Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:05 am

He proves he does not always follow his ideal set of mind and values, yet that's also what he writes about.
What is living what one rights (writes) about and what are the proofs and time requirements?

There is a difference between "does not", "can't", and "does not always"

I'd rather see quantifiable data. There are all sorts of fun number systems that can be made up for this. (in general here, i'm not thinking of this just for one dude)

User avatar
COUGAR
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:21 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by COUGAR » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:03 pm

R.F. wrote:Another piece of good news. It is promising since it comes from TK.
AGAG wrote:Maybe in a band, Philosophy = Message they try to give. Tolkki's message was freedom peace and all that stuff. Yes, Tk's lyrics are good, but they are kind of different from strato, Maybe Tolkki was trying to keep strato's messages?
Look through Episode lyrics. Can you say that all songs are divided between Tolkki and Kotipelto. I cannot. Maybe I`m not a great expert of poetry, but the only thing that can be hardly seen - two types of expressing feelings. No one has right that is better than another. You can only decide for yourself, which one you like. For example, for me the whole Stratovarius is in demo lyrics of Black Diamond.
And by the way Tolkki proved that he does not follow in life.the rules he`d been proclaiming in songs.
+5
Good post! Frankly, I think Tolkki himself would agree with you if he is honest with himself.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and "if onlys".

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:23 am

I think too much importance gets placed on one single member, don't get me wrong once again I think Tolkki is a superb musician and he's got a bright future in RR.

Having said that I believe stratovarius is a band, not a person but a band.
It really is bad when others are discounting the efforts of all the other musicians involved.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:10 am

hiro23 wrote:I think too much importance gets placed on one single member, don't get me wrong once again I think Tolkki is a superb musician and he's got a bright future in RR.

Having said that I believe stratovarius is a band, not a person but a band.
It really is bad when others are discounting the efforts of all the other musicians involved.
Yeah, that Stratovarius=Tolkki mindset. :roll:
Its really annoying when people harp on that because Stratovarius was a team, all members working together using their individual talent to create the music we all love! I mean, how hard is it to see that?
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:06 am

And now that we don’t have that team it's a different band. tolkki called it a team of the core members tt tk jj and jm. now that would be a much easier thing to stick to if he did not insist on calling his project album with the first stratovarius lineup even after ditching a name that he thinks would be immoral for the others to use. It seems tollki sees the band as more of his decisions than anything else with it being that he was the one that gave the green light and wrote and arranged the majority of the music and concert settings. He got neurotic there and had to leave or kick out tk and jm (whether the feeling came from being neurotic or reality) and he chose to close the band because it would not be stratovarius without them. And then he chooses to make a “sue me” album as the way he feels the best way to end his period of life with stratovarius. With the way he writes it though it seems he is getting peace with doing it this way though. Whether that’s how he feels on the inside or not is his thing to deal with as in the grand scheme of things a name is trivial and what matters more is how the band acts and uses the resources they receive. legaly the name was owned by one person and now its owned by 3 different people unless they have decided to expand the ownership.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:53 pm

you see that's exactly what I'm saying, I love tolkki but he really seems to be acting very irrationaly.

I mean if he really didn't care what happened with stratovarius then why has he done the things he has in the last little while?

it really makes no sense and as I have said earlier I really believe he's never recovered from that first breakdown.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
StratoFabio
Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:45 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by StratoFabio » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:37 pm

hiro23 wrote:you see that's exactly what I'm saying, I love tolkki but he really seems to be acting very irrationaly.

I mean if he really didn't care what happened with stratovarius then why has he done the things he has in the last little while?

it really makes no sense and as I have said earlier I really believe he's never recovered from that first breakdown.
in fact I hope the other members continues with Stratovarius name
StratoFabio

User avatar
COUGAR
Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:21 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by COUGAR » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:16 am

StratoFabio wrote:
hiro23 wrote:you see that's exactly what I'm saying, I love tolkki but he really seems to be acting very irrationaly.

I mean if he really didn't care what happened with stratovarius then why has he done the things he has in the last little while?

it really makes no sense and as I have said earlier I really believe he's never recovered from that first breakdown.
in fact I hope the other members continues with Stratovarius name
So do I. Lots and lots of fans do.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and "if onlys".

User avatar
Lurdi
Sr. Member
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: On the Mediterranean

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by Lurdi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:11 pm

COUGAR wrote:
StratoFabio wrote:
hiro23 wrote:you see that's exactly what I'm saying, I love tolkki but he really seems to be acting very irrationaly.

I mean if he really didn't care what happened with stratovarius then why has he done the things he has in the last little while?

it really makes no sense and as I have said earlier I really believe he's never recovered from that first breakdown.
in fact I hope the other members continues with Stratovarius name
So do I. Lots and lots of fans do.
Becasue TT thinks he is completely right in everything he's done, and the rest think they are right too. Remember Find your own voice, for instance. ''You speak your truth and I speak mine''
We will never know the truth, how can we judge who is right and who is wrong? It depends very much on the eye, on the person. To judge and know the two stories we should have witnessed everything, and we didn't. We also have to think that there are very private details that we don't know and we should not know because it's no concern of ours.
Personally, I would like them to continue with the name, but we should only care about their music. That is what really matters me, as a fan. I want good music that makes me quiver, moves and thrills me, like in old times, either from TT or the rest.

attila87
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:49 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by attila87 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:58 pm

The only possible name of the band - if they continue - is STRATOVARIUS. Any other name is bullshit, there's absolutely no point in trying to change the name, they've got the right to keep it, and from this point no cares if they have TT or not. I'm pretty sure that lots of people all around the world will get the new album and go to the concerts because of anything the band have done since 1994 (4th D.). And this band is called Stratovarius, and I truly hope that the members will realise it, and won't start looking for a new name.
Ézsiás Attila

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

attila87 wrote:The only possible name of the band - if they continue - is STRATOVARIUS. Any other name is bullshit, there's absolutely no point in trying to change the name, they've got the right to keep it, and from this point no cares if they have TT or not. I'm pretty sure that lots of people all around the world will get the new album and go to the concerts because of anything the band have done since 1994 (4th D.). And this band is called Stratovarius, and I truly hope that the members will realise it, and won't start looking for a new name.
I agree with you 100%, I mean Tolkki has been an important part of Stratovarius but if he wanted to take the name with him he should have never signed that legally binding contract.

Stratovarius is Now TK,JJ and JM's now, plain and simple
metal feeds the beast

attila87
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:49 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by attila87 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 am

Yes, the Priest or the Maiden didn't change name after Halford or Dickinson left (although they were not founding members), however they were indispensable parts of the bands. Now TT does his own stuff, but people need Stratovarius (i.e. the band, the name and even the letter type from the from the album covers). Once (hopefully very soon) I wanna go to a Strato show, where they play Father, Distant, Legions, etc. without tension, or any kind of opposition, and as I said I WANNA SEE STRATOVARIUS! Although it won't (or wouldn't) be the same, they should keep alive the old songs, and write new ones with a new guitarist and for the sake of the music itself!
Ézsiás Attila

User avatar
MetalAngel
Sr. Member
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by MetalAngel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:34 am

hiro23 wrote:I agree with you 100%, I mean Tolkki has been an important part of Stratovarius but if he wanted to take the name with him he should have never signed that legally binding contract.
The problem is that contract is full of typographic mistakes... :wink:
attila87 wrote: the Priest or the Maiden didn't change name after Halford or Dickinson left
Judas Priest's name is legally the property of K.K. Downing and Ian Hill.

Iron Maiden's name is owned legally by Steve Harris.

That's why those two bands didn't change their names, as the founders and legal owners were still in the bands. :wink:

Stratovarius' case is utterly different, unfortunately... :(
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:06 pm

The problem is that contract is full of typographic mistakes... :wink:


So?
A person can write their own will[for example], and if the signature is witnessed by at least 2 people, it will hold up in a court of law. More so, if it is notarized.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2134
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 pm

attila87 wrote:Yes, the Priest or the Maiden didn't change name after Halford or Dickinson left (although they were not founding members), however they were indispensable parts of the bands.
I actually think Bruce Dickinson was replaced VERY well. I actually prefer the live stuff with Blaze Bayley, I think if not for the constant comparison to Bruce Dickinson, and the hatred that he couldn't sing Run to the Hills at live shows, then Blaze Iron Maiden could have been VERY successful.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Actually this situation is more like the one with Pink floyd in the 80's.

Remember Roger waters fought David gilmour tooth and nail so they wouldn't make another Pink floyd album and in the end they did anyways and I think they were better for it.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by icecab21 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:57 pm

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.com/band/interv ... views.html

here is one of those gotta love rogers answers.


"Trib: I know you're planning on including a number of Floyd songs in your set. Is that your way of reclaiming the legacy?

RW: I saw a video my ex-colleagues did of one of their recent tours and it became obvious to me that they never understood any of it at all. And neither did quite a large number of the great unwashed: As long as there are lots of lights going off and they can recognize the tunes, they're relatively happy. My ex-colleagues remain connected to the numbers (profits) but you don't feel the connection with the original magic.

The working relationship I had with Dave and Nick and even Rick up to and including "The Dark Side of the Moon" (1973) was very exciting and interesting and worthwhile, but after that it became very problematic. We'd done everything we had set out to do, and we kind of clung together from that point on in a very uneasy marriage because of the name, because it was easy and we'd created an enormous audience. Dave did some great work after "Dark Side," but I provided the philosophy, the politics, the heart behind those records.

With all due respect to the people who bought them, the albums they put out after I left have been rubbish. It's been about trying to write songs that sound like Pink Floyd, without the ideas. On the last record, Gilmour got his wife to help write the lyrics -- that's pure "Spinal Tap." Eric Stewart of (British band) 10cc told me he got a call from Gilmour saying, "We're trying to make a new record and we need a concept. Got any ideas?" It's funny now, but it really pissed me off then... that no one saw through that at the time. But I think history is starting to show that none of that stuff is really lasting. "

User avatar
MetalAngel
Sr. Member
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by MetalAngel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Rebel wrote:
attila87 wrote:Yes, the Priest or the Maiden didn't change name after Halford or Dickinson left (although they were not founding members), however they were indispensable parts of the bands.
I actually think Bruce Dickinson was replaced VERY well. I actually prefer the live stuff with Blaze Bayley, I think if not for the constant comparison to Bruce Dickinson, and the hatred that he couldn't sing Run to the Hills at live shows, then Blaze Iron Maiden could have been VERY successful.
I really like Blaze Bayley with his own stuff (Blaze - silicon messiah, etc), but with Maiden it's different. I prefer his vocals on The X Factor and Virtual XI than during his shows with Maiden...simply, because he made so many mistakes and didn't sing right most of the time. :?
Toutes choses étant égales, par ailleurs, la solution la plus simple est toujours la meilleure.

Spirit Of Metal Webzine : http://www.spirit-of-metal.com

www.myspace.com/metalangelmusic

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Timo Kotipelto: We will continue

Post by hiro23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:42 pm

See that's my point, the situation with stratovarius is very similiar to the one pink floyd had in the 80's.

I'm sure stratovarius will go on and a lot of fans will be happy and a lot of others will think it's blasphemy, but in the end I'm sure they'll be better for it.
metal feeds the beast

Locked