Seattle, WA on October 4th

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
dirtclaw
Seattle, WA on October 4th

Post by dirtclaw » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Just bought tickets yesterday after I was absolutely certain I could go. First time seeing Stratovarius, but it's a bit of a shame they're limited to just El Corazon. Personally, I'm not a fan of the venue at all, but I'll deal with it like I did last year when I saw Kamelot.

Anyhow, enough griping, who else from here is going?

AMBR@BEC

Re: Seattle, WA on October 4th

Post by AMBR@BEC » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:34 pm

My buddy, Ben and I will be there. He lives in Seattle, but I've never been there. Can you tell me a little about the club? Size of stage, typical lighting? etc.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

dirtclaw

Post by dirtclaw » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:19 pm

AMBR@BEC wrote:My buddy, Ben and I will be there. He lives in Seattle, but I've never been there. Can you tell me a little about the club? Size of stage, typical lighting? etc.
I've only been to the place once, I'll say that right off. But it's just... well, it's rather cramped. I was honestly afraid Edguy's frontman was gonna bust his head through the ceiling the way he was jumping around up there at times. Lighting and sound wise it's all fine, but there's just not a whole lot of room is all. Although, at the same time, I guess it makes the whole experience a bit more personal.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:58 am

The stage is tiny in most of the Seattle venues that these bands bet to play at. Showbox sodo is one where the band can actually move around a little more but the bands definitely has a reduced stage show at a venue like el Corazon. Im sure there are better details out there but 350 is around the capacity.

GuiHunter

Hello!!

Post by GuiHunter » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Hey guys from USA !! I would like to know how much Stratovarius is success in there ?! Melodic Metal has good expression on there? And if you remember the set list of the gig could you put on here to me cause hope to see them on Brazil - Belo Horizonte!! Thanks!!
(Fear No Beer!!!)
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
- I talked with GOD and He said that I am the best in this band...
Kotipelto:
- I don't remember I said that...
( Fear No Beer !!! )

dirtclaw

Post by dirtclaw » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:44 am

I'll probably post a recap the day after the show. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive there and another 2 1/2 back, but it's so worth it.

dedrabbit42

Post by dedrabbit42 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:49 pm

I will be attending this show, as well. Driving up from the Portland/Vancouver area. If el Corazon is anything like the last venue they played when they were here (Studio 7), it will be...intimate.

Bringing a friend this year, who had (until yesterday) never heard Stratovarius. I'm hoping this will bring him around!

If anyone needs a ride, feel free to send me a note and maybe we can work something out. I'm rockin' the minivan up this time around. God, I'm getting old...

dirtclaw

Post by dirtclaw » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 am

So the drive was an hour and a half there and an hour and a half back. Off by an hour, oh well.

Both opening bands were good. Although my friends weren't big fans of Sword of Judgment, I really got into them and let them know I was having a great time.

As far as Stratovarius goes... well, apparently we were too good of an audience for them, as there was a bit of an equipment malfunction during Hunting High & Low, as something happened with Lauri's equipment. Rather than it becoming an awkward moment, Koti directs traffic and has Matias solo for us (special props goes out to Matias directly, he is great for Strato!). The setlist was very similar to ones already posted here, but it was lacking Higher We Go, Legions and Forever. A special compliment should go to the entire band for an absolutely stunning performance of Father Time, as that one in particular really blew me away. All in all, I had the time of my life tonight. Thank you for putting on one hell of a show!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:10 pm

I was there at the Venezuela, rrr, Seattle gig and...it was great! :rotflmao1: I tried to get Jens to sign my microphallus but it couldn't reach the stage :cry: :cry:

I noticed that the songs they played from Polaris seemed to work very well, live. Awesome. Jorg seemed bored out of his mind but other than that the vibe was great. On another note, you guys have no idea how much weight Timo Tolkki has lost :lol: He's a new man!

By the way, remember when I said I was ten minutes away from icecab :crazy1:? This time I was ten seconds away from him at the most :shock: At some point, I turned around and found him standing literally by my side, headbanging* without a care in the world. I should have tried to stop him; banging his head against things is how he got this way in the first place. :lol: I showered as soon as I got home and feel a little better now.

Nah nah, kidding of course. He seemed like a pretty devoted fan and his swirling hair cooled down the venue by about 5 degrees :D

*Doesn't headbanging sound like some kind of kinky sex? :headbang: -> :facial:

:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
:pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat:
:jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:22 pm

I was there too. Great show. Everyone sounded good, but I especially liked Lauri's bass solo. Badass! Also Jens' off key ramble. :lol: Which song was that again?
Let's Rage!

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:56 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I was there at the Venezuela, rrr, Seattle gig and...it was great! :rotflmao1: I tried to get Jens to sign my microphallus but it couldn't reach the stage :cry: :cry:

I noticed that the songs they played from Polaris seemed to work very well, live. Awesome. Jorg seemed bored out of his mind but other than that the vibe was great. On another note, you guys have no idea how much weight Timo Tolkki has lost :lol: He's a new man!

By the way, remember when I said I was ten minutes away from icecab :crazy1:? This time I was ten seconds away from him at the most :shock: At some point, I turned around and found him standing literally by my side, headbanging* without a care in the world. I should have tried to stop him; banging his head against things is how he got this way in the first place. :lol: I showered as soon as I got home and feel a little better now.

Nah nah, kidding of course. He seemed like a pretty devoted fan and his swirling hair cooled down the venue by about 5 degrees :D

*Doesn't headbanging sound like some kind of kinky sex? :headbang: -> :facial:

:crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2:
:pacscat: :pacscat: :pacscat:
:jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:

???Oh!!Except from banging his head did Icecar make some points???Or commas??? 8)

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Can you please post the entire set list of the show here?
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
Kotipelto:
( Fear No Beer !!! )

AMBR@BEC

Photos from Seattle

Post by AMBR@BEC » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:10 am

Sorry, don't have the complete setlist, but here's a few photos:

Unfortunately, there was no lighting in the wings so I had to resort to flash for Mattias and Jens and ended up not getting much.

Equipment malfunction:

hmm, whose helping and whose just adding to the confusion?
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:00 am

Great pics of a great show! :headbang:

dedrabbit42

Post by dedrabbit42 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:52 am

Wonderful pics! Thank you very much!

It WAS a great show. Poor Timo looked like death warmed over at times. He really had no business being anywhere but in bed, but it is a testament to their dedication to the fans that they went ahead with the show jut the same. It was nice to see a bigger crowd this time around. (I felt really bad last tour!)

Showed up too late to make use of my Premium Access tickets (grrr...), but hung around after the show to thank to band members. Everyone was quite pleasant and congenial and seemed genuinely happy to meet their U.S. fans.

Thank you, Stratovarius, for a wonderful show. PLEASE don't give up on the U.S. Maybe, someday, the rest of the country will realize how amazing you guys are. Until then, I'll continue to spread the gospel and increase the size of the Legion.

StratoFabio

Post by StratoFabio » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:44 am

nice pics! did anyone get the setlist?
StratoFabio

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Your pics are great as usual AMBR :) thank you.

GuiHunter

Post by GuiHunter » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:20 pm

nice pics!!
Tolkki to Kotipelto:
Kotipelto:
( Fear No Beer !!! )