Is it ever tolerable to heckle an opener? (full review 9/24)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Dragon Queen
Re: Is it ever tolerable to heckle an opener? (full review 9/24)

Post by Dragon Queen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:38 am

Rebel wrote:Well, The opening band was DEFINITELY metal.

http://www.myspace.com/darkarena

I guess this lady is fairly frequent at this place, and she gave Sonata Arctica and possibly Edguy some shit when they played there. However she also had some story about Tony Kakko demanding to know how she got some scar on her neck.

She was there with her husband, but if anything, he was keeping her in check.

It's just a community of musicians thing IMO, a band is up there to have fun, Stratovarius wasn't even in the venue at the time of this show, they were eating dinner. They were there to have fun, the singer seemed to have fun regardless, but I always go nuts for openers because they really appreciate it.
More fiction from a seriously disturbed person. I have never given shit to Edguy (who I have never even met) or Sonata Arctica. And considering that my ex was beating me right in front of SA's stage, I would say any decent men would ask if a fresh injury was caused in that way. But then again, you are a child not a man, so you would not understand adult issues such as domestic abuse. Run along and go be a Juggalo or something and keep my life out of your fairy tales.

Dragon Queen

Post by Dragon Queen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 am

Rebel wrote:
icecab21 wrote:just another proof that people can listen to stratovarius without any of the messeges sinking in.
Yeah, Unfortunately. We actually apologized to her after the show, because I felt bad for her husband (Who was a really good fan, rocked out for all the bands, and kept his wife in check as best he could)
She had some "interesting stories" about these musicians she "knew really well" like Gus G.
(Which were almost assuredly all made up)
Post deleted. I thought better, and now have no time for this nonsense.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:45 am

Ah, the Internet...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:33 am

smart singer to ask a person who did not like the band to come to their next gigs and cause a scene. to get paid to have someone create controversy is a nice deal.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:57 am

I am so glad so you showed up on this thread, I was kind of wondering if it would happen.

and no, I don't necessarily enjoy making a fool of myself in the middle of the concert, but to each their own. From what I heard you seem to be a known personality at that place, (And not in a good way)

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAAA » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:03 am

Dragon Queen wrote:

I guess this lady is fairly frequent at this place, and she gave Sonata Arctica and possibly Edguy some shit when they played there. However she also had some story about Tony Kakko demanding to know how she got some scar on her neck.

It's just a community of musicians thing IMO, a band is up there to have fun, Stratovarius wasn't even in the venue at the time of this show, they were eating dinner. They were there to have fun, the singer seemed to have fun regardless, but I always go nuts for openers because they really appreciate it.
More fiction from a seriously disturbed person. I have never given shit to Edguy (who I have never even met) or Sonata Arctica. And considering that my ex was beating me right in front of SA's stage, I would say any decent men would ask if a fresh injury was caused in that way. But then again, you are a child not a man, so you would not understand adult issues such as domestic abuse. Run along and go be a Juggalo or something and keep my life out of your fairy tales.

I don't suppose you would mind posting pictures of yourself? My phallus has been quite lonely on Onkel Jeremiah's ranch today.

venezuela_boy

Post by venezuela_boy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:07 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAA wrote: I don't suppose you would mind posting pictures of yourself? My phallus has been quite lonely on Onkel Jeremiah's ranch today.
especially since stratovarius will not come to venezuela :cry: :cry:

Drag queen, will you at least come visit me in venezuela? I will teach you futbol. You will probably be more useful as the ball than a player, though. I hear you are quite round JAJAJAJAJA! :lol:
I SORRY MY ENGLISH I AM FROM THE VENEZUELA!!!!!!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 am

Dragon Queen wrote:

you are comically disturbed, I'm not going to go into a full list of offenses about you, although i have many more stories I could tell, my point in posting this is to prove that insulting an opener, especially in the manner that you did was unnacceptable, and just because the singer was mature enough to laugh it off does not justify what you did. For fucks sake, you practically blocked the Pagan's mind bassist from playing his song by putting your hands on the neck of his bass during a song.

I couldn't give two shits about Hammerfall to be honest, they've never appealed to me, aside from the former connection to In Flames (Which is now gone), and Anders Johansson's presence in the band, but Metal about "Thunder and Lighting and Kingdoms of Steel" just makes me laugh to be honest. While we're throwing around accusations of "Obsessive Power Metal fan" around, be aware that I probably have listened to more music, in more genres than you even know existed (and the friend I went to the concert with at one point had a harddrive with over 120 individual genres of music on it), and Eric Singer is one of the best drummers in Heavy Metal, or do you know more about music than the consensus opinion of Black Sabbath, Kiss, and Alice Cooper?

By the end of your two and a half hour stint "Chilling with the band" people were so sick of you they were practically bribing you to get the hell out.

Antza

Re: This is no review, this is foolish. The truth is out the

Post by Antza » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:51 am

dirtclaw wrote:
Dragon Queen wrote: You and your friend are just typical sad, obsessive power metal geeks who have to go on bands' message boards to try and act like you're cool and make other fans look like morons because they don't think or act the way you do.
Quick, everyone! Abandon the thread before it's too late!
LOL

+9000

;)

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:57 am

venezuela_boy wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAA wrote: I don't suppose you would mind posting pictures of yourself? My phallus has been quite lonely on Onkel Jeremiah's ranch today.
especially since stratovarius will not come to venezuela :cry: :cry:

Drag queen, will you at least come visit me in venezuela? I will teach you futbol. You will probably be more useful as the ball than a player, though. I hear you are quite round JAJAJAJAJA! :lol:
:x What are you DOING here?? You better stay on the questiongame and not make a fool of yourself here. :x

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:55 pm

>sigh< :roll:
I guess this incident just proves there are two sides to every story. Unless you are present as a witness there is absolutely no way to prove anything. But, it was just a concert, the world did not end, and there is always a next one.

@Rebel, did you take any pictures? ??? Of the concert I mean. It would have been nice. There has not been many photos shared these days. ???

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:26 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:>sigh< :roll:
I guess this incident just proves there are two sides to every story. Unless you are present as a witness there is absolutely no way to prove anything. But, it was just a concert, the world did not end, and there is always a next one.

@Rebel, did you take any pictures? ??? Of the concert I mean. It would have been nice. There has not been many photos shared these days. ???
No, I forgot my camera in the car, and my buddy believes a concert is always more legendary if you have to relay it to friends through spoken words, not video, but someone I was chilling with at the concert DID take a video of the EPIC Lauri/Matias duel

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Some weird shit going on here. Who am I supossed to belive?

Dragon Queen

Post by Dragon Queen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Again deleted. I have decided I will not carry this silliness on. I have better things to spend my time on.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:44 pm

Dragon Queen wrote:

Well, at least someone is mature and isn't taking the word of an unemployed 24 year old as gospel. Also, no one bribed me to leave. All I did was say that our ride (friend's wife) did not show that night because we had been there too late (we do not own a car) and she had gone to bed, and could someone help us get home. Someone gave us bus fare because she was a nice person and that's all it was. No one bribed anyone, but I guess in this guy's fantasy world, he is Superfan and all others must bow to him. Oh well, I guess let him have have his little messageboard fantasies since that is all he has.
You really are a sad, sad person aren't you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm really not sure WHY people think the best way to cover their psychotic egotistic existence is to accuse everyone else of being psychotic and egotistical, but it's really not an effective strategy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Everyone's crazy but me!"

(Not to say I'm the most sane man alive, I post on this forum, which necessitates a certain level of being unhinged), but on the count of "All I have", at least I'm secure enough to enjoy a concert without having to tear down live performers to make myself feel better.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:23 pm

*slowly backs out of thread*
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:36 pm

*sneaks out of this thread quietly*

Dragon Queen

Post by Dragon Queen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:41 pm

*leaving as well, this is truly pointless*
"I don't give a fuck if ya hate me!"- Alexi Laiho

Burning Reflection

Re: This is no review, this is foolish. The truth is out the

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Dragon Queen wrote:
And I paid for my ticket, this is America and I can say anything or look any way I want. Sorry I feel that the booking people made a poor choice. Not my fault, Junior.
If you had some common courtesy in the first place he wouldn't have had a reason to come on here and complain. Instead of making amends you make stupid inbred comments like this. The enemy is not the other; the enemy is you.

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:28 pm

<3 internet

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:19 am

(Not to say I'm the most sane man alive, I post on this forum, which necessitates a certain level of being unhinged)
:lol: :lol: :lol: >High5<

At my age I should be sitting in a corner in a rocker knitting baby booties for my Grandson but, hey its fun here, and I think it serves some kind of purpose, somehow. :D

Oceansoul324

Post by Oceansoul324 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:30 am

Uhhh... *doesn't know what to think*
*Leaves the thread as well*

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 am

Why do people make comments about how they are above commenting? If you are “not going to waste your time”, why not just avoid posting at all?

Oceansoul324

Post by Oceansoul324 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 am

I think she DID comment at first, but realized it was pointless and edited it out.

miditek

Post by miditek » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:34 am

Maybe this pork chop everyone was complaining about was actually RealTolkki(tm) in drag. (What a garish concept!)

Didn't realize he swinged that way (and I am quite sure that NeoTolkki must be completely mortified to discover this), but to each his/her/its own.

Rebel, next time just tie a rock to a case of ExLax(r) laced Hershey bars (and tell everyone else to get the hell out of the way) and hurl it towards the nearest garbage receptacle.
&#922;&#973;&#961;&#953;&#949; &#7952;&#955;&#941;&#951;&#963;&#959;&#957;

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:36 am

miditek wrote:Maybe this pork chop everyone was complaining about was actually RealTolkki(tm) in drag. (What a garish concept!)

Didn't realize he swinged that way (and I am quite sure that NeoTolkki must be completely mortified to discover this), but to each his/her/its own.

Rebel, next time just tie a rock to a case of ExLax(r) laced Hershey bars (and tell everyone else to get the hell out of the way) and hurl it towards the nearest garbage receptacle.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's distinctly possible, only I think the band would have recognized Tolkki, even in drag!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:10 am

miditek wrote:Maybe this pork chop everyone was complaining about was actually RealTolkki(tm) in drag. (What a garish concept!)

Dude, have you been drinking and posting?

If so, please do it more because it's hilarious.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:32 pm

*comes back into the thread*
:lol:

AAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAA » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:48 pm

:D :D Another sharp,very possible, analysis. :lol: :lol: Thank you Midi!!

CForever

Post by CForever » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:24 pm

For the record, I was at this show and witnessed the event in question. For starters, both Dark Arena and Pagan's Mind, imo, played pretty good sets(my buddy actually said he liked Dark Arena more then PM after the show), sure they were no Strato, but who is? For a local power metal band getting a "big break" and opening for some internationaly known bands, I thought DA put on a pretty good show, and the guys in the band seemed to be pretty cool, they all were hanging out in the crowd after their set to watch the other bands. The lady in question, while certainly seeming to be drunk to the border of obnoxiousness, did seem to be heckling them in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way, and the band took it well, all in good fun. It was all very minor, and I don't see any reason to get all butt-hurt about it on either side. For the record though, Strato put on a great show, minus some minor technical issues(which Lauri seemed to be a bit miffed about, at one point flipping the sound tech off mid-song), and blew everyone away.