When Moutains Fall - Like it or not?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

What do you think of WMF?

Love it, amazing, made me cry!
67%
Awful, I hate it, one of their worst songs!
19%
Dont really care, ya know, man...
14%

Total votes: 63

Florian
Re: When Moutains Fall - Like it or not?

Post by Florian » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 am

Ragehead91 wrote:Now Stratovarius handled that very good in the past by making the 2 instruments "equal" in their music.
Yes, I want the same, Jens is awesome and I love the keyboards, but Strato must have guitars too.

And a suggestion for the next album: why not an instrumental? It would be cool :)

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:04 am

Intiaani wrote:
lalodrums2 wrote: It's difficult to say that you have one "spirit" and one "music" because no one is an original member anymore - -
Well, there were none since the drummer Tuomo Lassila left the band to be exact. 8)
lalodrums2 wrote:Keyboard is awesome !!! Don't even think about taking it away!!
Yeh. It's sad but they're gonna fire Jens tomorrow. :(

<EDIT> My nerd-glasses smiley turned out to be the sunglasses guy after all... so "8]" then?
You know what I meant !! i wrote Keyboard (meaning sound of the keyboard into the songs) not Keyboardist or keyboard player. LOL

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:09 am

I ran into this video today, I guess it sutes here well :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JdxkVQy7QLM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JdxkVQy7QLM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:18 am

Tero-75 wrote:I ran into this video today, I guess it sutes here well :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JdxkVQy7QLM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JdxkVQy7QLM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
hahahahaha Pachelbel rules!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 am

Tero-75 wrote:I ran into this video today, I guess it sutes here well :)

Actually I have to add one thing:
"Then I booted up may PC and went onto Youtube. I wanted to watch some funny videos. But Pachelbel followed me! I came across a japanese boy playing a classical piece on the electric guitar. And you can all imagine what piece it was! "Da dadada dadada dadadadadada...""

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:26 pm

lalodrums2 wrote:
:beer: Cheers to Polaris.

this is off topic (sorry Jens and guys).
The king of Sweden has a royal yacht called Polaris 8)

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:54 pm

I dont even know the story of the "Polaris" title, gotta search about that!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:42 pm

lalodrums2 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:
lalodrums2 wrote: It's difficult to say that you have one "spirit" and one "music" because no one is an original member anymore - -
Well, there were none since the drummer Tuomo Lassila left the band to be exact. 8)
lalodrums2 wrote:Keyboard is awesome !!! Don't even think about taking it away!!
Yeh. It's sad but they're gonna fire Jens tomorrow. :(

<EDIT> My nerd-glasses smiley turned out to be the sunglasses guy after all... so "8]" then?
You know what I meant !! i wrote Keyboard (meaning sound of the keyboard into the songs) not Keyboardist or keyboard player. LOL
Yeah I know. Peace. :)
Arkash wrote: I dont even know the story of the "Polaris" title, gotta search about that!
I don't know it, either, if there is one. Would it be too far-fetched to say it's kinda the opposite of Southern Cross (Visions :))? And saying the band doesn't try to redo Visions, like TT's trying to capture its feel again. Also, Polaris, North Star, is the most stabile and brightest star in the northern sky. Possibly tells something about the band's atmosphere at the moment. :P

shg

Post by shg » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Intiaani wrote: Also, Polaris, North Star, is the most stabile and brightest star in the northern sky. Possibly tells something about the band's atmosphere at the moment. :P
I really do hope so! Now everything is so fine. :)

EDIT: Changing world - the North Star, Polaris, remains. It makes the feeling of security.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Also, Polaris, North Star, is the most stabile and brightest star in the northern sky.
Oh, didnt know that it was the name of that star, my english is not perfect yet! :D (I'm French, by the way!)

That makes me thinks of "Winter Skies", then! :)

Malteada

Post by Malteada » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:55 pm

I don't know why people say that it's a replic of Forever... i find the chord progessions totally different, so don't talk shit!!

this is a great song.
My grandmother don't let me see Chabelo.

AAAAAAAAAA 2.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAA 2.0 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:11 am

WMF is awesome.
Shame on those who don't like it :x :x :x

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Arkash wrote:
Also, Polaris, North Star, is the most stabile and brightest star in the northern sky.
Oh, didnt know that it was the name of that star, my english is not perfect yet! :D (I'm French, by the way!)

That makes me thinks of "Winter Skies", then! :)
North Star/ Stella Polaris :wink:

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:08 pm

Yep, thanks! Now I know it! :wink:

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:58 am

Is lovely :)

Morgana

Post by Morgana » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:52 pm

I think that WMF is one of two best songs of Polaris.

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:37 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
Intiaani wrote:Oh and Tolkki's said himself that his songs are heavily influenced / they actually ARE iskelmä ("oldies", I think). He also said he stole his idea to Black Diamond from... whatever Katri Helena song it was. :) And I believe him. It's no miracle if Forever resembles some Taiska song a lot. That's just what Tolkki does, turns that stuff into his metal. Of course he composes his own stuff a lot, too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQAKRw6mToA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQAKRw6mToA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWIT8JaYqHg finnish version :lol:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:54 am

The problem is that when the same band comes up with a song that has the guitar+strings+kotipelto's voice formula, they will totally just look back to the only song that's simmilar.
I think people compare theese 2 because their formula is very alike. Not even The Land of Ice and Snow sounds like that. I guess that's why is often compared to Forever.
Btw Lauri, is it possible to know what was your inspiration for this song?
I remember Forever is a song Tolkki composed for his father. I don't think the same is behind WMF.

I think would be better to stop comparing the songs.

And musicians just get inspiration from their favorite bands and composers. If you listened to a song I composed, some parts sound just simmilar Sonata Arctica (8th Commandment), others like totally me, and other to Stratovarius (Stratofortress), and I won't hide it if I ever get to release that song on an album (I love it so much jaja, you probably would too).
The thing is that in music, some songs will sound like past songs, but is not a bad thing, is just influence.
My thougts
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:58 am

Brilliant song. One of the best they've done in a long time. Simplistic, emotional, relaxing, beautiful.