Cain´s Offering ...Timo K´s new band???

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: Cain´s Offering ...Timo K´s new band???

Post by RazielSR » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:46 pm

:?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Isn't Mikko also in Wingdom or is that even a band anymore?

And guys Strato is going on tour later this year, I could understand your concerns, but I wouldn't worry about it. This is a time to be happy to have another record out by some amazing musicians! :)

I've been waiting ever since Reckoning Night to hear Jani play again!

Edit: I'm stupid; he actually played on Unia too :roll: :lol:

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Mikko was in Wingdom, he is in Mehida and in Essence of Sorrow too . EoS is on a break now. Here is Mikko´s Myspace : http://www.myspace.com/realmharkin

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm really looking foward to see what does Cain has to Offer 8)

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:19 pm

I'm just worried you know...hope that he can do both things. I know that that record will be awsome, Jani has an inmense power metal talent! just :roll: :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 pm

I am a bit worried too. Asking you to do a gig with a band it's not the same as having a third band and being in it. Once you've done that gig, bye bye and see you later.However the band issue is completely different.
Why should Stratovarius be his priority? How do we know that? He has not said anything. Why should Kotipelto come in second place and this new band in third one? They are also bands who deserve a commitment. Ho says what comes in first, second and third place? Maybe this new band is as important for him as Stratovarius and Kotipelto are.We are just saying that Stratovarius comes in first place because that is the way we want it to be, and we are stratofans, but imagine a Kotipelto fan who doesn't like Stratovarius very much, or even a Cain's offering fan. They would like their favourite bands to come in first place. No matter who is in the second and third one. I mean, maybe for him all these three bands are equally important.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Lurdi wrote:I am a bit worried too. Asking you to do a gig with a band it's not the same as having a third band and being in it. Once you've done that gig, bye bye and see you later. However the band issue is completely different. Why should Stratovarius be his priority? How do we know that? He has not said anything.
Well, I also did play on the "Art Metal" record :)

Lauri is part of the (really excellent) "Emma Salokoski Ensemble". made quite a few records and a lot of gigs last year, and this year. Matias is of course half the mastermind of the mighty "Fist in Fetus"! God knows what more awesome things he will do when he has spare time. I'm very curious about it. Fist in Fetus is really some interesting stuff.

Of course eg. Lauri shouldn't need to make some statement that "Emma Salokoski is not my priority". Everything is a priority! Jörg played on the latest Headhunter CD and I believe he also did some gigs. I played on two songs of the the last HammerFall CD. I'm not doing gigs with them but they use a keyboard part I made as an intro for one of their songs live, so somehow I am there touring with HammerFall in spirit. Is or was HammerFall a priority or not for me? Yes it is, I would play with them or for them or whatever if asked.. this stuff just is what it is. I would say, don't worry about it. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:13 pm

I would pretty much prefer it if guys just made cds with bands. A few cds a year is a whole lot better than getting to see one concert every 3 years or even once a year. With cds I can listen over and over but with concerts I have to keep it as a memory. I would pretty much prefer it if guys just made cds with bands. A few cds a year is a whole lot better than getting to see one concert every 3 years or even once a year. With cds I can listen over and over but with concerts I have to keep it as a memory. With band like brother firetribe I’m perfectly fine if they are not the biggest tour bands since so much of a bands tour is something that I am not a part of anyways.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:15 pm

If some new Stratovarius album or gig is gonna be delayed or Stratovarius is gonna be forgotten due to this new band then I'll have a problem and I won't accept this new band.

If it's something like an "extra" or similar, ok.

If not...

I'm not trying to tell Kotipelto or Jens or the rest what to do, I'm just saying what I'm not gonna do.

We have lived a... let's say... -horrible- era in these last years regarding Stratovarius, and now that we have here this amazing album and new energies, I don't want to see Stratovarius having some kind of "handicap".

PS: And of course, as Icecab says, I prefer to have more cds vs gigs.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:04 am

What is your problem? He is doing a side Project! The same thing that Markus Großkopff did wit Bassinvaders, Victor Smolski does now with the re-incarnated Mind Odyssey. There is nothing to worry about. He also did his Solo thing while being in Stratovarius. I don't see any problem. I think we all know that Kotipelto is behing Stratovarius. Are you really thinking he would leave or forget Stratovarius now that he and the other 4 build it up again out of the ashes left behind from the 2004-2008 Fiasco?

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:56 am

RazielSR wrote:If some new Stratovarius album or gig is gonna be delayed or Stratovarius is gonna be forgotten due to this new band then I'll have a problem and I won't accept this new band.
Oh dear no, is that what you are thinking? This is not going to be the case at all. If Stratovarius fans are the ones sounding the call, we will all be there or die (or get arrested) trying. We even made some sort of pact about it.

I have been slacking a bit when it comes to doing interviews this time around. It's because of personal stuff, and the other guys have been very understanding.

SinisterStar

Post by SinisterStar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:16 am

speaking of being arrested, have you ever been Mr J? I can imagine with all the wild things you get up to there must have at least been some close calls...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:18 am

SinisterStar wrote:speaking of being arrested, have you ever been Mr J? I can imagine with all the wild things you get up to there must have at least been some close calls...
I don't think he ever got arrested. He's a saint. If he isn't, then my life has no meaning anymore. D:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:23 am

You guys worry way too much. When Jari left the band and joined Symphorce, I was able to listen a good bassist on Sysmphorce and another great bassist in Stratovarius. 2 Albums when before I'd only get one. When TT came out with his band and his albums, I was glad, cuz that meant double the good music. When Jens played the keys with HF I was happy there, too. Good keys on the HF album, and some other good keys on the new Strato album. Now, It's even better, I'll have TK on his solo band, on Strato and on Cain's Offering. That's like triple the awesomeness. And it can only mean good news.

Now, stop crying.

We are about to get our waiting hands on Polaris. We'll have our concerts to go too, and then, they'll take a brake, play in a gazillion other bands, and then the wheel will rotate again.

So, chill kids.
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:55 am

I'm positive this will be like projects that any other band member does and it will not effect Stratovarius at all.

I mean look at Tobias Sammet, he manages to do not only edguy but also do avantasia and he even recorded some songs for Tolkki for the first RR album.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:21 am

I don't think Sammet is a good example. While he is still keeping a certain level of quality on the Avantasia Albums, he is ruining Edguy since 2006 but this is just my opinion anyway.

I am hapy about this , Stratovarius, Kotipelto, Cain's Offering! Triple Kotipelto! What do you guys want more? Be happy instead of complaining! And be happy that Strato isn't like Masterplan where you get no news at all.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:30 am

I was just using it as an example of someone who's able to maintain doing several projects at once.

Many bands have done it.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:34 am

hiro23 wrote:I was just using it as an example of someone who's able to maintain doing several projects at once.

Many bands have done it.
I think Luca Trulli would be a decent example. 3 Albums in one year. I think now with all the legal shit going on he wishes that he would've saved 2 of those 3 XD

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 am

Edguy is charting and selling out their concerts so I think that is a good example of people liking their work.

symphox

Post by symphox » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:21 am

Don't worry guys about Kotipelto, he like have more project in music.

Timo is at 100% with Stratovarius :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 am

I agree with Ragehead. Imo Edguys is ruined nowadays. IMHO.

It's funny cause only some people here made some posts saying "please, don't forget strato", and then we have tons of replies: "hey hey hey hey stop complaining!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I just wanted to know JJ's opinion about it, so the conversation is over for me. It's all clear now.

Moony

Post by Moony » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:42 am

On a related note, I just read that Kotipelto has along with Tuomas ”Gary” Keskinen (also from Lappajärvi, known from bands Technicolour, Negative and Ancara) wrote a song called ”This Moment” for the former Finnish Idols contestant Agnes Pihlava. It’s the first single off her forthcoming sophomore album, and as far as I understood there may be even more songs by him on it.

The song is up on her MySpace at myspace.com/agneshelsinki.

Seems like Timo’s keeping busy. :)
You know where you are? You're in the jungle, baby. You're gonna DIE!

_Pepe_

Post by _Pepe_ » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:51 am

Monster lineup !
i wish u lucky TK!!!
:D

stratohawk

Post by stratohawk » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:05 pm

Calm down, people. Everything will be fine. 8)

And, btw, why not? When Maynard James Keenan started his "side-band" besides "Tool", people have been worried too. And what was the result? Milestones in terms of music, named "Mer De Noms" and "Thirteenth Step". :) And Tool is still existing. ;-)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:59 pm

icecab21 wrote:Edguy is charting and selling out their concerts so I think that is a good example of people liking their work.
Just because it sells good and their shows are sold out doesn't mean that their music is good. Look at the Load and ReLoad Albums from Metallica. They were fucking awful, but they still sold very good and Metallica sold out their concerts.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Just because you don't like their music does not mean the music is bad. Who are you to say what is good or not other from a personal opinion?

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:18 pm

icecab21 wrote:Edguy is charting and selling out their concerts so I think that is a good example of people liking their work.
Yes, people go to their concerts asking them to play old stuff. Many people say: I am going to their show but I hope they don't play many songs from Tinnitus Sanctus.
I do not personally think his new album is bad, it's just that I don't like it.Instead I would say it is bad to me compared with his previous works. Tobias Sammet is very much capable of doing extraordinary music like he used to. Now he says he doesn't give a fuck what people might think about Tinnitus Sanctus, I don't really give a fuck his last work either. As a fan I am not asking something new, something I had never seen. If you've been given a gift and you are talented, you don't lose that magic overnight. It's just that he doesn't feel like making music like he used to, or doesn't feel comfortable composing like before anymore. Maybe he's tired, fed up, who knows, I'd like to ask him very politely WHY!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:03 pm

He says it is "staying true to yourselfe". Sorry, but acting like a cross between John Bon-Jovi and David Lee Roth isn't exactly staying true to yourself :?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:04 pm

:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:He says it is "staying true to yourselfe". Sorry, but acting like a cross between John Bon-Jovi and David Lee Roth isn't exactly staying true to yourself :?
''There's a clone of everyone, somewhere, that duplicates all that we do, not like me, not like you, but our other ego''
He took this too personally :D