The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
Korpikalla
Jr. Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:56 pm
Location: Söderhamn, Hälsingland, Sweden. ;)

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Korpikalla » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:11 am

Ragehead91 wrote:Stratovarius with either Rage, Masterplan or Running Wild would be cool.
Running Wild and Jorn FTW! :music:

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:21 am

Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Stratovarius with either Rage, Masterplan or Running Wild would be cool.
Running Wild and Jorn FTW! :music:
And no Rage? Come on! A guitar battle between Matias and Victor Smolski would be awesome!

User avatar
Korpikalla
Jr. Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:56 pm
Location: Söderhamn, Hälsingland, Sweden. ;)

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Korpikalla » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:26 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Stratovarius with either Rage, Masterplan or Running Wild would be cool.
Running Wild and Jorn FTW! :music:
And no Rage? Come on! A guitar battle between Matias and Victor Smolski would be awesome!
Seriously, I've never even heard Rage. :O
Are they really that good? :shock:

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:44 am

Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Stratovarius with either Rage, Masterplan or Running Wild would be cool.
Running Wild and Jorn FTW! :music:
And no Rage? Come on! A guitar battle between Matias and Victor Smolski would be awesome!
Seriously, I've never even heard Rage. :O
Are they really that good? :shock:
They're my favourite Metal band and the band that made me listen to Heavy Metal in the first place back in 2004. They're just awesome! They haven't recorded 1 bad album! No matter which album you pick (The ones that have Manni Schmidt (now Grave Digger), the ones with 2 guitarists (1985-1987 and again 1994-1999) or the ones with Victor Smolski) you always get good Metal! I would recommend you to check out Unity, XIII, Trapped!, The Missing Link, Black in Mind and Soundchaser!

User avatar
Korpikalla
Jr. Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:56 pm
Location: Söderhamn, Hälsingland, Sweden. ;)

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Korpikalla » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:54 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Stratovarius with either Rage, Masterplan or Running Wild would be cool.
Running Wild and Jorn FTW! :music:
And no Rage? Come on! A guitar battle between Matias and Victor Smolski would be awesome!
Seriously, I've never even heard Rage. :O
Are they really that good? :shock:
They're my favourite Metal band and the band that made me listen to Heavy Metal in the first place back in 2004. They're just awesome! They haven't recorded 1 bad album! No matter which album you pick (The ones that have Manni Schmidt (now Grave Digger), the ones with 2 guitarists (1985-1987 and again 1994-1999) or the ones with Victor Smolski) you always get good Metal! I would recommend you to check out Unity, XIII, Trapped!, The Missing Link, Black in Mind and Soundchaser!
I'll definately do that. Always hungry for good Metal! :twisted:

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:57 am

Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Korpikalla wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Stratovarius with either Rage, Masterplan or Running Wild would be cool.
Running Wild and Jorn FTW! :music:
And no Rage? Come on! A guitar battle between Matias and Victor Smolski would be awesome!
Seriously, I've never even heard Rage. :O
Are they really that good? :shock:
They're my favourite Metal band and the band that made me listen to Heavy Metal in the first place back in 2004. They're just awesome! They haven't recorded 1 bad album! No matter which album you pick (The ones that have Manni Schmidt (now Grave Digger), the ones with 2 guitarists (1985-1987 and again 1994-1999) or the ones with Victor Smolski) you always get good Metal! I would recommend you to check out Unity, XIII, Trapped!, The Missing Link, Black in Mind and Soundchaser!
I'll definately do that. Always hungry for good Metal! :twisted:
http://www.rage-on.de/

kikotr88
Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:07 am
Contact:

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by kikotr88 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:12 am

STRATOVARIUS

W.A.S.P

IRON MAIDEN

xD...a little of all...xD

User avatar
NightScreamer
Sr. Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 am

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by NightScreamer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:48 am

It depends

If I had necromantic powers it would be,

Stratovarius
Bathory
Iron Maiden

If I didn't it would be:

Stratovarius
Blind Guardian
Iron Maiden

User avatar
Xelrog T. Apocalypse
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:17 am
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ...........

Post by Xelrog T. Apocalypse » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:17 am

RazielSR wrote:So,Which band or bands would you like to see in the same concert with Stratovarius?

Mine: Stratovarius and SymphonyX
Normally, I can't stand concerts, but good god I'll second that.

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by stratodan1990 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:17 pm

I would say STRATOVARIUS and BLIND GUARDIAN
or GAMMA RAY or HELLOWEEN

Actually, Strato and Vision Divine would go well,
I like the band Vision Divine, especially their first album

User avatar
HinatAArcticA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:21 am
Location: South Pole

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:48 am

Image
and
Image

Then the world will blow!!!!!!!
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

WilliamBauset
Jr. Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:18 am
Location: Toronto,Ontario

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by WilliamBauset » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:29 am

Mine would be:

Iron Maiden
Rhapsody
Dark Moor
Kamelot
Nightwish
Symphony X
Beethoven :lol:
WARMEN (HELL YES!!!)
At Vance

User avatar
Xelrog T. Apocalypse
Member
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:17 am
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Xelrog T. Apocalypse » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:44 am

Soul of a Vagabond/Set the World on Fire/Trail of Broken Hearts/Triumph or Agony medley.

I have to ask, if Jens here is reading this, have you and the band ever taught yourself outside songs (ie, songs by other bands that you never released commercially) in your free time?

User avatar
foerg
Sr. Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by foerg » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Masters of Rock 2009 billing is awesome:

Nightwish
Blind Guardian
(Europe)
Edguy
Rage
Stratovarius
Dragonforce
In Extremo
Tiamat
Schandmaul etc...

Festival Price 50 € :banana1:
Camping: free
parking: 2 €
pilsner beer: 1 € :beer:

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by stratodan1990 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:59 pm

hell....they should just make an entire festival for Power Metal bands.

Larger than WOA :beer:

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Polaris » Sat May 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Stratovarius + Helloween + Gamma Ray + Scorpions

Would be great! :D

CES
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:09 am
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by CES » Sun May 03, 2009 2:58 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:hell....they should just make an entire festival for Power Metal bands.

Larger than WOA :beer:
Bloodstock Open Air is (obviously) smaller than WOA but for all intents, it's a Power Metal festival. Hell, Strato headlined it one year.

Also, for kicks I'd go with a Stratovarius/Europe tour.

KcK
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by KcK » Sun May 03, 2009 4:13 pm

Perfect concert would be:
Klamydia
Nightwish
Stratovarius.

Klamydia isn't actually a metal band, they play punk.
And it's very unknown band outside Finland :)
But everyone knows Nightwish...right ?
Forgive me my bad english.

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by ggonza43 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Xelrog T. Apocalypse wrote:Soul of a Vagabond/Set the World on Fire/Trail of Broken Hearts/Triumph or Agony medley.
WOAAAHH :o, that would be the craziest medley ever... and maybe the best one too :)
In my opinion, the best should be:
Stratovarius + Dream Theater (Stratosphere and Ytse Jam, imagine that dudes :D!!)
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ...........

Post by JensJohansson » Thu May 07, 2009 2:19 am

Xelrog T. Apocalypse wrote:
RazielSR wrote:So,Which band or bands would you like to see in the same concert with Stratovarius?

Mine: Stratovarius and SymphonyX
Normally, I can't stand concerts, but good god I'll second that.
There was a whole tour like that at some point. It was really nice. Thunderstone, SX, Strato.

User avatar
Malteada
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:51 am
Location: Mazatlán, Sinaloa, México
Contact:

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Malteada » Thu May 07, 2009 3:14 am

My grandmother don't let me see Chabelo.

User avatar
Emma Frances
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:20 am
Location: Germany, but I´m English
Contact:

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ..............?

Post by Emma Frances » Sat May 09, 2009 1:46 pm

Plus symphony X, warmen and adagio
myspace.com/keysofflames

User avatar
foerg
Sr. Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: The perfect concert for you? Stratovarius + ...........

Post by foerg » Sat May 09, 2009 11:46 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Xelrog T. Apocalypse wrote:
RazielSR wrote:So,Which band or bands would you like to see in the same concert with Stratovarius?

Mine: Stratovarius and SymphonyX
Normally, I can't stand concerts, but good god I'll second that.
There was a whole tour like that at some point. It was really nice. Thunderstone, SX, Strato.
i remember... nürnberg löwensaal, really great. but still the best combination ever: stratovarius, rhapsody, sonata arctica...

Locked