STRATOVARIUS LIVE DVD (MILANO AND SAO PAULO)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
crostrato
STRATOVARIUS LIVE DVD (MILANO AND SAO PAULO)

Post by crostrato » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Hey, Jens, since you are the only one active from the band here. One question, what happened whit that material, from that gigs, where is that, I was so exaited about that dvd, and waitnig it for long long time, because I m a huge fan of Elements album, and since the band and every thing was on top on that toure, for me, so where is that material, why dont you pay some half-profesionall to make the bootleg dvd, nothing too much expensive but again nothing too cheap?

emperor_black

Re: STRATOVARIUS LIVE DVD (MILANO AND SAO PAULO)

Post by emperor_black » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:18 pm

you're asking too much.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:57 pm

I'm really sorry to nit pick that however if they were to finance that it would be considered an official release not a bootleg.

Bootlegs are created by people who are in no way associated with the band.
metal feeds the beast

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:31 am

I was hoping it would be released, too because it seems there is some great material.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:42 am

Ok, hehe, I know what bootleg is, I m just wondering where is that tape of that gigs, is it at Jens home, is it at Tolkki, where is it? And did Stratovarius even bought that tape from record company, I m just too much into this dvd-s, I just wont to see that stuff from Elements!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 am

we'll just have to hope that they do release it, if not let's hope they release one of the tour this year and that some elements songs are on it.
metal feeds the beast

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:35 am

crostrato wrote:Hey, Jens, since you are the only one active from the band here. One question, what happened whit that material, from that gigs, where is that, I was so exaited about that dvd, and waitnig it for long long time, because I m a huge fan of Elements album, and since the band and every thing was on top on that toure, for me, so where is that material, why dont you pay some half-profesionall to make the bootleg dvd, nothing too much expensive but again nothing too cheap?
I agree with you. As far as quality I set the bar pretty high. It will be in the future some time because it will be a bit of work (and expense) getting the stuff ready. Any legal hurdles from Universal's side were cleared a few months ago.

We are planning to some day release DVDs from both the concerts you mention, and other concerts too from those days. These are the possibilities:

* Milan, Italy - 12 April 2003

* Tuska Open Air 2003, Helsinki, Finland - 11 July 2003

* Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany - 2 August 2003

* Raumanmeeren Juhannus (RMJ), Rauma, Finland - 24 June 2004

* São Paulo, Brazil - 27 August 2005

* Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany - 4 August 2007

We cleared the rights with Universal to make two full length DVDs. As far as production and where the tapes (or files) are it's .......... complicated. :) For SP I have everything, still needs mixing and cutting. Milano Karmila already mixed, those mixes are amazing actually -- 5.1 surround. Problem is that we only have a very rough cut in MPEG format plus the raw footage tapes (which were transfered from film I believe). The other concerts it gets even more foggy where the stuff is. For one of the Wacken shows for instance (forget which one it was) I saw TK has some tapes lying around . somewhere, and Jörg has audio files on a DVD set .. some other somewhere.

Tapes need to be tracked down and converted into files first, that's probably the biggest pain. And in Milano I don't know how easy it is to lock the pictures to the mixes since (maybe) they were mechanical film cameras, or at least they used these betacams which maybe free-ran and drifted out of synch with each other. Also, Milan is 4:3 where SP is 16:9. On some songs we played some mistakes. Etc etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseam.

Let's see! Lots of other stuff going on the last few months apart from putting these together.. and this year there will be as well.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:23 pm

I think that these 2 options should be considered:
Especially the second one.

I've read and heard lots of positive reactions about that show in Brazil. So I'm really curious.:wink:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:54 pm

Nice too see. I think I saw some fan-filmed stuff of the Sao Paulo shows on Youtube.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:55 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
crostrato wrote:Hey, Jens, since you are the only one active from the band here. One question, what happened whit that material, from that gigs, where is that, I was so exaited about that dvd, and waitnig it for long long time, because I m a huge fan of Elements album, and since the band and every thing was on top on that toure, for me, so where is that material, why dont you pay some half-profesionall to make the bootleg dvd, nothing too much expensive but again nothing too cheap?
I agree with you. As far as quality I set the bar pretty high. It will be in the future some time because it will be a bit of work (and expense) getting the stuff ready. Any legal hurdles from Universal's side were cleared a few months ago.

We are planning to some day release DVDs from both the concerts you mention, and other concerts too from those days. These are the possibilities:

* Tuska Open Air 2003, Helsinki, Finland - 11 July 2003

* Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany - 2 August 2003

* Raumanmeeren Juhannus (RMJ), Rauma, Finland - 24 June 2004

* Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany - 4 August 2007

We cleared the rights with Universal to make two full length DVDs. As far as production and where the tapes (or files) are it's .......... complicated. :) For SP I have everything, still needs mixing and cutting. Milano Karmila already mixed, those mixes are amazing actually -- 5.1 surround. Problem is that we only have a very rough cut in MPEG format plus the raw footage tapes (which were transfered from film I believe). The other concerts it gets even more foggy where the stuff is. For one of the Wacken shows for instance (forget which one it was) I saw TK has some tapes lying around . somewhere, and Jörg has audio files on a DVD set .. some other somewhere.

Tapes need to be tracked down and converted into files first, that's probably the biggest pain. And in Milano I don't know how easy it is to lock the pictures to the mixes since (maybe) they were mechanical film cameras, or at least they used these betacams which maybe free-ran and drifted out of synch with each other. Also, Milan is 4:3 where SP is 16:9. On some songs we played some mistakes. Etc etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseam.

Let's see! Lots of other stuff going on the last few months apart from putting these together.. and this year there will be as well.
You will relase those dvd-s, I cant belive, I m sooooo happy, Jens thank you for you fast answer, and thank you sooooooo much for putting this thing together, ufffffff, just, so happy!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:22 pm

higheeeeeeeeeeeer weeeeee goooooooooooooooooooo
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:06 pm

rikkertje wrote: I've read and heard lots of positive reactions about that show in Brazil. So I'm really curious.:wink:
I agree. But if we have the possibility to make 2 DVDs and it's easy to get some of the other ones organized too, why not give people value for their money .. "fill them up" is what I would say.

But like I said, let's see .....

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:43 pm

I remember during all the drama that TT said that the band played so horribly that the DVD couldn't be released...obviously there are two opinons about this matter

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
rikkertje wrote: I've read and heard lots of positive reactions about that show in Brazil. So I'm really curious.:wink:
I agree. But if we have the possibility to make 2 DVDs and it's easy to get some of the other ones organized too, why not give people value for their money .. "fill them up" is what I would say.

But like I said, let's see .....
I agree with you. :)

And indeed, we'll just have to wait and see... :wink:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:I remember during all the drama that TT said that the band played so horribly that the DVD couldn't be released...obviously there are two opinons about this matter
I read that too. But I think he was talking about the Infinite Tour and that he tried to shoot a DVD in Greece.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:Nice too see. I think I saw some fan-filmed stuff of the Sao Paulo shows on Youtube.
Yeah me too. There is a nice clip of Black Diamond on YouTube. And it sounds really nice. :)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:22 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Nice too see. I think I saw some fan-filmed stuff of the Sao Paulo shows on Youtube.
Yeah me too. There is a nice clip of Black Diamond on YouTube. And it sounds really nice. :)
Yeah. I think they had 2 big screens on stage. Can someone tell my how they used them?

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:29 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Yeah. I think they had 2 big screens on stage. Can someone tell my how they used them?
How they used them? Hmmmmmmmm, hard one, I think they filled it with milk, haha, off course they use them for promo animations, lyrics, live cams shots, etc, etc

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 pm

crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
How they used them? Hmmmmmmmm, hard one, I think they filled it with milk, haha, off course they use them for promo animations, lyrics, live cams shots, etc, etc
How the hell should I know that? I saw a few Band playing live on DVD and TV and no one of them ever used a screen on stage.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Any possibilities of having some band interviews on the dvd?
metal feeds the beast

DawnIsHere

Post by DawnIsHere » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:13 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
How the hell should I know that? I saw a few Band playing live on DVD and TV and no one of them ever used a screen on stage.
They did! I was at that Sao Paulo show :evil:

2 pics I took back then:

1) At the begining of the show, a disclaimer message about the DVD recording, where the public waives their rights of image and voice:

2) Here you can see the stage screens used.

I loved that show! :)

You can find more pics at my site http://www.myspace.com/dawn_is_here in my "Stratovarius 2005" pics album :wink:
Wanna travel cool & cheap? Visit <url>here</url>

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:14 am

The more you can add the better it is. So if everything gets added, that is the best. :D
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:00 am

Thanks for those pics. Actually a good Idea.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:37 am

Here is a Audience Video of the Sao Paulo Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIg7X3WHoFc

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:38 am

Awesome! Keep sending 'em! :D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:12 am

And Here is The Setlist of The Shows some Taken from Bootlegs anothers for Reports.

MILAN 2003

Intro
Eagleheart
Find Your Own Voice
Kiss Of Judas
Speed Of Light
Soul Of A Vagabond
Destiny/Fantasia
Medley: Fright Night - The Hands of Time - we Are The Future - DreamSpace - Tears Of Ice - we Hold The Key
Forever
Stratofortress
Elements
Will The sun Rise
Season Of Change
Paradise
Hunting High And Low
Black Diamond
Outro/A Drop In A ocean

TUSKA 2003 (incomplete setlist)

Hunting High And Low
Against The wind
Forever Free
Visions
Black Diamond
Also They Played Soul Of a Vagabond

WACKEN 2003

Intro (Terminator Theme)
Kiss Of Judas
Legions
Hunting High And Low
Against The Wind
Soul Of A Vagabond
Speed of Light
Twilight Symphony
Forever Free
Visions
Paradise
Black Diamond
Outro

RAUMANMERI 2004 (Incomplete Setlist)

Speed Of Light
Hunting High And Low
Forever Free
Eternity
Forever
Black Diamond

SAO PAULO 2005

Intro
Maniac Dance
Speed Of Light
Kiss Of Judas
Legions
Twilight Symphony
Will The Sun Rise
Bass Solo
The Land Of Ice And Snow
United
Against the wind
Season Of Change
Father Time
Coming Home
Destiny
Hunting High And Low
Visions
Forever
Black Diamond

WACKEN 2007

Intro
Hunting High And Low
speed of Light
Paradise
Distant Skies
Million Lights Years Away
Father Time
Visions
Last Night On Earth
Eagleheart
Black diamond
Outro

I Hope Jens Can Help Me with the Complete Setlits of the Tuska and raumanmeri shows.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:22 am

I was there! That was actually the first metal concert I've ever been to!

And I couldn't make it to Live And Louder in 2006 when Stratovarius was the headliner, so can you imagine how bad I want to see Stratovarius live again?

Since it was my first metal concert ever, despite having had one outstanding, life altering experience, I think I wasn't able to enjoy as much as I could have now (I was far from the stage and didn't really know how to control and distribute my excitement throughout the concert).

Words can not express how great it'll be to see Stratovarius live again. I mean it. I'll do my very best to give the world's warmest welcome back ever when that day comes!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:17 am

I still have not gotten to see Stratovarius live yet, I'd really like to have that experience this year.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Great Setlist. I still would like to know the problems that prohibited Tolkki from making the 2000 DVD. I found a pretty good bootleg from the 2000/2001 tour from a Japan gig. Really great sound.

metalman

Post by metalman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:39 pm

I have the 2005 sao paulo show bootleg and it's great! :) I Really hope they release those shows!