Cain´s Offering ...Timo K´s new band???

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
icecab21
Re: Cain´s Offering ...Timo K´s new band???

Post by icecab21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:21 pm

This all depends on how we measure and there are so many ways to measure. In a way, everyone is right to think what they think, but really what difference does that make? If someone’s goal is to do what they want with their music, does it really matter what others think? If the goal is to gain an audience of X amount of people, do the people that are not won over really factor into achieving that goal? I myself would gladly have 6 billion people hate my music and 1 million people love my music and buy it. I do hope that Sammets answer is honestly that he is going where he wants to do. There is nothing wrong with him doing so, and nothing wrong with anyone that does not follow his new direction.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:40 pm

icecab21 wrote:This all depends on how we measure and there are so many ways to measure. In a way, everyone is right to think what they think, but really what difference does that make? If someone’s goal is to do what they want with their music, does it really matter what others think? If the goal is to gain an audience of X amount of people, do the people that are not won over really factor into achieving that goal? I myself would gladly have 6 billion people hate my music and 1 million people love my music and buy it. I do hope that Sammets answer is honestly that he is going where he wants to do. There is nothing wrong with him doing so, and nothing wrong with anyone that does not follow his new direction.
Of course there is nothing wrong with changing the direction of his own music. He might be losing and gaining fans at the same time. But here we are just saying our own opinions, which is not bad at all either. That is funny in my opinion, I do love reading different opinions and talking about different topics. You see, everything is relative. Who says what is good and what is bad?For instance many people take reviews very seriously. Reviews are just someone's opinion.
Of course people change, we are constantly changing. When he started his music career he was just doing what he felt and liked doing at that time, and now he can say the same thing doing a different style of music. It's just that he would have never said ''I don't give a fuck what people think about my music'' when he was a beginner. Now he can afford saying that.
You yourself said: ''I myself would gladly have 6 billion people hate my music and 1 million people love my music and buy it'' You would say that if you were a beginner.Thanks god if there were 60 people in an audience looking at you and clapping their hands while you were playing or singing. Maybe 5 years later you wouldn't be content neither with 60 people nor 1 million of fans. You would be seeking for a larger audience.
Once he gets tired of his new music direction he will say, Hey guys, we are back to our roots.
And now tell me, I am very interested. What do you prefer, Mandrake or Tinnitus Sanctus?

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:44 pm

As long as Strato will be the main priority this won't hurt me a bit.
on the contrary I think getting more stuff from great musicians is a nice thing as long as the music they make is good and as it won't hurt the main project (still expecting another album from Strato in 2010)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:57 pm

I do hope we get a nice line of year to year strato albums. For me the more kotipelto sings in the better. Even if the time is split 8/4 that is a lot of time with a band. i woiuld say they should tour together but i think that would be a little much for tks voice.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 pm

Icecab you are just ignoring me and I am still very curious :(
What do you prefer? Mandrake or Tinnitus Sanctus?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:12 pm

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 pm

I'll take that question Lurdi, it all depends on my mood, some days I prefer the older stuff and some days I prefer the newer stuff, I was actually listening to ministry of saints before coming on here.

either way I simply just wanted to say that because Timo Kotipelto is doing these different projects it doesn't mean he's going to abandon Stratovarius.

oh and on a side note I do want to say that I actually enjoyed metallica's load and reload albums, the only album I thought was lacking was St. Anger.
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 pm

I clearly prefer the old stuff. Hellfire Club, Mandrake, Theater of Salvation and Vain Glory Opera are 100 times better than Rocket Ride and Tinnitus Sanctus.

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:37 pm

from here: http://www.myspace.com/cainsoffering
" Hello folks!

We are currently working on our debut album, "Gather The Faithful", which will hopefully come out by the end of the summer. The drums were recorded at Drumforest Studios last November/December, the bass at Astia Studios during February, the basic guitar tracks were laid down in the beginning of March at Studio 57, and last couple of weeks we've been camping out in the woods with Timo recording the lead vocals. We still have 2 more songs to record, but all in all things are going smoothly.

Unfortunately we cannot provide any songs or samples yet, but when we get there some will be uploaded here for your listening pleasure. In the meanwhile, those of you who like to listen a big man bang on his drums can check out this clip. It's our beloved Hurtsi rehearsing before we went to the studio to lay down the drum tracks. I think he begins with "Disciple" by Slayer, before launcing into "13th Disciple" (yes, he has some sense of humour:), song that be included on "Gather The Faithful". A few other songtitles include "Stolen Waters", "More Than Friends" and "Morpheus In a Masquerade".

That's about all the info I can give you at the moment, but be patient. The official website is hopefully up before the end of the week, maybe I can also give you some more info then. So, I'll see you guys there. Take care folks!

WBR,

~Jani/Cain's Offering~ "

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:04 pm

"Cain's Offering"
"13th Disciple"
"Gather The Faithful"

This sound like a 'white metal' band. :P

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 pm

hiro23 wrote:I'll take that question Lurdi, it all depends on my mood, some days I prefer the older stuff and some days I prefer the newer stuff, I was actually listening to ministry of saints before coming on here.

either way I simply just wanted to say that because Timo Kotipelto is doing these different projects it doesn't mean he's going to abandon Stratovarius.

oh and on a side note I do want to say that I actually enjoyed metallica's load and reload albums, the only album I thought was lacking was St. Anger.
Thank you, Hiro :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:18 pm

100 times better than Rocket Ride and Tinnitus Sanctus
so overly dramatic lol
Icecab you are just ignoring me and I am still very curious
What do you prefer? Mandrake or Tinnitus Sanctus?
if i made a album with my favorite songs from the two albums , it would be a mix tape. if i made a album of my favorite 80 minutes of edguy, 929 would be one of the songs.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 pm

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:48 pm

Thanks for the link Ragehead
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:14 pm

No Problem!

Actually, I've never been a big Sonata Arctica Fan, but I guess together with Kotipelto, Jani Whatthefuckever (soory, I can't write or pronounce this guy's last name) can do some good stuff.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:21 pm

sonata is my favorite band. tk is the song writer of that band so anything from jl and mh will likely be rather different.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm a fan of anything melodic, I'm not too picky when it comes to any one genre, the music has just got to get me pumped up in one way or another.
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:14 pm

the song tittles look darker so if this can be melodic death metal with kotipelto singing that will be awsome for me.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Melodic Death Metal with Kotipelto. Nice.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:03 am

I made a Wikipedia article about the band:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain%27s_Offering

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:24 am

They deleted the page because it was not important enought. Timo Kotipelto is the vocalist of Stratovarius, one of the most notable and succesful Bands of the genre. Jani Liimatainen and Mikko Harkin are acclaimed musicians and were mebers of Sonata Arctica, which is also one of the bigger names in Power Metal. So why is a page about a band formed by those 3 not important? If this is unimportant, why is the page about Kotipeltos Solo Band still there?

exe knight

Post by exe knight » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:47 am

Because they haven't released anything yet...?

Anyways, I like some of the last posts, melodeath with kotipelto = :facial:

stonedphoenix

Post by stonedphoenix » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:08 am

Ragehead91 wrote:They deleted the page because it was not important enought. Timo Kotipelto is the vocalist of Stratovarius, one of the most notable and succesful Bands of the genre. Jani Liimatainen and Mikko Harkin are acclaimed musicians and were mebers of Sonata Arctica, which is also one of the bigger names in Power Metal. So why is a page about a band formed by those 3 not important? If this is unimportant, why is the page about Kotipeltos Solo Band still there?
I can see the page! Maybe they don't deleted it at the end?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:40 am

stonedphoenix wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:They deleted the page because it was not important enought. Timo Kotipelto is the vocalist of Stratovarius, one of the most notable and succesful Bands of the genre. Jani Liimatainen and Mikko Harkin are acclaimed musicians and were mebers of Sonata Arctica, which is also one of the bigger names in Power Metal. So why is a page about a band formed by those 3 not important? If this is unimportant, why is the page about Kotipeltos Solo Band still there?
I can see the page! Maybe they don't deleted it at the end?
I actually re-aded it. It seems that they have no problem with it now. Actually it is funny. The Speedy-Deletion was requested by some woman who is according to her page expert for roads and Highways. Why the hell did she even bother looking at this page? As far as I know Wikipedia has their "Project-Wiki-Metal" guys who do that.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Once again, thank you for the link Ragehead, you really know how to hook a person up. :D
metal feeds the beast

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:31 am

hiro23 wrote:Once again, thank you for the link Ragehead, you really know how to hook a person up. :D
Ok... is everything getting sexual around here??...
---...---

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 am

only if you want it to :D
metal feeds the beast

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 am

i want to have sex with hero23
how is that for getting sexual lol?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:45 am

The same idiot who requested speedy delition for the page last time requested it again. But the admins declined it! FUCK YOU Jenuk1985!

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Cool I look forward to it!
SHINE ON!