Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Hellovarius the Simp

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:16 am

I think S/T album is better than Elements pt II.
Nothing to say.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 am

Hellovarius the Simple wrote:Sorry guys but this song is only like a mixture of some Kotipelto songs like Knowledge and Wisdom or Seeds of Sorrow. Nothing new or fresh in the melody which is too hackneyed. Timos vocal theme is too easy and predictable. The only thing I'm satisfied with is the guitar and keyboard which is more worked out than in the latest Stratovarius albums.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I HAVE TO SAY THAT I TOTALLY, ENORMOUSLY, ABSOLUTELY AND HUGELY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:27 am

Hellovarius the Simple wrote:I think S/T album is better than Elements pt II.
Indeed. Elements I was great. The whole big symphonic, epic songs and still fast Stratovarius songs. It was great. Part II not so much. I thought Pt. II was half-assed and I always had the feelings that the songs from II were mostly leftovers from I. With the exeption of "I'm Still Alive" and "Walk to My Own Song".

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 am

RazielSR wrote:
Hellovarius the Simple wrote:Sorry guys but this song is only like a mixture of some Kotipelto songs like Knowledge and Wisdom or Seeds of Sorrow. Nothing new or fresh in the melody which is too hackneyed. Timos vocal theme is too easy and predictable. The only thing I'm satisfied with is the guitar and keyboard which is more worked out than in the latest Stratovarius albums.

I HAVE TO SAY THAT I TOTALLY, ENORMOUSLY, ABSOLUTELY AND HUGELY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

+1

lalodrums2

wow!

Post by lalodrums2 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:45 am

This must be just like living in paradise ! And I dont wanna go home !!

five stars !!!!!!!!! Great guys! keep on rocking !!!

JavyMetal1092

Post by JavyMetal1092 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:54 am

wooowww!!! excellent song! Blessed be France and Stratovarius! I can't wait for the album :headbang:
Stratofan forever, Long Life to the Metal! \m/

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:29 am

Not the greatest song, but certainly better than anything on Elements Pt. II or the Self-Titled.

empi

Post by empi » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:10 am

You can hear the typical kotipelto writing style like hellovarius said.
0:45 and the following seconds the chords are so typical kotipelto. if you like it or not everybody is free with his opinion. i think in general its ok the chorus is good but i am a bit disappointed from the verses "dadadada" "dadadada" it doesnt kick me off. in some way predictable and so it becomes easy boring. its a bit too simple for me nothing special.

m4tthewk

Post by m4tthewk » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:39 am

fernandotcl wrote:
Feeling so sad and tense
Confusion on my mind
Nothing makes any sense
Things are entwined

Hopeless soul in the haze
Trying to find the way
Out of this wicked maze
To a new day

[bridge]
We will rise out of agony
And find a way to victory

[chorus]
Higher we go
Climbing up to the skies
Higher we go
A new day will arise

When all is crashing down
I know the time will heal
In this insanity
We'll find what is real

Together we are so strong
Holding our heads up high
[fade out]
Fixed :D

_Pepe_

Post by _Pepe_ » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:28 am

RazielSR wrote:

+2

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:44 am

:) + 300000

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:33 am

Merci beaucoup. :) Sounds a whole lot better than I expected from the small part at one of the WIP-videos.

Hellovarius the Simp

Post by Hellovarius the Simp » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:40 am

-300005 :lol: :stfu:
Nothing to say.

Korppi-

Post by Korppi- » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Sounds exactly like TK's faster songs on his solo records... I mean, it's an ok song, but listening to this I can clearly see why TT didn't want songs like Seeds of Sorrow to Stratovarius albums. I hope rest of the songs are not that straightforward...

And of course I shouldn't judge the song by this short sample, but since this is all we have... :)
"Rahat tai henki! Roisto antaa sentään valita, mutta nainen vie molemmat"

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Higher we go is a perfect song for a concert, it's so happy, it truly boosts me.
This song reminds me quite a lot of Eagleheart and Hunting High and Low. HHAL was also written by TK and since TT was in the band at that time EVERYBODY loves it and has become a huge hit of Stratovarius. It's just psychological what's happening to you. If it was TT who had written that song you would be worshipping it instead of saying it's a copy or whatever. You just say that because TT is not in the band and it doesn't let you see how things really are. People who were completely against Stratovarius without TT have already listened to the whole album and even made a review and say it is a work of art and many extraordinary things about this album. I never expected them to say these things about it, so I can imagine how wonderful it is gonna be. Do you love equally every single song from Episode, Infinite, Fourth Dimension? I personally don't. There are songs which I like more than others. It's been said in reviews this is not one of the best songs in the album, which doesn't mean is a bad one of course, but I am so happy, impatient and excited about Polaris not only for this song which is absolutely amazing, but for what I've heard from the WHOLE album which is really important.

Korppi-

Post by Korppi- » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:19 pm

WOU :D First of all, I have nothing against Strato without TT. I Just said that I don't like the clip that much. It just lacks that something. Like some songs on RR album lack that too. Secondly, TK has written the lyrics of HHAL, but TT composed the song :) Altogether I don't like it when certain people here try to start teh internetz flamewarz every time somebody offers an opinion that differs from their postings.

ugh :D
"Rahat tai henki! Roisto antaa sentään valita, mutta nainen vie molemmat"

life-l

Post by life-l » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:21 pm

have terribly understood that I like "Sins of my beloved" more than "Higher we go"... Oh no!!! :shock: :errrr: but Hwg is good song, & waiting the WHOLE album :roll:

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:48 pm

Higer We Go is a good and very Stratolike-song. The guitars are awesome :) :headbang: :headbang:

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Korppi- wrote:WOU :D First of all, I have nothing against Strato without TT. I Just said that I don't like the clip that much. It just lacks that something. Like some songs on RR album lack that too. Secondly, TK has written the lyrics of HHAL, but TT composed the song :) Altogether I don't like it when certain people here try to start teh internetz flamewarz every time somebody offers an opinion that differs from their postings.

Ugh ugh to you. Maybe it is you that lack something: Two ears. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:24 pm

mwhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

:D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:59 pm

One thing I've noticed with all of Timo Kotipelto's songs over his career...The instruments are always great sounding, especially the solos he comes up with (though I'm not sure if that's a result of his songwriting or the guitarist's). He can write in the instruments beautifully, and make them sound nice and complex, even if they really aren't.

I think his biggest probably is coming up with a nice vocal melody, which I think he very rarely does truly successfully.

This is all evident, in my opinion, in "Higher We Go". Wonderful sounding instruments with an unmemorable vocal melody (it's nice...just unmemorable).

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:19 pm

:lol: It seems as we have some persons here with different handicaps. Some are almost deaf and some have problems with the memory. They can not remember a song from one minute to another. 8) What to do??

m4tthewk

Post by m4tthewk » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:02 pm

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4LBZECS

There's a guitar pro tab I made using the sample. It needs work for sure, but it's a start. If nothing else, the vocal lines should be pretty accurate.

(I hope it's OK that I post this...)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:24 pm

the file is locked for me at least, could you unlock it please? thanks

StratoHeart

Post by StratoHeart » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Easy to listen, easy to keep in mind, but not that memorable. The guys must have in mind that Stratovarius isn't only melodies uppon fast drums or something, so I'm awaiting for listening the rest os the album to have a valid opinion.

I think it sounds way better than the latest stuff released by the band, but it's still far from the "Fourth Dimension to Infinite"'s era.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Hubble86 wrote:
Korppi- wrote:WOU :D First of all, I have nothing against Strato without TT. I Just said that I don't like the clip that much. It just lacks that something. Like some songs on RR album lack that too. Secondly, TK has written the lyrics of HHAL, but TT composed the song :) Altogether I don't like it when certain people here try to start teh internetz flamewarz every time somebody offers an opinion that differs from their postings.

Ugh ugh to you. Maybe it is you that lack something: Two ears. :lol: :lol: :lol:
+<9000!!!!!

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:48 pm

I know this off topic, but I can't understand why you some of you don't like Elements part 2. I love alpha and omega's ominous big sound with the orchestration in the background makes it sound so epic. I walk to my own song has one of my favorite Tolkki solos. I like TK's vocals over the ringing power chords in I'm still alive, Jorg's hyper active drumming and the Johansson solo how it leads into the solo with the rhythm guitar riff into that glorious ascending descending run is one of the most beautiful, emotional solos I've ever heard. I love the atmosphere of Luminous and Awaken the Giant; the lyrics to Luminous are brilliant and Awaken the Giant's drums and Guitar really gives me the feeling of something big occuring. I sure as hell don't see myself thinking of a concept like Awaken the Giant and convert it into music like TT did. Know the Difference has a pretty cool classical harmonic riff, I like the power metal chorus and Johansson's solo is superb. Dreamweaver is awesome too in the sense that the initial riff is not a typical Strato riff. Liberty is full of emotion. I could feel the love for life and TT's solo in the song is so expressive and magnificent! The tapping at the end of the solo to that bend and that screaming final note almost makes me want to cry.

I know you guys are free to feel how you'd like to, but I love Elements part 2. The lyrics to every song are brilliant and I can't see how you guys think the album is half-assed.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Well, everyone has his own opinions! For me this album sounds like boring, uninspired leftovers from Elements I exept "I'm Still Alive" and "Walk to your own Song".

a_Sniper

Post by a_Sniper » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:10 pm

I like it much as i like TK's solo albums. So i like it, but it doesnt hit me yet so much.. Waiting for full lenght album :)

This samples get me always wrong heh :D I hope that too this time.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:11 pm

I don't see them as leftovers. Elements part 2 is just different from part 1. Part 2 has an earthier more organic sound to it while part 1 is filled with thick orchestrations, almost gawdy riffs and more progressive elements. I think TT's intent was to let part 2 have an earthier sound not just use it for "leftovers"

edit:post jumped