You have to do new DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
rakettitulppa
You have to do new DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by rakettitulppa » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:50 pm

yes.I can't fucking wait anymore :x

mayhem-for-all

Re: You have to do new DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:09 pm

rakettitulppa wrote:yes.I can't fucking wait anymore :x
I'm sure this helps.

Or not.....
yet yes they should and they propably will.
A New Live album is actually what I am waiting for at the moment.
Especially after noticing that the setlists for this tour are totally awesome.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Yeah, I actually agree, a new Live DVD would really be something not wasted, with the new line-up, recent songs...yeah, that'd be great!!!!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Jens said once here in the forum that they will probably release a dvd with old performances. It was a year ago or so but nothing else has been said since then.
I absolutely love Infinite Visions and I would like one of that kind, even longer if it's possible. :)

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Infinite Visions of Elements sure would be nice.
Yet they also should have a Live Episiode of Polaris Live album (DvD+cd/2cd) also could be nice.
Or a live album (DvD+cd (Or 2cd?)) after the next album would also be nice

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:32 pm

You would not see that dvd so soon, just look have much effort they put in there show and you will get the all picture, set list, almost the same for years now, honestly I can believe that this is happening to some band big like Stratovarius, the king of melody, the king of spirituality inside the music..., no back ground screens with same graphic that follow the story maybe, theres no screens at all, no professional lights, only the club light guy that improvise through the concert, they travel very light, only with there instruments I think, and Jorg dont even take his drum set, all he carry is bag with Meinl cymbals, drum set and hardware is usually sponzored by local drum store, I think, I know, I know, there is new start with very little money to do with but I am not some guy who is only complained, I am really, really huge fan, beyond this I think, Maybe Jens will read this and think that this guy doesnt know what is happening here, but honestlyl, I m obsessive with this band, I am every day here for 7 or 8 years for few times at the day, and know what is the situation, I just dont write that much and I think Stratovarius need to be where he already was, whit big shows, by big I mean, with big production, and again I say, I know that it cost, but, still, there is thing you dont need the money for, like set list, come on, set down, and do some new songs, do not play H&H and B.D. on every show, lead the set list from the concerts so when you go back to the same venue, play the other ones, where is that master peace giants like Awaken the giant, Infinity, Elements,Fantasia where is that hits that can replace the singles that you play for years now, like I walk to my one song, Maniac dance and many more,..., do just basic work on lights, for instance, when the open song like Destiny starts, make the lights star on the same time, thats the banal things, but makes the show so much bigger, when you use this new beautiful backgrounds curtains, do the lights behind it, may they change the color every few seconds, the will again help to see it better and to look far moor attractive. And so on. But still the playing is excellent and I think you will take care of this stuff, again I dont want to hurt your filling Jens, just want better for you, and for the fans, and I know that tour is stress full and all, and thank you so much for all you doing right know, but with just this small changes I think the show will look better. OK, I gone too deep now, but, its the things that make mi unhappy to see, when some have huge potential for some thing and do notice it or don't wont to notice. :( :wink:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Yes. This band NEEDs a DVD. Sorry, but in my opinion Infinite Visions sucks. It is a glorified road-video that should be an extra and not the main part of the DVD.

sheryl1

Post by sheryl1 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:59 pm

crostrato wrote:no professional lights, only the club light guy that improvise through the concert, they travel very light, only with there instruments I think, and Jorg dont even take his drum set, all he carry is bag with Meinl cymbals, drum set and hardware is usually sponzored by local drum store
R U sure in saying this? or it´s just your assumption based on I don´t know what? :)

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:07 pm

crostrato wrote:You would not see that dvd so soon, just look have much effort they put in there show and you will get the all picture, set list, almost the same for years now, honestly I can believe that this is happening to some band big like Stratovarius, the king of melody, the king of spirituality inside the music..., no back ground screens with same graphic that follow the story maybe, theres no screens at all, no professional lights, only the club light guy that improvise through the concert, they travel very light, only with there instruments I think, and Jorg dont even take his drum set, all he carry is bag with Meinl cymbals, drum set and hardware is usually sponzored by local drum store, I think, I know, I know, there is new start with very little money to do with but I am not some guy who is only complained, I am really, really huge fan, beyond this I think, Maybe Jens will read this and think that this guy doesnt know what is happening here, but honestlyl, I m obsessive with this band, I am every day here for 7 or 8 years for few times at the day, and know what is the situation, I just dont write that much and I think Stratovarius need to be where he already was, whit big shows, by big I mean, with big production, and again I say, I know that it cost, but, still, there is thing you dont need the money for, like set list, come on, set down, and do some new songs, do not play H&H and B.D. on every show, lead the set list from the concerts so when you go back to the same venue, play the other ones, where is that master peace giants like Awaken the giant, Infinity, Elements,Fantasia where is that hits that can replace the singles that you play for years now, like I walk to my one song, Maniac dance and many more,..., do just basic work on lights, for instance, when the open song like Destiny starts, make the lights star on the same time, thats the banal things, but makes the show so much bigger, when you use this new beautiful backgrounds curtains, do the lights behind it, may they change the color every few seconds, the will again help to see it better and to look far moor attractive. And so on. But still the playing is excellent and I think you will take care of this stuff, again I dont want to hurt your filling Jens, just want better for you, and for the fans, and I know that tour is stress full and all, and thank you so much for all you doing right know, but with just this small changes I think the show will look better. OK, I gone too deep now, but, its the things that make mi unhappy to see, when some have huge potential for some thing and do notice it or don't wont to notice. :( :wink:
They toured in the UK, Canada and the US, 3 countrys where they aren't the best selling band. Of course they didn't play big halls. And booking big halls would be stupid since they wouldn't draw enough people. Stratovarius isn't really popular over there. And I think it never really was. Wait until the European tour in 2010. Then they will play in countrys and citys were they've played before and have a big enough fanbase to fill larger halls. I think then they'll play bigger shows with bigger stages, better lighting, backdrops and all that stuff.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:13 pm

STRATOVARIUS NEEDS A QUALITY DVD. That's for sure, I suppose they are planning something.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:Yes. This band NEEDs a DVD. Sorry, but in my opinion Infinite Visions sucks. It is a glorified road-video that should be an extra and not the main part of the DVD.
Why does it suck?

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 pm

Lurdi wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:Yes. This band NEEDs a DVD. Sorry, but in my opinion Infinite Visions sucks. It is a glorified road-video that should be an extra and not the main part of the DVD.
Why does it suck?
Because it is one big glorified road movie! And this sort of stuff should be an extra, not the main part of the DVD. Yeah, one could bring up the new Iron Maiden DVD, but that was done professionally and it was an actual documentary. Infinite visions was just a big collection of bootleg-material concert footage with some backstage footage filmed by the bandmembers, which is nice to see but as I said, this should be an extra, not the main part of the DVD. How would you feel if they would put the Tour in Progress clips on a DVD and sell it? It would basicly be the same thing. All this footage is funny and nice to see warrant to make a DVD out of it. It is just pathetic.

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 pm

I would like to see a concert DVD.
Like Sonata Arctica's "For The Sake of Revenge".

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Irinia wrote:I would like to see a concert DVD.
Like Sonata Arctica's "For The Sake of Revenge".
Irinia it's nice to see you again! I thought the earth swallowed you up :lol:

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:17 am

I am meaning live DVD, not anything stupid document/home videos.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:21 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
crostrato wrote:You would not see that dvd so soon, just look have much effort they put in there show and you will get the all picture, set list, almost the same for years now, honestly I can believe that this is happening to some band big like Stratovarius, the king of melody, the king of spirituality inside the music..., no back ground screens with same graphic that follow the story maybe, theres no screens at all, no professional lights, only the club light guy that improvise through the concert, they travel very light, only with there instruments I think, and Jorg dont even take his drum set, all he carry is bag with Meinl cymbals, drum set and hardware is usually sponzored by local drum store, I think, I know, I know, there is new start with very little money to do with but I am not some guy who is only complained, I am really, really huge fan, beyond this I think, Maybe Jens will read this and think that this guy doesnt know what is happening here, but honestlyl, I m obsessive with this band, I am every day here for 7 or 8 years for few times at the day, and know what is the situation, I just dont write that much and I think Stratovarius need to be where he already was, whit big shows, by big I mean, with big production, and again I say, I know that it cost, but, still, there is thing you dont need the money for, like set list, come on, set down, and do some new songs, do not play H&H and B.D. on every show, lead the set list from the concerts so when you go back to the same venue, play the other ones, where is that master peace giants like Awaken the giant, Infinity, Elements,Fantasia where is that hits that can replace the singles that you play for years now, like I walk to my one song, Maniac dance and many more,..., do just basic work on lights, for instance, when the open song like Destiny starts, make the lights star on the same time, thats the banal things, but makes the show so much bigger, when you use this new beautiful backgrounds curtains, do the lights behind it, may they change the color every few seconds, the will again help to see it better and to look far moor attractive. And so on. But still the playing is excellent and I think you will take care of this stuff, again I dont want to hurt your filling Jens, just want better for you, and for the fans, and I know that tour is stress full and all, and thank you so much for all you doing right know, but with just this small changes I think the show will look better. OK, I gone too deep now, but, its the things that make mi unhappy to see, when some have huge potential for some thing and do notice it or don't wont to notice. :( :wink:
They toured in the UK, Canada and the US, 3 countrys where they aren't the best selling band. Of course they didn't play big halls. And booking big halls would be stupid since they wouldn't draw enough people. Stratovarius isn't really popular over there. And I think it never really was. Wait until the European tour in 2010. Then they will play in countrys and citys were they've played before and have a big enough fanbase to fill larger halls. I think then they'll play bigger shows with bigger stages, better lighting, backdrops and all that stuff.
In eater one sentence I said they should play in bigger halls, with big audience, I said they need minimum production they deserves.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:23 am

crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
In any one sentence I said they should play in bigger halls, with big audience, I said they need minimum production they deserves.
Thay play in small bars. Venues that can hold up to 500 people at best. Do you really think they can do a lot of production work in those venues?

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 am

sheryl1 wrote:
crostrato wrote:no professional lights, only the club light guy that improvise through the concert, they travel very light, only with there instruments I think, and Jorg dont even take his drum set, all he carry is bag with Meinl cymbals, drum set and hardware is usually sponzored by local drum store
R U sure in saying this? or it´s just your assumption based on I don´t know what? :)
I m not sure, but I have two organs called eyes, that s for sure.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:25 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
In any one sentence I said they should play in bigger halls, with big audience, I said they need minimum production they deserves.
Thay play in small bars. Venues that can hold up to 500 people at best. Do you really think they can do a lot of production work in those venues?
Again, I said, minimum production in right way, not a lot of production.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:27 am

crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
I think what they did in the US and UK shows is the maximun they could do in that situation.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:29 am

Ragehead91 wrote:
crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
crostrato wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
I think what they did in the US and UK shows is the maximun they could do in that situation.
I would say, that with small things, they could make it a lot better, but ok, that is my opinion.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:50 am

And about new dvd, I said it and I will say it again, why dont they pay it to some new young production designer to do it, or to a small young production team which can be found on net anywhere, if the money is problem, I m so obsesies with that material, that even if they want, I will make it, I will go to bank and rise a credit of 10000 to 15000 euros for 5 years and rent production team to make it, with all thing, video and audio, with great cover, book within, all that Stratovarius deserves to have long time ago,and if they where satisfied with it I will give them for free and if they will not be satisfied i will give them original tape and all the stuff againg for free, ok, it looks funny, but seems to me that there is no interest to make that dvd, again Jens, Jorg or Timo, or anyone ho runs that stuff from bend, I will drink a few pills for nervousnessa and stuff to make me calm, hehe, so I can talk with them and convince the guys to make this completely free from my side.

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:28 am

making a good dvd doesn't have to be expensive,and btw a band like strato sells many copy's and can make lots of money with it.For example Talisman ''worlds best kept secret'' dvd is filmed by some amateurs friends and fans of the band with 16 camera's all just some sony handycams.Gary schutt did the dvd in his home studio and there it is a great product loved by many fans. check it out on youtube.

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 am

Lurdi wrote:Irinia it's nice to see you again! I thought the earth swallowed you up :lol:
Thanks Lurdi :) It's nice to be back too!
Luckily earth spat me back out again :lol:

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:26 am

Yea I want new DVD! :)

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:And this sort of stuff should be an extra, not the main part of the DVD.
Yet again it saddens me to see your awfully limited views. "Edguy isn't SUPPOSE to play music like this-and-that", "a music DVD is SUPPOSED to be like this-and-that... Wake up!

I don't even have time to read this whole topic, but I just expressed my feelings about your views. Once again. :D I'm kind of hoping this to become something of a habit as far as no-one actually gets offended. It's phun! ^_^
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Oh come on! If I buy a DVD I want to see a bit more then stuff that bands put on their youtube accounts for free nowadays. If I pay money for this DVD (what I did. Nowadays you can get Infinite Visions, the History of Fear (Primal Fear) and a few other DVDs in every big store like Media Markt or Saturn. Nuclear Blast re-released them and I bought the Primal Fear and Stratovarius one.), I want a bit more than bootleg-quality concert footage and a few backstage clips. Look what Primal Fear did. They also had that sort of video in their DVD. They called it "The Bootleg section". It was a 30 minute clip made of various video bootlegs with some backstage footage in between. But on top of that they still put their Wacken 2001 Show and a Show from the Black Sun Tour in 2002 on the DVD as well as video clips and an Interview. This is what I call a good DVD. Infinite Visions on the other hand was a big waste of money for me.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:42 pm

24 years....no DVD...What more can we say about it....Infinite Visions doesn't count, thats a home-video, nothing more.

The guys should be thinking about it...It will sell obviously, every big power metal band made it, Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Helloween, Children of Bodom, Running Wild, Saxon, Gamma Ray, Rhapsody of fire, Sonata Arctica....BUT STRATOVARIUS.......NO!!!

JENS PLEASE READ THIS :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:43 pm

I have to agree. Incomprehensibly, we don't have a decent DVD released yet...A lot of years without a good live footage...The only quality live footage you can find out there is RMJ 04...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 pm

RazielSR wrote:I have to agree. Incomprehensibly, we don't have a decent DVD released yet...A lot of years without a good live footage...The only quality live footage you can find out there is RMJ 04...
+