Cyclic History

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Onepost

Cyclic History

Post by Onepost » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:17 pm

I think the idea of the original post here was to show that things happen...sometimes we can't explain why they happen but they just do.

All we can do is sit back and hope for the best at what the remaining Strato members will do in the future.

Bands do break up all the time. That's just a fact of the business. It sucks ... and I can think of countless times favortie bands have broken up, But you still have the music they gave you and that's what really counts isn't it?

Maybe i was a bit blunt in my previous post... the point of it was to show that you should remember the better times when the quality of the music was exceptional, and stop pointing fingers ... sure there will be unnecessary matters on from all sides and from every angle. Pointing fingers never helps, and being bitter about it doesn't help either...

that was all i was trying to say.

Mormegil

Re: Cyclic History

Post by Mormegil » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:56 pm

Listen to this man.

COUGAR

Post by COUGAR » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:57 pm

You are so worried personally about what people post on a forum, aren't you? :lol: I wonder why. ;) And your writing style is very familiar, Onepost. So, who are you really?

Technically, I agree with 90% of what you said, but everybody knows all that you said. You did not need to tell anyone all that bullshit. However, whats your point of this statement?

quit being so die hard and get lives that focus on yourselves rather than a band ... they all have their own thing .. why don't you???
By you posting this topic, you can be accused of the same.
All of us here have our own lives, do you want to prove differently? And being interested about what happens to Stratovarius does not say anything except, well, we love the band and we are concerned for them and their future.
So, sue us.

Remember it takes more than 1 person to break up a band...these people don't owe you any excuses for what they do in life.
This statement gave you away more than your IP ever could.
I don't recall anyone on this board ever implying that these band "owe" the fans anything, except maybe good music.
TT did not even "owe" fans all those rambling statements, but we were gifted with them, nonetheless!
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and "if onlys".

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:09 am

Well some of us are still children.

I think tolkki is the one that has the name problem. I care about the songs more than the name and that’s why I think if they keep the name they should keep the songs. If they say something like "ok we are going to keep the name but we will never play something from such and such album" and "we will never write or talk about such and such a theme again". Then I think a new name would be more respectful. Since I don't think they would do that there should not be anything to even think about and even if they did oh well not something to worry about or be stressed over. I also think that tolkkis and the rest of the bands views should be more respected without them being insulted every time they speak their feelings and their motives being dismissed every time they give their reasons. It takes a team effort to take tolkki and the rest of the band off their values and message. The guys are all human, shove a knife in them and they crack, focus on finding elements to connect to and they will act a lot better.

ainuman

Post by ainuman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Onepost wrote: Iron Maiden - Bruce Dickinson and Paul Dianno
Sorry but Iron Maiden = Steve Harris -> just little mistake, that is now forgotten :D

COUGAR

Post by COUGAR » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:20 am

ainuman wrote:
Sorry but Iron Maiden = Steve Harris -> just little mistake, that is now forgotten :D
True. So very true.
Btw, Onepost misspelled Stratovarius.
And, baby, you don't have to die to become a martyr, the list is endless! ;)
@ainuman, your avatar is terrific.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and "if onlys".

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:07 am

COUGAR wrote:Y
TT did not even "owe" fans all those rambling statements, but we were gifted with them, nonetheless!
I'd rather have coal.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:29 am

AMBR@BEC wrote:
COUGAR wrote:Y
I'd rather have coal.
+5
At least coal is worth something.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:37 am

with energy prices these days give me coal and lots of it.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:45 pm

ainuman wrote:
Exactly, I hate how even when it's blatantly obvious who the brains behind the operation is, the lead vocalist gets credit for the band somehow, but Steve Harris=Iron Maiden.