You have to do new DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
crostrato
Re: You have to do new DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:41 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:24 years....no DVD...What more can we say about it....Infinite Visions doesn't count, thats a home-video, nothing more.

The guys should be thinking about it...It will sell obviously, every big power metal band made it, Blind Guardian, Grave Digger, Helloween, Children of Bodom, Running Wild, Saxon, Gamma Ray, Rhapsody of fire, Sonata Arctica....BUT STRATOVARIUS.......NO!!!

JENS PLEASE READ THIS :lol:
+ :?

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:42 pm

You know what Stratovarius needs, all they need is good manager! Manager who knows that every
seriously bend in there catalog must have D V D !

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:51 pm

crostrato wrote:You know what Stratovarius needs, all they need is good manager! Manager who knows that every seriously bend in there catalog must have D V D !
We already recorded two concerts specifically for use in a DVD. Unfortunately none of that made it to an actual release. We are still open minded about releasing some of that material some day, but at the moment we're focusing more on he future..

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:02 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
crostrato wrote:You know what Stratovarius needs, all they need is good manager! Manager who knows that every seriously bend in there catalog must have D V D !
We already recorded two concerts specifically for use in a DVD.
Do you mean with Matias or some older gig with tolkki?!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:13 pm

rakettitulppa wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
We already recorded two concerts specifically for use in a DVD.
Do you mean with Matias or some older gig with tolkki?!

Tolkki.
One was from Sao Paulo, and the other is either RMJ or a Wacken show, I think, but I might be wrong.

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:16 pm

I don't want any fucking tolkki gigs wich I can already watch in youtube! I want new with matias!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:22 pm

rakettitulppa wrote:I don't want any fucking tolkki gigs wich I can already watch in youtube! I want new with matias!
FUCK IT MAN!! HERE'S AN ACCORDION!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZ9vX6tP5Kk&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZ9vX6tP5Kk&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:23 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
We already recorded two concerts specifically for use in a DVD. Unfortunately none of that made it to an actual release. We are still open minded about releasing some of that material some day, but at the moment we're focusing more on he future..
I know that, you are open minded for years now but it is time to actually do that. A think the essence of the dvd will be the show in Milano!

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:24 pm

robocop656 wrote:
rakettitulppa wrote:I don't want any fucking tolkki gigs wich I can already watch in youtube! I want new with matias!
FUCK IT MAN!! HERE'S AN ACCORDION!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZ9vX6tP5Kk&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FZ9vX6tP5Kk&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Ha ha, ok, Jens, sorry but now we dont need that dvd.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Do a DVD directed by Patrick Ullaeus, like Kamelot. Their DVD (OCWN) is the best DVD live ever!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Would you like a cookie? I want world peace, doesn't mean Stratovarius is going to deliver. It's like the people who come on here demanding that Stratovarius come to their country. :roll:
Posts like this are far more obnoxious that what the ACollective posts.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:28 pm

I'd wait until the big European Tour or record a show in Brazil again for a DVD.

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:13 am

That Sao Paulo 2005 on DVD would be a dream come true...

I wait for that (or similar DVD of that era) more than anything.. I wish Jens keeps the will for making this come reality... The clips from that gig already look such a marvel!

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:21 am

I've waited so long for a DVD that I don't mind waiting a bit more for one after the new cd, that might be released around Q4 2010 (I hope!)

:)

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 am

According to Jens they have recorded this Shows.

Milan 2003
Tuska 2003
Wacken 2003
Raumanmeri 2004
Sao Paulo 2005
Wacken 2007

I'm Interested in particular the Milan,Wacken 2003 and Sao Paulo

I dont know if they have recordings of shows in Japan or Masters of rock festival in youtube there are professional vids maybe exist the whole gigs recorded

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 am

That Wacken '07 one sucked, so I doubt they'd release that one. :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:35 am

Star_Ocean wrote:That Wacken '07 one sucked, so I doubt they'd release that one. :lol:
Indeed. The whole thing is on Youtube. Just listen.

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:22 pm

A new dvd would be great, but what about those old performances that was recorded here in Brazil & another in Italy & never was release??? :cry:

Florian

Post by Florian » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Star_Ocean wrote:That Wacken '07 one sucked, so I doubt they'd release that one. :lol:
Tolkki seems not to be happy to play with the others, Jens was probably drunk... :lol:

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Florian wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Tolkki seems not to be happy to play with the others, Jens was probably drunk... :lol:
Well, looking at the other videos from the later Stratovarius day he didn't seem to happy in general.

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Florian wrote:
Ragehead91 wrote:
Well, looking at the other videos from the later Stratovarius day he didn't seem to happy in general.
Can confirm that one. I saw 3 Stratovariusconcerts between 2004 and 2007. TT could easily have been replaced with a statue and nobody would have noticed.
We don’t necessarily discriminate.
We simply exclude certain types of people.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Saffron wrote: Can confirm that one. I saw 3 Stratovariusconcerts between 2004 and 2007. TT could easily have been replaced with a statue and nobody would have noticed.
I think it is pressure. As far as I know, he was always like that. On his pretty recent Finnish interview in the Soundi magazine (I seem to namedrop that magazine in every thrid post or so nowadays :P) he stated he was like a zombie in Visions of Europe recordings. I think he's felt bad on stage always pretty much. He's not an actor or entertainer at all...
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

César Maciel

Post by César Maciel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:01 am

Arkash wrote:Do a DVD directed by Patrick Ullaeus, like Kamelot. Their DVD (OCWN) is the best DVD live ever!
Agreed! Kamelot's "One Cold Winter's Night" DVD was recorded in a small venue, but it's technically flawless and the band gave a very emotional and energetic performance. A Strato DVD with the same level of both band energy and technical excellence would be perfect!
Find your own voice - Make your own paradise

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 pm

César Maciel wrote:
Arkash wrote:Do a DVD directed by Patrick Ullaeus, like Kamelot. Their DVD (OCWN) is the best DVD live ever!
Agreed! Kamelot's "One Cold Winter's Night" DVD was recorded in a small venue, but it's technically flawless and the band gave a very emotional and energetic performance. A Strato DVD with the same level of both band energy and technical excellence would be perfect!
Wasn't that DVD recorded at Rockefeller in Oslo?
That venue has the capacity to have 1300 standing audience, the stage is 11m wide and 6m deep. Just thought I'd mention the size of the venue, since it was mentioned in your post.
Stratovarius will hold their concert at Rockefeller in February 2010 :) I think it's a great place to have a concert :)

Special A2

Post by Special A2 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:50 pm

naaaah fuck that!
strato NEEDS to record the way Children Of Bodom did!
or! in Japan like Sonata Arctica did!
oh btw i LOVED their Live @ Lowlands this year, the video quality was stunning, you would have to check 'em out!

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:22 pm

No, Chaos Ridden Years is an excellent DVD but much more appropriate to Cob's music (I speak of the direction!). Wouldnt suit to Strato.

OCWN is much more poetic, symphonic, even romantic in it's direction. Strato should tend to that, but adding more epicness and grandor in its DVD, like BG's Imaginations from the Looking Glass!

César Maciel

Post by César Maciel » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 pm

Irinia wrote:
César Maciel wrote:
Wasn't that DVD recorded at Rockefeller in Oslo?
That venue has the capacity to have 1300 standing audience, the stage is 11m wide and 6m deep. Just thought I'd mention the size of the venue, since it was mentioned in your post.
Stratovarius will hold their concert at Rockefeller in February 2010 :) I think it's a great place to have a concert :)
Well, when I said "small venue" I meant a closed space for up to 2,000 people (or something like that). Big venues, for me, are places like sports arenas, which can easily accomodate 10,000 people or more. I guess it just depends on how you define "small" and "big"...

And a Strato gig at Rockefeller would be very nice indeed!
Find your own voice - Make your own paradise

Irinia

Post by Irinia » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 am

César Maciel wrote: Well, when I said "small venue" I meant a closed space for up to 2,000 people (or something like that). Big venues, for me, are places like sports arenas, which can easily accomodate 10,000 people or more. I guess it just depends on how you define "small" and "big"...

And a Strato gig at Rockefeller would be very nice indeed!
Exactly. I just wanted to define the size. Because for some "small" might be like up to 500 people. I really don't think Rockefeller is big :lol:
Bigger concerts I think more about venues like Vallhall (13 000) and Oslo Spektrum (9700). Norway isn't the biggest country in the world exactly ;)

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:27 am

Norway isn't the biggest country in the world exactly Wink
But Scandinavia is the biggest Metal region in the world...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Arkash wrote:
Norway isn't the biggest country in the world exactly Wink
But Scandinavia is the biggest Metal region in the world...
+15478623014756 (that's over nine THOUZAAAANNNDDD!!!)
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!