Listening to Polaris now

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Metalcentral
Listening to Polaris now

Post by Metalcentral » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:32 pm

Received a promo copy of the new Stratovarius album today by snail mail. Sounds good so far, but I need to listen to it more.
You should really check out the song "Emancipation Suite Part 1", truly my favourite song so far!

VictorTDD

Re: Listening to Polaris now

Post by VictorTDD » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:46 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:57 pm

NO SHIT!!!!

cool!!!

I'm curious about the lyrics and the concept. I'm tired of listen "W on P III" the same samples over and over again :lol:

Flakotipelto

Post by Flakotipelto » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:57 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Can you send it to me :roll: :roll: :?: :?:
I really want hear it :!: :!:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:58 pm

If they sent out the promos then chances are high that it will be leake soon.

Metalcentral

Post by Metalcentral » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:04 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:If they sent out the promos then chances are high that it will be leake soon.
Yepp, they have faded down the volume in the songs for like 5 seconds or so though so it shouldn't be "as fun" to leake the album on the net I guess.
Like, fade down 5 seconds in the middle of the song and then fade up again. Mostly one time/song or so. It's good I think coz if you like the cd you will buy it. It's not fun to just keep a promo version like that for the illigal downloaders.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Damn, you are very lucky.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Metalcentral

Post by Metalcentral » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 pm

"Emancipation Suite Part 1" must be one of the best songs of the album. Quite big arrangements. Abit like the song "Infinite" and "Elements". Very good and emotional guitar and keyboard solo in the middle of the song.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:45 pm

Metalcentral wrote:"Emancipation Suite Part 1" must be one of the best songs of the album. Quite big arrangements. Abit like the song "Infinite" and "Elements". Very good and emotional guitar and keyboard solo in the middle of the song.
Funny! I liked that too a lot, when I first heard Lauri's demo of it. There was a file called "lauri - crapdemo.mp3" and I was like .. WTF, this sounds interesting!? :lol:

http://jens.org/tmp/lp-demo-pol-tk09.mp3

Here you can hear "point A" and "point B". Making a record is very simple, just draw a line straight between A and B while simultaneously draining the swamp which is full of alligators.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Awesome demo. I can't wait for the album!
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

stratofede

Post by stratofede » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:51 pm

I need more, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

nice "crapdemo" Jens, is awesoooooooooome :twisted:

Metalcentral

Post by Metalcentral » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:51 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Metalcentral wrote:"Emancipation Suite Part 1" must be one of the best songs of the album. Quite big arrangements. Abit like the song "Infinite" and "Elements". Very good and emotional guitar and keyboard solo in the middle of the song.
Funny! I liked that too a lot, when I first heard Lauri's demo of it. There was a file called "lauri - crapdemo.mp3" and I was like .. WTF, this sounds interesting!? :lol:

Here you can hear "point A" and "point B". Making a record is very simple, just draw a line straight between A and B while simultaneously draining the swamp which is full of alligators.
Jens! The very last solo, about 5.55 in the song. Is it both guitar and keyboards or just keyboards? All solos in that song are just fantastic but I REALLY enjoy the last one. Feels very emotional with that "double sound".

Is there any chance that you could reveal the composers for each track? Unfortunately there was no info of that kind in the press info that came with the promo.

lalodrums2

awesome

Post by lalodrums2 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:56 pm

This sounds really cool !

I liked it!!

:)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:42 pm

So now we can put some few pieces together. Do you remember?

<object width="425px" height="360px"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/servic ... r="><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/servic ... darycolor=" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></object>

It seems that this song is either Emancipation I or II. I immediately fell in love with it the first time I listened to it.

LauriPorra

Post by LauriPorra » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Glad you like the stuff, Emancipation suite is written by me. I also wrote the music and lyrics to songs Falling star, Forever is today and When mountains fall.

Uh oh Jens, you´d better not upload anymore of my supercheesy homedemos or else no one will want to hear the album anymore. You can notice that my guitar playing is not quite as good as Matias´

@Metalcentral

The 5:55 melody is two tracks of keyboard played in harmony. Before the solos the same melody is played with guitar without harmony. I actually played it myself on my homedemo when i wrote it and THAT sounds mystical as my keyboard shredding skills are still somewhat weak.

P.S

For those wondering what part it might be. You can hear the guitarversion of it during the "deep space" part of work in progress III video.

Metalcentral

Post by Metalcentral » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:48 pm

LauriPorra wrote:Glad you like the stuff, Emancipation suite is written by me. I also wrote the music and lyrics to songs Falling star, Forever is today and When mountains fall.

Uh oh Jens, you´d better not upload anymore of my supercheesy homedemos or else no one will want to hear the album anymore. You can notice that my guitar playing is not quite as good as Matias´

@Metalcentral

The 5:55 melody is two tracks of keyboard played in harmony. Before the solos the same melody is played with guitar without harmony. I actually played it myself on my homedemo when i wrote it and THAT sounds mystical as my keyboard shredding skills are still somewhat weak.

P.S

For those wondering what part it might be. You can hear the guitarversion of it during the "deep space" part of work in progress III video.
Thanx alot for the info! So you wrote "When Mountains Fall" too? It has really become one of my facourite songs of the album too. I really like that kind of emotional songs! Just wonderful!
Other favourites are "Forever is Today", "Somehow Precious" and "Winter Skies".
Who wrote Somehow.. and Winter?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:14 am

You Metalcentral, stop talking about the album and share with us the samples!!! :D :D :D
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:17 am

JensJohansson wrote:

Is the second part of that clip demo or the finaly version what's on the album?

stratofede

Post by stratofede » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 am

Metalcentral, this is unfair.... :( this is like have a fresh beer behind the glass in a summer day, and can't take it

(que boludes)

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:46 am

LauriPorra wrote:Uh oh Jens, you´d better not upload anymore of my supercheesy homedemos or else no one will want to hear the album anymore. You can notice that my guitar playing is not quite as good as Matias´
Dude, don't knock them, no cheesy homedemos would mean no Polaris.. :lol:

Anyway it got the point of the possibilities of the song across to me, and just now I poked around a little on my hard drive, found the old MP3. I think the differences between demo and finished version is a really charming thing..
rakettitulppa wrote:Is the second part of that clip demo or the finaly version what's on the album?
Yes! And the first part is Lauri's home demo from almost a year ago. At that time a lot of confusing things were going on but the music was pure.
Metalcentral wrote:Who wrote Somehow.. and Winter Skies?
Somehow Precious was mostly TK, and WS is one of the ones I made.

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:02 am

Jens could you answer, but WHEN THE HELL we will see Deep Unknown video?

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:42 am

rakettitulppa wrote:Jens could you answer, but WHEN THE HELL we will see Deep Unknown video?
If i knew i would of course answer. But i don't know.

Crazyniel

=D

Post by Crazyniel » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:02 am

I'm just waiting for the album coming, to buy soon...XD

Strato Hails!

JavyMetal1092

Re: =D

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:14 am

Crazyniel wrote:I'm just waiting for the album coming, to buy soon...XD

Strato Hails!
yeah! that song is great, have a very good sound and all songs of the album \m/ I want to buy it :)
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

stratoleo

Post by stratoleo » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:22 am

very good
Stratovarius is the best band in the world

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:02 am

stratofede wrote:Metalcentral, this is unfair.... :( this is like have a fresh beer behind the glass in a summer day, and can't take it

(que boludes)
+1

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:33 am

Metalcentral wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:If they sent out the promos then chances are high that it will be leake soon.
Yepp, they have faded down the volume in the songs for like 5 seconds or so though so it shouldn't be "as fun" to leake the album on the net I guess.
Like, fade down 5 seconds in the middle of the song and then fade up again. Mostly one time/song or so. It's good I think coz if you like the cd you will buy it. It's not fun to just keep a promo version like that for the illigal downloaders.
But still. If I have the chance to get it earlier, I'll use it because I'll buy it anyway.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:But still. If I have the chance to get it earlier, I'll use it because I'll buy it anyway.
Some people approach it this way -- what's the point of having a Christmas Eve if you can already open your presents on December 20?

But of course if everyone else already had something I wanted to listen to and were talking about it, I have a feeling I would celebrate Christmas in November already ... :lol:

I'm very glad they put fades in, because it's virtually 100% certain the promos leak months before the release.

You have to decide on your own.

I cannot say "it's OK with me if you download it", whether it's the promo or the real album. The reason for this is that me and the other guys in the band don't own the album any more. We have transfered the rights to JVC and edel and it would technically be their call.

Whatever you download or don't download, just know that the package will look really cool.

They have made a few different configurations, vinyl disc even.

But if I myself bought only one physical copy of Polaris, it would be the "special edition". It's a one-CD digipak with a concertina fold book, plus extra photo booklet etc. If I remember, it will not be that much more expensive than the "standard edition" with jewel case. But PLEASE don't hold me to that because I'm just a confused little keyboard player and may have gotten some details wrong. For sure there will be more info about this in a bit!

I am hoping nobody will feel ripped off by buying physical products. I do realize CDs are quite expensive and times are tough.

I still maintain musicians should be paid for what they do. For me getting paid is just a means to an end -- the money is a really useful tool, in that it can be converted into more music :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:26 pm

I guess I'll buy the Digi-Pack. I always buy the Digi-Pack if available.

And if it was up to me, we could celebrate christmas every day. But that would get a bit too expansive after a while.

empi

Post by empi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:09 pm

stratofede wrote:Metalcentral, this is unfair.... :( this is like have a fresh beer behind the glass in a summer day, and can't take it

(que boludes)
+2