new band name

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
icecab21
Re: new band name

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:02 am

when tolkki left, did he even know that he could have gotten a record deal another company, and if so that it would be higher than his group take and enough to pay anything back? from the way tt has timelined this whole thing, he did not. it can't be leaving for a short term gold if there is no known gold to leave for. from the tolkki timeline it was shopping after the breakup and not before the breakup.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:11 am

TIMO TOLKKI wrote:
Mörkö wrote:
icecab21 wrote:There is no logic whatsoever towards tolkki doing what he did with a prime purpose of short term monetary gain over a long term purpose of personal happiness. The basic fact is that tolkki gets more money in stratovarius then by starting a new band. In stratovarius he gave everyone an even share. In RR everyone is getting an even share.
Here's a bombshell for you guys: rumors have it that Tolkki did not even pay a couple of the people who performed on "New Era". ANYTHING.
That tolkki got a little more money from new era is a short term consequence of his non-satisfaction with playing with the others and not a primary goal from an otherwise content group member. If tolkki was more money oriented he would have given the name and keeped his royalty rights and then pressed on for future success under the name stratovarius.
You have it abit backwards.

They all faced suing their label, he ran out of money, gambled high, got short term money from New Era, ruined the band, lost himself and his old friends $300,000. He got the New Era money and Stratovarius got the legal debt.

To justify what he did he made many statements of "dissatisfaction" and "lcaking spiritualism". Calling it by the true names of greed, jealousy and resentment, was too mundane.
Hi Erin,

You got it a bit wrong. The band was never suing Sanctuary/Universal, but the lawyer was negotiating a settlement which was finally agreed as 120 000euros
minus 30 000e legal costs. The band debt is then 30 000 euros divided with 4.
I really see no logic in not staying in a lucrative band with a "brand" rather than starting from scratch, but if you think I get more money that way, then what can I say. If I would have been happy in the band, of course I would have stayed.
If Stratovarius fans think the band means the same thing when I am not in it, then I am fine with that.
The band really belongs to its fans anyway. From my personal logic when I stopped the band was, as you probably remember, that there cannot be Stratovarius without TK or Jorg and logically then there could be no Strato without me. Now based on what I have read here it seems that people are fine with Stratovarius without me and that of course feels truly bad after being in it for 23 years and it being so big part of my life. But like I said, if that is what the fans want, then that is okay with me. What is truly sad is the unbelievable amount of rumors and hatred towards me.If that is what makes you happy, have fun...I am just going to continue my path with music elsewhere and I wish the guys all the best, luck and happiness with their new band. I see the whole thing from distance now and I just see that it was the best thing for everyone. It really was.

Cheers, Timo
Oh, stop it, TT. Morko is not Erin, and I think you know that. She cannot register here, even under a different nick. And, the writing style is not her at all.

1. Erin's IP is totally banned from here. She cannot get online here if she tried!
2. The last E-Mails I exchanged with Erin, Stratovarius is not the foremost thing in her mind&life at the moment! Trust me on that. ;) (of course, TT, I know you won't. You are too paranoid.).
3. If you examine&compare Morko's writing style&Erin's, it is TOTALLY different! Morko is kind of formal, whereas Erin(Elvenrhapsody, :) girl)is "teenish" and very "casual". The difference is VERY obvious!
4. Morko's posts speak from personal knowledge, I mean, on-hand
up close&personal, right there knowledge of Stratovarius goings-on. Not a long-distance E-mail type of knowledge that, in theory, Erin would have.

Want me to go on, TT?

TT, Its unfair for you to blame Erin for the posts that Morko has made. You just want to discredit Morko&are using Erin in an attempt to do so.
TT, I suggest that you read all of Morko's posts with a clear mind, and you will be enlightened. Morko is NOT Erin Petersen! :)

One more thing. Since TT is not Forum administration any longer, he cannot see the IP addresses on the posts. So, his accusation of Morko being Erin is just that, an accusation! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:07 am

:roll: Remorse. Self-denial. Anger. Bitterness. Envy. Self-compassion. And Envy again :roll:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:39 pm

Forgive my ignorance BEG but who's Erin?
---...---

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 pm

It doesn't matter if it's Erin, Morko-Erin, ElvenMorkoErin or another damn human being in this world.

I don't understand.... what is doing Morko here apart of being here saying little things to start a fight over and over again.

Why don't you talk about music or the new guitar player, the new direction of the guys, etc, etc?

Why is Morko always waiting to shot some strange and confusing sentence?

I don't know who is Morko, but I don't give a shit.

If Morko is one of the band members = I don't give a fucking shit.

If Morko is Erin = I don't give a fucking fucking shit.

If Morko knows the real truth of all the Stratovarius end story = Then again, I don't give a fucking damn shit. Then, write a book.

If Morko speaks from personal knowledge, then his knowledge is really strange, cause I can't extract anything interesting from his posts. Just little sentences saying things that I can say too.

I just can't understand why many people that was amazed with Stratovarius and was amazed with Tolkki, now is here flaming a lot.

I don't understand, why many people is now against the rest of the members and saying in other forums that Kotipelto and the rest sux.

Fuck you all, I will be following Tolkki and The rest and buying his albums and going to gigs, talking in RR forum and in this forum.

Some people forget quickly, how disgusting.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:49 pm

AGAG wrote:Forgive my ignorance BEG but who's Erin?
Erin is a very famous girl in this forum that is banned.

And I am so fed up with this situation too. Aren't there more interesting topics to talk about? For instance music? Why do you always keep on talking about Erin? And BEG, if you are completely sure who Morko is, stop saying: ''Well TT or whoever, stop saying she is Erin cause Morko is not her. Well guys, you can't imagine who Morko is, if you knew it...'' Maybe we are simply not interested in who Morko is and we don't want to know it. But if you are so interested in it just TELL it or don't repeat it over and over again. As simple as that, otherwise you will make us believe it is another nick of you.

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:52 pm

:oops: I think that Erin is one of TTs girlfriends and that she has seen the light. TT has earlier this year blacken her as best as he could and it was not that strange if she wanted to get back at him. But as BEG says she doesnt write as Morko does. Morko I think is a journalist in Helsinki that is close to the band and I have read his column several times when I visited Finland.But who cares anyway? :roll:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:02 pm

Miss Destiny wrote::oops: I think that Erin is one of TTs girlfriends and that she has seen the light. TT has earlier this year blacken her as best as he could and it was not that strange if she wanted to get back at him. But as BEG says she doesnt write as Morko does. Morko I think is a journalist in Helsinki that is close to the band and I have read his column several times when I visited Finland.But who cares anyway? :roll:
You are just making up the whole story, aren't you? :lol:

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 pm

:shock: No Im not,but it is only what I think.In the beginning of all this ,when TT wrote here regulary, there was a fight between them that got rather ugly and typically she was the one that was banned and the whole thing was deleted .Maybe you dont remember,but those were the days here then. :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost wish that I had invented it. That would have been fun :lol: :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:11 pm

Lurdi wrote:
Miss Destiny wrote::oops: I think that Erin is one of TTs girlfriends and that she has seen the light. TT has earlier this year blacken her as best as he could and it was not that strange if she wanted to get back at him. But as BEG says she doesnt write as Morko does. Morko I think is a journalist in Helsinki that is close to the band and I have read his column several times when I visited Finland.But who cares anyway? :roll:
You are just making up the whole story, aren't you? :lol:
Actually, MissDestiny is about 95% right on, and Morko definitely is NOT one of my nicks! :)
But, I'm sure Morko will come here in a day or so to clear it all up.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:52 pm

Miss Destiny wrote::shock: No Im not,but it is only what I think.In the beginning of all this ,when TT wrote here regulary, there was a fight between them that got rather ugly and typically she was the one that was banned and the whole thing was deleted .Maybe you dont remember,but those were the days here then. :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost wish that I had invented it. That would have been fun :lol: :lol:
Yes, I remember everything perfectly. I remember that fight and why that girl was banned. I was here by then. But let's state that she was not a TT's girlfriend. Since everything was deleted, why are many people interested in bringing to life a dead story? If it was deleted...can it be because we should forget it and not talk about it anymore? Certainly! After all, being banned is not a strange thing at all. It hapens ever day in many forums, doesn't it? Well, I personally don't give a fucking shit about her and that issue, therefore I don't wanna waste my precious time talking about it and thinking over it as if it was a relevant thing. Many people should shut up about that issue in this forum, if the don't want themselves to happen the same thing that happened to Erin: BANNED! :!:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:08 pm

Lurdi wrote:
Miss Destiny wrote::shock: No Im not,but it is only what I think.In the beginning of all this ,when TT wrote here regulary, there was a fight between them that got rather ugly and typically she was the one that was banned and the whole thing was deleted .Maybe you dont remember,but those were the days here then. :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost wish that I had invented it. That would have been fun :lol: :lol:
Yes, I remember everything perfectly. I remember that fight and why that girl was banned. I was here by then. But let's state that she was not a TT's girlfriend. Since everything was deleted, why are many people interested in bringing to life a dead story? If it was deleted...can it be because we should forget it and not talk about it anymore? Certainly! After all, being banned is not a strange thing at all. It hapens ever day in many forums, doesn't it? Well, I personally don't give a fucking shit about her and that issue, therefore I don't wanna waste my precious time talking about it and thinking over it as if it was a relevant thing. Many people should shut up about that issue in this forum, if the don't want themselves to happen the same thing that happened to Erin: BANNED! :!:
Please calm down. :roll:
Actually, it was TT who brought it all up by accusing Erin of being Morko. He needed to get his facts straight about the matter.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:28 pm

:fail:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:00 pm

Why don't you get a life and stop gossipping about Tolkki, you are SICK browneyedgirl, get a REAL LIFE. This is cheaper than buying "Hello!" I guess...

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:01 pm

Take care then :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:28 pm

valo_666 wrote:Why don't you get a life and stop gossipping about Tolkki, you are SICK browneyedgirl, get a REAL LIFE. This is cheaper than buying "Hello!" I guess...
No, I'm not the sick one. You only show up here when you think you can jump my ass. Go to Hell. Please.

Why don't you people grow up and stop shooting the messenger. Tolkki is not your knight in shining armor. And, I don't think he's going to come back here again accusing posters of being other people. :)

Most people have now accepted the Stratovarius split and are looking forward to the future of all these bands&the solo stuff, too. It seems TOLKKI cannot accept the fact that people are moving on to finally accepting that he has left. I thought That acceptance was what he wanted?

Anyway, we are looking at a bright future for all concerned. Jens is turning this band around, and making a success out it once again. Whatever this band eventually calls itself, its going to shine brightly, and go forth to be one of Metal's brightest shining stars!

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Who is the epic failure here???: :x I know but I will not tell you because I dont want to be barked at without reason. But it is NOT BEG that is for SURE :)

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:58 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
valo_666 wrote:Why don't you get a life and stop gossipping about Tolkki, you are SICK browneyedgirl, get a REAL LIFE. This is cheaper than buying "Hello!" I guess...
No, I'm not the sick one. You only show up here when you think you can jump my ass. Go to Hell. Please.

Why don't you people grow up and stop shooting the messenger. Tolkki is not your knight in shining armor. And, I don't think he's going to come back here again accusing posters of being other people. :)

Most people have now accepted the Stratovarius split and are looking forward to the future of all these bands&the solo stuff, too. It seems TOLKKI cannot accept the fact that people are moving on to finally accepting that he has left. I thought That acceptance was what he wanted?

Anyway, we are looking at a bright future for all concerned. Jens is turning this band around, and making a success out it once again. Whatever this band eventually calls itself, its going to shine brightly, and go forth to be one of Metal's brightest shining stars!
Don't get me wrong browneyedgirl, I'm so happy that Stratovarius continues even without Tolkki.

You say people have accepted that Stratovarius splits and goes on. But you never accepted Tolkki doesn't like you so now you direct all your anger towards him and well if you think I only show up here to jump your ass, that's the same you do with your beloved Tolkki!

What you are doing really IS gossipping. All you do is speculation getting into private lives of other people. Weren't you here for Stratovarius music after all? This wasn't mean to be a tabloid about Tolkki with you being the cheerleader of the speculating gossipping sheeps! :)

I won't go to hell thanks for the invitation though :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 pm

valo_666 wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:

Don't get me wrong browneyedgirl, I'm so happy that Stratovarius continues even without Tolkki.

You say people have accepted that Stratovarius splits and goes on. But you never accepted Tolkki doesn't like you so now you direct all your anger towards him and well if you think I only show up here to jump your ass, that's the same you do with your beloved Tolkki!

What you are doing really IS gossipping. All you do is speculation getting into private lives of other people. Weren't you here for Stratovarius music after all? This wasn't mean to be a tabloid about Tolkki with you being the cheerleader of the speculating gossipping sheeps! :)

I won't go to hell thanks for the invitation though :)
You are flattering yourself if you think your smartass cheap shots offend, or hurt me. :)
You have been attempting to Cyberly kick my ass for 6 years now over your bullshit idol worshipping. It's getting boring. Let me make you a deal, Valo. I will wire you enough money for a ONE-WAY ticket to come here, and you can attempt to whip my ass in person. How's that? ??? Thats what you want to do, isn't it? Well, let's make it good and get it over with. :D Then we won't have this childish sniping of yours any longer. Savvy? ???

Once again to seemingly braindead people: TT started it. There is nothing wrong in defending someone, and Erin needed defending. If anyone doesn't like it, you can take a long walk off a short pier.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:14 pm

now that timeline thing has yet to be shot down. morko is not the best at accuratcy (in the forum at least, including updating known changes when bass players are changed) no matter how far inside morko is

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:33 pm

:) I think Morko is good enough as a journalist.They dont always know what they think they know but they usually know the most of what they are talking about:lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:39 pm

well morko refuses to use any journalism here so are there any english translations of morko's work in finland?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:54 pm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen ... ction.html

"To be honest, the feedback is more postive than I expected it to be," says Kotipelto. "We’ve heard only good things about this album. But, I’m prepared for people not to like it because it’s different. It was a good thing for me especially that Timo (Tolkki, guitars) composed these songs, because if he would have suggested in December doing songs that were the same shit like on Elements Part 1 and 2 I would have told him ‘Fuck you, I don’t need this.’ I wanted to do something different."

now how nice to each other does that sound in 2005?
if they both have called ( even if only in times of anger) each others work shit, then how good of a relationship could that have been as for having a consistant joy in working together?

this is me sort of wondering about the new musical direction when in that interview kotipelto also says

"Some fans are going to be pissed off, sure," he concedes, "but we’ve done this power epic whatever-you-want-to-call-it metal for 10 albums and we’ve taken it as far as we can. There was no way. The next thing would have been Elements Part 3 with a 1,000 piece orchestra, extremely fast songs and dog-whistle vocals, so what would be the point of that? We’re not 20 year old kids anymore, so we don’t have to prove anything."

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm

I dont know and I think you must have a mother who is a Finn to understand finnish.I have but I cant help you there . Maybe someone else could if you are so interested but it was at least two month since I was in Finland and read him.He is rather good you know and writes about music.And you must remember that he has not confirmed that he is Morko but just Morko is a very wellknown conception in Finland and would be popular as a name.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:43 pm

Geez people stop attacking browneyedgirl and Icecab21, both of them are stratovarius fans the same as you, they are allowed to have whatever opinion they like.

I really haven't seen them say anything to warrent these attacks on them, all I've seen is a bunch of angry bitter fans who spew hate on them cause they happen to bring up some very good points.

So what are we doing persecuting intelligence? I for one think they have made some very good arguments here and am glad they care about the band so much that they are willing to put their reputations on the line.
metal feeds the beast

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:50 am

Why aren't you guys just ignoring the trolls? :roll: So easy, but sooo hard at the same time!?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:18 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Oh, stop it, TT. Morko is not Erin, and I think you know that. She cannot register here, even under a different nick. And, the writing style is not her at all.

1. Erin's IP is totally banned from here. She cannot get online here if she tried!
2. The last E-Mails I exchanged with Erin, Stratovarius is not the foremost thing in her mind&life at the moment! Trust me on that. ;) (of course, TT, I know you won't. You are too paranoid.).
3. If you examine&compare Morko's writing style&Erin's, it is TOTALLY different! Morko is kind of formal, whereas Erin(Elvenrhapsody, :) girl)is "teenish" and very "casual". The difference is VERY obvious!
4. Morko's posts speak from personal knowledge, I mean, on-hand
up close&personal, right there knowledge of Stratovarius goings-on. Not a long-distance E-mail type of knowledge that, in theory, Erin would have.

Want me to go on, TT?

TT, Its unfair for you to blame Erin for the posts that Morko has made. You just want to discredit Morko&are using Erin in an attempt to do so.
TT, I suggest that you read all of Morko's posts with a clear mind, and you will be enlightened. Morko is NOT Erin Petersen! :)

One more thing. Since TT is not Forum administration any longer, he cannot see the IP addresses on the posts. So, his accusation of Morko being Erin is just that, an accusation! :)
I.P. bans are inconvenient, but they are not NEARLY absolute.
http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:20 am

I think in this case it is. ;)
But, its not the banning question, its the "writing style" thing that declares her innocent, plus a couple more absolutes to the mix.
;)

Back on topic: Its STRATO, isn't it?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:50 am

Yes because people can only written in one style. It’s a law of nature that changing styles or role-playing causes spontaneous combustion. Besides ,morko knows everything and even has the power to tell peoples intentions using information that even the other person did not know at the time they have made decisions. never having heard of the erin situation but i'm not sure she had these powers of truth.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 am

browneyedgirl wrote:

the one thing you don't understand is that Timo Tolkki can do whatever he wants. If he wants to question somebody, speak his mind or worship karbala, he's going to express himself and he's free to do so. He can be resentful, disappointing, disapproving, angry, loving, forgiving or whatever he feels at the time! He's human! If anybody has some say in anything regarding Stratovarius it would be Tolkki. I suggest that you take each moment as they come. Timo Tolkki's intent in his message over the years has always been a spirtiually uplifting and positive one. He's not a bad person at heart, he makes mistakes and takes a lot of risks by being so vocal in how he feels. If you feel he acts oddly now, don't attack him but be compassionate and try and help him. At least he has the bravery to do what he wants and he could try to forgive others for being so hateful towards him at the same time. I think that is the most noble and courageous act someone could do. Like tolkki says, "The key to the universe is love"