Pakkahuone Tampere

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
shg
Pakkahuone Tampere

Post by shg » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:58 pm

Thank you for wonderful evening at Pakkahuone to whole band. Special Thanks to Jörg. Your drumming was a pleasure to watch!

Black Sabbath! :)

sheryl1

Re: Pakkahuone Tampere

Post by sheryl1 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:10 pm

and the playlist? any changes in comparison to the one from S America? :)

Keyssion

Post by Keyssion » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:55 pm

It was pretty nice! I just got very bored to the setlist. But great playing by everyone!

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm

sheryl1 wrote:and the playlist? any changes in comparison to the one from S America? :)
Playlist: Destiny, Hunting High and Low, Speed of Light, Kiss of Judas, Deep Unknown, A Million Light Years Away, Jens&Lauri soolo, Winter Skies, Phoenix, Lauri vs Matias soolot, Forever is Today, Twilight Symphony, Eagleheart, Forever, Father Time, Jens soolo, Black Diamond, yy kaa koo nee. :P
I think that some changes is in list :party:
Meikä Ankka

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Finally I got a chance to see Lauri playing some amazing solos! Matias' were also great. Seems like these guys, well, every musician of the band, are world-class. I think I had been in a gig Lauri'd soloed earlier this year (in Lappeenranta) but we weren't quite following all the time... Actually when Eagleheart was playing we left the tent and noticed that the band sounded very good from the distance. Funny how men can fly to the moon but just can't get the audio work especially if you're too close to the band playing...

Anyway, last night's show. Amazing! My fourth Strato gig and the best! Absolutely killer setlist! Jörgi was outstanding, I have to admit, looking that he had a good time playing and adding some great bridges around the set, with each of them working very well! o/

What shouldn't be considered as a question mark anymore are Kotipelto vocals. I don't know if he happens to have an especially good day whenever I see him or if he just is always very, very good. The only song he showed some humanly signs was Forever Is Today, but with older songs with insanely high and/or hard stuff (such as Destiny and Father Time) it was like he had the routine to sing them very greatly!

Speaking of Destiny... Well, what's there to speak actually? The song that originally showed me how good music can be, delivered perfectly. That's all there is to it. My hand holding a beer mug began shaking uncontrollably and my legs went numb when they got to those solo parts that are my all time favorite part in any music. Now that was something new! :D Big thanks for the band for making this possible for me, finally! And the Visions ending for Destiny! Gotta love the Visions ending!

The other set was perfect as well yada yada yeah. A perfect gig. 10/10. Yeah, I'm looking through the fan glasses as well, but I'm just proud of it.

Some icy but funny as hell speaks as well. "Eiks ollu aika kova biisi jonka se äsken soitti?" ("Wasn't it a killer song he just played?") - Matias Kupiainen after Lauri's insane bass solo. :D Also, TK went, "Jens, you played that on the record... what was it called... Black...?" "SABBATH~!", answered Jens... :lol:

My opinions in general haven't changed. Even though I sang/yelled every song of the gig once again, I still enjoyed A Million Light Years Away the least. Father Time gave great kicks as it was the first time on this tour I managed to hear it. As always, I think Twilight Symphony should be in the set. It's a good song, and those solos are very beautiful. The same goes with Winter Skies. Also Eagleheart and Deep Unknown really work live in my opinion. As said, pretty much perfect set list. The right songs for me were left out (Higher We Go and Legions). It would be utter greatness if Light Years was switched to, say, S.O.S.

+ Destiny
+ Awesome set
+ Destiny
+ Awesome performance
+ Destiny
+ Everything else really except

- What happened with TK's mic during A Million Light Years Away?
- A Million Light Years Away in general... and it's only a semi-minus. :D

Perfect, guys! You just keep getting better it seems. :)
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

raattori

Post by raattori » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:47 pm

Keyssion wrote:It was pretty nice! I just got very bored to the setlist. But great playing by everyone!
yeah, i saw them in sauna open air and the set list was pretty mutch the same, so i got little bored too. solos were amazing tho. Ofc i liked the gig in general.

and no paradise and will my soul ever rest in peace :(

UnaInZodiac

Post by UnaInZodiac » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:18 pm

I was there, I heard them and saw them - the sound reproduction was not perfect near the stage so we should have moved backwards - we didn't
Thanks to the band, you have the spirit right
Nice talking to you Lauri, all the best for you

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:07 am

interesting how people get bored of a setlist after only seeing a band once or a few or before they even see it live. ive seen the band twice and half the setlist on the second tour was not what i saw on the first tour.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:42 am

Intiaani wrote:Actually when Eagleheart was playing we left the tent and noticed that the band sounded very good from the distance. Funny how men can fly to the moon but just can't get the audio work especially if you're too close to the band playing...
Continuing this, this is exactly what happened with Dreamtale the day before yesterday. Once we actually went to the beer tents, we could here how greatly band played. It turned out that Mr. Seppänen was a far, FAR better singer than I first thought! :D My friend and I both caught some serious goose bumps from the awesome vocals!

Not that Kotipelto was bad or anything. His voice was in awesome shape! We followed the whole Strato gig from far back as well so we could actually hear that fact... Being, like, 25 meters away from the band didn't stop us from yelling and waving though. :D
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

shg

Post by shg » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:44 pm

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:57 pm

Thank you Stratovarius for the great gig in Pakkahuone :D you guys are just awesome :D

StratoTimo

Post by StratoTimo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:13 pm

nefertari wrote:Thank you Stratovarius for the great gig in Pakkahuone :D you guys are just awesome :D
Oh you were also there :shock:
But yes, That gig was Best in Show :D I just hope that here that gig would be better, with one solo :P
Meikä Ankka

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:40 pm

I was there also, about 1.5 meters from front row, just left from the fence separating the service area from rest of the area.
And Thursday I'm gonna go see the gig in Turku :D