"Deep Unknown" world premiere

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
_Pepe_
Re: "Deep Unknown" world premiere

Post by _Pepe_ » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 am

mmarton88 wrote::|
Well... not bad...good... But it's not an Eagleheart or a Paradise or a Hunting High and Low. :| Something is missing... I'm disappointed. It's more prog metal than Stratovarius... And Higher We Go is much more a Kotipelto solo song than a Stratovarius. I fear Polaris...
thanks god for that! i think that all people here wants hear some different styles to compose, more fresh or something...
we want more songs like those :D .

m4tthewk

Post by m4tthewk » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:04 am

EDIT

NightScreamer

Post by NightScreamer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:05 am

Well... not bad...good... But it's not an Eagleheart or a Paradise or a Hunting High and Low. :| Something is missing... I'm disappointed. It's more prog metal than Stratovarius... And Higher We Go is much more a Kotipelto solo song than a Stratovarius. I fear Polaris...
whats funny is all the songs all the songs you listed (im not sure about hunting high and low...) Kotipelto helped compose, and everyone says Tollki was the only good writer for stratovarius

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:13 am

It's funny people are either like me and embracing both the new RR album and the new Strato album or they hate both of them or one of them because they claim it's lacking something.

People are indeed fickle.
metal feeds the beast

NightScreamer

Post by NightScreamer » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:22 am

the RR album is meh, this album I can tell is going to be awesome

Azenkayst

Post by Azenkayst » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:25 am

Jens is doing a great job using filters in real time... something I really miss on metal bands. Hope he keeps using those filters on other songs!

Great drumming from Jorg. Amazing sound and beats.

Matias is one of the most insane guitar players out there! Great solos!

Kotipelto is singing in a different way... but he`s still epic ._.! Great stuff!

I wanted to hear one of Lauri`s songs... But I guess I`ll have to wait until May for that.

And Strato proved EVERYONE that they still can compose great stuff! Gratz, guys!

----

I really don`t know why can`t people like both Strato and RR... TT is also doing an amazing job writing new songs, totally different from what he used to compose =P Don`t be so narrow-minded, guys.

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:28 am

Azenkayst wrote: I wanted to hear one of Lauri`s songs... But I guess I`ll have to wait until May for that.

And Strato proved EVERYONE that they still can compose great stuff! Gratz, guys!
I totally agree!
And after listening to All Children Have Superpowers I'm really looking forward to hear some of Lauri's stuff too :) I think it will be fantastic!
Matias' guitar playing brings something new, he's an excellent player and I definitely like it :D

:party:

Edit:
Thanks m4tthewk for the lyrics :)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:34 am

"All Children Have Superpowers"...
So when superman was a child did he have DOUBLE powers? :D

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

:lol: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA here again! Do you like the new stuff? :)

Regarding POLARIS...hey I'm watching a lot of forums and the people is getting mad with this album. I think this will be tremendous, polarius!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:43 am

RazielSR wrote::lol: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA here again! Do you like the new stuff? :)

Regarding POLARIS...hey I'm watching a lot of forums and the people is getting mad with this album. I think this will be tremendous, polarius!
How can does douchbags get mad about the album if they've only heard 2 songs? Are the ppl who get mad the "NO STRATO WITHOUT TOLKKI" guys?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:59 am

Rage, when you listen two songs you can feel perfectly how the album will sound more or less. and many people is listening the promo (I mean people regarding magazines, etc, etc) and the reviews are really good.

About the "NO STRATO WITHOUT TOLKKI" people, that's the most surprising cause that people is now with the album I see.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:46 pm

I think it was a good decision to choose Deep Unknown over Higher We Go as the first single. Of course the latter song has the catchier chorus which fits to a single much better, but this time Stratovarius had/has to prove to their fans and not to possible new ones. Deep Uknown shows that they are still true to the name Stratovarius and yet managed to take a new direction, something fresh.

To be honest I was a bit fed up of having Eagleheart and IWTMOS type of songs that are so similar to SOS and Hunting High & Low. It got a bit boring to me that the band was trying hard to come up with the same to please most of the fans that were asking for it. I wanted something new, and we seem to have it. But let's wait till we get our hands on the whole album.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:40 pm

I don't know. It's a good song, I like it, it's asskicking!:). But In a Stratovarius record I want to hear some real Stratovarius music, like I get AC/DC or Running Wild on all of their albums. But from 1.5 songs it's impossible to tell anything about the whole Polaris. I Hope that the feeling of their music, which makes Stratovarius Stratovarius will be there. On these tracks something is missing for me... I like them very much, but... we will see what we get. Maybe the Jens or Lauri songs...
_Pepe_ wrote:
thanks god for that! i think that all people here wants hear some different styles to compose, more fresh or something...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Seems people don't take tolkki seriously when he talks about how he writes songs.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:37 pm

RazielSR wrote: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA here again! Do you like the new stuff? :)
The youtube video for "Deep Unknown" presently has 2,506* views. Most of those are mine :luv1: :luv1: :lol:

*No NeverendingAbyss, its not "Over Nine Thousand" yet :lol:

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:04 pm

There are mainly 3 songs I'm dying to listen to. I'd give anything to listen to them right now. Winter Skies and Emancipation I & II.The rest of the album is gonna be a work of art for sure, couldn't be anything else, but Winter Skies...oh my god...and Emancipation I & II, I know I've already said this before many times, I just fell in love with them.

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm

mmarton88 wrote:I don't know. It's a good song, I like it, it's asskicking!:). But In a Stratovarius record I want to hear some real Stratovarius music, like I get AC/DC or Running Wild on all of their albums. But from 1.5 songs it's impossible to tell anything about the whole Polaris. I Hope that the feeling of their music, which makes Stratovarius Stratovarius will be there. On these tracks something is missing for me... I like them very much, but... we will see what we get. Maybe the Jens or Lauri songs...
_Pepe_ wrote:
:lol: So you "fear "Polaris. :lol: :lol: And you want Paradise 3 and Hunting 4. I suggest you pick up your old records, close windows and doors ,draw the curtains and put the player on repeat,repeat,repeat. Deaf to the world after 2003. Polaris is nothing for your ears...You are cought in old times and "fear" renewing. :roll:

Hubble86

Post by Hubble86 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:44 pm

:lol: Soon,soon we have 9000. :rvd:

Guybrush

Deep Unknown

Post by Guybrush » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 pm

I agree with Beast_Pete. I like "Deep Unknown" much more than Higher We Go. Second one is a good song, but nearly no improvement to older songs. The new single is wonderful, powerful an very melodic. I love it. :)

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:55 pm

I think both of the new albums we've gotten this year are great, I think tolkki's is great for the bold new approach he's taking and I think the Strato's is also great for the rush of energy they seem to have now.
metal feeds the beast

mmarton88

Post by mmarton88 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm

Well thanks for the hint, I will do that:D
Look we'll see what we get. Sonata, Rhapsody, Edguy, Primal Fear, Freedom Call... Their last albums divided the fans because they changed. I hope Strato won't be the next.

Hubble86 wrote:
mmarton88 wrote:I don't know. It's a good song, I like it, it's asskicking!:). But In a Stratovarius record I want to hear some real Stratovarius music, like I get AC/DC or Running Wild on all of their albums. But from 1.5 songs it's impossible to tell anything about the whole Polaris. I Hope that the feeling of their music, which makes Stratovarius Stratovarius will be there. On these tracks something is missing for me... I like them very much, but... we will see what we get. Maybe the Jens or Lauri songs...
_Pepe_ wrote:
:lol: So you "fear "Polaris. :lol: :lol: And you want Paradise 3 and Hunting 4. I suggest you pick up your old records, close windows and doors ,draw the curtains and put the player on repeat,repeat,repeat. Deaf to the world after 2003. Polaris is nothing for your ears...You are cought in old times and "fear" renewing. :roll:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:17 am

Hubble86 wrote::lol: Soon,soon we have 9000. :rvd:
Stratowarius! Tell me no lies :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:24 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
RazielSR wrote: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA here again! Do you like the new stuff? :)
*No NeverendingAbyss, its not "Over Nine Thousand" yet :lol:
It will be shortly :D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

leonardoCR

Hi from Central America

Post by leonardoCR » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:39 am

Greetings From Costa Rica

This is my first post in the forum and :oops: :oops: I have to say that I always hope that you can make it.

I wish you well in this new way and GREAT... GREAT.. NEW song, a new STRATO IS COMMING ...BEST OF ALL TIME... RENEWED, REFRESHED,REBORN...!!!:evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: .

I hope that one day passes by Costa Rica

Greetings All jörn, lauri, matias, jens, kotipelto.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

:lol: :lol: Lie to YOU??? Never! You are my IDOL. Maybe as Icecar... :lol: :lol: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 am

Stratowarius wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

:lol: :lol: Lie to YOU???Never!You are my IDOL. Maybe as Icecar... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hear that guy got a job playing the bongos for RR! :lol:

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:32 am

:lol: You mean me? Icecar? It is a lie. I do NOT play no bongos...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:38 am

:lol: :lol:

Well, I think that Polaris sounds the way it should sound, at least these two songs.

I supposed that Polaris would be great, but it's achieving my expectations A LOT. It's better than I thought.

While I'm listening to Deep Unknown and reading some comments from people who have the promo, I can't stop smiling. It's fascinating. It sounds perfect. I don't know how they did it, but with Polaris these guys are making Stratovarius rise again. Wow, this is soooo good. And now I can really see how JJ/TK/JM loves the band and how Lauri and Matias are trying to do their best and it seems they are really happy.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Raziel:I never knew Micheal Jackson was a member of the band. :lol:
metal feeds the beast

strato asakki

Post by strato asakki » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:11 pm

When Stratoshop Update?? I want to Strato hoodie :)