The Land Before Time

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Beast_Pete
Re: The Land Before Time

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Jörg would be PapaBear(d). ;)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:22 pm

I wish we lived in a time where being fat actually meant something. Being fat, centuries ago, was a sign of wealth and success. Everyone wanted to be fat.

Now it is the complete opposite. If you're fat, you're gross, disgusting, DESPICABLE.

It's amazing how times change. 400 years ago, Timo would be seen as a God. Now, all people do with him is make fat jokes. :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Being fat has always meant health problems no matter what the social attitude has been.

Some people show concern for health problems, other just likes to laugh at them, and other just want to insult people because of them. No matter what social reaction, it's still a health problem.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/discriminatory

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:09 am

Star_Ocean wrote:I wish we lived in a time where being fat actually meant something. Being fat, centuries ago, was a sign of wealth and success. Everyone wanted to be fat.
Yep, then Rosie O'Donell would be a sex symbol.
It's amazing how times change. 400 years ago, Timo would be seen as a God.
You don't think people already see him as a God, the way they are reacting to this topic?
icecab21 wrote:Beg is discriminatory but show me someone who isn't?
You don't know what you are talking about so stop the judgmental bullshit.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:25 am

Put a depiction of Allah on an animal, and then send it out to all the fundamentalist Muslim groups you can find with your address and a picture included, then you will see people react to what they see as blasphemy to their god.

Maybe some people do see him as a god; maybe we are all gods or goddesses to some people. No matter what, he would be an ironic god, but I think all gods are ironic.
You don't know what you are talking about so stop the judgmental bullshit.
explain?

Adj. 1. discriminatory - being biased or having a belief or attitude formed beforehand; "a prejudiced judge"
prejudiced
2. discriminatory - containing or implying a slight or showing prejudice; "discriminatory attitudes and practices"; "invidious comparisons"
invidious
unfavorable, unfavourable - not encouraging or approving or pleasing; "unfavorable conditions"; "an unfavorable comparison"; "unfavorable comments", "unfavorable impression"
3. discriminatory - capable of making fine distinctions
discriminative
discriminating - showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur"
4. discriminatory - manifesting partiality; "a discriminatory tax"; "preferential tariff rates"; "preferential treatment"; "a preferential shop gives priority or advantage to union members in hiring or promoting"
preferential
advantageous - giving an advantage; "a contract advantageous to our country"; "socially advantageous to entertain often"

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:46 am

You don't think people already see him as a God, the way they are reacting to this topic?
@BEG: Point out who are thinking of him as a God in this topic. I know that some do, but those are posting on his myspace and not on this forum or not too many of them. Those who have met him personally know that he is also just as a human and a mortal human like any of us. :) You shouldn't think that anyone who defended Tolkki in this thread are seeing him as a God. I myself don't at least, and I'm sure neither stratohawk or Mormegil look at TT as to a God.

@icecab21: please go into PMs with BEG, this forum is already full of with the neverending agruments between you and BEG+stratowarius. -.- Or visit my Flaming Jakuzzi thread, it's quite hot and relaxing. :lol:
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:08 am

You can sort of see it was photoshopped though? I mean.. that's not what my head looks like!?
Don't look at me! This is just a picture I took of Jens grazing in the pastures sometime after the Elements tour :D
Why are so many saying that TT is fat in those pictures. A dinosaur is never fat and the same goes for that emu. Some of you think TT fat and you take it AAAAAAAAAA discriminates what you THINK up
You make a good point; no scientist attributes the extinction of dinosaurs to obesity :lol:
@BEG: Point out who are thinking of him as a God in this topic.
The fact that you've dedicated so much time and energy to this pointless thread speaks volumes :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:25 am

OK, enough of this bullshit. Its time to get seriously serious. This nonsense over a damn topic on a relatively unknown forum has gone on long enough.
@icecab, I did not create that pic, and if anyone examines my posts I did not make fun of TT. FYI, my ex-husband is 6'2&weighs about 270, yeah, about TTs size. We had a happy marriage for many years&our breakup had nothing to do with his large size. I have several friends I cherish who are heavy, and quite a few beloved relatives who are overweight--so, before you or anyone else decidestotake a cyber punch at me with your stupid judging, get your facts straight.

@Beast_Pete, you do not undestand, and I beg you not to go there because I do not want to say something I might seriously regrt later.

I'm just going to tell everyone to DON'T lecture me. I mean it. Not over some goddamn musician, or some nonsense topic on an internet forum. You have no right&you are not qualified.

Still, noone has answered my accusation that there is a double standard concerning musicians&common folk. It exists.

Yes, there have been bad names&such flung at other famous people in this forum. If I had a dollar for everytime Brittany Spears was called a whore, i'd be able to call in sick for a month! :lol:

@Moremegil, so its OK to bash certain/some people, huh? :roll:
Who says? YOU? What a great warrior of light you are. :lol:

Beast_Pete is right that I am a diferent person than I used to be. I grew up. Finally! I used to defend TT to the death until I realized he did not give a shit. I mean, noone dared say anything bad about him. I even joined a forum that was bashing him to the point of wishing TT dead, I defended him, and all their hate got dumped on MY head. It took opening my eyes, and I realized my fanship meant nothing to him(also, I discovered that TT is nothing but a damn hypocrite, but that is totally a personal thing and nobodys damn business).

Some of you will think TT is to die for no matter what he does, or how much he may hurt someone you think is a nobody. I guess thats kinda cute because I see myself in you all. I felt the same way back then. Just ask AAAAAAAAAA, he can tell you. :D But, if TT was just a mechanic, garbageman, or doctor you all would not feel the same way toward him, and you know it. No, don't think you do. :roll:
Just because music is involved, TT is untouchable. In a way that kind of adoration is very sweet, at the same time its pathetic.
So, you think of him just as a human? LOL.
I'll leave it at that.

And if you want to bash my ass you all go fucking ahead if it makes you happy, because frankly, I don't give a damn. Unlike some people I have more to worry about, or think about than some topic on a forum laughing at a damn musician.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:50 am

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:54 am

Do I got a spot in BEG's Rant?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:16 am

Beg, I’m so vague with what I say that sometimes you take it the wrong way. Like Star Ocean said, a lot of why I say means anything and it's up to a person to interpret it. I generalize too much and it’s something I have to work on. I misinterpret stuff as well. From my math classes I see things in equation form more than one specific context.

Here is what I got frustrated at. If I say something good about tolkki I get attacked as someone who idolizes him. If I say something that is not positive about him, it goes right over your head and you don’t acknowledge it. You still act like I think he is perfect and that’s crazy.
Still, noone has answered my accusation that there is a double standard concerning musicians&common folk.
Is this kind of like saying that when people get more emotionally involved with someone they react differently towards them? I think it's something mankind does, but I may be wrong to say that of everybody.
I love my pet dog more than I love other dogs. I would be hurt more if my dog died than if someone else’s dog died. It’s simply a matter of resources. I think this is a common double standard, if someone wants to call that a double standard.

i think the closer we feel to each other, the more anything matters. It might be just me though.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:02 am

Still, noone has answered my accusation that there is a double standard concerning musicians&common folk.
Is this kind of like saying that when people get more emotionally involved with someone they react differently towards them? I think it's something mankind does, but I may be wrong to say that of everybody.
I love my pet dog more than I love other dogs. I would be hurt more if my dog died than if someone else’s dog died. It’s simply a matter of resources. I think this is a common double standard, if someone wants to call that a double standard.
>sigh<
No, no no, icecab. What you are describing is human nature which exists in all of us.
A "double standard" for example, is approving(or tolerating, even "celebrating") a rotten behavior from one group of people, or a specific person. Yet, disapproving the SAME behavior in another person, or other people sometimes to the point of ostracizing. I think I have explained all that before, double standards are blatant hypocrisy, and wrong. But, society as a whole is infested with them. Double standards have ruined many peoples lives, and they are just, at best, stupid.

One simple example: its OK and so wonderful if Motley Crue(ANY BAND) party, drink, and fuck 100 different women apiece on tour its +10 in the cool department, high-fives all around.
BUT:
If Madonna merely dresses sexy on stage, does a 2-minute topless dance&maybe gives a stagehand a quick blowjob, she is called a Whore.
THAT is an example of a double standard. The list is endless, though.

KilledByDETH

Post by KilledByDETH » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:56 am

icecab21 wrote:Beg, I’m so vague with what I say that sometimes you take it the wrong way. Like Star Ocean said, a lot of why I say means anything and it's up to a person to interpret it. I generalize too much and it’s something I have to work on. I misinterpret stuff as well. From my math classes I see things in equation form more than one specific context.

Here is what I got frustrated at. If I say something good about tolkki I get attacked as someone who idolizes him. If I say something that is not positive about him, it goes right over your head and you don’t acknowledge it. You still act like I think he is perfect and that’s crazy.

i think the closer we feel to each other, the more anything matters. It might be just me though.
dude its pointless trying to talk to Browneyedgirl about anything since she knows everything and has the internet at her fingertips to research any topic imaginable.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:50 am

I for one can disapprove of actions and still find it in my heart to try and look for the positives. I don't like how bridges get burned so quickly. I don’t like it how people hate or make fun of disorders that cause a lot of pain. I don’t think we can solve issues through hate, but through working together to recondition and help people work through their issues. This is not about enabling or supporting behavior, it’s about showing a concern to try and help people understand and overcome habits that hurt others and themselves. These mental and personality disorders are real and they hurt real people, I for one support community action to help each other and not to cause each other to dwell into defense mechanism. I think it’s an ideal that I can’t always follow, being that it is an ideal, but an ideal that I can look up to for inspiration. I’m trying to learn and improve myself, sometimes I will make mistakes over and over, but it is all part of a journey.

If Madonna gives me a blowjob, I sure won't be calling her names
I really don't want a blowjob from motley crue, but that's just because I’m heterosexual
I think lot's of double standards come from collectivism and society. I personally don't encourage behavior like this from one group and discourage it from another. If things come across that way, it's by accident or misinterpretation. I think people should be called equal things for equal actions. It’s just that my mode of dealing with it calls for more community and therapy and less punishment.

One real problem is when women can't get employment or start a business because the men with the finances won’t buy from women. It puts everyone in a jam and these attitudes hurt so many lives’s and spoil so much potential. It’s hard to hear the stories of business owners that lost all their clients simply for wanting to hire a female.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:16 am

I don’t like it how people hate or make fun of disorders that cause a lot of pain
WHO hates anyone because of their disorders? Of the four pictures I posted in this thread, only one of those MIGHT have suggested anything about TT's weight...and really I don't think it did. :cyclop:
I don’t like it how people hate or make fun of disorders that cause a lot of pain.
And how do you feel about KilledByDETH's rude post right above yours? Even that one sentence he wrote there was more of an insult than any paint picture i've posted here. So why not rush to BrownEyedGirl's defense like you've done countless times for TT? :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:36 am

An artistic culmination (by yours truly) of one of Tolkki's regular spiritual epiphanies.
It's not the picture , but the title I thought over the top.
The spiritual epiphany part
I’m also referring to stuff not in this section but in the whole of the forum
The warrior of lies stuff

The way demir and talks is the prime example of hating and making fun of disorder. Others do it worse than demir but I have not seen any as bad as him on this forum.

Timo has problems with his rational and can be hypocritical, to me that is mental and personality problem. Timo can show medical conditions and people hate him or make fun of his ideals because he does not always follow them.

I did defend beg in that post and compliment her in another, it's all in how you want to interpret it. Beg is discriminatory, but she just goes to the other definitions without me leading the way to them.

3. discriminatory - capable of making fine distinctions
discriminative
discriminating - showing or indicating careful judgment and discernment especially in matters of taste; "the discriminating eye of the connoisseur"

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:33 pm

KilledByDETH wrote:
icecab21 wrote:Beg, I’m so vague with what I say that sometimes you take it the wrong way. Like Star Ocean said, a lot of why I say means anything and it's up to a person to interpret it. I generalize too much and it’s something I have to work on. I misinterpret stuff as well. From my math classes I see things in equation form more than one specific context.

dude its pointless trying to talk to Browneyedgirl about anything since she knows everything and has the internet at her fingertips to research any topic imaginable.
So whats your point, Dr. Know-it-all? ???

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:08 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:The fact that you've dedicated so much time and energy to this pointless thread speaks volumes :lol:
Excuse me, but you posted more into this thread than me. :)
And as you have been here since this August, I doubt you know me well, even if you were just an aka, you still wouldn't know me perfectly well, the only forum who knows me haven't posted here for about 3 or 4 years now. To the other I haven't talked to in more like 2 years now. And I'm also sure that BEG didn't point to me when saying people think of Tolkki as God.

But I don't think that all or any of the people here that she was pointing to believe that Tolkki is a God. I think those people are:
1: either just defending TT, because this thread was just too much
2: don't like BEG and attack her when they can

None of those mean that people are thinking that TT is a God. And I think thread went far too much into a direction that is going to serve for punching yet another dead horse. So I'll stop posting here, bye!
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:32 pm

:lol: Hi there Beast P. You can't leave us like that. Sulking over nothing. We cant be without your guidens. So come on and take new grips over this lovely Forum. :)

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:46 pm

;)
Akkor is van még remény,

- Mark Swanson -

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:42 pm

I was just going to ignore this thread but since some people love to make mountains out of molehills....:roll:
When I talked to my son last night I asked him to look at this thread&give me his opinion. LOL, he laughed his ass off. He could not believe some people were going bananas throwing a hissy fit over a stupid doctored photo. "Mama, why do you waste your time on a forum putting up with such stupid bullshit when you could be doing something constructive with your time?" Stupid bullshit? Why, indeed. ??? I guess I am just a masochist who loves being bashed over nothing. :D

@icecab, that pic you constructed is really weird. Almost scary. Actually, its kinda Van Gogh-like.

Oh, I want to sy that whnever I sw that dinosaur I DID NOT think of TTs weight, I just thought it was a funny, rigged pic. If his head had been posted on a poodledog, lion, or zebra it would have been just as funny, and I know some of you would have took it just as personally as you did the dinosaur. :roll:

And, one more thing: if some of you think I'm oh so bad&oh so rotten, LOL then you need to get out in the REAL world because you don't know what you are missing. :roll:
Frankly, I don't give a damn what any of you think. I have much more important REAL things to worry&think about.

@icecab, you still don't get it about double standards. Over your head once again. Actually, the double standard I was referring to was waaaaaaaay at the beginning of this thread. If this thread (the Pic)had been about anyone else other than TT, nobody would have protested--in fact, if it had of been someone else, these same complainers would have been laughing until they pissed in their pants! Which makes ALL of you discrimatory! LOL.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:08 pm

OMG... :lol:
Spamming is serious business!

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:52 pm

:shake: This thread has just gone beyond seriously serious and into pompously puerile :funlo:
Beast_Pete wrote:please go into PMs with BEG, this forum is already full of with the neverending agruments between you and BEG+stratowarius. -.- Or visit my Flaming Jakuzzi thread, it's quite hot and relaxing. :lol:

If only!

Here, this should even things up:
Now everyone go find something fun or meaningful to do.
Let's Rage!

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:39 pm

:lol: a tousen times. I almost fell on the floor with laugter. They look so incredibly funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:28 pm

Hahahahaha thats great!!!
The expression on Timo's face is hilarious :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:58 pm

I never said anything about a picture, just the title. The fat thing was just gong off of what other people had posted, not off of what I thought the picture was. The picture takes tt playing guitar, his art, and then eating a sandwich and calling that a typical spiritual epiphany. That’s like putting up a picture of a woman giving a blowjob and saying she’s on her knees devoted to praying to her god and receiving his blessing.

Put up a picture off yourself shoving a big 5 dollar foot long (the sandwich of course) down your face and calling that the sum of your spirituality, that should be fair

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 pm

This is a classic example of internet humor, nothing wrong about it. If you don't like it, skip this thread (oh yea, some of you might not have realized this, but you don't need to state your opinion in all threads that are posted here). :lol:

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:15 pm

fernandotcl wrote: you don't need to state your opinion in all threads that are posted here).

:shock: Mustnt we??? I thougt that was the only thing we absolutely had to do and I am the obeying type so I have a hell of a job every day.. :?

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:53 pm

You people are totally hopeless :lol:
Luckily its just a forum :user:

On another note, everytime I look at Aldaron's pic again, I totally lose it :lol: :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:56 pm