Tolkkis book

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Do you think TT's book will be released on schedule

Poll ended at Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 38

raattori
Tolkkis book

Post by raattori » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 pm

I was just thinking this some days back. What do you think if TT's book will be 'delayed' :D I mean it wouldnt really big suprise if it would delay like return to dreamspace and stuff

lalodrums2

Re: Tolkkis book

Post by lalodrums2 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:31 am

i think it will be released on schedule, no worries :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:32 am

I guess we will just have to wait and see. If it happens it happens, and if it dont.........we will live. :D

Maybe a TV movie can be made from it. Lifetime does alot of movies based on biographies and autobiographies of noteable people! That would be cool! :bigok:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:40 am

browneyedgirl wrote:I guess we will just have to wait and see. If it happens it happens, and if it dont.........we will live. :D

Maybe a TV movie can be made from it. Lifetime does alot of movies based on biographies and autobiographies of noteable people! That would be cool! :bigok:
Yeah, I'm sure SOAP and WE channels will make some play out of it :D
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:06 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
browneyedgirl wrote:I guess we will just have to wait and see. If it happens it happens, and if it dont.........we will live. :D

Yeah, I'm sure SOAP and WE channels will make some play out of it :D
Well, it worked for Sarah Palin and Ross Perot, sort of. :D

+#)!(!]"\^*|<

Post by +#)!(!]"\^*|< » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:26 am

raattori wrote:What do you think if TT's book will be 'delayed' :D
Might not be delayed, but it'll still be retarded! :lol: :lol:
:bounce1: :laff:

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 am

If Tolkki had to release himself, he couldn't be on schedule.

Anyway, this is very troubling. I'm not paying from the crap showed in that promo (of Visions chapter at least). But I want to read the whole book! :D
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 am

tolkki was always behind scedule when stratovarius had concerts, he would always show up 3 years or so after the bands performance.

SinisterStar

Post by SinisterStar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:22 pm

lalodrums2 wrote:i think it will be released on schedule, no worries :)
Actually he told me personally last night that the book is being delayed because it is still being translated

palarmux

Post by palarmux » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:28 pm

I think it will be on schedule. Tolkki cannot delay everything :)

life-l

Post by life-l » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:26 pm

my voice goes to No, but I hope, really hope, the book will be released on schedule :) i'm pessimist :D
browneyedgirl wrote:Maybe a TV movie can be made from it.

lol it would be GREAT!!!! but... there isn't even DVD..... :cry:
sorry for my english)))

raattori

Post by raattori » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:36 pm

life-l wrote:my voice goes to No, but I hope, really hope, the book will be released on schedule :)
thats what I hope too :)

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:18 am

life-l wrote:my voice goes to No, but I hope, really hope, the book will be released on schedule :) i'm pessimist :D
Doesn't the hope part kinda many you optimist more like? :shock:

Well I once cried seeing a friend of mine write an essay because it was so bad. Then I edited his essay and cried because it became that good.
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:46 am

life-l wrote:my voice goes to No, but I hope, really hope, the book will be released on schedule :) i'm pessimist :D
browneyedgirl wrote:Maybe a TV movie can be made from it.

lol it would be GREAT!!!! but... there isn't even DVD..... :cry:
Alfred Molina or Mark Addy as TT....... ;)

LauriPorra

Post by LauriPorra » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:21 am

If the book comes on time (physically) I will donate a bass to the guy who won Tolkki´s guitar (If he ever recieved it, i´d love to hear if he ever got it)
I truly respect and love the guy, but following his statements and "schedules" is not really his forte.

-Lauri Porra

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:27 am

this guy may just end up with a full set of band equipment.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:47 am

LauriPorra wrote:If the book comes on time (physically) I will donate a bass to the guy who won Tolkki´s guitar (If he ever recieved it, i´d love to hear if he ever got it)
I truly respect and love the guy, but following his statements and "schedules" is not really his forte.

-Lauri Porra
Yes, Tolkkischedules nowadays are not very reliable...

About the guitar, the last thing the guy said, is that Tolkki said to him something like "the guitar is having some kind of "repairs"...:roll: :shock: 8)

icecab21 wrote:this guy may just end up with a full set of band equipment.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, what a pity, I mean Tolkki . A waste of talent nowadays imo. He created one of the most incredible songs in power metal scene, at least for me and many people, and now all about him is confusion.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:51 pm

RazielSR wrote: About the guitar, the last thing the guy said, is that Tolkki said to him something like "the guitar is having some kind of "repairs"...:roll: :shock: 8)
For real? The guy never got the guitar? I would really like to know if that is true. I thought the whole thing was another scam but was pleasantly surprised to see that it apparently had actually been legit. Now I wonder...

As for the book, I think it's more than likely to come out late if it comes out at all, and it will have very limited distribution, and this will all be "someone else's" fault. I won't read it, because it will be all about promoting TT and will have slanted elements to tarnish the public images of the others. Negative and pessimistic? Sure, but that's the latest lesson I learned from Mr. Tolkki. I preferred the early ones. :?
Let's Rage!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Well, if the book is not going to be any larger(# of pages)than has been stated probably we know most all thats going to be in it anyway. >sigh<

I was hoping it would be distributed in USA. I know it would sell some because there are Strato fans here. Maybe he could sell through Books A Million, or Amazon some copies? ???

raattori

Post by raattori » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:19 pm

LauriPorra wrote:If the book comes on time (physically) I will donate a bass to the guy who won Tolkki´s guitar (If he ever recieved it, i´d love to hear if he ever got it)

-Lauri Porra
+1

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Aldaron wrote: For real? The guy never got the guitar? I would really like to know if that is true. I thought the whole thing was another scam but was pleasantly surprised to see that it apparently had actually been legit. Now I wonder...
That was what the guy said in RR forum the last time I saw him around there. I'd like to know about it too.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

life-l

Post by life-l » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Intiaani wrote: Doesn't the hope part kinda many you optimist more like?
I rely on the worst & hope for the best :w00t: :lol:
LauriPorra wrote:If the book comes on time (physically) I will donate a bass to the guy who won Tolkki´s guitar
need to remember that.... just in case :D
RazielSR wrote: He created one of the most incredible songs in power metal scene...... and now all about him is confusion.
unfortunately................. :cry: :cry: :cry:
sorry for my english)))

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:14 pm

I won't read it, because it will be all about promoting TT and will have slanted elements to tarnish the public images of the others.
I'm not sure how tolkki talking about his fathers death and his last moments with his father is self promotion for timo tolkki but ok.

raattori

Post by raattori » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:40 pm

icecab21 wrote:

I won't read it, because it will be all about promoting TT and will have slanted elements to tarnish the public images of the others.
I'm not sure how tolkki talking about his fathers death and his last moments with his father is self promotion for timo tolkki but ok.
im sure that part wont be but almost everything else. cant be sure tho.

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:57 pm

icecab21 wrote:

How is it not? Clearly he wants to build sympathy for the "central character" in his story; himself. Autobigraphical non-fiction frequently uses the literary device of building a sympathetic relationship to the person who starts from humble beginnings, overcomes hardship and achieves success. Quite a common formula, and nothing wrong with that. It's how he handles the final chapters that make the difference. Does our hero remain a master of his own destiny or does he portray himself the victim of illness, corporate villains and mutinous friends? Sure, he's going to give us the "facts", but how he does it makes all the difference.

He's had his chance to tell his story in his protracted videos. The book is overkill, imo unless it is more fair in it's portrayal of everyone involved.
Let's Rage!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:24 am

I’ll have to read the book to see what his goals are. If it's a “here is my story, so buy my products book", or a "here is my story, I hope this helps out your life kind of book". For the most part books are always a mix of both. Why make a book if a person is not trying to say something or sell an idea? People that write that don't care for personal gain are still selling something. Even saying nothing is saying something.
If he did not write a book at all, that would be self promotion as well since there would be social gain from that choice.
Biographies are supposed to tell of peoples experiences, they are not supposed to be rosy and should not be curved to have some happy ending if the person did not experience that in life. If an event fucks someone up, they should write that the event fucked them up and any good or bad that they have experienced because of that event. They should talk about the times the event gave motivation and helped them create something and the times the event made them a wreck and helped them destroy something.
You think his father’s death is a “fact”, rather than a fact?

Aldaron

Post by Aldaron » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:38 pm

icecab21 wrote:I’ll have to read the book to see what his goals are. If it's a “here is my story, so buy my products book", or a "here is my story, I hope this helps out your life kind of book". For the most part books are always a mix of both. Why make a book if a person is not trying to say something or sell an idea? People that write that don't care for personal gain are still selling something. Even saying nothing is saying something.
If he did not write a book at all, that would be self promotion as well since there would be social gain from that choice.
Biographies are supposed to tell of peoples experiences, they are not supposed to be rosy and should not be curved to have some happy ending if the person did not experience that in life. If an event fucks someone up, they should write that the event fucked them up and any good or bad that they have experienced because of that event. They should talk about the times the event gave motivation and helped them create something and the times the event made them a wreck and helped them destroy something.
You think his father’s death is a “fact”, rather than a fact?
?
Whoa,you totally did not get what I was trying to say and went off on a tangent. I simply meant that I suspect this book is one more attempt to garner positive public opinion for himself and probably also discredit his former bandmates. If it is indeed an accurate account of events, great. But I fear it will be skewed, like his many other attempts to explain the past, and I'm really tired of him doing that. If it's "here is my story, I hope this helps out your life kind of book" as you said, that will be excellent. I'm just suspicious of his motives, with good reason.
Let's Rage!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:24 pm

I think it will be a mixed bag and that people will have a better expirence with the book if they can separate the parts of that mixed bag. i think if a apple is half bruised, it's better to just throw out that part of the apple and eat the rest than to throw out the whole apple.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:14 am

Aldaron wrote:If it is indeed an accurate account of events, great. But I fear it will be skewed, like his many other attempts to explain the past, and I'm really tired of him doing that. If it's "here is my story, I hope this helps out your life kind of book" as you said, that will be excellent. I'm just suspicious of his motives, with good reason.
It is 751 days (a little over two years) since TT said that he didn't want the band to continue.
TT wrote:Strato hasn´t been fun at least for me for a long time ... I feel that Strato has become a job, a duty ... one very important thing for me is that I just simply have gotten bored ... I have also headed for new things in my life and I haven´t had so much fun ever, than doing my opera project. So from my perspective, this decision is quite easy ... my decision is final

etc etc.

Of course, in a way understandable. If it's not fun any more, why continue?

In retrospect, what he actually ended up doing in connection with that, business and career wise, was foolish and short-sighted for himself, and selfish (causing great financial damage to his former band mates.) It was the final wrong turn for him with Stratovarius, and the first step on a long trail of other really dumb decisions for him.

Quite a lot of his public statements these past 751 days have been to try to justify what he did, and -- once he realized we at least considered continuing without him -- to discredit and damage the band he now bitterly regrets leaving behind.

He tries to use whatever means he has at his disposal, be it distortions, bald-faced lies, attempts at blackmail, etc.

I don't expect the book to be much different. I don't expect much of any self insight, eg any light shone in it on uncomfortable ways he failed anyone in his life. I don't expect details on embarrassing personal dealings with women and/or family. Indeed I'd be surprised if he described how he made even any wrong decision whatsoever.

I expect a lot of "X Y and Z did this wrong" where X Y and Z, ahem, just by coincidence, happen to be some of the current members of Stratovarius.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up handing out electronic copies for free or close to free. That would make sense, to try to maximize the damage to the people who are causing him such Narcissistic pain. Same stuff that has been going on for the last 751 days.

The only possible good news if you have someone who is plotting your personal destruction, is if that someone is inept at plotting it. That fortune seems to be ours.

Initially a lot of people bought his lies. About one year into it that changed considerably. Now, it seems not many people care any more. I have a feeling the book will be pretty much ignored because it will be a the same boring litany of transparent distortions for the same transparent purpose: Stratovarius Must Die.

What a stupid waste of two years, for anyone.

+#)!(!]"\^*|<

Post by +#)!(!]"\^*|< » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:24 am

Yeah, that guy should really try out the bowflex.... :D