News about the new RR Album and Record Deal

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: News about the new RR Album and Record Deal

Post by RazielSR » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:56 pm

That's really funny....

I'm gonna explain the meaning behind FUCK YOU BASTARD in my post:

[FUCK YOU BASTARD SERIOUS MODE ON]

Let's see...you won't buy Age of Aquarius because:

1 - I hate TT.
2 - I KNOW it's gonna be a bad album.

Don't you think is better to listen to some samples the band will put online for example and then, you can decide what to do? I'm sure they will put some samples or videos online.

Do you really think is better to download an album?

If yes, I will think you are doing that just because you hate Timo Tolkki aka main producer, writer and composer (whether you want to see it or not) for Twilight Time - Dreamspace - Fourth Dimension - Episode - Visions - Destiny - Infinite - Elements I & II - Stratovarius selftitled.

For me, a person who was kissing all Stratovarius members asses and now is just planning to download an album is not a worst or better fan, it's just a false person. A "bastard". That worst or better fan thing is shit and I don't wanna have nothing to do wih it.

And that "perfect band belief" was deleted from my mind thanks to Stratovarius pre-2009.
And I'm really sorry to say that. I lost so many things from all the crap we lived in these past years with Stratovarius and I will never trust anything coming from these guys, just the music.

So, my opinion is that you must listen the samples and then decide.

If you like how it sounds, then you should buy it. If you don't like it, then forget the album (I made that with Tinnitus Sanctus for example).

Then you can come here to say how bad the album is and explain your opinion and flame, etc, etc (I made that with Tinnitus Sanctus for example) but I think that if you are not interested in RR music, you should not download the album.

[FUCK YOU BASTARD SERIOUS MODE OFF]
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:44 pm

RazielSR wrote:And that "perfect band belief" was deleted from my mind thanks to Stratovarius pre-2009.
And I'm really sorry to say that. I lost so many things from all the crap we lived in these past years with Stratovarius and I will never trust anything coming from these guys, just the music.
Well WTF, I'll buy it, maybe I'll get AAAAAAAAAAA an extra copy :)

Bands are definitely not perfect!! But it's still the best known way to produce metal or rock music. Until artificial intelligence has advanced to the point where bands with humans are no longer necessary, I'm afraid you will have to live with the present state of affairs.. :lol:

Music is of course only music. That's part of the beauty of it.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:51 pm

:lol:

And of course I'll live with it, but if there's a new album, new gigs, etc, etc, It doesn't matter for me.

Anyway I think that at some point Stratovarius was perfect, at least I see the perfection while seeing Inifinite Visions DVD.

I just hope to see/hear perfection again with the new line-up. The same with RR.

I think is gonna happen again, because the music is gonna win, and that's immutable.

Anyway, I'm not angry. It's exactly the opposite, now I'm really happy to know you are gonna continue and Tolkki is having fun with RR. That's the best thing all the fans can have nowadays.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Miss Destiny

Post by Miss Destiny » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:22 pm

RazielSR wrote:If somebody who was amazed with Stratovarius from the very beginning, having a lot of fun, and REALLY feeling that historical songs, now feels good by downloading and not buying Age of Aquarius or the next Stratovarius album, then I just can say: FUCK YOU BASTARD. RR and Stratovarius will feel better without you.

I dont agree with you Raziel-angry or not -and I will absolutely not fuck with you :bounce1:

Lightyear

Post by Lightyear » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Well, I'm definitely interested in it, but I have to say I'm also interested in the new Strato stuff that's coming out. I might not be able to afford to buy both :( but I guess I'll have to decide on one of them based on the samples...
Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel
is just a freight train coming your way

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:18 am

Some weirdo wrote:Don't you think is better to listen to some samples the band will put online for example and then, you can decide what to do? I'm sure they will put some samples or videos online.
No...after years of Stratovarius music and some months of RR music I already know what to expect.

I will not spend my money on the RR album because I don't like being taken for an idiot by a cynic who lies and manipulates his "fans", again and again...I cannot justify financially supporting TT, and this is a rational decision rather than an emotional reaction. I know its trite but money is power (raise fist in air), so watch where your money goes! With that said, what difference does it make for an artist whether I download their album without paying for it, or ignore their music altogether? None. Please don't try to tell me otherwise because I am enjoying my blissful ignorance.

By the way, the pervasiveness of illegal music downloading is not a statement of humanities greed, as the record companies would like us to believe. However, it speaks volumes about the failure of the music industry to control the distribution of their media. You don't keep your tikka masala* in someone else's refrigerator and then whine when they eat it...right?

*look it up on wikipedia
JensJohansson wrote:Well WTF, I'll buy it, maybe I'll get AAAAAAAAAAA an extra copy
Sir, I admire your attempt to hold down the "A" key and hope for the best, but nevertheless no users are registered with that name on this forum. Such an act of disrespect!! And make sure you pronounce it "aye-aye-aye..." rather than "auuuuuuuuh" or "aaaaaaaaah".
same weirdo as before wrote:And I'm really sorry to say that. I lost so many things from all the crap we lived in these past years with Stratovarius and I will never trust anything coming from these guys, just the music.
My friend, you spent ten weeks creating petitions to reunite the band. What changed since then which has left your heart so jaded and cold? I think there are some great things coming :D

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:13 am

Just take the ignore the band option if you feel you need to boycott them. Are you that careful about background checks for the makers of all the products that you do buy?

Some would find it unethical for someone to take something for free if that person is unwilling to pay for it or against paying for it for ethical reasons. It’s really just being a hypocrite.

That’s like a black man saying he wont buy a kkk sheet but saying he is willing to wear it if it is given to him for free, if only to a lesser degree

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:17 pm

There's absolutely no problem with downloading. You buy what you wish to. You either like an album or not. By downloading you can check wether you will like it or not. I for one will definitely buy the new strato album first and then see wether it's good or not (the samples were already quite promising). While with other bands I might be more sceptic and I rather download their albums first and then buy it. It worked out well for me so far.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:There's absolutely no problem with downloading. You buy what you wish to. You either like an album or not. By downloading you can check wether you will like it or not. I for one will definitely buy the new strato album first and then see wether it's good or not (the samples were already quite promising). While with other bands I might be more sceptic and I rather download their albums first and then buy it. It worked out well for me so far.
Agreed. I also do that.

scorp

Post by scorp » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Kyrie Eleison ("Lord show mercy" in greek, for those who may haven't searched) sounds funny at best :?
Since I haven't still received my Saana copy (guess they're still trying to do their best to deliver it to us the fastest possible... yeah right) I'm not buying RR for sure. Download it? I don't think so... :roll: But who cares! :lol:
Insurrection!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:57 pm

what do you find funny about that?

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:38 am

icecab21 wrote:what do you find funny about that?
My cousin said that "Jesse" means "God exists". :P

scorp

Post by scorp » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:36 am

icecab21 wrote:what do you find funny about that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32K27tS4zTE

Well, everyone has a different opinion about what's funny and what's not.
Insurrection!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:23 am

Album Cover:
Age Of Aquarius
1. Age Of Aquarius
2. Sins Of My Beloved
3. Ixion's Wheel
4. Behind The Mask
5. Ghost Of Fallen Grace
6. Heart Of All
7. So She Wears Black
8. Kyrie Eleison
9. Into The Future

Source: http://www.scarletrecords.it/coming_soon.html

I'm sorry to say that but the Album cover sucks. I know the music will be very good but the album cover is the worst Cover from all Albums Tolkki has been involved with. I hope it is not the final cover...

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:27 am

Don't know if it will be the same as the one Gus had on his myspace, but I didn't like the style of that behind the mask song :(

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:54 am

It is unusual. Will give people lots of discussion trying to figure it out, I suppose. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:01 am

It would be funny to have a cover without the name of the band or the album.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:16 am

Ragehead91 wrote: I'm sorry to say that but the Album cover sucks. I know the music will be very good but the album cover is the worst Cover from all Albums Tolkki has been involved with. I hope it is not the final cover...
I posted exactly this in the RR Forum and TT wrote this:
In this forum nobody will badmouth any bands, not mine nor others. Please use more constructive words than "it sucks". You have a warning. Next time you are out.
Seriously, what the fuck? I don't think that what I wrote was too offensive. I even said the the music on the album will good. But in my opinion those kind of covers suck. I like covers that look epic and/or have something going on. Not this kind of cover. It should at least have the bands name on it.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:34 am

I like covers that look epic and/or have something going on. Not this kind of cover. It should at least have the bands name on it.
If you say this, you get a better response I’m sure. It's more of a point to discuss when someone says "I would prefer x" or "I don't like this because of x". The term "sucks" is just too lazy to some and represents a violent adolescence attitude that is more destructive than constructive. Even the basic "I don't like this" will be taken as more constructive that "it sucks". As much as we can point out when tolkki does not follow constructive criticism, each event is independent and destructive is destructive no matter what the circumstances or the games people want to play.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:47 am

Okay, then let me say it this way:
I thin this Album cover is bad. I don't like those kind of covers. I like covers that look epic and/or have somthing going on. Take for example the visions cover. It looked epic and has something going on on it. Even the cover of the selfnamed Album from 2005 was good. It was just the Band's logo and the lily on it but it liked it a lot. This is just...Boring. It should at least have the band's name on it.
I hope that this does not offend him.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:51 am

I hope that does not offend him either, that would be rather unfortunate and hilarious at the same time. It should not be hammer time.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:53 am

We'll see. The first post was really a bit harsh. I somehow can understand him. But if he pulls out the banhammer knowm then he shows us all that he can't take opinions.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:56 am

metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:22 am

MC Hammer has stolen the line from the germans! The proof:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:28 am

I guess then I would have to ask him to post a list of words that get people ban hammered.

While we can't control how he responds and perceives it, we can control how we say things and what angle we go about our opinions. I think at most we can say that he does not respond well to some types of communication. We can then talk about if the line is arbitrary and unpredictable or if there are some standards that need to be broken. Some of this could be the ability to take it in, but just not having a desire to deal with it or continue the discussion.

Maybe I am the only one that thinks so, but the discussion in "BRAND NEW VIDEO INTERVIEW PART 2 PUBLISHED” is one where tolkki allows me to disagree with him. I’m sure I could have said some of that stuff in a way to get kicked out, but I got the same message out ( not sure if across) in a way that I did not get kicked out.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:03 pm

I checked out the RR Forum. I was not banhammered! He says that this posting was okay.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Both images of the Cover are gone, ??? I guess its "no direct-linking".:D
Hopefully, it was up long enough so people could have seen it.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:45 pm

icecab21 wrote:I guess then I would have to ask him to post a list of words that get people ban hammered.

While we can't control how he responds and perceives it, we can control how we say things and what angle we go about our opinions. I think at most we can say that he does not respond well to some types of communication. We can then talk about if the line is arbitrary and unpredictable or if there are some standards that need to be broken. Some of this could be the ability to take it in, but just not having a desire to deal with it or continue the discussion.

Maybe I am the only one that thinks so, but the discussion in "BRAND NEW VIDEO INTERVIEW PART 2 PUBLISHED” is one where tolkki allows me to disagree with him. I’m sure I could have said some of that stuff in a way to get kicked out, but I got the same message out ( not sure if across) in a way that I did not get kicked out.

:lol: I think you are his petboy Icecar and you are allowed to say things I would never even dream of. He counts on you and you answer all his expectations. :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Okay, lets forget about the allmighty banhammer and return to topic:
What does the rest of you think of the cover?

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:29 pm

One can access the image through going to the scarlet website. Somehow the link earlier won't work though.

I don't think it's the final cover. I think if it was designed as a hologram they could put something cool into it. It’s something that I imagine more as a 3d computer image than an album cover at the moment. I see a heart with wings flying over a wave in space. It’s more abstract than the other covers and lets each person paint the rest of the picture. A person could explore a lot through it if it was the kind of thing they liked to pursue and explore. It seems to be sort of depths of the unconscious picture of like one of those psychology image tests.

Tolkki said the album art will be released in the next few weeks.