the rights to the band name have been assigned away already? I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell them as well :lol:
Me:) The transfer of rights was not a gift. I do not agree the possible continuation under the name Stratovarius firstly because I think it is morally wrong and secondly, because I don't think it would be Stratovarius. So it was not done as a "happy gift" as you make it sound ("thank you for the gift TT").
It seems you guys are not properly informed about the developments by your "manager". I suggest you check with her. That's pretty much all I have to say about this in public.

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by Mormegil » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:56 am

Well I've certainly had my "Jesus fucking Christ, WTF!?" -moment of the day.
icecab21 wrote:I couldn’t care less about what name he puts on it as long as the project gets done and out as anything and it sounds great. Fuck names, fuck statements, fuck bitching about people, let’s just take the music in a love it or leave it fashion.
/my thoughts

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:00 am

empi wrote:WTF is TT doing ? All the time he is talking about that there cant be Strato without him JJ TK JM and he hopes the remaining members wont go on with the name Stratovarius. And now he talks about a last strato album with lassila and ikonen. and then the words "dignity" and "respect" "the way it is supposed to be" only laughable.
No one needs this last album with this other line up in my opinion it is only revenge nothing more. TT is talking this and that and then doing the opposite.
Where is the red thread ?
Strato is dead let it rest in peace.
Or do some last shows spend the "evil" money to some charity and disband with dignity and respect. This would be the end stratovarius and we the fans deserved. and TT is right when he says nothing last forever but have you lost somebody without saying a last goodbye ? it is 2x hard. you compare the strato split to a divorce but even there maybe u give one last hug and then go away and dont play cheap games.
Maybe i am complete wrong but this is way it looks in my point of view.
hope something good is coming out of this story.
Yes I have lost someone without saying goodbye. My father commited suicide when I was 12. It is not a revenge, it is just a natural way to end Stratovarius as it was started and the guys can go on with their new stuff.
It's just a project album in the vibe of Dreamspace and Twilight Time.
Nothing more, nothing less.

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:27 am

This ties into an interesting philosophical question: when is an individual truly responsible for his or her actions? But I suppose it's a little bit outside the scope of this thread. Thus I much recommend this book.

Philosophy aside, assigning the rights the "Stratovarius" band name was a rational and legal act. At that point in time, Revolution Renaissance was still technically signed to Frontiers and I assume an option for a second album was still on the table.

Then, that changed, so this attempt now to reverse the assignment (using any means even remotely possible) is also a rational act. Cash flow probably dried up and the band name is a somewhat valuable asset. There is still debt to clear though, so the assignment is useful for that and as far as I am concerned, it's legal, binding, rational, and irreversible. I don't tend to welsh on my debts with an excuse that "my dog made me sign it", call me old fashioned then.

What the exact meaning of "legal and binding" is in real life where the rubber meets the road, I leave up to legal professionals and not Daniel Dennett..

Of course, you really have to think hard about what it does to your reputation if you sign things and then later claim you don't consider them binding. It is also rational to try to avoid entering into business arrangements with someone like that.

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:40 am

eerrrrm....

mmmmmmmmmmm........ brrrrrrrrr......RAAATAAAATAAAAAATAAAAA!

Image
Image
Image
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
dirge
Sr. Member
Posts: 3481
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by dirge » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 am

This is fucking crazy! Guys you are killing off the bands great name in my heart! :cry:

TimoTolkki
Sr. Member
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:51 pm

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by TimoTolkki » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:52 am

JensJohansson wrote:This ties into an interesting philosophical question: when is an individual truly responsible for his or her actions? But I suppose it's a little bit outside the scope of this thread. Thus I much recommend this book.

Philosophy aside, assigning the rights the "Stratovarius" band name was a rational and legal act. At that point in time, Revolution Renaissance was still technically signed to Frontiers and I assume an option for a second album was still on the table.

Then, that changed, so this attempt now to reverse the assignment (using any means even remotely possible) is also a rational act. Cash flow probably dried up and the band name is a somewhat valuable asset. There is still debt to clear though, so the assignment is useful for that and as far as I am concerned, it's legal, binding, rational, and irreversible. I don't tend to welsh on my debts with an excuse that "my dog made me sign it", call me old fashioned then.

What the exact meaning of "legal and binding" is in real life where the rubber meets the road, I leave up to legal professionals and not Daniel Dennett..

Of course, you really have to think hard about what it does to your reputation if you sign things and then later claim you don't consider them binding. It is also rational to try to avoid entering into business arrangements with someone like that.
Seems to be that the band name is a "valuable asset" indeed..just not to me. All the money after the costs goes to Tuomo and Antti. I will not get a penny. Nevertheless, there is the last Stratovarius album in the works.
If that is a problem for someone, then so be it. I think many people want to hear Stratovarius end it this way rather than Timo Kotipelto and Lauri Porra not wanting to continue as Stratovarius, Jörg Michael not caring and Jens Johansson being the only one that is pushing the Stratovarius name.
I am talking all the time about the name by the way. Not about money.
By the way, why I haven't been sent an invoice about my share of the legal costs of the Stratovarius/Sanctuary case? That is really weird.

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by MikeWacho » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 am

so, now we have:

a divided band

a name passed that don't want to get passed now (which is impossible due to the waiver)

a disc with a name that cannot be used like that now (then why not get the name of a song? as a band)

a new coming legal fight

and we will get, no more new cds thanks to a new legal fight that started thnx to another legal fight (RR only right now)

further new flamewars in the stratoflameus forums...

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:08 am

Exactly Wacho, it is exactly like this.

TimoTolkki, JensJohansson; why all this? Why all these kind of games, fakes, flamewars, shit, biasing people, etc, etc? Do you really think somebody is gonna trust in you?

Are you aware that you are digging your own grave?
Where is your talent now? Lost here? In stratoforums?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

MikeWacho
Member
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: Heavy Metal SURPRISE! Oh, Man TT Copped a Sneaker!

Post by MikeWacho » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:09 am

stoped by legal fights more likely...

Locked