Polaris tracks

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Re: Polaris tracks

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 13, 2009 10:18 pm

IIIIIIII'MMMMMM BLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PA PAPPAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 13, 2009 10:23 pm

OMFG Emancipation is a fucking masterpiece, and King of nothing, and WINTER SKIES, and Blind, and Forever is today, and, and ,and...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mysteriet

Post by Mysteriet » Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Stratowarius wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Read my review. I had to revise the statement I made here after I listened to the Album completly. I think it is very lackluster. The songs are all god but to me not memorable at all and overall It just isn't the epic return I hoped fore. Maybe I need some more time to really like the album. Let's wait and see.
:roll: Maybe you should try Britney Spears. She will suit you more, :roll: :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vNZs39NUI
It stucked into my head for one month!! :shock: :shock: :roll:
"Every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back."

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed May 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I can see all the crowd singing: EEEMAAAAANCIPAAAAATIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, WOW AND WOW.

finnishmetalamerican

Post by finnishmetalamerican » Wed May 13, 2009 10:30 pm

i have an idea for those who want to listen to the album before they get it or order it just upload it to Myspace.. Jens... alot of bands are doing that now to fight of the leaks so they just do it themselves

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Stratowarius wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Read my review. I had to revise the statement I made here after I listened to the Album completly. I think it is very lackluster. The songs are all god but to me not memorable at all and overall It just isn't the epic return I hoped fore. Maybe I need some more time to really like the album. Let's wait and see.
:roll: Maybe you should try Britney Spears. She will suit you more, :roll: :roll:
What? I just don't like it as much as you guys do. I still gave it 39/60 points which is still good, but compared to the other albums that have almost high-score...Well, I just don't like it as much as you guys do.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed May 13, 2009 10:44 pm

:D Maybe it's not your kind of music? Sorry for you. How did you happen to come here properly?

CES

Post by CES » Wed May 13, 2009 10:47 pm

In fairness, being a fan doesn't mean you have to worship a new album from the band. It's perfectly fair to say "Well, it's solid but it's not outstanding"

To me Polaris is an album i'll only listen to from start to finish a few times before skipping a few tracks.

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Wed May 13, 2009 10:48 pm

:) But you are also allowed to say that it is just OUTSTANDING if you think so. :)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Wed May 13, 2009 11:16 pm

Mysteriet wrote:
Stratowarius wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vNZs39NUI
It stucked into my head for one month!! :shock: :shock: :roll:
:) You should listen to If you seek Amy. All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy! Very catchy

acafelo

Post by acafelo » Wed May 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Lurdi wrote: :) You should listen to If you seek Amy. All of the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek Amy! Very catchy
Good comeback! :lol:

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Just getting them now :) can't wait to hear them!!!!!

Had to wait till tonight cause I was busy after midday and it still hadnt been uploaded :?

ANyway, YEAHHH I CANNOT WAIT :D:D:D:D

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:36 pm

What the hell is going on? Just because I don't worship this album I am not a real fan or what? I just said what I thought after listening to it! To me it is not a masterpiece. To me it is "solid but it's not outstanding".

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:39 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:What the hell is going on? Just because I don't worship this album I am not a real fan or what? I just said what I thought after listening to it! To me it is not a masterpiece. To me it is "solid but it's not outstanding".
Don't worry, I share your view too and yes you can still be a real fan. But I recommend you not to take this too personal since there are ultra-fanatics in all bands' forums that simply can't swallow a contradictory opinion :)

En extremt tråkig pe

Post by En extremt tråkig pe » Thu May 14, 2009 12:30 am

valo_666 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:What the hell is going on? Just because I don't worship this album I am not a real fan or what? I just said what I thought after listening to it! To me it is not a masterpiece. To me it is "solid but it's not outstanding".
Don't worry, I share your view too and yes you can still be a real fan. But I recommend you not to take this too personal since there are ultra-fanatics in all bands' forums that simply can't swallow a contradictory opinion :)
Innebandy är en fånig sport

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:32 am

FUCK!!!!! THIS IS MY FAVOURITE ALBUM SINCE VISIONS. HELL FUCKING YES.

POWER METAL IS REBORN. YOU KNOW IT.

The song BLIND has to be the best thing i've heard in fucking years. 100/10.

Aaaaah this album has made my month.
No. My year :D:D:D

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 am

En extremt tråkig person wrote:
valo_666 wrote:
That was good :lol:

CES

Post by CES » Thu May 14, 2009 12:45 am

stratodan1990 wrote:FUCK!!!!! THIS IS MY FAVOURITE ALBUM SINCE VISIONS. HELL FUCKING YES.

POWER METAL IS REBORN. YOU KNOW IT.

The song BLIND has to be the best thing i've heard in fucking years. 100/10.

Aaaaah this album has made my month.
No. My year :D:D:D
To me there's actually very little traditional Power Metal on Polaris. Blind, Forever Is Today and Suite 1 are about it. Everything else seems to be more Prog-ish. Well, except for When Mountains Fall. Not sure how to class it.

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 am

The first five songs are godly. All of them so far get 10/10. Without fail. I am to listen to the rest the way through :D

CES

Post by CES » Thu May 14, 2009 12:56 am

One thing about Somehow Precious, I love the solo and have ever since it was in that demo video.

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Thu May 14, 2009 1:18 am

King Of Nothing, Somehow Precious and the Emancipation Suite are truly amazing! 8)

Parts of Emancipation Pt.1 remind me of Babylon, the guitar chords of the intro / verse of Pt.2 are close to Season Of Change a bit IMO. Anyway - perfect song(s)! :twisted:
" Now I´m leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I have started my journey.
I'm drifting away with the wind I fly. "

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:28 am

I like When Mountains Fall. I loved Emancipation Part 1, Somehow Precious and King Of Nothing. Overall, I have to say the album is really important for Stratovarius. Not only are they back, they've got their spirit back, the will, they are a band again.

It is different to every other album, and the reason for this is Tolkki. Since hearing these new songs, I think his, and the other band member's decisions for him to leave was the best thing he could have done for the band. That was Tolkki's real blessing. And thus, we have Age of Aquarius (which is growing on me now I have to say), Polaris (album of the year) and Return To Dreamspace, which will be interesting.

Anyway, before someone has different opinions, I give Polaris 10/10. This is based on hearing all the songs played back one after another. I really look forward to the future of the band, I think there are many more amazing albums to come following Polaris. :)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 am

I do love all of them, seriously. Every single song has something different, they have just brought the best of themselves. Winter Skies and When Mountains Fall are veeeeeeeeeeeeeery touching ballads, Somehow Precious is sooooo beautiful and I just fell in love with Emancipation I from the very first moment. I cannot stop listening to the whole album, I like the concept of it and I think every song is perfectly related to it. Furthermore the atmosphere suits every song very well, I mean, while listening to Winter Skies you really think it is wintertime, as if it was snowing and in Emancipation II it makes you believe it is the dawn. I'd give it 10/10 too.

giovannivarius

Post by giovannivarius » Thu May 14, 2009 3:32 am

does someone has the lyrics?

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:13 am

It's the same when any album is released, some are going to like it, some are going to think it's okay and some are going to outright hate it.

All it means is that they are being honest. I would rather someone say they didn't like an album and were being honest about it then to hear them say they love the album and were only doing that because everybody else was.
metal feeds the beast

finnishmetalamerican

Post by finnishmetalamerican » Thu May 14, 2009 5:48 am

i must say this is an album you MUST LISTEN to ALL the way THROUGH to get full effect but after that its fucking spitze!!

stratoleo

Post by stratoleo » Thu May 14, 2009 7:44 am

Anyone have the song second sight of the edition japanese?
Stratovarius is the best band in the world

dirtclaw

Post by dirtclaw » Thu May 14, 2009 8:20 am

stratoleo wrote:Anyone have the song second sight of the edition japanese?

Polaris isn't even out in Japan until the 20th.

stratoleo

Post by stratoleo » Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 am

Thanks dirtclaw :)
Stratovarius is the best band in the world

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:58 pm

hiro23 wrote:It's the same when any album is released, some are going to like it, some are going to think it's okay and some are going to outright hate it.

All it means is that they are being honest. I would rather someone say they didn't like an album and were being honest about it then to hear them say they love the album and were only doing that because everybody else was.
My verdict was completely honest. I gave it 10/10 and thats how it remains and will remain. I've been a strato fan for years now and this is THE album i've waited for them to release, without a doubt. Although i'm not sure if it's my all time favourite album by them, it's definately one of them though :D