New RR song from next CD

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
rakettitulppa
Re: New RR song from next CD

Post by rakettitulppa » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:35 pm

www.revolution-renaissance.com New song and album cover!!

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:31 am

Schweet!

The left side is the back of the jewel case isn't it? I like it better than the front, it has an 80's feeling to it. The front cover kind of blows though. :P

And the song isn't bad. Doesn't sound exactly like I expected, but I like it. Oh and the solo is Tolkkilicious. :lol:

:beer: :beer: :beer:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:08 am

Well, here it is, the firts song from the new album...

Let's see...My opinion.

I think the whole song is a mix between modern sounds and at the same time keeps some of the Tolkki's classical compositions.

Anyway, I think the song it's completely different from all of the previous Tolkki's compositions.

If I'd have to catalogue the song, I would say it's a "soft-rock song with a fucking incredible solo that have nothing to do with rock". For me the solo belongs to the classical Timo Tolkki's solos with a new sound, a modern sound. I like the song, I like it. But I don't want the whole album with that style. I mean I'd like to listen more complex songs. As you can hear the song just follow a pattern and there are no progression on it. I mean, like a soft rock song, but a very good one.
It's strange cause it has a dark atmosphere, but at the same time it's not dark at all.

A good song, for sure but I can't catalogue the song as a metal song.

But the solo...we are talking about something different here. The beggining is just incredible. Starts with extremely speed and complexity and then you have a lot of variations and balance. I'm REALLY happy with that solo, cause it makes me think we are gonna have a lot of good solos in this album.

Tomorrow I'll listen the song over and over again and I will talk about all the band members on it.

About the cover, now that I can see it with a better resolution, I have to say that it looks A LOT better.

OMFG WHAT A FANTASTIC SOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 am

My humble opinion: It sucks.

Boring riff, Monsanto voice is weaker than ever (I liked it in Adagio's Dominate). The song is not catchy AT ALL, I can't imagine myself singing it in a concert. I'm very dissapointed.

But I have to agree with RazielSR about the solo, very different and fresh in contrast to what we are acustomed to hear from TT.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:43 am

Like I said, the cover artwork sucks. I am downloading the song right now.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Okay, I've listened to the song a few times and I have to say that it sucks. Sorry, but I don't like it at all. The riff is boring, it is not catchy and Gus' sounds weak compared to the demos. It is also not dark and symphonic at all. The only good thing about it is the solo. I hope the other songs on the album are better than this.

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:Okay, I've listened to the song a few times and I have to say that it sucks. Sorry, but I don't like it at all. The riff is boring, it is not catchy and Gus' sounds weak compared to the demos. It is also not dark and symphonic at all. The only good thing about it is the solo. I hope the other songs on the album are better than this.

ok Rage, you almost plagiated my post xD xD xD xD xD

Jaimico

Post by Jaimico » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:33 pm

I think this song is awesome but i know why you guys are dissapointed...we are very used to TT songs and because this one was the most different you guys don't like it i think you (and me somehow) was expecting for Strato like songs but i think this solo kicks ass and it's really a masterpiece and a good start for the guys
Every second of day it is coming your way

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:14 pm

I really don't like it. It's a rare song, a fresh vibe but not for my taste, and I'm not a simple hard heavy metal head. I JUST DON'T SEE A LEGACY OF STRATOVARIUS THERE.

Hopefully, the whole album will give me a full vision to make an opinion. For now, this song is a disappointment, not what i was expecting

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:34 pm

I really like this song :) It does sound very different to my ears. Great solo again from Timo! :)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:15 pm

emperor_black wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Okay, I've listened to the song a few times and I have to say that it sucks. Sorry, but I don't like it at all. The riff is boring, it is not catchy and Gus' sounds weak compared to the demos. It is also not dark and symphonic at all. The only good thing about it is the solo. I hope the other songs on the album are better than this.

ok Rage, you almost plagiated my post xD xD xD xD xD
I am noticing this too. It is funny because I didn't even read your posting before writing mine :lol:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:39 pm

The riff is nice and I think it's in a good way different from Stratovarius and I like the more traditional heavy metal oriented vibe that RR seems to have, but I have a feeling this song could've been a lot more... ballsy.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:46 pm

I am (thank God) not a professional music critic, but I sort of like it! It's not blatantly melodic or commercial, the melodies are little more complex than he normally makes them. Good lyrics. Guitar solo kicks ass. Will be really interesting to hear the rest of the album too.

I think it's really good that it doesn't quite sound like Stratovarius, since TT has stated many times he didn't want to be part of Stratovarius any more. :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:51 pm

Yes, it does not sound like Stratovarius at all (but we'll see the whole album).

For me was strange (well, I think the same happened to many people) cause you are hearing something really different from Tolkki and the solo is completely Tolkki but different...
Anyway As I'm saying on RR forum, I HOPE to hear some more complex and epic songs on AoA.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:19 pm

I might be getting me a copy, It all depends if it's available to me for purchase or if I have to torrent like I do occasionally with foreign music.

Jaimico

Post by Jaimico » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:51 pm

JensJohansson wrote:I am (thank God) not a professional music critic, but I sort of like it! It's not blatantly melodic or commercial, the melodies are little more complex than he normally makes them. Good lyrics. Guitar solo kicks ass. Will be really interesting to hear the rest of the album too.

I think it's really good that it doesn't quite sound like Stratovarius, since TT has stated many times he didn't want to be part of Stratovarius any more. :)
well maybe you guys aren't friends anymore but it's nice to hear that you kinda like it, i hope things continue well for both bands but i hope in the future at least you can talk to each other like before
Every second of day it is coming your way

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:11 pm

I don't understand the word "boring" when it comes to music. I guess it just states that the song did not interest the person, but it sure as hell does not tell anything about a song. That makes it great for these opinion pieces, but it makes me want to choke a reviewer that uses such subjective terms.

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:38 pm

icecab21 wrote:I don't understand the word "boring" when it comes to music. I guess it just states that the song did not interest the person, but it sure as hell does not tell anything about a song. That makes it great for these opinion pieces, but it makes me want to choke a reviewer that uses such subjective terms.

Well, I didn't write a "review", I just wrote my personal opinion about the song... and personal opinions are mostly subjective.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:04 pm

emperor_black wrote:
icecab21 wrote:I don't understand the word "boring" when it comes to music. I guess it just states that the song did not interest the person, but it sure as hell does not tell anything about a song. That makes it great for these opinion pieces, but it makes me want to choke a reviewer that uses such subjective terms.

Well, I didn't write a "review", I just wrote my personal opinion about the song... and personal opinions are mostly subjective.
Ditto
Songs that bore me are song I don't really get into. There are songs that automaticla get me exited, for example "I Want Out" by Helloween, "Hunting High and Low" by Strato or "Higher than the Sky" by Rage. This song didn't had this effect on me.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:13 pm

JensJohansson wrote:I am (thank God) not a professional music critic, but I sort of like it! It's not blatantly melodic or commercial, the melodies are little more complex than he normally makes them. Good lyrics. Guitar solo kicks ass. Will be really interesting to hear the rest of the album too.

JENS I HAVE A QUESTION RR HAS POSTED THEY NEW SONG FOR DOWNLOAD MY QUESTION IS WHEN STRATOVARIUS IS GOING TO DO THE SAME THING :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:18 pm

That makes it great for these opinion pieces
no problem with the comments here.i was mainly thinking about when people put that on comments when they act like they are reviewing the album. it's perfectly normal to say a song does not affect you the way others do. it has a place here.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Kmasters wrote:

JENS I HAVE A QUESTION RR HAS POSTED THEY NEW SONG FOR DOWNLOAD MY QUESTION IS WHEN STRATOVARIUS IS GOING TO DO THE SAME THING :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I dont think Strato is that desperate :lol: :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Sounds way too different. Sounds way too familiar... All I can say is that this song is dynamite!
:D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

life-l

Post by life-l » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:13 pm

"Boring" is the right word, IMHO. Song is plain and simple, nothing special, but it's only my own opinion

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 pm

In my opinion this is very good song. It's a mix of old and new. Gus's voice and the whole band sounds something great and fresh. Tolkki's solo is something so brilliant like before. Can't wait the whole album.

En extremt tråkig pe

Post by En extremt tråkig pe » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Song's ok but not sure what's so awesome about the solo. Sounds like aimless wanking not really going anywhere to me. Opinions, eh?
Innebandy är en fånig sport

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Now I think the solo would make for a great lead to a song. I know with at least the second half made into a guitar lead with a vocal melody could probably make a hit song with its melody.

Infinitestrato

Post by Infinitestrato » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 pm

as for me,i think the song is great,i didn't wanted RR to be 'copy paste' of stratovarius,i think it's something different but fresh and of course,the solo KICK ASS :shock:
-.-

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:01 pm

icecab21 wrote:Now I think the solo would make for a great lead to a song. I know with at least the second half made into a guitar lead with a vocal melody could probably make a hit song with its melody.
I like it when songs give you a solo to look forward to. If a song does have solo in the beginning, then the I'd like the bridge's/later solo to be even gnarlier. That's one of my complaints about Sonata Arctica's the cage....the trade off soloing later in the song is cool, but the beginning solo almost puts the rest of the song to shame

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:45 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:
icecab21 wrote:Now I think the solo would make for a great lead to a song. I know with at least the second half made into a guitar lead with a vocal melody could probably make a hit song with its melody.
I like it when songs give you a solo to look forward to. If a song does have solo in the beginning, then the I'd like the bridge's/later solo to be even gnarlier. That's one of my complaints about Sonata Arctica's the cage....the trade off soloing later in the song is cool, but the beginning solo almost puts the rest of the song to shame
I agree. I love songs with solo in the beginning.