Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
The Enigma
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:15 am
Location: Finland

Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by The Enigma » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:45 am

From Iltasanomat, Aug 05. 2008



Timo Kotipelto will remake Stratovarius

Timo Kotipelto who was attending to the 7 yrs birthday party of "On The rocks" -bar in Helsinki said that they [Stratovarius] will continue, but he's got no idea which name the band will take in the future.
- Also, Mr Timo Tolkki will not be with us.

The band will start working on new CD in the fall.
- If we are lucky, we will have the CD finished next spring.

Right now Timo Kotipelto is busy with arrangments of the resurrected Tulivuorirock festival due Aug 15. - 16. at Lappajärvi, Finland.



So, it looks like there will be a future for the band without Tolkki after all... lets wait and see :)

.
The 1st rock thrown again
Welcome to hell, little Saint
Mother Gaia in slaughter
Welcome to paradise, Soldier

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 am

Lots of cool stuff to look forward to. Two new bands (lineups), and one or two new names. spring will bring two new lineups to life

User avatar
StratoFabio
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by StratoFabio » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 am

good news! it's a pity we have not been able to see any StratoGig this summer. I hope in 2009!
StratoFabio

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 am

the 7 events in 2007 don't really count as being together either. im hoping these bands become full time bands and not these 20 or less concerts a year and a cd every 3 years while everyone does their own thing inbetween.

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:10 pm

This is good news! :rvd:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
black death
Sr. Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by black death » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Nice. But I would like to see some more official announcement...on Strato website or on Koti's website or something like that :?

User avatar
stratohawk
Sr. Member
Posts: 3067
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:35 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by stratohawk » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 pm

Yes, this lack of official information still is, and has always been, the biggest problem for us fans. Very unsatisfying.
it's a pity we have not been able to see any StratoGig this summer.
I don't want to disappoint you, but probably we will never see any StratoGig again. :wink:

User avatar
StratoFabio
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by StratoFabio » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:59 pm

stratohawk wrote:
it's a pity we have not been able to see any StratoGig this summer.
I don't want to disappoint you, but probably we will never see any StratoGig again. :wink:
if the album is out in 2009, we will see them again
StratoFabio

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by RazielSR » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:27 pm

What's new here? We knew that, he said the same in his myspace. What we don't know is if they are gonna continue with the name or not.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:34 pm

StratoFabio wrote:
stratohawk wrote:
it's a pity we have not been able to see any StratoGig this summer.
I don't want to disappoint you, but probably we will never see any StratoGig again. :wink:
if the album is out in 2009, we will see them again
Hopefully, still as Stratovarius! :)
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by Lurdi » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:53 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
StratoFabio wrote:
stratohawk wrote:
it's a pity we have not been able to see any StratoGig this summer.
I don't want to disappoint you, but probably we will never see any StratoGig again. :wink:
if the album is out in 2009, we will see them again
Hopefully, still as Stratovarius! :)
Of course we are gonna see them. But it's high time they said something official and new...Because the fact they are going to remain together is something we already know.

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 am

hopefully united and on the same page for lasting with whatever they choose to create and go by. i want them to be comfy and have their hearts in what they do and the lyrics and story behind it. may they fly like a eagle on the wigns to tomorrow or walk to their own songs.

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by Lurdi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:18 am

icecab21 wrote:hopefully united and on the same page for lasting with whatever they choose to create and go by. i want them to be comfy and have their hearts in what they do and the lyrics and story behind it. may they fly like a eagle on the wigns to tomorrow or walk to their own songs.
I want them to continue writing songs, singing and playing putting their hearts in it, not for money,at least not only for money. That is the most important thing for me, because if they are together just for money, it will only last a couple of years, until they are fed up with the band and putting up with each other.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:18 am

I'm sure they will stay together, the bond between TK,JJ,LP and JM is actually pretty strong.
Remember the main fights were between Timo K and Timo T because Timo K believed he wasn't being allowed to express himself because Timo T was being a dictator when it came to songwriting
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by AGAG » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:52 am

hiro23 wrote:I'm sure they will stay together, the bond between TK,JJ,LP and JM is actually pretty strong.
Remember the main fights were between Timo K and Timo T because Timo K believed he wasn't being allowed to express himself because Timo T was being a dictator when it came to songwriting
How can we be sure?, that's not what TT said ???
---...---

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:06 am

since tk and lp do everything together we know they have great chemistry. if they start with a new name that will be 4 bands that they have been part of together. thats got to be some kind of record. and they will release some kind of record as well.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 pm

AGAG wrote:
hiro23 wrote:I'm sure they will stay together, the bond between TK,JJ,LP and JM is actually pretty strong.
Remember the main fights were between Timo K and Timo T because Timo K believed he wasn't being allowed to express himself because Timo T was being a dictator when it came to songwriting
How can we be sure?, that's not what TT said ???
because I saw it on an interview with TK, he was the one saying that he would constantly get frustrated with TT because he felt like his opinion on certain lyrics was not heard by TT
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by AGAG » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:37 am

hiro23 wrote:
AGAG wrote:
hiro23 wrote:I'm sure they will stay together, the bond between TK,JJ,LP and JM is actually pretty strong.
Remember the main fights were between Timo K and Timo T because Timo K believed he wasn't being allowed to express himself because Timo T was being a dictator when it came to songwriting
How can we be sure?, that's not what TT said ???
because I saw it on an interview with TK, he was the one saying that he would constantly get frustrated with TT because he felt like his opinion on certain lyrics was not heard by TT
Maybe... Tolkki was trying to save Strato's philosophy? ???
---...---

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:02 am

Strato has a philosophy? ??? Are they considered a religion now, or something? =P Do bands have philosophies? ???

Seriously, TKs songs that he has written have a good message, upbeat songs about love, and even about history. Pardon me, but I don't see where Tolkki's gripe is? ???
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by AGAG » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:27 am

Maybe in a band, Philosophy = Message they try to give. Tolkki's message was freedom peace and all that stuff. Yes, Tk's lyrics are good, but they are kind of different from strato, Maybe Tolkki was trying to keep strato's messages?
---...---

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:16 am

browneyedgirl wrote:Strato has a philosophy? ??? Are they considered a religion now, or something? =P Do bands have philosophies? ???

Seriously, TKs songs that he has written have a good message, upbeat songs about love, and even about history. Pardon me, but I don't see where Tolkki's gripe is? ???
I agree, there's nothing wrong with having a few songs that are different, helloween does it all the time
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:15 am

Not all bands have a message. We don't, we just write depressing songs :p Stratovarius always did though, that was TT's baby, the message Strato always had. I'm sure TT can carry on giving that message with RR. Maybe Strato (or whatever they'll be called) will go off in another direction.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
scorp
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: Piraeus, Hellas

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by scorp » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 am

I think that the main difference is that everyone thought the band to be called "Stratovarius" while TT thought of it as "Timo Tolkki's Stratovarius"... But that's out of topic already. :)
Insurrection!

User avatar
Verdades Parias
Sr. Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Entre Ríos, ARGENTINA!!!

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:21 pm

scorp wrote:I think that the main difference is that everyone thought the band to be called "Stratovarius" while TT thought of it as "Timo Tolkki's Stratovarius"... But that's out of topic already. :)
THE BIGGEST TRUTH EVER TOLD!!! :lol:

Yes, out of topic, but good words

About Koti, it seems that they are really dealing with the YES/NO Stratovarius. Big dilema!

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:14 am

Kind of like ritchie blackmore's rainbow


Hmmm I think I had a good idea, why don't they both keep stratovarius and just name it for each band representitive

like Jens Johannson's stratovarius

and Timo Tolkki's stratovarius

hmmmm?????? :lol:
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by AGAG » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:45 am

Then there would be fights between JJ TK JM and LP don't you think?? :lol:
---...---

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:47 am

They could give LP the rights and the money from the back catalogue royalties and any future releases. Make this one hot potato or like the dread pirate Roberts. The dread pirate does sound like a could name or Jamaican pirate metal band.

one thing they could do is keep the name and change the logo.

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by AGAG » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:50 am

icecab21 wrote:They could give LP the rights and the money from the back catalogue royalties and any future releases. Make this one hot potato or like the dread pirate Roberts. The dread pirate does sound like a could name or Jamaican pirate metal band.

one thing they could do is keep the name and change the logo.
I think it would be better the other way around, keep the logo and change the name, the logo is too cool to be forsaken :D
---...---

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:34 am

have their logo as part of their symbol but not their name? now if they want to be called stratovarius it would be a pitty to lose the dolfins or ditch the siting in round chairs promotional pics

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
R.F.
Member
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by R.F. » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:43 am

Another piece of good news. It is promising since it comes from TK.
AGAG wrote:Maybe in a band, Philosophy = Message they try to give. Tolkki's message was freedom peace and all that stuff. Yes, Tk's lyrics are good, but they are kind of different from strato, Maybe Tolkki was trying to keep strato's messages?
Look through Episode lyrics. Can you say that all songs are divided between Tolkki and Kotipelto. I cannot. Maybe I`m not a great expert of poetry, but the only thing that can be hardly seen - two types of expressing feelings. No one has right that is better than another. You can only decide for yourself, which one you like. For example, for me the whole Stratovarius is in demo lyrics of Black Diamond.
And by the way Tolkki proved that he does not follow in life.the rules he`d been proclaiming in songs.

Locked