Had Stratovarius broken up.

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
Had Stratovarius broken up.

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:00 am

I know, what if threads are pointless, but interesting nonetheless.
The main question is, how much bigger would Cain's Offering be if it were the banner production of Timo Kotipelto? I listened to some more of the new SA songs today, and honestly, Cain's Offering absolutely RAPES it. The only thing holding them back is the perception that they're a side project.

Disclaimer: I do not wish Stratovarius had broken up, I prefer them to Cain's offering, and this is all purely hypothetical. Except Cain's Offering being better than New SA. That's fact.

StratoTimo

Re: Had Stratovarius broken up.

Post by StratoTimo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:28 am

No... Stratovarius hasn't broken up! And that is fact!
Meikä Ankka

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:29 am

StratoTimo wrote:No... Stratovarius hasn't broken up! And that is fact!
That's why we're talking in hypotheticals.

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:34 am

What the fuck :o Cain's Offering is only a side project of Kotipelto and Stratovarius hasn't broken up. It's pointless to say that they have broken up because that's not true

Strato is alive and doing very well 8)

TimoToikki

Post by TimoToikki » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:51 am

I just heard a rumor from Timo Kotipelto's mother that he is leaving the music business for good............

NightScreamer

Post by NightScreamer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:11 am

Yeah well STFU ToIkki

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 am

TimoToIkki wrote:I just heard a rumor from Timo Kotipelto's mother that he is leaving the music business for good............

Sure. :roll: And catfish have kittens.
TK is here to stay. :headbang:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:07 am

Hi friends. Due to his recent outburst, neotolkki(tm) is in solitary confinement in the Phallustine ranch on a ZERO ice cream diet. However, he sent out this telegram in response to Browneyedgirl:
TimoTolkki wrote:You do not know the truth so maybe you should not speak :) I know.

JERK JERK JERK JERK JERK JERK JERK!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:08 am

Update! Update! Timo Tolkki just sent the following fax:
TimoTolkki wrote:Dear friends,
Browneyedgirl and I have both said some nasty things to each other. We are both human and that is part of life. I am sorry, big hugs and love to all. I am now returning to the hymn to life forums, where it is much more peaceful. Also those servers emit 30% less carbon dioxide, which is quite great. :)

Love, Timo

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:08 am

I gotta say that Gather The Faithful has been the best album of the year so far for me. That said, I have listened to The Last Amazing Grays only once (listening to it for the second time right now).

Any band sporting Kotipelto in the lineup is likely to become a huge success, he's undeniably one of the best power metal voices ever (if not the best, according to some/many).

I don't care if Cain's Offering is just a side project. There are so many amazing "side projects" out there. As long as there's good power metal around, I'm happy.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:11 am

Gather the Faithful is not bad but in this great year it reaches the second last place.
Sonata Arcticas new album however is awesome and ties up in the first place with polaris.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:15 am

Talking about hypotheticals...

If one day, Stratovarius broke up because the general feeling is that Cain's Offering is a lot better or whatever, then I'll know that the world is really, really messed up.

Anyway, who knows...I never thought about Stratovarius without Timo Tolkki, or about all the bad things my favourite band suffered.

Who knows...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Who the fuck care what would've been? They didn't broke up and that's good.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm

You know...hypotheticals... :lol: :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm

I agree with rebel, the album is fantastic and they would be really big if it were Timo's main band! It's over all power metal with heavy and funky grooves in the bridges with great vocal melodies and well thought out lyrics. I've always been a fan of the power metal style rhythmic palm muting and Jani is great at that. I also think that if Jani wasn't in the original SA that no one would even compare the two. I just really hope that Cain's offering isn't one of those one time things. Long live Strato and Cain's Offering!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:14 pm

RazielSR wrote:You know...hypotheticals... :lol: :lol:
I think several posters speak English as a second/third/fourth/stratoforum only language, and maybe don't understard "Hypothetical"

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 pm

TimoToIkki wrote:I just heard a rumor from Timo Kotipelto's mother that he is leaving the music business for good............
Maybe in 50 years, who knows!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:21 pm

:twak: :roll:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:07 am

I also love Cain's offering the album rocks! Better than new SA and better than Polaris. Amazing stuff. Kotipelto sounds just incredible here.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:30 am

Even such super line-ups like this need time to grow. So far, not many people that know Sonata and/or Stratovarius know about Cain's Offering, even though the line-up is partly a mix of these two popular bands (at least here in Finland they're popular). Cain's Offering would be MORE famous of course if Strato had broken up, but not even well-known. Yet. Most people need time to find their music, but not I (us?) that are constantly searching for something new to listen. :) It's a bad habit though. I can say I'm hooked by music. :P There are hundreds of interesting albums on my collection and maybe a half I don't even know that good; what makes me still want more?
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Polaris wrote:
At 90 years old. That would be a super Metal record! :headbang: TK leaning on his walker singing in front of thousands of screaming, clapping Metal fans. That would be cool! :bigok:

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:49 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
Polaris wrote:
At 90 years old. That would be a super Metal record! :headbang: TK leaning on his walker singing in front of thousands of screaming, clapping Metal fans. That would be cool! :bigok:
Yea! veteran metal guys! :lol:

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:25 pm

palarmux wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Like DIO :D

Kotipelto looks so young, he is a very health guy, probably he will sings until 100 years old :D :twisted:

Oceansoul324

Post by Oceansoul324 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:29 am

Polaris wrote:
palarmux wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Like DIO :D

Kotipelto looks so young, he is a very health guy, probably he will sings until 100 years old :D :twisted:
or Brian Johnson (Ok, i know that's rock, but you get my point) :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 am

Polaris wrote:

True. There are a lot of musicians around 30-35 that are suffering more than TK performing live. TK usually go to the gym, etc, etc and you can see that he tries to be healthy. He is a real pro. It is not about how old are you, it is about what are you doing with your body/life when you are getting "old". I know a lot of people with 20-35 years with a lot more health/physical problems than people at 40-55.

I see all the members of Stratovarius really well. Jens is 45, Jorg 46 and I see these guys really really well. And cmon, I don't understand why people thinks that when you are 40 you are old. Old people is 80+.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:22 pm

RazielSR wrote: He [Kotipelto] is a real pro.
Yes.
RazielSR wrote:It is not about how old are you, it is about what are you doing with your body/life when you are getting "old".
True. And voice.
RazielSR wrote:Old people is 80+.
I've always thought they were 70+. :? Well, a ten years' time is quick for people that old anyway. :roll:

Yeah, I see Stratovarius as a very convincing band still. The years haven't affected them very radically. Superb musicians, everyone of them!
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:02 am

RazielSR wrote: I see all the members of Stratovarius really well. Jens is 45, Jorg 46 and I see these guys really really well. And cmon, I don't understand why people thinks that when you are 40 you are old. Old people is 80+.
Yea, I mean look at Bruce Dickinson, he's 50 and still full of energy onstage. Andi Deris is 45 and still kickin ass. I saw Deep Purple last year, they were awesome. Well ... I guess all my favorite bands are now in their 40's and 50's :P

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:05 am

RazielSR wrote:
Polaris wrote:

And cmon, I don't understand why people thinks that when you are 40 you are old. Old people is 80+.
I never said that when you are 40 you are old!
I'm 37 :lol: So what!? I really don't care about age, cause what really matters is what you have inside & how you're feeling with yourself :D
Doesn't matters if you're fat, skinny, tall or small, if you're happy with your own life that is what really matters!

& Even guys like Kotipelto who cares about healthy & go to gyms is not always that are healthy or looks in good shape, I know a lot of people who go to the gyms & others who don't do nothing but is in a better shape than people who do gyms, I think depends of genetics too, you know! :wink:

Oceansoul324

Post by Oceansoul324 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Polaris wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Polaris wrote:

And cmon, I don't understand why people thinks that when you are 40 you are old. Old people is 80+.
I'm 37 :lol: So what!? I really don't care about age, cause what really matters is what you have inside & how you're feeling with yourself :D
Doesn't matters if you're fat, skinny, tall or small, if you're happy with your own life that is what really matters!
+1 to that statement :P.

Dragon Queen

Post by Dragon Queen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:04 am

Rebel wrote:I know, what if threads are pointless, but interesting nonetheless.
The main question is, how much bigger would Cain's Offering be if it were the banner production of Timo Kotipelto? I listened to some more of the new SA songs today, and honestly, Cain's Offering absolutely RAPES it. The only thing holding them back is the perception that they're a side project.

Disclaimer: I do not wish Stratovarius had broken up, I prefer them to Cain's offering, and this is all purely hypothetical. Except Cain's Offering being better than New SA. That's fact.
No, that is an opinion not a fact. Look up the meanings of the words "opinion" and "fact".