"Deep Unknown" world premiere

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
gazinwales
Re: "Deep Unknown" world premiere

Post by gazinwales » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 am

Well the song is decent, but I can't really tell, as the quality isn't the best.
But call me old fashioned or whatever you like, should you be posting links to new material in the bands own official forum?
Jens maybe this song or an edited version can be officially uploaded to the band site?

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 am

gazinwales wrote:Well the song is decent, but I can't really tell, as the quality isn't the best.
But call me old fashioned or whatever you like, should you be posting links to new material in the bands own official forum?
Jens maybe this song or an edited version can be officially uploaded to the band site?
The song is recorded off the radio on it's official world premiere, so I don't think it's wrong.

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:07 am

Buu wrote: They probably have a good reason to chose Deep Unknown as first single, so I think it will be good :)
I like it very much.
Well, they made video from Deep Unknown so could that be good reason? Seriously, I agree with you guys, that Higher We Go would have been better single than Deep Unknown. But for us it's better this way. We have a great sample (Higher We Go) and now whole songs (Deep Unknown).

Deep unknown is great song. I Hope we see the video soon. :)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 am

_Pepe_ wrote:
Buu wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Afer listening to it a few times I'm quite surprised that they maybe will release that song as a single. I thought "Higher We Go" would be a perfect single in the line of songs like Eagleheart, Hunting High and Low, S.O.S. or Black Diamond.
I kinda agree a little with you. I think I have to listen several times for it to stick properly. Higher We Go had a chorus that got attached to my mind immediately.
They probably have a good reason to chose Deep Unknown as first single, so I think it will be good :)
I like it very much.
i had the same reaction when i heard the song for first time, but i think that the reason is evident... "change".
i think that is possible a second single, maybe "higher we go".

insist, the song is really good.
:D
I agree with you.
But one thing is for sure: They won't play this song on german radio! This is completly not the music that you get when you listen to german radio.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:12 am

I can't understand you...

Many people here said that Higher we go is a "normal" song because it seems from Kotipelto's band... (to me that is false and it's just because you know that Kotipelto wrote the song).

Ok, now we have some Stratovarius song with the typical Strato sound, but different, with some changes that are clearly showing that the guys are trying to make a fresh sound, and that's really good, really amazing I think.

And then you say "oh higher we go should be better as a single..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I say....

POLARIS SEEMS GREAT AND HIGHER WE GO AND DEEP UNKNOWN ARE REALLY FANTASTIC SONGS TO ME.

Because they are.

I can't, I can't wait to get Polaris in my hands.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:17 am

RazielSR wrote:I can't understand you...

Many people here said that Higher we go is a "normal" song because it seems from Kotipelto's band... (to me that is false and it's just because you know that Kotipelto wrote the song).

Ok, now we have some Stratovarius song with the typical Strato sound, but different, with some changes that are clearly showing that the guys are trying to make a fresh sound, and that's really good, really amazing I think.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And I say....

POLARIS SEEMS GREAT AND HIGHER WE GO AND DEEP UNKNOWN ARE REALLY FANTASTIC SONGS TO ME.

Because they are.
I can't, I can't wait to get Polaris in my hands.
+9999

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 am

RazielSR wrote:I can't understand you...

I never said that. Don't put words in my mouth. "Deep Unknown" is a great song. I'm sure they have their reasons for it. I just thought that it is surprising that they chose "Deep Unknow" rather than the more catchy and less complex "Higher We Go".

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 am

I'm talking in general, not about you.

The reasons to have Deep unknown as the first single are clear.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 am

Sorry, I took that personaly.

Yeah, I know. They did it because they wanted to show that something changed. But it is still a bit surprising if you take a lock at the last few singles.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am

No problem Ragehead :)

Wow, Stratovarius is back and they have "re-invented" the formula!!

Hey, I think it was really difficult to save Stratovarius and they have saved Stratovarius. I just can say thanks, because the phoenix is rising.

symphox

Post by symphox » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:41 am

RazielSR wrote:No problem Ragehead :)

Hey, I think it was really difficult to save Stratovarius and they have saved Stratovarius. I just can say thanks, because the phoenix is rising.
:) :)

And again the best you don't have listening :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:45 am

symphox wrote:

Do you mean that Deep unknown and Higher we go are not the best tracks? Yes, some people like Season of Change from RR forum says that the album is AMAZING, even better than Destiny and Infinite and this songs are one of the weakest, at least Higher we go. So, I can't wait to listen the whole album cause I think Polaris is gonna be EPIC.

symphox

Post by symphox » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:50 am

RazielSR wrote:
symphox wrote:

Do you mean that Deep unknown and Higher we go are not the best tracks? Yes, some people like Season of Change from RR forum says that the album is AMAZING, even better than Destiny and Infinite and this songs are one of the weakest, at least Higher we go. So, I can't wait to listen the whole album cause I think Polaris is gonna be EPIC.
I say just than for me of course, there are a ambiance, emotion and wonderful EPIC in this album...The best for me...

I saw in different Forum to put online Higher We Go it's not a good idea, because this song is not a view from this album or because i'm the webmaster from too Kotipelto France :D !!

Not just because Higher We Go it's a very very very good song for live, and i'm sure all fans singing together in LIVE!!!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:54 am

How the hell does this guy know how the album sounds? Did I miss something?

Edit: Oh, I didn't know the he is a music reviewer. Nevermind...

morphee

Post by morphee » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 am

Just finished to take a listen..

good song. It has vocal melodies quite similar to Timo K solo records.

Great Jens work.

Best,
Simone

empi

Post by empi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:48 am

listened to it 1 time and must say i like it more than higher we go.
instrumental parts very good and also the verses are much better.

Avaruuden

Post by Avaruuden » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:16 pm

I loved the song! Sure it was quite different, but I still got the same vibe that I had with Visions. Keep up the great work!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 pm

And the song is: (Matias Kupiainen/TimoKotipelto).

Great. You can see in the song that they can make something really different too.

tennent's

Post by tennent's » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:31 pm

:shock: That's simply....AWESOME!!
"Deep unknown" seems to be the best Strato-song since many years..! A fresh song with great melodies and complex/amazing keys-guitar solos.
Really GREAT work guys!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Yes, the keyboard/guitar solos and "fights" are just amazing.

And how do you "catalogue" the song? I think this is progressive power metal.

empi

Post by empi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:51 pm

RazielSR wrote:Yes, the keyboard/guitar solos and "fights" are just amazing.

Does it really matters what it is ? With music it is very simple you like it or not.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:55 pm

I think Progressive Power Metal fits very well. A bit like Symphony X just without the whole Neo-Classical shredding (at least no in those 2 songs).

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:56 pm

It doesn't matter, but I like to catalogue the songs :lol:

I think is normal to say or ask: "hey what about the style?" I think it's strange to say...it's just..."music".

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:

I think Progressive Power Metal fits very well. A bit like Symphony X just without the whole Neo-Classical shredding (at least no in those 2 songs).
EXACTLY my thoughts. Exactly what I was saying a few months ago to Jens. I think Symphony X knows a lot what to do nowadays with power and prog metal. My second favourite band.

And the best thing is that I'm sure we are gonna have again that neo-classical style with the other songs too. Wonderful.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:03 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

EXACTLY my thoughts. Exactly what I was saying a few months ago to Jens. I think Symphony X knows a lot what to do nowadays with power and prog metal. My second favourite band.
Yeah. Their great. But I have sort of the same problem with them like I have with Blind Guardien. It takes them way too long to release new stuff. I know "Soon ripe, soon rotten", but still.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

Yeah. Their great. But I have sort of the same problem with them like I have with Blind Guardien. It takes them way too long to release new stuff. I know "Soon ripe, soon rotten", but still.
:lol: That's true...but well, that was just for Paradise Lost. If you see the discography:

* (1994) Dance Macabre - (Demo)
* (1994) Symphony X
* (1995) The Damnation Game
* (1997) The Divine Wings of Tragedy
* (1998) Twilight in Olympus
* (1998) Prelude to the Millennium
* (2000) V: The New Mythology Suite
* (2001) Live on the Edge of Forever
* (2002) The Odyssey
* (2005) Rarities and Demos
* (2007) Paradise Lost

It was just from The Odyssey to Paradise Lost (5 years! )...I hope Stratovarius will make another album next year, and another next year, and more and more...

These guys are now with new and fresh energy.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:14 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:

:lol: That's true...but well, that was just for Paradise Lost. If you see the discography:

* (1994) Dance Macabre - (Demo)
* (1994) Symphony X
* (1995) The Damnation Game
* (1997) The Divine Wings of Tragedy
* (1998) Twilight in Olympus
* (1998) Prelude to the Millennium
* (2000) V: The New Mythology Suite
* (2001) Live on the Edge of Forever
* (2002) The Odyssey
* (2005) Rarities and Demos
* (2007) Paradise Lost

It was just from The Odyssey to Paradise Lost (5 years! )...I hope Stratovarius will make another album next year, and another next year, and more and more...

These guys are now with new and fresh energy.
I know, I know. But it doesn't look like there will be a new release soon...
And who had the idea of those 1 album every 4 years rythm in Blind Guardian?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:16 pm

Yes... :? I hate when bands do that! :roll:

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm

I like the way Strato took with this song. The solos are interesting including the old stratostyle yet something more progressive. I'm really looking forward to see how the video will look like.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Yeah, the vocals sounded a bit strange to me too. It's a great song, there are some parts I like more than others. This reminds me of the Elements style. I have listened to it very few times so I think the more I listen to it the more I will like it. I like Higher We Go a bit more, but both are great songs Smile
I am very happy and excited about this album, even more if Lauri is coming here saying Polaariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis! I am so happy about this album, you are gonna love it bla bla bla!!! Which is excellent and very sad at the same time cause we have to wait.
Thank you guys for these gifts.