new band name

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked
User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: new band name

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 am

the one thing you don't understand is that Timo Tolkki can do whatever he wants.......... He's human!
:lol: This is the funniest line I've read today. He can do what he wants? :lol: Why? Only God can do what He wants.
So, since Tolkki is human he has all those rights. So, logically, every other human has those rights, too.
Stratovarius is not "Tolkki" anymore. Or, STRATO, whatever. ???



icecab21 wrote:Yes because people can only written in one style. It’s a law of nature that changing styles or role-playing causes spontaneous combustion. Besides ,morko knows everything and even has the power to tell peoples intentions using information that even the other person did not know at the time they have made decisions. never having heard of the erin situation but i'm not sure she had these powers of truth.
If you can compare hers&Morko's posts you'd know. ;) You are smart, icecab21, you'd know.
Actually, writing style is used alot by FBI and other law enforcement agencies. So, its a serious knowledge. :)
Writing style is almost like a fingerprint. Even very intelligent people cannot change the way they write that much.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: new band name

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:55 am

There are factors and applications to when writing styles get their individual prints.

i am a cat
i wear a hat
i bare a bear
i care for hair
i wear a cat
i am a hat


fingerprint?

Burning Reflection
Sr. Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: new band name

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:04 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
the one thing you don't understand is that Timo Tolkki can do whatever he wants.......... He's human!
:lol: This is the funniest line I've read today. He can do what he wants? :lol: Why? Only God can do what He wants.
So, since Tolkki is human he has all those rights. So, logically, every other human has those rights, too.
Stratovarius is not "Tolkki" anymore. Or, STRATO, whatever. ???

I would hope that you would think this is true. Everyone does have those rights whether it'd be ethically moral or not. The only "god" that exists is the one within every one of us. Everybody is one with "god". We inevitablly are the masters of our own ships and choose how we live our daily lives. Tolkki is attempting to teach others and extend god's arm and virtues even if it's through making "mistakes". If anything, be happy that he can continue his life and pursue his dreams. I feel the animosity and bias that you have towards him, please find compassion in your heart and if you have any criticisim, please let it be loving.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: new band name

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:56 am

hiro23 wrote:Geez people stop attacking browneyedgirl and Icecab21, both of them are stratovarius fans the same as you, they are allowed to have whatever opinion they like.

I really haven't seen them say anything to warrent these attacks on them, all I've seen is a bunch of angry bitter fans who spew hate on them cause they happen to bring up some very good points.

So what are we doing persecuting intelligence? I for one think they have made some very good arguments here and am glad they care about the band so much that they are willing to put their reputations on the line.
Here, here! :D

Actually, I don't really care if people attack because what is posted here, stays here. It does not affect anyone's life personally, at least I hope it doesn't. ???

Arguing over stuff that is relevant is somewhat acceptable if done the right way, within bounds. But, what is uncalled for(IMO)are posters who drag up issues dead&buried for many years just to stir up trouble, or in an attempt(they think)to hurt someone.
Still, this Forum is one of the best&nicest on the 'net, I still feel that! But if someone has controversial opinions, they will need to thicken their hide because they will get stoned! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

rakettitulppa
Member
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: new band name

Post by rakettitulppa » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:04 pm

I realy want that they continue as stratovarius or strato.!

User avatar
Miss Destiny
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: new band name

Post by Miss Destiny » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:30 pm

The one thing you seem to not understand,Burning Reflection, is that BEG and those you so selfcomplacent call Troll also can do whatever they want. They are actualy human too :wink:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: new band name

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:34 am

Miss Destiny wrote:The one thing you seem to not understand,Burning Reflection, is that BEG and those you so selfcomplacent call Troll also can do whatever they want. They are actualy human too :wink:
The REAL Trolls are people like Tjabo and Zlotnick who actually almost brought this forum down with their antics.
Then, >sigh< there are folks who are LABELED Trolls because they are not a member of the "hoi polloi". In other words, people who have a differing opinion on stuff than a portion of others on the forum&thereby, are LABELED a Troll because the masses do not like what the person posts, even if its true.
There are people on forums that are liked, or tolerated until they see things differently than others, and speak up about it. Then, they are LABELED Trolls. Sound familiar? ;)
It takes courage in society, especially on a forum, to think for oneself and not follow the crowd.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: new band name

Post by exe knight » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:05 am

Actually, in a forum it's much easier, I'm kind of used being on the smaller side.

User avatar
Mormegil
Sr. Member
Posts: 4327
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: United States of Europe, FI, Pori
Contact:

Re: new band name

Post by Mormegil » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 am

browneyedgirl wrote:
Miss Destiny wrote:The one thing you seem to not understand,Burning Reflection, is that BEG and those you so selfcomplacent call Troll also can do whatever they want. They are actualy human too :wink:
The REAL Trolls are people like Tjabo and Zlotnick who actually almost brought this forum down with their antics.
Then, >sigh< there are folks who are LABELED Trolls because they are not a member of the "hoi polloi". In other words, people who have a differing opinion on stuff than a portion of others on the forum&thereby, are LABELED a Troll because the masses do not like what the person posts, even if its true.
There are people on forums that are liked, or tolerated until they see things differently than others, and speak up about it. Then, they are LABELED Trolls. Sound familiar? ;)
It takes courage in society, especially on a forum, to think for oneself and not follow the crowd.
This is all very true, except that you're part of the majority. Posting here doesn't take courage from you.
It's like Christians (80% of the population [Finland]) feeling persecuted for their beliefs by atheists (10% of the population).
I'm not saying you're wrong, though and I don't really care anymore.
I was out of this place for two weeks when my school started and not once did I think of how the things were going on in here or with Stratovarius.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: new band name

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:05 am

I was out of this place for two weeks when my school started and not once did I think of how the things were going on in here or with Stratovarius.
A very healthy attitude.
Thats the point of my statement,"Whats posted here stays here. Hopefully."
Getting attacked on a forum for ones own opinion, whether the opinion is right or wrong, is not the end of the world. Why get seriously pissed at something someone 3,000 miles away posts on a forum? Either defend your point of view, or ignore the persons post, or maybe laugh at it. What else can a person do?

I was gone most of today, too&did not think about these forums, or the 'net in general. Shit, there's too many other things to do just to get by in this life.

One thing I wonder about though: In REAL life, like on the job or at school,etc, whenever people "speculate" :roll: or talk about bands&other celebs, do you guys go wild and go crazy, and "go off" about it, making a big deal of it like you do here in the forum? :roll: Odds are you don't, because otherwise, if you start ordering people in REAL life what to talk about, you'd probably get the Hell beat out of you. ;)
And, don't say people do not talk about these things in REAL life, because they do. :roll:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: new band name

Post by exe knight » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:15 pm

Stratovarium


What about Stratovaris? :D

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: new band name

Post by icecab21 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:32 pm

stratogina
stratovavarius

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: new band name

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:33 pm

Stratovolcano?
Stratomen?
Stratostrato?
Stratostratostratostratostrato?
or how about Stratostratostratostratostratostratostratostratostratostrato.......???
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

User avatar
JavyMetal1092
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Chillán,Chile
Contact:

Re: new band name

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:59 pm

:shock: hey,please,not Strato,I always correct the people who says to this way, because they say it for weakness, the real fans that I know, they can speak and Stratovarius says though it they should take them the whole day to say it,because Strato is alone the part metal, and is not that I do not like the metal, it is my favorite style, but what does a perfect mixture to Stratovarius is the melody and does not have anything that to see that Tolkki has gone away, because the alone one was not the melody, it are all the members that are and that have been in the band. :)
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: new band name

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:05 am

JavyMetal1092 wrote::shock: hey,please,not Strato,I always correct the people who says to this way, because they say it for weakness, the real fans that I know, they can speak and Stratovarius says though it they should take them the whole day to say it,because Strato is alone the part metal, and is not that I do not like the metal, it is my favorite style, but what does a perfect mixture to Stratovarius is the melody and does not have anything that to see that Tolkki has gone away, because the alone one was not the melody, it are all the members that are and that have been in the band. :)
yes, but that's what they say it will be the next Stratovarius name :)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

User avatar
ALX
Jr. Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Re: new band name

Post by ALX » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:57 am

well, i don´t really like the sound of it buti will always be their fan :D

User avatar
JavyMetal1092
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 am
Location: Chillán,Chile
Contact:

Re: new band name

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:06 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
JavyMetal1092 wrote::shock: hey,please,not Strato,I always correct the people who says to this way, because they say it for weakness, the real fans that I know, they can speak and Stratovarius says though it they should take them the whole day to say it,because Strato is alone the part metal, and is not that I do not like the metal, it is my favorite style, but what does a perfect mixture to Stratovarius is the melody and does not have anything that to see that Tolkki has gone away, because the alone one was not the melody, it are all the members that are and that have been in the band. :)
yes, but that's what they say it will be the next Stratovarius name :)
yes, but don't like me :(
but this is not important, coz I always will be stratofan,with the name that they want :D
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: new band name

Post by exe knight » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Televarius!

User avatar
Fuuso
Member
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:09 pm
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland

Re: new band name

Post by Fuuso » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:51 pm

How 'bout PRS-Varius :D

Aldaron
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:55 am

Re: new band name

Post by Aldaron » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:54 am

I've changed my mind. I think they should keep the name Stratovarius. The music I'm hearing now is Stratovarius too, though different. It has the same essence and with many of the same guys, why should they not keep it? Bands change and members come it and out and yet bands go on with the name even when there are many changes in members. Stratovarius is a great name and a great band and it should go on, even if Tolkki is not there anymore. He wasn't the band by himself. The other guys have the right to carry on.
Let's Rage!

Burning Reflection
Sr. Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: new band name

Post by Burning Reflection » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:56 pm

What about Ratobearius? :P

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4775
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: new band name

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:10 pm

fantavarius...
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Locked