Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Rebel » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:57 am

I'm listening to Fright Night right now (Black Night in particular), and like, I realize in what, 15 years (20 since Fright Night) Timo has a changed voice, but I've always been a big fan of early Stratovarius (And new, there's not too much for me to hate on really), I love Tuomo's drumming, and Timo's singing, and I don't listen to Evergrey, but I'm curious if JK has any new licks from his time in a darker metal band. TT hinted it might be a concept album, which is awesome, Antti isn't the world's best keyboardist, but Atlantis was a quality track, basically, I want this album, BAD. TT will be forever lost to me if this is not a reality.

User avatar
HinatAArcticA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:21 am
Location: South Pole

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:56 am

Rebel wrote:I'm listening to Fright Night right now (Black Night in particular), and like, I realize in what, 15 years (20 since Fright Night) Timo has a changed voice, but I've always been a big fan of early Stratovarius (And new, there's not too much for me to hate on really), I love Tuomo's drumming, and Timo's singing, and I don't listen to Evergrey, but I'm curious if JK has any new licks from his time in a darker metal band. TT hinted it might be a concept album, which is awesome, Antti isn't the world's best keyboardist, but Atlantis was a quality track, basically, I want this album, BAD. TT will be forever lost to me if this is not a reality.
+1
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

User avatar
lalodrums2
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:18 pm
Location: MONTERREY, MEXICO.

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by lalodrums2 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Dreamspace rules :)

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:39 pm

I am very curious about this upcoming album. If it is a reality I definitely will buy it! ;)

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by hiro23 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:29 pm

Most of the info seems kept under tight wraps, this is yet another situation where only time will tell what's to happen
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:33 pm

What is it with Tollki not giving us any information?

Rage1979
Sr. Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Rage1979 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:06 pm

lalodrums2 wrote:Dreamspace rules :)
It does.. Bur Twilight time is even better =)

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Ragehead91 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
lalodrums2 wrote:Dreamspace rules :)
It does.. Bur Twilight time is even better =)
Twilight Times is some sort of sign of the things that were to come with Episode, Visions or Destiny while Dreamspace is very different. You can't really compare those.

Star_Ocean
Sr. Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:10 am

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Star_Ocean » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:19 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:What is it with Tollki not giving us any information?
I bet it's because of the dirtbag people online that harass him about everything.

Or, which is probably my guess, he's planning to say a bunch of stuff on his future projects around the time his book comes out in order to generate more sales. :lol:

User avatar
exe knight
Sr. Member
Posts: 2551
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: the whitefish river (siikajoki)

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by exe knight » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:08 am

Rage1979 wrote:
lalodrums2 wrote:Dreamspace rules :)
It does.. Bur Twilight time is even better =)
I don't even own Dreamspace and I still think it's alot better than Twilight time. :lol:

Babylonian
Member
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:05 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Babylonian » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:15 pm

I really would like to have that album too.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by hiro23 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:11 am

It's coming, once again we just need to be patient
metal feeds the beast

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 pm

And after Return to Dreamspace release another album called Return to Twilight Time. That would be awesome :lol:

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:And after Return to Dreamspace release another album called Return to Twilight Time. That would be awesome :lol:
More like Return To Fourth Dimension or Return to Episode.
It wouldbe just awesome to see Tolkki doing a project with Strato again sometime with TK doing the vocals.

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:53 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:And after Return to Dreamspace release another album called Return to Twilight Time. That would be awesome :lol:
More like Return To Fourth Dimension or Return to Episode.
It wouldbe just awesome to see Tolkki doing a project with Strato again sometime with TK doing the vocals.
I want Twilight Time II! I love that album!

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by hiro23 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:29 pm

That would be nice but so far the story is the same, he's going to finish this album and then focus on RR.

As far as I know he's still of the opinion that this new Dreamspace album will be his last Strato album
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
HinatAArcticA
Sr. Member
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:21 am
Location: South Pole

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:36 am

Tolkki sure is a misterious character, some times he gives all the information we need, some times even more than what some people would like to know, and some other is just a silent song. Nothing. I'm very anxious about both Return to Dreamspace and the announced RR new album for 2010 already :D
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

User avatar
Keyssion
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:00 am
Location: Tamper(kel)e
Contact:

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Keyssion » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am

Maybe this time he'll just let the songs do the talking ;)

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by hiro23 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:05 am

One thing we've all learned through this whole thing is that nothing is surprising anymore
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by stratodan1990 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:And after Return to Dreamspace release another album called Return to Twilight Time. That would be awesome :lol:
More like Return To Fourth Dimension or Return to Episode.
It wouldbe just awesome to see Tolkki doing a project with Strato again sometime with TK doing the vocals.
I want Twilight Time II! I love that album!
+10 million
(hence my picture) :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:53 am

Tolkki has such a better vocal range than Koti.
I'm much more of a Koti fan for Stratovarius' purposes, but Tolkki can fucking scream.

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:55 am

stratodan1990 wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:And after Return to Dreamspace release another album called Return to Twilight Time. That would be awesome :lol:
More like Return To Fourth Dimension or Return to Episode.
It wouldbe just awesome to see Tolkki doing a project with Strato again sometime with TK doing the vocals.
I want Twilight Time II! I love that album!
+10 million
(hence my picture) :lol: :lol:
They should do the whole discography :D :D
(Tolkki composing 24/7 for a few years.
Then another few for studio. then a truckload of new albums :D :D :D )

User avatar
palarmux
Sr. Member
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:50 pm
Location: Hämeenlinna, Finland

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by palarmux » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:23 pm

That wouldn't be bad idea that "back to dreamspace". I'm interested how it works still :) Let's see what happens...
Rebel wrote:Tolkki has such a better vocal range than Koti.
I'm much more of a Koti fan for Stratovarius' purposes, but Tolkki can fucking scream.
1+

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:14 pm

I mean, the scream at the end of the Title Track on Dreamspace. I've honestly never heard anyone scream with that much purity, at that high of a note, for that long. It's inhuman.

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by rikkertje » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Rebel wrote:I mean, the scream at the end of the Title Track on Dreamspace. I've honestly never heard anyone scream with that much purity, at that high of a note, for that long. It's inhuman.
He told somwhere that he used a computer for that. To make it sound higher than it really was. Read it in some interview :wink:

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:36 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:I mean, the scream at the end of the Title Track on Dreamspace. I've honestly never heard anyone scream with that much purity, at that high of a note, for that long. It's inhuman.
He told somwhere that he used a computer for that. To make it sound higher than it really was. Read it in some interview :wink:
Unless you can find proof of that, I'm going to continue to believe that was a legit 15 second F#5

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:46 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:I mean, the scream at the end of the Title Track on Dreamspace. I've honestly never heard anyone scream with that much purity, at that high of a note, for that long. It's inhuman.
He told somwhere that he used a computer for that. To make it sound higher than it really was. Read it in some interview :wink:
At the end of Dreamspace he sounded somewhat like Ozzy Osbourne. With the difference that Tolkki actually has a voice-range.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:I mean, the scream at the end of the Title Track on Dreamspace. I've honestly never heard anyone scream with that much purity, at that high of a note, for that long. It's inhuman.
He told somwhere that he used a computer for that. To make it sound higher than it really was. Read it in some interview :wink:
At the end of Dreamspace he sounded somewhat like Ozzy Osbourne. With the difference that Tolkki actually has a voice-range.
I'd still rather hear Ozzy sing war pigs

Ragehead91
Sr. Member
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:05 pm

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:I mean, the scream at the end of the Title Track on Dreamspace. I've honestly never heard anyone scream with that much purity, at that high of a note, for that long. It's inhuman.
He told somwhere that he used a computer for that. To make it sound higher than it really was. Read it in some interview :wink:
At the end of Dreamspace he sounded somewhat like Ozzy Osbourne. With the difference that Tolkki actually has a voice-range.
I'd still rather hear Ozzy sing war pigs
Back in the 70s/80s, Yes. Nowadays, no. Ozzy sounds like a slaughtered Pig nowadays.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2135
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: Ok, I REALLY want the Return to Dreamspace album.

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:
Rebel wrote:I mean, the scream at the end of the Title Track on Dreamspace. I've honestly never heard anyone scream with that much purity, at that high of a note, for that long. It's inhuman.
He told somwhere that he used a computer for that. To make it sound higher than it really was. Read it in some interview :wink:
At the end of Dreamspace he sounded somewhat like Ozzy Osbourne. With the difference that Tolkki actually has a voice-range.
I'd still rather hear Ozzy sing war pigs
Back in the 70s/80s, Yes. Nowadays, no. Ozzy sounds like a slaughtered Pig nowadays.
Maybe when he talks, but his singing voice is surprisingly excellent.

Locked