Let's talk about Matias Kupiainen

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
icecab21
Re: Let's talk about Matias Kupiainen

Post by icecab21 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 am

the youtube reasponses are great
"Uninspiring, Unimotional, note for notes sake...fret wanking..." - yep, you just about summed it all up, but forgot "showing off", and of course the musical wanking on the arrangement.
and for a perfect reasponse to that kind of comment
I found your comment uninspiring and also rather lacking in substance. I'd suggest you try harder to form an opinion without sounding like a twat

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 am

NeonVomit wrote:
Verdades Parias wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
NeonVomit wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Why wait till May? The Album is ready, why not release it tomorrow? :lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if you could download it tomorrow.
It depends. I think these Albums mostly leak when they get sent to the press for reviews. A few albums leak months before they're released, a few albums just a few days before the release.
The last Stratovarius album was leaked in June of 2005, and the realase was September 5th 2005, almost 4 months before.
I downloaded the final mastered version of our album before we got the promo copies from the company. Go figure...
Okay, this is really bad. Actually, for me it is good since I get to hear it earlier because I will buy it anyway.

Noxica

Post by Noxica » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:22 am

icecab21 wrote:the youtube reasponses are great
"Uninspiring, Unimotional, note for notes sake...fret wanking..." - yep, you just about summed it all up, but forgot "showing off", and of course the musical wanking on the arrangement.
and for a perfect reasponse to that kind of comment
I found your comment uninspiring and also rather lacking in substance. I'd suggest you try harder to form an opinion without sounding like a twat

Actually, the first one is the guy who wrote the medley being highly sarcastic and the second one is someone being rather dense and not getting it.
Tin coffepots, iron coffeepots
They're no use to me
If I can't have a proper cuppa coffee from a proper copper coffeepot
I'll have a cuppa tea!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:28 am

Noxica

Post by Noxica » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:32 am

Ragehead91 wrote:Image

Otherwise known as a Sarchasm - the gulf between one who uses sarcasm, and the dumbass who doesn't get it :wink:
They're no use to me
I'll have a cuppa tea!

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Very Nice stuff!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:55 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:04 pm

JensJohansson wrote:From last weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yo5r6vG2E
Thanks... Matias is absolutely very good guitarist 8)
Meikä Ankka

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:36 pm

What does it matter if something is sarcasm? It points out the fact that some people do think that way. I guess I should have just said I was changing the context.

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Awesome. Helluva tease, though. Makes you really want to hear full songs. I assume that's his new custom guitar?
Let's Rage!

Noxica

Post by Noxica » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Aldaron wrote:

Awesome. Helluva tease, though. Makes you really want to hear full songs. I assume that's his new custom guitar?
I think it's just him demoing Ruokangas' existing range of guitars. I get the feeling we'll know about it pretty quickly when the custom one's finished...last guitarist I knew who got a custom made was pretty much shouting it from the rooftops when it was finished (while trying to act the tough guy and pretend he wasn't that bothered) :lol:
They're no use to me
I'll have a cuppa tea!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:30 pm

Noxica wrote:
Aldaron wrote:

I think it's just him demoing Ruokangas' existing range of guitars. I get the feeling we'll know about it pretty quickly when the custom one's finished...last guitarist I knew who got a custom made was pretty much shouting it from the rooftops when it was finished (while trying to act the tough guy and pretend he wasn't that bothered) :lol:
You mean something like. "I don't really care and I don't really think it is a big thing but I have a brand new costum made guitar and it is really awesome! I don't want to bother you with but it is really amazing!"?

Noxica

Post by Noxica » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Noxica wrote:
Aldaron wrote:

You mean something like. "I don't really care and I don't really think it is a big thing but I have a brand new costum made guitar and it is really awesome! I don't want to bother you with but it is really amazing!"?
More like "yeah man, my custom just got finished. Nah, no big deal man, just wanted a few little features on it, know what I mean? It ain't fancy or shit...yeah man, gotta pick it up over the weekend and do the photos and shit. Pain in the ass really."

"You excited?"

"Erm..."

"Honestly?"

"I'm being physically restrained from leaving to pick it up right NOW BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING AWESOME AND I'M GOING TO EXPLODE IN A MINUTE. ARGH! CUSTOM FUCKING GUITAR DUDE! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT READY TIL SUNDAY! I'LL CAMP OUTSIDE IF I HAVE TO!"

*said guitarist asplodes and becomes a very excited splat*

Not saying Matias is going to be quite that bad...but I'd be surprised if it isn't a big deal of some sort.
They're no use to me
I'll have a cuppa tea!

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:39 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
That Jaffa stuff is pretty addictive!!

Not only is he an incredible musician, but socially he has eased into this strange band of weirdoes with a lot of grace and humor.

I am really happy about the coming album, and I am already impatiently looking forward to making the next one after that. Hopefully we can start recording it already this year, but let's see. There will be quite a few gigs coming up (not nearly all of what we are planning is ready to be announced yet)

What do I expect? Good music and good times. :)
This is great, :D

lalodrums2

wow

Post by lalodrums2 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:10 pm

wow !!!!!!!!!!!

That's what i call a guitar player !!

:D