STRATOVARIUS Interview 17/05/09 Matias Kupiainen & Laur

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
stratoleo
STRATOVARIUS Interview 17/05/09 Matias Kupiainen & Laur

Post by stratoleo » Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 am

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIg6SV8UObc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIg6SV8UObc&hl=es&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIg6SV8UObc
Stratovarius is the best band in the world

stonedphoenix

Re: STRATOVARIUS Interview 17/05/09 Matias Kupiainen & Laur

Post by stonedphoenix » Mon May 18, 2009 6:52 am

Big European tour in January :bounce1:

And that tour comes after the world tour and that tour will end in South America which means South America will see Strato in 2009!!!! :banana1: :banana2: :jump: :banana2: :banana1:

stratoleo

Post by stratoleo » Mon May 18, 2009 7:19 am

Yes!, The South Americans will see Stratovarius next year PLEASE BACK TO VENEZUELA :D
Stratovarius is the best band in the world

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 10:49 am

Funny way of pronouncing Matias I think.. Not how I would have said it anyway, hehe ;)
And I would soooo love to hear the FULL Emancipation, not the "cut down edit" that is on the album.
Finally I hope Norway is part of the tour they are planning next year, I can always dream anyway :)

Very nice to see that interview, thanks for the link Stratoleo.

finnlandia

Post by finnlandia » Mon May 18, 2009 11:35 am

Noxica

Post by Noxica » Mon May 18, 2009 11:37 am

Irinia wrote:Finally I hope Norway is part of the tour they are planning next year, I can always dream anyway :)
Come on, you've just won Eurovision...you can't have Stratovarius as well :P
Tin coffepots, iron coffeepots
They're no use to me
If I can't have a proper cuppa coffee from a proper copper coffeepot
I'll have a cuppa tea!

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 11:46 am

Noxica wrote:
Irinia wrote:Finally I hope Norway is part of the tour they are planning next year, I can always dream anyway :)
Hahaha :lol: And what a high score we got too :D Even beat Lordi's!
I don't mind having both Eurovision and Stratovarius tho ;) Wonder who I should pester about having them come here (some promoter probably, but I have no idea).

Noxica

Post by Noxica » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

Irinia wrote:
Noxica wrote:
Hahaha :lol: And what a high score we got too :D Even beat Lordi's!
I don't mind having both Eurovision and Stratovarius tho ;) Wonder who I should pester about having them come here (some promoter probably, but I have no idea).
If I see them tonight I'll mention it, just for you ;)

And yes, it was a spectacular score! Only problem is my Norwegian and Finnish teachers are going to be unbearable this week...Oona will be because Norway won, Katerina will be because Finland came last :lol:

Not that I'll be winding Katerina up at all :twisted:
They're no use to me
I'll have a cuppa tea!

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 pm

Noxica wrote: If I see them tonight I'll mention it, just for you ;)

And yes, it was a spectacular score! Only problem is my Norwegian and Finnish teachers are going to be unbearable this week...Oona will be because Norway won, Katerina will be because Finland came last :lol:

That would be very nice of you ;)
I think most Norwegians will gloat about this victory for a while. And even though modern Norwegian Folkmusic isn't particular my style I think it was a very cool show.
Did Finland really end up on last place? Poor Finns! They should stick to metal, that's what they do best (not poor rapping) :D

Noxica

Post by Noxica » Mon May 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Irinia wrote:
Noxica wrote: If I see them tonight I'll mention it, just for you ;)

That would be very nice of you ;)
I think most Norwegians will gloat about this victory for a while. And even though modern Norwegian Folkmusic isn't particular my style I think it was a very cool show.
Did Finland really end up on last place? Poor Finns! They should stick to metal, that's what they do best (not poor rapping) :D
I doubt they'll gloat about it for as long as the Finns have been gloating about Lordi :lol:

And yes, Finland came in last place, despite me voting on behalf of the many Finns I know. I think it was the rapping that killed their chances, because the rest of the song was quite decent.

At least a good song won though - I still think Latvia were robbed last year! I mean come on, insanely catchy pirate song! Should've been a landslide :P
They're no use to me
I'll have a cuppa tea!

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 12:16 pm

Noxica wrote: I doubt they'll gloat about it for as long as the Finns have been gloating about Lordi :lol:

And yes, Finland came in last place, despite me voting on behalf of the many Finns I know. I think it was the rapping that killed their chances, because the rest of the song was quite decent.

At least a good song won though - I still think Latvia were robbed last year! I mean come on, insanely catchy pirate song! Should've been a landslide :P
Lordi was cool, and the intro to the Finnish Eurovision was the most awesome I've seen so far, and the fact that Apocalyptica performed was even better. Hardly think Norway can beat that ;)
And next year our song will suck, cos that's what it's always like. After we win, we come up with something so extremely bad :lol:
Oh well.. We are a little off topic here, but Jens isn't so hard on us, he's a kind administrator ;)

Oh, and I hope Timo recover from his cold very soon! To be a little more on topic, but still a little off :P

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:22 pm

I am so embarrassed because of the german entry of Eurovision. This "Miss Kiss Ass Gang Bang" or something like this. HORRIBLE! Where is Tobias Sammet if you need him?

lalodrums2

Thanks

Post by lalodrums2 » Mon May 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Thank you very much for the link!

I enjoyed it!

Stratovarius rules!!

Lauria and Matias are awesome !!

P.S. Can anyone tell me if the pronunciation in Finnish of "Matias" is as the interviewer said? Because I was thinking that it would be like "MATIAS" (mateeas) and not "MATEYES" you know what I mean?

Cheers! :)

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:I am so embarrassed because of the german entry of Eurovision. This "Miss Kiss Ass Gang Bang" or something like this. HORRIBLE! Where is Tobias Sammet if you need him?
I laughed my ass off through that :lol: Was wondering if I should buy pants like that for my boyfriend :yuk:
Or the "hunk" from Greece.. My God that was bad :puke:
And what about the outfits of ex Spain and Albania? Competition of who wears the least clothes :lol:

Irinia

Re: Thanks

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 2:44 pm

lalodrums2 wrote: P.S. Can anyone tell me if the pronunciation in Finnish of "Matias" is as the interviewer said? Because I was thinking that it would be like "MATIAS" (mateeas) and not "MATEYES" you know what I mean?
In Norway we say "mateeas", I think they say it the same way in Finland?
That's why I thought "mateyas" was very funny, it just sounded so very wrong to me..

Noxica

Re: Thanks

Post by Noxica » Mon May 18, 2009 2:52 pm

lalodrums2 wrote:P.S. Can anyone tell me if the pronunciation in Finnish of "Matias" is as the interviewer said? Because I was thinking that it would be like "MATIAS" (mateeas) and not "MATEYES" you know what I mean?

Cheers! :)
When I saw them Lauri pronounced it Maa-te-as, with a slightly slurred 't', i.e. not quite a harsh 't', but not quite a soft one either. It's certainly not 'mat-eye-as'.
They're no use to me
I'll have a cuppa tea!

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:06 pm

Thanks a lot my friends!!!!!

:)

acafelo

Post by acafelo » Mon May 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Just to add one thing to the pronounciation of Matias' name. It's absolutely NOT Mat-eye-as. But it's not either exactly the same as in Norway or other nordic countries. In Finland we say it Ma-tee-as, tee like....like Earl Grey tea. But one thing, the emphasis is on the FIRST syllable. So it's MA-tee-as, not Ma-tee-as like in Norway..... Sorry, just had to say that :D

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks for posting these Interviews :)

And the question about the DVD is AWESOME!!!! It would be great for them to make a live DVD,

but, I would prefer them to make another live CD first. Maybe even a triple disc? Cause so many Strato songs are loved by us fans and a triple set would surely have everyones favourite songs on it :D:D:D:D:D

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 7:48 pm

acafelo wrote:Just to add one thing to the pronounciation of Matias' name. It's absolutely NOT Mat-eye-as. But it's not either exactly the same as in Norway or other nordic countries. In Finland we say it Ma-tee-as, tee like....like Earl Grey tea. But one thing, the emphasis is on the FIRST syllable. So it's MA-tee-as, not Ma-tee-as like in Norway..... Sorry, just had to say that :D
Thanks for clearing that up :)
Does it sound like it has two T's when you pronounce the name in Finnish? Like "mATTias" (with emphasis on the first syllable).

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Mon May 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:I am so embarrassed because of the german entry of Eurovision. This "Miss Kiss Ass Gang Bang" or something like this. HORRIBLE! Where is Tobias Sammet if you need him?
Flying on a dragonfly of course! :)
Nice interview, thanx for uploading it!

acafelo

Post by acafelo » Mon May 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Irinia wrote:Thanks for clearing that up :)
Does it sound like it has two T's when you pronounce the name in Finnish? Like "mATTias" (with emphasis on the first syllable).
Not really, the first syllable is hard and the T is just...normal. Listen to the way this woman says it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMp5fX_yADw
She says it in the very beginning "Tervetuloa Musiikki-tv:n studioon Timo Kotipelto, Matias Kupiainen!" (welcome to the music-TV studio Timo, Matias)

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Mon May 18, 2009 9:15 pm

acafelo wrote: Not really, the first syllable is hard and the T is just...normal. Listen to the way this woman says it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMp5fX_yADw
She says it in the very beginning "Tervetuloa Musiikki-tv:n studioon Timo Kotipelto, Matias Kupiainen!" (welcome to the music-TV studio Timo, Matias)
Thanks, I just heard Timo pronounce it at the acoustic performance here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwnOK3viSp4