Petition for Jens

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Verdades Parias
Petition for Jens

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:56 am

I would respectfully ask for something to Jens Johansson or someone there. Please, for me it is very important.

I am a big fan of a song of very uncommon of Stratovarius.
The song is RIDE LIKE THE WIND, bonus track of Elements pt. II album, written by Jens.
Every day at least once i listen to it, i love it. And my problem is that the only way i can hear it, is through a video on Youtube, so it is very uncomfortable. My request is, if not discomfort, IF YOU CAN upload MYSPACE of Stratovarius and put the song on it.

I will be very grateful, I think that many fans want to hear it more , is really a great song. And we want to hear it with a good quality and easely

Greetings, and good music!

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: Petition for Jens

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:39 am

Oh i'm a lumberjack and i'm ok
I sleep all night and I work all day

http://boomp3.com/listen/c1slzs77y_y/ride-like-the-wind

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:35 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Oh i'm a lumberjack and i'm ok
I sleep all night and I work all day

http://boomp3.com/listen/c1slzs77y_y/ride-like-the-wind
Not sure where we're going with this, but:

I cut down trees, I wear high heels
Suspendors and a bra
I wish I'd been a girlie
Just like my dear papa
Let's Rage!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:57 am

I chop down trees,
I skip and jump,
I like to press wild flowers,
And dress in women's clothing,
And hang around in bars.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:44 pm

ride like the wind has been streaming on Stratovarius' myspace for a looooong time :? :)

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:ride like the wind has been streaming on Stratovarius' myspace for a looooong time :? :)
Whose MySpace are you on? :lol:

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:01 pm

whoa, you're right. That's run away on there :oops: Now that I really think about it, I don't think I've ever heard ride like the wind! :(

Edit: Just found the youtube video. What a cool solo!

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:35 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:I would respectfully ask for something to Jens Johansson or someone there. Please, for me it is very important. I am a big fan of a song of very uncommon of Stratovarius. The song is RIDE LIKE THE WIND, bonus track of Elements pt. II album, written by Jens. Every day at least once i listen to it, i love it. And my problem is that the only way i can hear it, is through a video on Youtube, so it is very uncomfortable. My request is, if not discomfort, IF YOU CAN upload MYSPACE of Stratovarius and put the song on it. I will be very grateful, I think that many fans want to hear it more , is really a great song. And we want to hear it with a good quality and easely Greetings, and good music!
I guess someone found it for you :)

BTW myspace only allows so many songs to be uploaded, and a lot of people probably have the ones there on their profiles .. but there is no way to tell how many.

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:37 am

Actually MySpace now has a new music player that allows ten songs uploaded. Right now, the Strato MySpace only has about 6 songs on it. So if you really wanted to you could add it. :)

JavyMetal1092

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:24 am

I have this song is very good,if you want I can give it to you I left a message in your mailbox in which you can see like I can give it to you :) Good taste :D
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:27 am

Star_Ocean wrote:Actually MySpace now has a new music player that allows ten songs uploaded. Right now, the Strato MySpace only has about 6 songs on it. So if you really wanted to you could add it. :)
Ah! OK. Didn't even realize they changed the number of songs ... I will keep that in mind! :)

Well anyway someone found that RLTW Japanese bonus track system song somewhere on some intertube or other.. I thought it was a sort of OK song anyway. There are distorted DX7 chords which I made well-tempered with some weird DX7 micro tuning capable firmware. Same system as with eg. "Deal with it" from that first Johansson bros. record. I like that sound somehow.

I guess RLTW was licensed to JVC Japan in case you wanna know whose copyright you're violating if you download it :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:51 am

Yes, but as the poster mentioned, youtube isn't opportune for listening to music, if you could put it on myspace, or even as a download, considering you own the music now, that would be awesome

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:59 am

Even downloading it may be like a house made of cards, and there probably will be no time to run unfolding the path behind you, listening it deserves the risk!
Mariano

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 am

Rebel wrote:Yes, but as the poster mentioned, youtube isn't opportune for listening to music, if you could put it on myspace, or even as a download, considering you own the music now, that would be awesome
The rights were assigned to JVC at the time .. I guess in consideration of royalty payments and stuff, details details. :) They still have them as far as I know.

I know utoob sux.. AAAAAAAAAA posted some sort of link ... i listened a few seconds, it sounded like it was stereo. Dunno!

You could probably buy a copy in the Nuclear Blast mp3-shop.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 am

I feel like an idiot...I just uploaded the song to rapidshare (truly a heroic feat for someone with my 7kb/s upload speed) but I copied the wrong url and closed my browser (which doesn't store web history), so I don't have the link anymore :roll:

Maybe its for the best, go buy the japanese version of the album and support stratovarius (or their obscure japanese label) 8)

Stealth

Post by Stealth » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:18 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Maybe its for the best, go buy the japanese version of the album and support stratovarius (or their obscure japanese label) 8)
Yes, I think we would be supporting the label rather than Strato.

Anyways, I have already said what I think about cd prices, so here's the link to my topic. SevenGates have earned my respect for their honesty.

http://www.stratovarius.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8718
If irony were made of strawberries, we'd all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now.