Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Locked
Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:52 pm

There are roumors going around saying that Kotipelto is the new singer of Masterplan. I just wanted to ask if there in any truth in those rumors.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 pm

That would be cool if it was, however rumors can be always what they are "rumors"
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
VictorTDD
Sr. Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:23 am
Location: Zhe Jiang, China
Contact:

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by VictorTDD » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fernandotcl
Sr. Member
Posts: 738
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:17 pm
Location: Stuttgart

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Wow heh. I don't think so. Masterplan isn't a side project, it's a big band. Unless they clone Kotipelto (which would be a damn good thing if you ask me), I guess he'll stick with Stratovarius and his solo band only.

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:12 pm

hiro23 wrote:That would be cool if it was, however rumors can be always what they are "rumors"
That wouldn't be cool. That would be a very bad choice since Kotipeltos sining style wouldn't fit Masterplan music at all. I mean, can you imagine Kotipelto singing Crystal Night or Crawling from Hell?

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
hiro23 wrote:That would be cool if it was, however rumors can be always what they are "rumors"
That wouldn't be cool. That would be a very bad choice since Kotipeltos sining style wouldn't fit Masterplan music at all. I mean, can you imagine Kotipelto singing Crystal Night or Crawling from Hell?
Nope, not to my knowledge anyway. I somehow think I would know about it.. :lol:

After the first actual live broadcast, I do think he has a very good shot at winning that Kuorosota thing though. But who ever knows when people are doing those phone voting things ....

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by hiro23 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:28 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
hiro23 wrote:That would be cool if it was, however rumors can be always what they are "rumors"
That wouldn't be cool. That would be a very bad choice since Kotipeltos sining style wouldn't fit Masterplan music at all. I mean, can you imagine Kotipelto singing Crystal Night or Crawling from Hell?
Nope, not to my knowledge anyway. I somehow think I would know about it.. :lol:

After the first actual live broadcast, I do think he has a very good shot at winning that Kuorosota thing though. But who ever knows when people are doing those phone voting things ....
That's good to know, I was worried he'd have to drop Stratovarius or his solo band, neither of which I would want to happen.

I really hope he wins Kuorosota, if he does could you send us some clips?
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
Miss Destiny
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by Miss Destiny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:There are roumors going around saying that Kotipelto is the new singer of Masterplan. I just wanted to ask if there in any truth in those rumors.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are wrong again,Ragehead. Where do you snap up your rumours? :lol: Do you talk to your own head :lol: :lol: Or is there someone in your little village that fabricates those thing especially for you?? If that is the case tell him to be more specifice.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Miss Destiny
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by Miss Destiny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:52 pm

hiro23 wrote:That would be cool if it was, however rumors can be always what they are "rumors"
What do you mean "it would be cool"? For whom except Masterplan??

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 am

well I thought it would have been cool for Kotipelto fans as well.

However I'm even more glad that these rumors have been proven to be false.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
cliff
Sr. Member
Posts: 3362
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:38 pm
Location: Tampere

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by cliff » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:00 pm

JensJohansson wrote: After the first actual live broadcast, I do think he has a very good shot at winning that Kuorosota thing though.
That's right. The Ari Koivunen / Lordi syndrome.
<b>This is wrong</b>

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:18 pm

cliff wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: After the first actual live broadcast, I do think he has a very good shot at winning that Kuorosota thing though.
That's right. The Ari Koivunen / Lordi syndrome.
Yup. And guess what, nordicbet.com seems to agree with that assessment... :)

https://www.nordicbet.com/selection?cmd ... ry_id=7997

User avatar
StratoTimo
Sr. Member
Posts: 6657
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Suomen Chicago...Lahti!
Contact:

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by StratoTimo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:00 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
cliff wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: After the first actual live broadcast, I do think he has a very good shot at winning that Kuorosota thing though.
That's right. The Ari Koivunen / Lordi syndrome.
Yup. And guess what, nordicbet.com seems to agree with that assessment... :)

https://www.nordicbet.com/selection?cmd ... ry_id=7997
I really hope that Koti is going to win Kuorosota, because there was no any seat to audience... except 22.2 and We are going there 8)
And I am not going for nothing. I mean that I'm not going if Koti is not in there... so he is in Finals because I'm in audience :D
And I'm going to buy some redwine to he and his choir = Trophy :P :party:
Yes... I'm bit drunk :D
Meikä Ankka

User avatar
Miss Destiny
Member
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:23 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by Miss Destiny » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:14 pm

StratoTimo wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
cliff wrote:
JensJohansson wrote: After the first actual live broadcast, I do think he has a very good shot at winning that Kuorosota thing though.
That's right. The Ari Koivunen / Lordi syndrome.
Yup. And guess what, nordicbet.com seems to agree with that assessment... :)

https://www.nordicbet.com/selection?cmd ... ry_id=7997
I really hope that Koti is going to win Kuorosota, because there was no any seat to audience... except 22.2 and We are going there 8)
And I am not going for nothing. I mean that I'm not going if Koti is not in there... so he is in Finals because I'm in audience :D
And I'm going to buy some redwine to he and his choir = Trophy :P :party:
Yes... I'm bit drunk :D

:) We are with you Strato Timo. In our thoughts at least :)

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm rooting for him all the way, go Kotipelto
metal feeds the beast

Grambambuli
Member
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:23 am

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by Grambambuli » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 pm

No no no...
There's only one choice as Masterplan singer: Jorn.

Koti wouldn't fit, neither would Michi "Metal is eeevil" Kiske.

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by icecab21 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:52 pm

they just play the same kind of music as stratovarius or helloween with a harder rock edge. i'm not sure how a tenor would not fit. i guess it depends on how the listaner wants the vocals to be but there are no rules to who can sing and what style it needs to be. i think a black gospel vocal would sound awsome with the music and such.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:19 am

Everybody keeps saying this singer or that singer, however I think masterplan might be better suited going with an unknown singer.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:48 am

But that wouldn't be a surprise. Roland said the the singer is a big surprise! An unknown singer would be no surprise.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:38 pm

Actually with how everyone is saying it's gotta be this guy or that guy throwing in someone completely new would be a surprise it seems to me.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3570
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:20 am

I hope its John West (ex - Royal Hunt). He's just fantastic.. he would fit the band well.

User avatar
StratoTimo
Sr. Member
Posts: 6657
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:18 pm
Location: Suomen Chicago...Lahti!
Contact:

Re: Kotipelto in Masterplan?

Post by StratoTimo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:18 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I hope its John West (ex - Royal Hunt). He's just fantastic.. he would fit the band well.
Nope, he is Remu Aaltonen :D
Meikä Ankka

Locked