The Land Before Time

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Lurdi
Re: The Land Before Time

Post by Lurdi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:31 pm

stratohawk wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:Image
Thank you, NV.

I only want to say the following about this thread:

Childish, and embarassing.
+ 1
Maybe those who are criticizing him now were worshipping him in the past.

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:36 pm

I don't argue about criticizing. This thread has nothing to do with criticism. It's stupid bashing. Making fun of someone's weight or outer appearance is not criticizing, it's insulting.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:58 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
icecab21 wrote:
I've looked into their empty eyes!
and saw into their empty souls
Do you ever see Bill Gates?

:shock: Does Bill Gate have an empty soul? :shock:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm

one of my ex teachers almost killed bill gates with a golf ball.

i'm in lynnwood

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:20 pm

I don't argue about criticizing. This thread has nothing to do with criticism. It's stupid bashing. Making fun of someone's weight or outer appearance is not criticizing, it's insulting.
You're right, I should have never poked fun at Timo Tolkki's long, slender legs by portraying him as an Emu. That was out of line :lol:

In any case I sincerely apologize for forcing you to come to this thread, I swear i'll never do it again :crazy2: :w00t:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:43 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
You're right, I should have never poked fun at Timo Tolkki's long, slender legs by portraying him as an Emu. That was out of line :lol:

In any case I sincerely apologize for forcing you to come to this thread, I swear i'll never do it again :crazy2: :w00t:
Ok, we won't force you to especify the thread's title either

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Why does TT get all the Subway? :cry:

...I want a subway too! (I quess I have to be satisfied with Subway to Sally...)

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:36 pm

Lurdi wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

Ok, we won't force you to especify the thread's title either
Yeah... In my humble opinion it's simply childish and embarassing, making fun of someone by editing a picture (and that in a bad way, btw) and so insulting him/her because of outer appearance, weight etc. When seeing this, first I wonder how old you guys are. Then I remember that intellectual simpleness has not necessarily to do with age. What kind of needs are those that you try to satisfy with such a topic? And: If it's only about making a joke, well, it's not even tasteless, it's simply embarassing.

This whole forum should be about music, about relating topics, and not about bashing other people. Same goes to all those who dig out the topics about the Stratovarius split again and again or even create more and more about the same questions.

Call me a grinch or whatever you like, maybe it's naive, but I stick to the opinion that this place should work in a civilized manner.

Most of the time I ignore stupid topics. I have stopped posting in this forum regularly a long time ago, because it has lost most of his level and good content. But on the other hand, what's really great, members of Stratovarius (especially Jens ;-)) are posting here, so I still don't want to resign this forum.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:26 am

There have been many people parodied in this forum(Obama,Bush, Rosie O'Donell,etc. for starters), and part of parody is the exaggeration&ridicule of a person's appearance. I did not hear any of you protest when those people were being made fun of. Why is that? ???
Why don't you hypocrites practice what you preach?
This deserves to be tested one day just to see what you REALLY believe. ;)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:01 am

The only solution,
Since one can't speak up on all things all the time, never speak up on anything anytime.

No one acts on all their values all the time. That is not possible

I don’t think anyone is saying that it’s not ok to parody tolkki's weight but it is ok to parody the weight of anybody else

This would be an example

"Tolkki is a fat ass" -how dare you
"Malmsteen is a fat ass" -thumbs up (his ass?)
"Romeo is a fat ass" - say what you want it's all good
"joe the plumber is a fat ass" -hahaha right on

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:08 am

I think it's an interesting thread. :P
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:14 am

No reason to take things so seriously my friends :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:30 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:No reason to take things so seriously my friends :lol:
Oh, I agree wth you 100%! ;)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:35 am

I thought this sacred monument would facilitate any worship of Timo Tolkki that may take place among the fanatics here (i'm not naming any names 8) ) :D :

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:02 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I thought this sacred monument would facilitate any worship of Timo Tolkki that may take place among the fanatics here

and @BEG:

I could simply quote my post from above, which you obviously didn't take serious. I'm ignoring most nonsense topics, though I'm not happy with them. The headline of this one was not so obviously a "bashing" one. And when I opened it, I saw a terrible bad fake picture of TT's head put on a dinosaur eating a big sandwich!?! Please, what do you expect?

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:09 am

:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:58 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I thought this sacred monument would facilitate any worship of Timo Tolkki that may take place among the fanatics here (i'm not naming any names 8) ) :D :

Yes, but you should realize that most fanatics do not realize they are fanatics. Remember? ;)

@stratohawk, I should repeat MY post where I said if it had been ANYONE ELSE in parody, nobody would have protested. Actions speak louder than words.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:16 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:Yes, but you should realize that most fanatics do not realize they are fanatics. Remember? ;)

@stratohawk, I should repeat MY post where I said if it had been ANYONE ELSE in parody, nobody would have protested. Actions speak louder than words.
If bunch of kids are making fun of one kid and I stand up to defend that kid, not because he is perfectly innocent, but because I feel that that kid doesn't deserve it and that the other kids are taking it too far, are you going to call me a fanatic of that one little kid?

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Mormegil wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:Yes, but you should realize that most fanatics do not realize they are fanatics. Remember? ;)

If bunch of kids are making fun of one kid and I stand up to defend that kid, not because he is perfectly innocent, but because I feel that that kid doesn't deserve it and that the other kids are taking it too far, are you going to call me a fanatic of that one little kid?
:roll:

:P What little lamb is that :?: :?: :?: :?:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:04 pm

Mormegil wrote:

No, I'd call you a friend.
But, I don't think we are discussing kids here. :err:

And, I repeat: there have been lot of other people(famous or not)who have been parodied&made fun of on this forum who did NOT deserve it, yet no one protested. Nobody can deny THAT accusation.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:There have been many people parodied in this forum(Obama,Bush, Rosie O'Donell,etc. for starters), and part of parody is the exaggeration&ridicule of a person's appearance. I did not hear any of you protest when those people were being made fun of. Why is that? ???
Why don't you hypocrites practice what you preach?
This deserves to be tested one day just to see what you REALLY believe. ;)
Maybe because this a STRATOVARIUS forum and not US elections forum? Maybe not all of us check those topics, either because we are uninterested or not that interested in those topics. But we are obviously interested in Stratovarius related news and discussion, and this thread is nothing of that.

It's of course funny to make pics, but the whole hatred against Tolkki is going out of control. I am very disappointed of him, what he did with the band and how he did it, but why should I hate him? Why should I bash him? It's just a metal band, for christ's sake! And he gave us great music and we should thank that instead of kicking him in the butt. He will have a hard time even without that.

And I'm really disappointed of you BEG too. I have always liked you and I still like you, but how you are acting nowdays is not cool and is not the BEG I knew back when I started browsing these forums. Whenever Tolkki's name is mentioned you already start bashing him. If someone defends Tolkki, you become offensive with that forumer. Why? Why not just concentrate on the new Stratovarius and the new music they are making together? :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:05 pm

The very same people who say this thread is useless are taking the time to write essays about it :lol:

This isn't a tolkki bashing thread...see? Are you "warriors of light" happy now? :D

And I'm really disappointed of you BEG too. I have always liked you and I still like you, but how you are acting nowdays is not cool and is not the BEG I knew back when I started browsing these forums
Have you seen what kinds of things Timo Tolkki had said to/about her? She's been a lot nicer to him than vice versa. Not that all those things really matter now, I know we need to move forward. But given the circumstances I don't see how you can blame her.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 pm

:lol:
You guys are full of shit... keep it that way :D
---...---

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Obama = Are you kidding? This man is the celebrated hero of the world. No one made jokes about him that were out of line.
Bush = If you are systematically going to fuck up the entire planet, you're asking for it.

The point is, like Beast_Pete said, going too far. I really don't think that has happened before in this forum when joking about someone. Celebrity or not.
browneyedgirl wrote:But, I don't think we are discussing kids here. :err:
That's the saddest part.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote: Image
This isn't a tolkki bashing thread...see? Are you "warriors of light" happy now? :D
Can't speak for the warriors of light, but this Evil One was amused.

You can sort of see it was photoshopped though? I mean.. that's not what my head looks like!?

Woof!! Arf!! :lol:

IIRC TT himself called people "fatass" just months ago here in this selfsame forum. Don't know if that has any impact on the philosophical issues here about humor though, you guys fight it out amongst yourselves. I avoid making fat jokes myself, I ain't exactly getting skinnier year by year anyway..

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm

:lol: I think you look nice.Your legs have white stockings and that is nice too. Your fur seems to be silky and soft. I like you as a lama and I hope you dont wont to spit at us. :shock:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Beg is discriminatory but show me someone who isn’t? To be human is to be discriminatory.

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:35 pm

:? Why are so many saying that TT is fat in those pictures. A dinosaur is never fat and the same goes for that emu. Some of you think TT fat and you take it AAAAAAAAAA discriminates what you THINK up.As I see it, it is your imagination that is discriminating And you sign yourself as warriors of light. Some light... :lol:

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:28 pm

icecab21 wrote:Beg is discriminatory but show me someone who isn’t? To be human is to be discriminatory.
If that makes someone a human being I'm ashamed of being one of them. Obviously there is discriminatory or whatever/however you call it, but it shouldn't be the thing that makes someone apart from inhumans. And I do believe BEG isn't discriminatory, she just feels very badly against TT, which is understandable from her side, but still it's not a reason to behave so offensively. And it's especially goes to those who didn't have the same experience as her. Why to go so offensively? It's just a forum of a metla band, go listen to the music instead of increasing the stressmeter. ;)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:42 pm

Get different farm animals and put faces of the band members! :)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!